PDA

View Full Version : Rice Road

phebus
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Came home from Havasu today. Rice Road was closed at Parker. Big time thunderstorm last night, mud on all the roads. I guess there were some wash outs on Rice. Well the Ehrengurg way wasn't too bad. Great trip. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-19-2004, 04:26 PM
well glad to here you didn't get stuck on it.. :smile:

RiverRatMike
09-19-2004, 04:34 PM
it stormed big time here in Havasu last night
http://www.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/r/riverratmike/96.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-19-2004, 04:36 PM
:supp: :supp: :supp: :supp:
you take some awesome pics.. thanks..

racecar.hotshoe
09-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Black meadow got pounded,trees down,flooding,hail,I had three women in bed with me god it was fun listening to them screeming everytime it thundered,But then like the story of my life the rain stoped and off they went.

FRENCHIE
09-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Black meadow got pounded,trees down,flooding,hail,I had three women in bed with me god it was fun listening to them screeming everytime it thundered,But then like the story of my life the rain stoped and off they went.
sounds like you were 'RUNNIN IT HARD...BEAUMONT STYLE!" :p :D :p

summerlove
09-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Came home from Havasu today. Rice Road was closed at Parker. Big time thunderstorm last night, mud on all the roads. I guess there were some wash outs on Rice. Well the Ehrengurg way wasn't too bad. Great trip. :D
hewy phebs....going back next w/e. How was launching at the marina?
BTW, I never go Rice Rd, always Ehrenberg. Way safer....

lewiville
09-19-2004, 06:01 PM
did anyone notice there was not any thunder? pretty wierd.

racecar.hotshoe
09-19-2004, 06:05 PM
sounds like you were 'RUNNIN IT HARD...BEAUMONT STYLE!" :p :D :pThats right,How was route 66

FRENCHIE
09-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Thats right,How was route 66
friday night ...actually pretty mellow...re-routed the cruise route....not by the beer garden this year, so kinda quiet!!

racecar.hotshoe
09-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Hey as long as you had fun Its all good.

phebus
09-19-2004, 06:20 PM
hewy phebs....going back next w/e. How was launching at the marina?
BTW, I never go Rice Rd, always Ehrenberg. Way safer....
Lauched at the Marina. We passed their new sound regs. They had us back our trailer down in the lane closest to the dock, and they leaned out over the side approx. 15' from the back of the boat to get their readings. I had Mrs. Phebus back the boat in so the exhaust was completely under water (rear end of Yukon was almost floating!). They only were testing boats with thru hull exhausts. They said all but two of the boats they tested had failed (we were the second, and we were launching approx. 11am Fri.), but with the exception of two boats that tested 105db, and 106db they were allowing them to launch but advised them if they were to come back they would not be allowed to launch without mufflers. The two boats that I mentioned that were extremely loud were not permitted to launch. A friend of ours with the same boat and motor was tested after launching at the dock and failed (his exhaust after launching was above the water line). They stated they were going to issue a sticker in the future to the boats that passed.

Mrs. casean
09-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Saw the road closed sign coming down from Needles at Vidal Junction and was wondering what was up... must have gotten hit pretty hard last night w/ the storm.

racecar.hotshoe
09-19-2004, 07:19 PM
It was a crazy night.

TCHB
09-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Rice Road opened aroun 3PM and did not look that bad. There was a little mud and dried dirt but it was ok. In Havasu on the north side of town we had a great sky show for hours!!!!!!!!!!

BoatFloating
09-19-2004, 07:43 PM
sounds like you were 'RUNNIN IT HARD...BEAUMONT STYLE!" :p :D :p
Beaumont Hills..... :)

FRENCHIE
09-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Beaumont Hills..... :)
Brotha that is too funny!!! at my party last night we were talking about that day last weekend at the sandbar ....adnd my black brotha friend brought you up and said ...."hey remember that cool white dude with the stereo ..?? he said Beaumont hills!" and we all started rolling Rocky...he remembered you saying that , that saturday!! funny sh#t bro...thats gonna last!!! :D

BoatFloating
09-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Brotha that is too funny!!! at my party last night we were talking about that day last weekend at the sandbar ....adnd my black brotha friend brought you up and said ...."hey remember that cool white dude with the stereo ..?? he said Beaumont hills!" and we all started rolling Rocky...he remembered you saying that , that saturday!! funny sh#t bro...thats gonna last!!! :D
Hey tell your Black friend I'm Brown and Proud!!!! :wink: That was funny your guys had me rolling too....

Up 4 River
09-20-2004, 08:00 AM
The rain and wind were pretty intense Saturday night at Parker. Some of the strogest wind I've seen threre in a long time. Sunday morning the river was basically brown from all the runoff into the water. Then I look up river and see a pontoon bpat floating down river with nobody on board. I jumped in the water and swam over to it and saw it still had the anchor connected to the front, but must have broken loose. There was also a rope still tied to the back that had busted loose. The key was in it so I tried to start it and the boat wouldn't start. I flagged down an Aftershock and the guy was nice enought to pull me and the boat over to the shore where I reanchored it. When I left the boat was still sitting there and nobody had come bye to look fot it. Whe we pulled out of town we saw Rice Road was closed so I thought we would go through Blythe. I got over half way there and the Indian police had closed the road and were not letting people throught and said it would be an hour to drain the road. So I turned around and headed north and crossed over at Agnus Wilson troad and then hit California 95 to the 10. It was a little frustrating, but I got home safe and that's what matters.