PDA

View Full Version : Bush Takes Commanding 13-point Lead!

MagicMtnDan
09-17-2004, 10:27 AM
New public opinion surveys paint very different pictures of the presidential race, with a poll Friday showing President Bush with a commanding 13-point lead over challenger John Kerry coming a day after two other surveys showed the race returning to a statistical dead heat.
FridayÂ’s poll said Bush was leading Kerry 55 percent to 42 percent among likely voters, and 52 percent to 44 percent among all registered voters. Both figures represent a significant improvement for Bush since just before the beginning of the Republican National Convention on Aug. 30.
The results of the USA Today/CNN/Gallup poll of 1,022 people conducted Sept. 13-15, which had a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percent, gave Bush the first statistically significant edge either candidate has held this year.
“It doesn’t look like the new consultants and strategies of attacks are the right ones” for Kerry, Bush campaign adviser Matthew Dowd told USA Today.

Essex502
09-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Public opinion poles are like buttholes...lots of them around and they all smell a little differently!
Statistically speaking the poles can say just about what the pollsters want them to say depending on who's taking the pole and how large the sample set is. I don't trust any pole for it's accuracy. There all usually wrong to some level.
If you believe a pole I have an island for sale too...cheap! :D

Rexone
09-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Public opinion poles are like buttholes...lots of them around and they all smell a little differently!
I agree polls mean little. I really don't care to know how you are aware of this other information. :squiggle:
:D

DEAL BROTHER
09-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Bush/Cheney sign placed in yard and "W - 04" sticker on Yukon today. It feels great!

MagicMtnDan
09-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Statistically speaking the poles can say just about what the pollsters want them to say depending on who's taking the pole and how large the sample set is. I don't trust any pole for it's accuracy. There all usually wrong to some level.
If you believe a pole I have an island for sale too...cheap! :D
FYI:
This is a POLL
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/images/0304-06.jpg
And this is a POLE
http://www.ginasplayground.com/MMIII06/23/p/P01.jpg

steelcomp
09-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Funny thing about polls is they're (mostly) all delivered by the lib mainstream media, so you know if they could put a favorable slant on them, they would. Are they accurate? Probably as accurate as a speedometer in a boat. Not every one is, and some more so than others. Are they a good reference as to changes taking place? I'd say so.
Go Bush!!!
We're heading for a landslide, BUT!!!!...Don't get cocky, and don't rest on your laurels...one of Bush's most favorable personality traits (IMNTBHO...in my never to be humble opinion)...is his humility, and I think it's a good lead to follow. It ain't over till Kerry goes by by!