09-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Cool boat or ugly boat :( :D :wink:

WetWillie
09-18-2004, 08:51 PM
So you wouldnt float it?? I bet it looks better when half
if it is under water!

Charley
09-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Am I really seeing this 150 mph boat with single ram steering and NO TIE BAR?
http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/projectboats/30daytonadrives1.jpg

Kilrtoy
09-18-2004, 10:03 PM
No, I think it said 15MPH, so the single ram should do just fine :( :supp:

Bre
09-19-2004, 08:54 AM
So you wouldnt float it?? I bet it looks better when half
if it is under water!
No.... I don't like the colors or the way those canopys look. :(

WetWillie
09-19-2004, 09:31 AM
You are one picky Mommmma :notam:

shockwaveharry
09-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Am I really seeing this 150 mph boat with single ram steering and NO TIE BAR?
http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/projectboats/30daytonadrives1.jpg
I'm guessin it's still being rigged at that point... no hatch cover on in the picture. Although...maybe the riggers didn't plan on using a tie bar on this one and theres no hatch cause their still installing the fuel fills in the engine compatrment... :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
09-19-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm guessin it's still being rigged at that point... no hatch cover on in the picture. Although...maybe the riggers didn't plan on using a tie bar on this one and theres no hatch cause their still installing the fuel fills in the engine compatrment... :wink:
Hehehehe... :D
...or maybe they realized that they accidentally bolted a trim tab in place of the tunnel tab! :idea:

Charley
09-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Hehehehe... :D
...or maybe they realized that they accidentally bolted a trim tab in place of the tunnel tab! :idea:
I didn't wanna say it but either for fear of lookin like a hater, but you did HH!! ;)
unfinished rigging??... I dunno... seems like if they were gonna do it they would have done it before snapping a photo representing a productt for sale.... how long does it take to put the tie bar on and adjust it? I hope you are right though.

Charley
09-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Well it doesn't appear to be the theme over at Semper based on these pics, so lets give them the benefit of the doubt ;)
http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/rigging/zinkindrive1.jpg
http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/rigging/drive1.jpg
http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/rigging/22blazedrive1.jpg

shockwaveharry
09-19-2004, 10:30 AM
If they don't use a tie bar it'll lose its toe setting the first time the steering wheel is turned... I can't imagine there not being a tie bar on that thing.
As for the "tunnel tab" :idea: Well... if it goes without saying then I ain't gunna say it.
HH did though... HA!

Daytona 25
09-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Any idea on what they are asking? That is one of the nicest 30's that I have seen.

Havasu Hangin'
09-19-2004, 11:41 AM
I didn't wanna say it but either for fear of lookin like a hater, but you did HH!!
Charley...do I ever hold anything back? :messedup:

andy01
09-19-2004, 11:48 AM
That boat doesn't need a tunnel tab, it has a training wheel in the middle!
Andy

roln 20s
09-19-2004, 11:51 AM
This boat was at the Poker Run West event this weekend in San Diego Mission Bay. Its a beautiful boat, and Charley, they did have a tie bar on :D :) I think during the radar runs for the Poker Run he was real close to 150. Its beautiful, hauls ass, and has full hydrolic steering :) My guess on price would be 250-300K, but thats just pure guessing.
Roln 20s

Dave C
09-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Mark Semper is a good guy. My impression of him would be that he would NOT rig anything half-ass. The photos had to have been taken before it was finished.
He likes to order boats without motors and build it to suit the customer's needs.
Now back in your DCB cult box..... errrr... soap box and stop the Eliminator hat'n! ;) :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
09-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Now back in your DCB cult box..... errrr... soap box and stop the Eliminator hat'n! ;) :rollside:
Dave...I am an equal opportunity hater.
What's up with no checkers on that boat? :idea:

Dave C
09-19-2004, 01:06 PM
I believe they were on back order at the time.... otherwise who knows what would have happened...... :sqeyes:

Mrs. Restless22
09-19-2004, 02:34 PM
If there were checkers on her...we couldnt call her "Orca" :p

mbrown2
09-19-2004, 02:50 PM
That is a trick boat...Semper builds some top notch Eliminators.

Three Days Only
09-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Roln20's is absouletly correct, he cleared the radar run at 144, and most likely could have run faster. He was the fastest cat to complete the course and let me tell you there was not that much space. That boat gets up and goes to pull 144 in the area that we had to run.
Jeff/ 3D0
Roln.......How about that 5mph zone!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Jay's Fountain runs hard!!

kidstuf
09-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Roln20's is absouletly correct, he cleared the radar run at 144, and most likely could have run faster. He was the fastest cat to complete the course and let me tell you there was not that much space. That boat gets up and goes to pull 144 in the area that we had to run.
Jeff/ 3D0
jeff...i think i might have seen you at the barefoot bar this weekend... were you there saturday afternoon?

UnionJack
09-20-2004, 07:36 AM
I just like the matching drive and stand-off box

Evo22
09-20-2004, 07:39 AM
I have seen a few boats rigged by semper ..they do some nice work I believe that that 30 is for sale. Hey jeff How was san diego? we were planning on going but got stuck going to off road races in barstow on sat. and then dist.37 races in sun.

kidstuf
09-20-2004, 07:42 AM
I didn't wanna say it but either for fear of lookin like a hater, but you did HH!! ;)
unfinished rigging??... I dunno... seems like if they were gonna do it they would have done it before snapping a photo representing a productt for sale.... how long does it take to put the tie bar on and adjust it? I hope you are right though.
charley, come on now... i thought you were gonna be nice....

Evo22
09-20-2004, 08:00 AM
hey brandie how was san diego?

Charley
09-20-2004, 08:08 AM
for the record I'd question that picture if it was on the back of a DCB too
:devil:

Evo22
09-20-2004, 08:09 AM
yea sure you would have charley you would have already known the answer :D

Dave C
09-20-2004, 08:24 AM
sure you would! (in my best skeptical voice)
and no I'm not buying no bridges from you!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:
for the record I'd question that picture if it was on the back of a DCB too
:devil:
OK maybe you would but it would be with the caveat that Dave did it for more speed or some other positive spin on it. ;)

Charley
09-20-2004, 08:38 AM
OK maybe you would but it would be with the caveat that Dave did it for more speed or some other positive spin on it. ;)
whats a caveat?? sounds like a top shelf item .... where is my step ladder?
:cry:

Evo22
09-20-2004, 08:58 AM
caveat????? :squiggle:

Dave C
09-20-2004, 09:31 AM
how do you afford such a big expensive boat with such "short" vocabulary? ;) ;) ;)
caveat: "a qualification" for a statement.
sorry, please allow me to rephrase.....
"ok maybe you would question DCB but you would give them the benefit of the doubt that they did it for more speed ...."

Charley
09-20-2004, 09:40 AM
how do you afford such a big expensive boat with such "short" vocabulary? ;) ;) ;)
caveat: "a qualification" for a statement.
sorry, please allow me to rephrase.....
"ok maybe you would question DCB but you would give them the benefit of the doubt that they did it for more speed ...."
whats a benefit?

WetWillie
09-20-2004, 09:45 AM
A feast; a sumptuous entertainment of
eating and drinking; often, a complimentary or ceremonious
:idea: W

Charley
09-20-2004, 09:48 AM
A feast; a sumptuous entertainment of
eating and drinking; often, a complimentary or ceremonious
:idea: W
OHHHH ok...... :)

Dave C
09-20-2004, 09:59 AM
you guys have been drinking too much of your own kool-aid :eek: :) :) :wink:
now go back to counting your zip ties. I need to get back to work as I need to work twice as hard to afford a 29. :wink:

Charley
09-20-2004, 02:14 PM
charley, come on now... i thought you were gonna be nice....
I was... I retracted...well gave them the benefit of the doubt.... you must agree a tie bar is a must!

Havasu Cig
09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Jeff/ 3D0
I heard Jay and another Fountain had a tough time running with my friends Tiger in the rough. :D :cool:

BoatFloating
09-20-2004, 04:26 PM
jeff...i think i might have seen you at the barefoot bar this weekend... were you there saturday afternoon?
Brandie, we saw you at the bar too but Jeff was too shy to say hello. That and we were having a bad hair day and hung over.... :(

Three Days Only
09-20-2004, 09:04 PM
We saw you at the table with your man, I knew I was out at that point so we went to the bar and started drinking again. :D I was considering introducing myself as Charley, but considering the height difference I knew you would know I was full of shit. What happened to the big bad 36 that never made it.
Jeff
Brandie, we saw you at the bar too but Jeff was too shy to say hello. That and we were having a bad hair day and hung over.... :(
Shy, and smart, im happily married remember!!!!
Plus by the pictures, it looked like you wore me out pretty bad the night before. I would of had nothing left.
Jeff

Charley
09-20-2004, 11:23 PM
:D I was considering introducing myself as Charley, but considering the height difference I knew you would know I was full of shit.
Herman.... The only thing dramatically bigger about you is yer wastehttp://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/yikes.gif

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 09:51 AM
We saw you at the table with your man, I knew I was out at that point so we went to the bar and started drinking again. :D I was considering introducing myself as Charley, but considering the height difference I knew you would know I was full of shit. What happened to the big bad 36 that never made it.
Jeff
yeah, you wouldn't have passed for charley... unless you were fully outfitted in DCB gear then i might have thought twice :D ... if i'd known for sure it was you guys we would have invited you over... the 36 didn't make it because we haven't gotten the second motor from GT :confused: ... we'd like to be able to use that thing some this season, but you know it goes...

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 09:55 AM
i did notice the hair :D j/k... you guys don't have to be shy, i'd only give you a hard time for a little while, then everything would be cool :D...

BoatFloating
09-21-2004, 10:02 AM
yeah, you wouldn't have passed for charley... unless you were fully outfitted in DCB gear then i might have thought twice :D ...
Oh yeah you know Charley then.... Don't forget his DCB pom poms... :)

Charley
09-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Oh yeah you know Charley then.... Don't forget his DCB pom poms... :)
Rocky..... Rocky... whos the real cheerleader??
ok please note....Jeff and Rocky in bed together..Rocky's NAKED the night before
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2679Jeff_and_Rocky_cuddling-med.jpg
please note: at some point it moves into the closet and the positions change..... Jeffs behind Naked Rocky .....
Please note: the highly satisfied smile on Rocky's face the morning after.... jeff maybe you do have something on me Dogg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2679Jeff_and_Rocky_sleeping_in_the_closet-med.jpg

BoatFloating
09-21-2004, 10:25 AM
ok please note....Jeff and Rocky in bed together..Rocky's NAKED the night before
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2679Jeff_and_Rocky_cuddling-med.jpg
please note: at some point it moves into the closet and the positions change..... Jeffs behind Naked Rocky .....
Please note: the highly satisfied smile on Rocky's face the morning after.... jeff maybe you do have something on me Dogg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2679Jeff_and_Rocky_sleeping_in_the_closet-med.jpg
Ya he's got something on you....ME! :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
09-21-2004, 10:29 AM
...we haven't gotten the second motor from GT :confused: ...
Maybe he was having trouble painting the checkers on the block? :confused:

BoatFloating
09-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks HH take the heat off me and 3DO.
Charley, I found your new website. I think Stage tech has changed a little. And your worried about me and Jeff....
Stage Tech (http://www.mandonna.com/)

Havasu Hangin'
09-21-2004, 10:45 AM
No problem.
Just because you guys chose to come out of the closet (literally) and expose your alternative lifestyle (amongst other things)...
...doesn't mean we can't still be friends (online, of course).

Charley
09-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Charley, I found your new website. I think Stage tech has changed a little. And your worried about me and Jeff....
Stage Tech (http://www.mandonna.com/)
Gees Rocky.... If those sweet Boys need some lighting, I'll light em.... ;)
No problem.
Just because you guys chose to come out of the closet (literally) and expose your alternative lifestyle (amongst other things)...
...doesn't mean we can't still be friends (online, of course).
Very Nice!

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 11:04 AM
ha ha ha checkers on the block.... i must be the only one that thinks that the checker joke is played out?? :confused: :)

Havasu Hangin'
09-21-2004, 11:10 AM
.... i must be the only one that thinks that the checker joke is played out?? :confused:
You're right...my bad.
You guys have taken a big leap (into the 90's) with your designs, lately.

unleashed
09-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Man that photo is just wrong. Just because you guys spent your wad on your boats doesnt mean you have to get a room together to save money. Cheap bastards! That is just gross. Judging by the look on Rockys face it looks like it was worth it. Oh well to each there own! :sqeyes:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Man that photo is just wrong. Just because you guys spent your wad on your boats doesnt mean you have to get a room together to save money. Cheap bastards! That is just gross. Judging by the look on Rockys face it looks like it was worth it. Oh well to each there own! :sqeyes:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
deano... i could have sworn i saw you this weekend also... were you at the sand sport show on friday night?

unleashed
09-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey Brandi, As a matter of fact I was there with my daughter and a couple of freinds(You'll be proud to know they own an eliminator). You should have said hi.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Dave C
09-21-2004, 12:33 PM
you're not the only one... :hammerhea :sleeping:
ha ha ha checkers on the block.... i must be the only one that thinks that the checker joke is played out?? :confused: :)

TOBTEK
09-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Hey Brandi, As a matter of fact I was there with my daughter and a couple of freinds(You'll be proud to know they own an eliminator). You should have said hi.
Deano
ALSO saw you and the misses on Sunday ( noticed the misses first ofcourse :rollside: ) you were busy with some friends, or I would have stopped....and you didnt have any beer on ya! :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
09-21-2004, 12:48 PM
My bad, Brandi.
I thought you could take a joke...
...after all, you sold Dave C a boat! :hammerhea

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Deano
thats right, i noticed you because someone pointed out that the people that you were with are customers of ours. 28 daytona right? would have said hi but we were in a hurry to get down to san diego that night. :)

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 02:13 PM
My bad, Brandi.
I know, I can take a joke, I just don't know you... there definitly was a time when our customers really really really liked checkers... if anybody's sick of them it's me. :shift:

Havasu Hangin'
09-21-2004, 03:12 PM
I know, I can take a joke, I just don't know you...
Well, if history repeats itself, my cell phone will be ringing any minute...

Dave C
09-21-2004, 03:16 PM
lets hear it for Havasu Hangin ladies and gentlemen......... :hammer2:
BTW I didn't buy my checkers boat from Brandi directly cuz I think I would have remembered that. :jawdrop: :supp: :D
My bad, Brandi.

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Well, if history repeats itself, my cell phone will be ringing any minute...
ok... who's calling? :confused:

Havasu Hangin'
09-21-2004, 03:29 PM
ok... who's calling? :confused:
It's usually a boat builder who doesn't appreciate my online personality...
...I'm just trying to figure out who it will be this week.

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 03:35 PM
hmmm... i don't get it... are you saying it's someone from here?

25Elmn8r
09-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Kidstuf, Don't Mind HH. He is still trying to figure out how to get the most checker coverage possible on the new tugboat! :D He is a closet checker lover!!!!! :p :p :D :D
Go Checkers or Go Home!!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
09-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Kidstuf, Don't Mind HH. He is still trying to figure out how to get the most checker coverage possible on the new tugboat! :D He is a closet checker lover!!!!! :p :p :D :D
Go Checkers or Go Home!!!!!
I am waaaaaay beyond checkers.
...I'm thinking.....chess!
Brandi...relax. Have a margarita. It's an inside joke. :hammerhea

25Elmn8r
09-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I am waaaaaay beyond checkers.
...I'm thinking.....chess!
Brandi...relax. Have a margarita. It's an inside joke. :hammerhea
I guess chess would be more appropriate on the big snooty east coast rig. :D :shift:
And I'll have a Corona!

kidstuf
09-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Brandi...relax. Have a margarita. It's an inside joke.
oh, ok... inside joke...i'll stay out of it :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
09-21-2004, 04:03 PM
I guess chess would be more appropriate on the big snooty east coast rig.
Since my boat is from Florida, I did have to take the big-ass fan off the back...
I'll have a Corona, also. You buying?

25Elmn8r
09-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Since my boat is from Florida, I did have to take the big-ass fan off the back...
I'll have a Corona, also. You buying?
I'll take the big fan lacking Florida Boat anyday!
And any time you want, I am buying! The number of fans seem to be dwindling, Us Checker fans need to stick together!