PDA

View Full Version : With all the talk about mandatory licensing....

robt
09-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Whats the biggest courtesies issue people forget about :
as im a fairly new boater about to buy my first and i want to see what pisses people off the most
rob

1stepcloser
09-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Patience. especially cruising the channel.

Wally_Gator
09-17-2004, 12:01 PM
I would say driving too close. stay your distance...

1stepcloser
09-17-2004, 12:03 PM
If a boat is sitting still in the water, particualrly if the hatch is open, cruise on by and make sure all is well and they're not broke....

coolchange
09-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Common sense.
The ramp. Make sure you know how to drive your trailer, Both directions.
If you're backin to the water and you have anything else to do but fire it up and back away your pissin people off :hammer2:

lucky
09-17-2004, 12:13 PM
proper flag usage when water ski'ng -
ramp edicate -- load it up and move it out ---- :idea: what a consept

miller19j
09-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Patience for new people on the ramp!
Everyone learned sometime take it easy on the new guys, even better help them out!

BADBLOWN572
09-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Make sure you are ready to launch before you pull on to the ramp. Don't load up all of your stuff on the ramp and expect people to react kindly. If you cant be in and out in 3 minutes, you need to work on it (when the ramp is slow).

Mandelon
09-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Definitely launch ramp etiquette.
Minimize the amount of time others have to wait for you.
Don't make wakes where you are not supposed to.
Don't come too close unless its really slow, especially if other boats are tied up together or to a dock.
Do offer help and be friendly.
Pick up your trash.
Have the women on your boat women pasties and thongs.
Throw the shocker often. :D
Don't play obnoxious profanity laden music around llittle kids.
Thanks for asking.

robt
09-17-2004, 12:54 PM
i got the ramp part down pat i have pulled trailers since i was 16 so no trouble there i get it tonight and will have it in the water sat but my boat is no where near what i see you all got but hell i gotta start somewhere
and at 23 i got many years of tearing them up and trading them in
rob

BADBLOWN572
09-17-2004, 01:15 PM
You could call it courtesy or just good driving, but nothing pisses me off more than someone not looking over their shoulder before they turn.

robt
09-18-2004, 01:32 PM
well thanks for all the input guys first trip out was great and the wife loves
it (her first time ever on the water) when we were loading up to leave she said we should have got something a little bigger like that and pointed over to a big i/o that was about to launch so im thinking that we are going boat shopping andto think this was the lady that got pissed when i bought this boat saying that we would never use it
rob

boatnam2
09-18-2004, 01:47 PM
one thing i see all the time dosent really piss me off more of a how can someone be so fccking dumd.people riding on the front of the boat while putting along dragging there feet in the water especially pontoon boats.another really good one people that are skiing on a saturday afternoon in parker on the most crowded part of the river with 100 boats zipping by in friggin chopped up water that they can barley keep there head above water in.

robt
09-18-2004, 02:05 PM
ALWAYS OFFER FREE BEER TO GUYS WITH "TITTIES AND BEER" ON THE BACK OF THEIR BOAT and you will make lots o friends :D
call me a p@##Y but no beer in my boat my brother killed himself by 4/22/04
by drinking and boating so i kinda figure if i dont drink and drive why drink and boat but i got plenty of dr p and ice tea for you
rob

charlyox
09-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Jetskiis.They don't look where they are going. turn without looking over their shoulder. they usually are rentels and don't know the rules of the road

XtrmWakeborder
09-18-2004, 02:41 PM
You could call it courtesy or just good driving, but nothing pisses me off more than someone not looking over their shoulder before they turn.
I've seen two occasions when someone hasn't done that "on sea doos" and almost hit you. But you and the guys on your boat made them pay, it seemed as if they were going to piss their pants..I was bustin up as i drove past

shueman
09-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Pick Up Yur Friggin Trash....!!!
The Amount Of Trash Left On The Beach Of The Lhc Island Is Horrid....

fourspeednup
09-18-2004, 04:17 PM
I've seen two occasions when someone hasn't done that "on sea doos" and almost hit you. But you and the guys on your boat made them pay, it seemed as if they were going to piss their pants..I was bustin up as i drove past
was that on Mem day weekend in Parker? I think I remember the incident

H20Advantage
09-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Being ready to go at the ramp when you launch and when it's time to leave drop your party and don't hang right at the ramp so others can't drop their parties off. Head back out toward the buoy's from the ramp and keep an eye peeled for the truck before coming back in.
Windsor can be bad for this especially with the rentals waiting for the next trailer truck. They crowd the drop off docks so that you can't get in to drop your party off.
Second keep your eyes peeled as if you were still on the road. Seems people get in a boat and forget the rules of the road. Look before you turn or back up and be courteous. We all screw up sometimes so acknowledge this don't do it again and have fun. :D

ahhell
09-18-2004, 05:15 PM
like everyone said before...get ready before the launch ramp, nothing worse than watching a bunch of dipshjits back into the water, then start loading skiis ,ice chests, yada ,yada, yada for 20 f*&%ing minutes...and no u-turns in front of others...and dont feed the titties and beer guy..j/k Mark

Kim Hanson
09-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Everyone learned sometime take it easy on the new guys, even better help them out!
Last time out helped 3 people back them in and help one family get there boat running and gave them this thing for pulling tubes, Im calm at the water......( . )( . ).....Till someone sinks me, then look the **** out! :D
Stay out of my way on the water, I follow all rules, but don't need some yahoo pulling in front of me and Im hittin a hundred...I don't got no focking brakes with this model :D

XtrmWakeborder
09-18-2004, 09:40 PM
was that on Mem day weekend in Parker? I think I remember the incident
Sure was...right where the island is around the bend. Were you in the boat also?

missboatnam1
09-18-2004, 10:17 PM
dont be somebody your not....if someone waves and smiles do the same...dont try to be too cool....cuz your not...nobody is....if they have kids respect that, i dont know how old you are, but people forget about the kids....have fun, and be safe....ohhh get pissed and and yell if a see doo rider is careless, most of them just need some time to learn how to, and no one tells them!!
:jawdrop: :eat:

CrazyHippy
09-18-2004, 10:56 PM
No wake means NO wake, not just barely off plane putting out 3' rollers as i'm trying to load the boat oin the trailer solo.... :boxingguy :boxingguy :burningm: :burningm:
I started throwing things at that jackarse
BJH :redface:

shueman
09-19-2004, 06:47 AM
dont be somebody your not....if they have kids respect that....people forget about the kids....have fun, and be safe....
Kids...!!! We can all remember our FIRST boating experience...make it memoriable for them as well....!! :smile:

NashvilleBound
09-19-2004, 07:14 AM
Your just too damn nice :D :D :D I so want to be like you :supp:
your right tho, help each other no matter whos on the ramp. We're all in this together.

Sleek-Jet
09-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Your just too damn nice ...
You don't know Miller very well do you?? :notam: :D

gramps
09-19-2004, 07:30 AM
ALWAYS OFFER FREE BEER TO GUYS WITH "TITTIES AND BEER" ON THE BACK OF THEIR BOAT and you will make lots o friends :D
funny............on my boat it says.....on the 8th day god created beer......but you gotta remember that my boat has two barstools...

fourspeednup
09-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Sure was...right where the island is around the bend. Were you in the boat also?
Yep, honestly thought we'd killed the guy and his child passenger....bow rose up while coming off plane and he completely disappeared. Came back down and he's only 7-8ft away :jawdrop:
Get this...his response when we "politely" asked what he was doing ;)
"Sorry guys, I wasn't paying attention" <------NO JOKE! :hammer2:

XtrmWakeborder
09-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Yep, honestly thought we'd killed the guy and his child passenger....bow rose up while coming off plane and he completely disappeared. Came back down and he's only 7-8ft away :jawdrop:
Get this...his response when we "politely" asked what he was doing ;)
"Sorry guys, I wasn't paying attention" <------NO JOKE! :hammer2:
Gotta love a guy saying i wasn't paying attention on a busy ass weekend on one of the most congested parts of the river with child passenger...genious, but you guys made him pay lol i can't tell you how may times i saw that happen on that bend during that weekend, it boggles the mind