PDA

View Full Version : 400 miles from the coast and still gotta deal....

RiverOtter
09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
With freakin hurricanes!!!!!!!!!!!! :burningm:
Nooga is getting 8 - 10 inches of rain and 30 to 70 MPH winds :mad: :mad: :220v:
http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/spec_trop2_720x486.jpg

JetBoatRich
09-16-2004, 03:22 PM
That is a massive storm, be careful :sqeyes:
Sure could use some of that over here :idea:

racecar.hotshoe
09-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Just be careful,Thing can get outa hand real fast.

RiverOtter
09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
That is a massive storm, be careful :sqeyes:
Sure could use some of that over here :idea:
I would gladly give y'all some of this rain. River is already swelling. Creeks will flood. The trees are whipping around (I'm talking 100 year oaks). Just praying they don't fall on the house. This stinks :burningm:

manuel
09-16-2004, 07:01 PM
That's about what we got in central Alabama, trees down, power out, bad flooding, my friend lives in Knoxville and now she's getting it, the gulf damage is real scattered, some places are flattened and next door is just missing shingles,
Tomorrow they will have the copters surveying from above and then we will really see what's left, Yahoo has some good (but bad) pictures,
I haven't heard about Nichol's Live Bait yet, I wonder where you put a boat like his to keep it safe ?, sure wouldn't fit in my carport :D

RiverOtter
09-16-2004, 07:04 PM
That's about what we got in central Alabama, trees down, power out, bad flooding, my friend lives in Knoxville and now she's getting it, the gulf damage is real scattered, some places are flattened and next door is just missing shingles,
Tomorrow they will have the copters surveying from above and then we will really see what's left, Yahoo has some good (but bad) pictures,
I haven't heard about Nichol's Live Bait yet, I wonder where you put a boat like his to keep it safe ?, sure wouldn't fit in my carport :D
I've met that dude.... He's a piece of work!! We've got some serious wind right now and rain. Hoping the trees don's fall on the house. I'm suppost to go to Knowville Saturday and see the Gin BLossoms at some fair in Knowville. Guess that won't happen :cry:

Daytona19
09-16-2004, 07:08 PM
I work for the power company here in Michigan and was asked to go yesterday morning to Alabama and by the afternoon they told us we were not going. I know a few crews from my company went but nono from my headquarters. I dont understand why we are slow at work and were more than happy to help. good luck to you all, stay safe & away from ANY line on the ground you never know if they are alive or dead.

RiverOtter
09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
I work for the power company here in Michigan and was asked to go yesterday morning to Alabama and by the afternoon they told us we were not going. I know a few crews from my company went but nono from my headquarters. I dont understand why we are slow at work and were more than happy to help. good luck to you all, stay safe & away from ANY line on the ground you never know if they are alive or dead.
Thanks, still waiting for my power to go off.

manuel
09-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Daytona19, that's odd because we have 860,000 homes without power (over a mill if you include comercial and government), you would think they could use all the help they could get, ??

ROZ
09-17-2004, 12:05 AM
I heard that if we were to have rainfall at the same rate you guys are getting it right now, we'd have our yearly rainfall total within 15 minuites! :D

RiverOtter
09-17-2004, 04:28 AM
I heard that if we were to have rainfall at the same rate you guys are getting it right now, we'd have our yearly rainfall total within 15 minuites! :D
We had 6" at the airport and 10" in other areas. Fortunately Ivan moved out faster than they expected. Lots of flooding though.

Desert Rat
09-17-2004, 06:16 AM
I'll stay on the Left coast and deal with the occasional earthquake. thank you very much! :D

RiverOtter
09-17-2004, 06:29 AM
I'll stay on the Left coast and deal with the occasional earthquake. thank you very much! :D
At lease we can see it coming and can choose to get out of the way or risk it all and ride it out :chi:

Desert Rat
09-17-2004, 06:38 AM
At lease we can see it coming and can choose to get out of the way or risk it all and ride it out :chi:
You have a point there. I just hope mother nature gives you guys a break soon. We don't need any more destruction.

RiverOtter
09-17-2004, 06:40 AM
You have a point there. I just hope mother nature gives you guys a break soon. We don't need any more destruction.
Have you heard about Tropical Storm Jeanne :burningm:

Slib77
09-17-2004, 08:31 AM
That's the one coming up from Baja I think. They said we might get some drizzle 2morrow or Sunday.

RiverOtter
09-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Nope this ones getting ready to hit the Bahamas. And then another one behind that one called Kurt??

Slib77
09-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Man!!! What the hell is going on down there?
Stay safe River.

RiverOtter
09-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Man!!! What the hell is going on down there?
Stay safe River.
Well I'm in TN so no big time danger but I own stuff down there and love to go down there :cry: