PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is that word I can't think of?

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:36 PM
AHHHHHHH!!!!! :mad: :devil: @#$$%^^$#@!@$%^&&*** Grrrrr!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/banghead.gif
Oh sure RC12YC is still in there but not the word I want!! WTF?
I've been Googling and dictionarying and thesaurusing for over an hour and can't find it ... sigh ...
antonym for crescendo I'm certain it ends in "issima" music score adjective. Anybody please help? :( :o :o :o

Mrs. Restless22
09-19-2004, 02:37 PM
WTF??? :220v:
Im sorry I cant help, but your post just made me feel crazy.

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:39 PM
WTF??? :220v:
Im sorry I cant help, but your post just made me feel crazy.
my apologies thanks anyway :(

Debbolas
09-19-2004, 02:39 PM
acme, apex, apogee, climax, Crescendo, crown, culmination, fastigium, head, height, noon, peak, pinnacle, ridge, roof, summit, top, vertex
any of these?

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:40 PM
ask jevs :D
sure how do I word the question? (I can't believe I'm considering cheating on my faithful friend Google. :o )

Debbolas
09-19-2004, 02:41 PM
base, bottom, nadir
or these?

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:41 PM
acme, apex, apogee, climax, Crescendo, crown, culmination, fastigium, head, height, noon, peak, pinnacle, ridge, roof, summit, top, vertex
any of these?
those are synonyms I need opposites thanks for trying Deb. :) I'm so certain it ends in 'issima' too.

Debbolas
09-19-2004, 02:42 PM
my last post had the opposites, sorry :)

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:44 PM
You know any music score directives? allegra, crescendo ... "?something?"issima :D :(

Debbolas
09-19-2004, 02:46 PM
nadir?
let me go ask Scream (he is better than Jevs) :D

Sleek-Jet
09-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Diminuendo
To gradually grow softer.
All those years in band finally paid off. :D

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Will rep bribes work? :D I'll give green rep to whoever tells me the word I'm looking for once every 24 hours for a week .... :D (can't give rep on same post twice so I'll find other posts of yours) :idea:

Debbolas
09-19-2004, 02:48 PM
uh, Scream says:
Decrescendo................... :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-19-2004, 02:50 PM
WHATCA-MA-CALL-IT
Chingdara
thingy-ma-jingy

Sleek-Jet
Pianissimo
Very softly... shown as pp on sheet music.

572Daytona
Fortissomo perhaps?

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Diminuendo
To gradually grow softer.
All those years in band finally paid off. :D
but that doesn't end in issima ... what's the quiet before a crescendo begins called? Means low volume possibly softly quietly etc. but it's a music score directive my brain is convinced that the suffix is "issima"

Sleek-Jet
09-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Pianissimo
Very softly... shown as pp on sheet music.
You mean like this??

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Pianissimo
Very softly... shown as mp on sheet music.
that's almost it!!! :eek: are there other similar meaning directives?

Sleek-Jet
09-19-2004, 02:56 PM
that's almost it!!! :eek: are there other similar meaning directives?
Not that I know of. Could just be a case of mis-pronunciation?? Someone pronouncing an "a" sound instead of an "o" sound??

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 02:56 PM
WHATCA-MA-CALL-IT
Chingdara
thingy-ma-jingy
LMAO! Thanks Kilr ... I was getting a lil too wound up! :D

pgf127rt
09-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Descresendum, a gradual decrease in volume of a musical passage?

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Not that I know of. Could just be a case of mis-pronunciation?? Someone pronouncing an "a" sound instead of an "o" sound??
are you sure? it's not going ding ding ding ding ding in my mind as the word I was thinking of ... it's like gentle issima except it's not that, lol
:D :D thank you so much Sleek-Jet in any case and everyone else too I appreciate all the efforts to help me. :)

572Daytona
09-19-2004, 03:01 PM
I missed the part that you were looking for an antonym to loud, pianissomo would have been my guess as well. Here is some other music terminology, I don't see anything ending in an issima though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_terminology

Tom Brown
09-19-2004, 03:03 PM
AHHHHHHH!!!!! :mad: :devil: @#$$%^^$#@!@$%^&&*** Grrrrr!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/banghead.gif
Oh sure RC12YC is still in there but not the word I want!!
Perhaps you should try a lower heat range. Also, ditch those Champions and go with NGK.

MagicMtnDan
09-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey FM, I'll try to help...
for·tis·si·mo ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôr-ts-m) Music
adv. & adj. Abbr. ff In a very loud manner. Used chiefly as a direction.
n. pl. for·tis·si·mos A note, chord, or passage played fortissimo.

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 03:08 PM
I missed the part that you were looking for an antonym to loud, pianissomo would have been my guess as well. Here is some other music terminology, I don't see anything ending in an issima though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_terminology
Thanks Daytona572. :cool: That is getting bookmarked. I think you and Sleek-Jet must have been correct I just got fixated on that one suffix but I even got that wrong :o . I forgot about the spreading it around business re: rep too. I'll still make sure to hit you both with green 7 times (at least; more if I feel like it. ) :)

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Perhaps you should try a lower heat range. Also, ditch those Champions and go with NGK.
LMFAO!!! :D :D :D I'll keep that in mind, Tom!! :D :D :D LMFAO!
Edit: I've got tears! LMAO still!

Ntwotrance
09-19-2004, 05:08 PM
is the word sex? maybe you got sidetracked, and this is actually the word you were trying to think of???? :rollside:

racecar.hotshoe
09-19-2004, 07:16 PM
I think its a doo-ma -bobber.Or maybe a "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"......http://www.reelclassics.com/Musicals/MaryPoppins/images7/maryp-cover.jpg

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 08:18 PM
is the word sex? maybe you got sidetracked, and this is actually the word you were trying to think of???? :rollside:
:eek: You have ESP don't you? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/youscareme.jpg

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 08:21 PM
I think its a doo-ma -bobber.Or maybe a "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"......http://www.reelclassics.com/Musicals/MaryPoppins/images7/maryp-cover.jpg
No. But thanks for your input just the same. :D I've gotten the right answer somewhere in this thread. :idea:

Rexone
09-19-2004, 09:11 PM
issima :notam:
Only word I can think of the uses this is kissimaass :mix:
But since that word isn't appropriate here I'll return to hibernation now. :)

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 10:06 PM
:p hoser

JustMVG
09-19-2004, 10:23 PM
isn't it kissimaassissimo to end softly

FMluvswater
09-19-2004, 10:26 PM
isn't it kissimaassissimo to end softly
LMFAO! Mikey! Don't encourage him! :D You two better quit it or I'll do something drastic that you won't like ... just what I don't rightly know but I'm very creative! :D

JustMVG
09-19-2004, 10:37 PM
But i thought you "Wubbed" Me!!!??? Wubbedisssima'd me,is that correct???
J/K of course
MVG

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Yes I wub you but you know that makes you a target we always hurt/mistreat the ones we wub! ;) :D (Never on purpose of course ... unless it's deserved! :devil: :D )

JustMVG
09-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Beat me ,bite me make me write bad checks , it's all good, and uh careful with those cuffs and clips..... Ouch!!!! :D :rolleyes:
MVG

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Beat me ,bite me make me write bad checks , it's all good, and uh careful with those cuffs and clips..... Ouch!!!! :D :rolleyes:
MVG
I think I'll leave the brutalities to Song Chain rule enforcement officials. :eek:
FMSCMNB! :D

WaterBox
09-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Maybe it's - Syncopation- [Irregular movement from Bar to Bar.] Yup.*hiccup - stager* stager/ :squiggle: That's wat i got. Syn co pa shon :mix:

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Maybe it's - Syncopation- [Irregular movement from Bar to Bar.] Yup.*hiccup stager* stager/ :squiggle: That's wat i got. Syn co pa shon :mix:
That isn't the word ... but I like it ... gonna keep it in mind for future use. Thanks. :)

JustMVG
09-20-2004, 04:37 PM
I think I'll leave the brutalities to Song Chain rule enforcement officials. :eek:
FMSCMNB! :D
Party Pooper :yuk: See how you are!!!! J/K MVG

beer hunter
09-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Feminine Cadence: A cadence ending on a weak beat? :hammerhea

HP350SC
09-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Maybe some margarita's rinsed some letters from memory? :D

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Party Pooper :yuk: See how you are!!!! J/K MVG
LMAO! :D :D :D Yeah that's me I hate fun. :mad: Hate it when other people have fun too. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon13.gif :hammerhea

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Maybe some margarita's rinsed some letters from memory? :D
I don't drink margarita's but, no way am I gonna blame it on what I do drink! :D ... :idea: I think maybe I just need to up my caffeine consumption to have a more alert mind. Yeah! That's it! More coffee = fewer memory holes! :D

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Feminine Cadence: A cadence ending on a weak beat? :hammerhea
There's another good one to remember for future use. Thanks :)

Misogynist
09-20-2004, 07:38 PM
take your pick.... from softy to loud... the terms for volumn in music are
Double pianissimo ppp or for very soft pppp
pianissimo pp
piano p
mezzo piano mp
mezzo forte mf
forte f
fortissimo ff
double fortissimo fff
These are terms of volumn in markings.
sforzando... is the term for "suddenly loud" The marking on print music is SFZ... which is to go from soft to suddenly loud... Is this what you were looking for?

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 07:42 PM
take your pick.... from softy to loud... the terms for volumn in music are
Double pianissimo
pianissimo
piano
mezzo piano
mezzo forte
forte
fortissimo
double fortissimo
These are terms of volumn in markings.
sforzando... is the term for "suddenly loud" The marking on print music is SFZ... which os to go from soft to suddenly loud... Is this what you were looking for?
That is the info I was looking for if not the word I thought :rolleyes: :o I was so certain of! Thank-you very much! :cool:

Misogynist
09-20-2004, 07:46 PM
I edited the post and put in the sheet music markings... :D

HammerDown
09-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Oh sure RC12YC is still in there but not the word I want!! WTF?
I've been Googling and dictionarying and thesaurusing for over an hour and can't find it ... sigh ...
antonym for crescendo I'm certain it ends in "issima" music score adjective. Anybody please help? :( :o :o :o
Uh...Wet Nap ...maybe? :notam:
Thats what comes after my crescendo. :)

Misogynist
09-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Funny... after my "crescendo" is sploogissimo......... :D

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 07:56 PM
LMAO! :D There's my pal! :D Wet Nap ... :idea: it's the solution to every frustrating situation! :D

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Funny... after my "crescendo" is sploogissimo......... :D
:idea: You made that word up! :confused: ;)
Uh oh, HD! We may find even more like us? :supp:

HammerDown
09-20-2004, 08:12 PM
LMAO! :D There's my pal! :D
You got that right...honey! :)
PS. I had earler... a veeeeery soothing experience with a Lemon scented Wet-Nap Ahhhhhh pure bilssssss :rollside:
Much earler ...my sister-in-laws famous very HOT :devil: wings :squiggle:
(you aint right). :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
09-20-2004, 09:17 PM
You got that right...honey! :)
PS. I had earler... a veeeeery soothing experience with a Lemon scented Wet-Nap Ahhhhhh pure bilssssss :rollside:
Much earler ...my sister-in-laws famous very HOT :devil: wings :squiggle:
(you aint right). :rolleyes:
OUCH! Hot wings eh? Not very ass friendly. :( Thank all that is good and holy for the existence of Wet Naps http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/bow.gif .
"(you aint right)" You keep saying that? :confused: It puzzles me. I'm normal. Normal is me. :)