PDA

View Full Version : phuggit

kevnmcd
09-19-2004, 07:19 PM
It was nice meeting you yesterday at the ramp. When we pulled up next to you at the washdown area...I was telling the wifey that she picked a great place to park...next to another Eliminator! :D I was going to say something but got involved in wiping down the boat....first time the whole family pitched in to help me. I was blown away! :jawdrop: Anyway, thanks for coming over and saying something. Hope to see you again sometime.

phuggit
09-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Right back at ya. It's amazing how many peeps you meet at Windsor. Good thing we all got off the lake when we did. That was a wicked storm.
We'll be out there next week also. Let me know if you are going to make it out. Did you take a look at this months HB. Isn't that your boat in the lower right corner of the regatta pics?
I saw another board member (casean) driving home on Sunday. I threw him the shocker as we went by. I wish I could have gotten a pic of the shocked look on his face. :2purples:

kevnmcd
09-19-2004, 07:53 PM
If that was my boat in the regatta pic then someone took it out without permission. :) I wasn't at the regatta this year, going to try next year though. :mix: It must have dumped some serious water.....shut down Rice Road, had to go down the 95 through Quartzite. :frown: Have a good time next week, I think we are done for this year. :squiggle:

Mrs. casean
09-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey Phuggit! That was a friend of ours driving the boat home so we could tow the enclosed trailer! That is funny! No wonder he had a great look on his face! Too bad we didn't get to see you out there this weekend. We were hoping to find you all. Well next time you see throw the shocker at us... hopefully it will be us and we will see you! That if funny!

sigepmock
09-20-2004, 06:59 AM
How was your trip Phuggit? Kinda nice when the in-laws aren't around buggin ya huh? :boxingguy
What do you think about the OP6C? We gonna make it up to Mojave or just stay local? A couple of people have said Katherines isn't that bad now that it's after Labor day and all. I think I'd like to try it. Let me know.
Chris

phuggit
09-20-2004, 09:22 AM
casean,
Make sure you tell your friends I wasn't gesturing a hand gun at them. They probably don't know what the shocker is and thought I was gonna do a drive by on them. :jawdrop:
Chris,
We're staying in Havazoo this weekend. Gonna lay low and try to save money. You missed a great storm on Saturday.

casean
09-20-2004, 01:28 PM
casean,
Make sure you tell your friends I wasn't gesturing a hand gun at them. They probably don't know what the shocker is and thought I was gonna do a drive by on them. :jawdrop:
Chris,
We're staying in Havazoo this weekend. Gonna lay low and try to save money. You missed a great storm on Saturday.
No problem. I wouldn't call them good friends or even friends. Maybe acquaintances, nothing more. They were how ever nice enough to tow home our boat.
Wish we could have met up with you guys this last weekend, but the other boat that was suppose to come out didn't make it. So that made for way more people than we could take to the sandbar on Saturday. Some how we made it there with 9 people on Friday http://members.verizon.net/thehasterts/SMILIES/eek2.gif

phuggit
09-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Casean,
I feel for ya man. Having that many peeps in your boat is no fun.
Megan and I were eager to take all of our non-boat friends out to the river when we got our new boat and place in Havazoo. It became a job for us to do so and we spent the majority of our time cleaning and making sure everyone else was having a good time. It took a couple months of this before we made a decision to limit out guests to one couple on a weekend. Only having four peeps in our boat allows us to enjoy the day without our shiznit getting destroyed.
We'll see ya in October!

casean
09-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Casean,
I feel for ya man. Having that many peeps in your boat is no fun.
Megan and I were eager to take all of our non-boat friends out to the river when we got our new boat and place in Havazoo. It became a job for us to do so and we spent the majority of our time cleaning and making sure everyone else was having a good time. It took a couple months of this before we made a decision to limit out guests to one couple on a weekend. Only having four peeps in our boat allows us to enjoy the day without our shiznit getting destroyed.
We'll see ya in October!
I agree completely. We had previously decided to limit the amount of people to 6 total, even though the boat rides and performs allot better with only 4. How ever this weekend we had to make an exception for her brother and his girlfriend/flavor of the week. I told her never again will I take that many people on board. Way to dangerous, and that's why I wouldn't do it again on Saturday.
See you guys in a few weeks.

Mrs.Racer277
09-20-2004, 07:06 PM
I know from where you guys are coming from. That is what happened to us on Dam Run II. We were supposed to have 4 people max.. Got a phone call at 6:45 am that morning that they did not want to take there boat and could they ride with us. 7 people and 5 cooler later. Top speed to the Dam 32 mph. What fun. :yuk: :yuk: Sean was really burned by this and it took me almost 3 weeks to get him back in the boat.
He pulled out the 2 wheels already. Wants to ride again this weekend.

casean
09-21-2004, 06:58 AM
I know from where you guys are coming from. That is what happened to us on Dam Run II. We were supposed to have 4 people max.. Got a phone call at 6:45 am that morning that they did not want to take there boat and could they ride with us. 7 people and 5 cooler later. Top speed to the Dam 32 mph. What fun. :yuk: :yuk: Sean was really burned by this and it took me almost 3 weeks to get him back in the boat.
He pulled out the 2 wheels already. Wants to ride again this weekend.
I'm ready to pull out the bike. It's about that time to start getting things ready for desert season. Hopefully all of us can hook up for a trip or two this season. I heard you might have the hubby convinced to buy a trailer. Let him know that he can contact me if he has any questions about them. We have spent allot of time looking at all of them out there and we're on our second one, so I have can definitely give him my opinion on them.

Racer277
09-21-2004, 07:09 AM
Hubby here,
Oh yeah, at the Stupid Sport sand show she decided on the WW FB2200, a nice trailer, but a 2006 model :confused: It's still 04, isn't it. An aquaintence is selling his 01 same model, but now I wonder how old that thing really is. Of course, she just makes the decision on which she likes, she doesn't really consider where the money comes from. :messedup:
Hung out with Shifty this weekend. He is an Ocotillo regular and also says we have to go, so now we just have to figure out when. You'll like him, great guy (and his girl).
S

casean
09-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Hubby here,
Oh yeah, at the Stupid Sport sand show she decided on the WW FB2200, a nice trailer, but a 2006 model :confused: It's still 04, isn't it. An aquaintence is selling his 01 same model, but now I wonder how old that thing really is. Of course, she just makes the decision on which she likes, she doesn't really consider where the money comes from. :messedup:
Hung out with Shifty this weekend. He is an Ocotillo regular and also says we have to go, so now we just have to figure out when. You'll like him, great guy (and his girl).
S
We ordered our WW back in march of this year and it's a 2005 model. I don't doubt the fact that they already have or will have the 06 models out. If your on a budget carson trailers are great for the price. That was the first trailer we bought. The only problem we had with it over the course of 3 years was the converter going out. Other than that it held up really good. We used it allot. The carson just doesn't have the refinements that WW has. You have to into consideration what you are going to mainly use the trailer for. I can honestly say we don't spend that much time in the trailers out at the desert. Only when the weather gets really bad.
All I have to say is stay away from Santec trailers. My brother-in-law custom ordered one 3 years ago from them. He spent allot on this trailer, but didn't get allot for his money. All that trailer has done is fall apart in the last 3 years. Just this last weekend his counter top caught fire in the kitchen and one of his vents blew off during Saturday night, and it wasn't even in the up position. I can go on and on about all of the stuff that has gone wrong with it, but I won't. He called them yesterday about all the problems he is having and they told him to piss off pretty much. Great customer service.

Racer277
09-21-2004, 07:30 AM
He called them yesterday about all the problems he is having and they told him to piss off pretty much. Great customer service.
Nice, and from what I've seen they advertise that they are more expensive than the rest.
Now that she's seen the ww, I know she won't settle for a Carson, she's just not built that way. I explained that we BOUGHT A BOAT this year, we can wait one more year for a trailer, all she heard was blah, blah, blah.
Sheesh.

Mrs.Racer277
09-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Hey CA-Sean thanks for the information. I looked at the other trailers they are OK. But I love this WW. I have to have it. ;) We will get a ton of use out of it. With Sean's races and then our weekend rides plus now with the boating stuff thrown into the mix. I think it is something we will use all year round.
i just need to work on Sean a litlle. :hammer2: Wish me luck.

Mrs.Racer277
09-21-2004, 07:33 AM
Nice, and from what I've seen they advertise that they are more expensive than the rest.
Now that she's seen the ww, I know she won't settle for a Carson, she's just not built that way. I explained that we BOUGHT A BOAT this year, we can wait one more year for a trailer, all she heard was blah, blah, blah.
Sheesh.
Blah Blah Blah. That is exactly what I heard. :2purples: When can I put my order in?
I though I was being resonable. I am only asking for a little one. :wink:

casean
09-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Sheesh.
Yeah Santec's claim to fame is how the trailer is framed. Of course what good is a strong frame if everything on top of it falls apart. It's really bad. I feel bad for him because he will never get his money out of it. He was talking about getting a WW last weekend. About time he came around.
I'd rather settle for a Carson or something else then have nothing at all. Of course buying a trailer is an investment, so I would suggest finding something that will fit your needs and budget. A great spot to read about trailers is the forums over on www.glamisdunes.com (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php)

Mrs. casean
09-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Sheesh.
I think I would have heard that too! lol... After having the carson, which I loved considering going from a tent to a trailer and the apartment/school/money situation we were in, it was an awsome trailer. However we ran out of room and were ready to step up to the castle of the trialers... we love it. We cook full thanksgiving dinners in them, bake cakes for b-days, and killer breakfasts in them... and sleep like babies after a long day of riding/drinking or day in the sun on the water. So you guys will love it and get lots of use out of it from the sounds of it... Dia fills me in on your often rides and trips and hopefully you guys can join in on some trips w/ us! Good luck!

Mrs.Racer277
09-21-2004, 08:33 AM
I think I would have heard that too! lol... After having the carson, which I loved considering going from a tent to a trailer and the apartment/school/money situation we were in, it was an awsome trailer. However we ran out of room and were ready to step up to the castle of the trialers... we love it. We cook full thanksgiving dinners in them, bake cakes for b-days, and killer breakfasts in them... and sleep like babies after a long day of riding/drinking or day in the sun on the water. So you guys will love it and get lots of use out of it from the sounds of it... Dia fills me in on your often rides and trips and hopefully you guys can join in on some trips w/ us! Good luck!
He got the boat, I get the trailer. Sounds fair to me. :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Mrs. casean
09-21-2004, 08:59 AM
sounds like a plan to me :D