PDA

View Full Version : "We made a mistake"...

HighRoller
09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
CBS and Dan Rather are making a weak attempt at an apology now that they've been found out and their source has gone public. But, what's up with saying it was a "mistake"? A mistake is when you drop your ice cream cone on the ground. Running this story took a conscious decision whether the documents stood up to a journalistic standard. Dan Rather said"if I knew then what I know now..." Well, dumbass, if you had asked anyone other than your pet collie whether the documents looked real, you would have known! Life's a bitch when your zeal to destroy a presidential candidate short circuits your journalistic integrity. Not that Dan had any integrity to begin with.

JustMVG
09-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Dan (Ooopps My Bad) Rather, sorry Danny boy that don't cut it, resign, retire , better yet just go the F away!!!!! When will you learn Dan, when WILL you LEARN!!!! MVG

v-drive
09-20-2004, 03:32 PM
CBS and Dan Rather are making a weak attempt at an apology now that they've been found out and their source has gone public. But, what's up with saying it was a "mistake"? A mistake is when you drop your ice cream cone on the ground. Running this story took a conscious decision whether the documents stood up to a journalistic standard. Dan Rather said"if I knew then what I know now..." Well, dumbass, if you had asked anyone other than your pet collie whether the documents looked real, you would have known! Life's a bitch when your zeal to destroy a presidential candidate short circuits your journalistic integrity. Not that Dan had any integrity to begin with.
Sorry Dan, it's just to little to late. v-drive

HighRoller
09-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Kinda like closing the barn door after the horse got out! I haven't heard him answer the key question yet. Does Dan believe the documents are real? And when will he apologize to GW Bush for slandering him?

Dave C
09-20-2004, 05:10 PM
one word..... AGENDA..... :notam:

Blown 472
09-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Kinda like closing the barn door after the horse got out! I haven't heard him answer the key question yet. Does Dan believe the documents are real? And when will he apologize to GW Bush for slandering him?
I am sure he will right after gw goes to visit the families of the 1000 plus dead to offer his condoneseces :220v:

v-drive
09-20-2004, 05:54 PM
I am sure he will right after gw goes to visit the families of the 1000 plus dead to offer his condoneseces :220v:
It's called war you moron, people die and that's the way it is.
:mad: v-drive

Blown 472
09-20-2004, 07:04 PM
It's called war you moron, people die and that's the way it is.
:mad: v-drive
And just what are they getting killed for?

dwci97
09-21-2004, 03:18 AM
Blown
They are dying for our freedom you moron! Get your head out of the sand and wake up. Ever heard of the war on terror?

Jeanyus
09-21-2004, 04:08 AM
Your question should be, what are the soldiers fighting for? If you take a look at an American soldier you will notice they have 2 things which you may not understand.
1 they have a spine or backbone, 2 they have a set of testicles, unless they are female.
They are fighting for what they believe in, they are fighting people who declared war on the US.
Do a search type in the numbers 9-11, if you don't believe that war was declared.
They have set up permanent military bases in Iraq,If you take a look on one side of Iraq, you will notice a country called Iran. Iran is a long time enemy of the US. Iran is currently trying to develope nuclear weapons, for Iran to have such weapons is a bad thing for the world.
If you look on the other side of Iraq you will find Syria, another terrorist enemy of the US that supports the destruction of America. Now these 2 problems are within easy striking distance. And of course the threat of Sadam, the terrorist dictator, with the 3rd largest army in the world, in no longer a threat.
Do you have a better way to fight terrorists ? If so lets hear it. Or maybe you are just an America basher, Bush hater, that has nothing good to say, and your mouth constantly spews a solid stream of sewage.
As they say America love it or leave it, funny how no one ever leaves. And everyone is trying to get in.

HighRoller
09-21-2004, 04:16 AM
Well said. I think Blown just likes to stir shyt up because he has no factual pretense for his arguments. If it were up to him, we'd sit on our asses and wait for another 9-11 to occur. But at least when they kill another 3000 of our innocents we wouldn't have lost 1000 soldiers killing countless numbers of terrorists. Yeah, that makes sense. Sounds like another coward who chooses to bash Bush as an excuse to get out of putting himself in harm's way to defend the freedoms he enjoys everyday..... :yuk:

MagicMtnDan
09-21-2004, 05:24 AM
OK Blown, your work in this thread is a bit better than that other awful thread you started (you posted a link to those far left-wing wackos).
I'm giving you a 2 on this one simply because of the brevity of your shit-stirring efforts in this thread (you posted two successful one sentence shit-stirs):
http://www.cafedirect.co.uk/campaigners/images/big.cup.jpg http://www.cafedirect.co.uk/campaigners/images/big.cup.jpg

eliminatedsprinter
09-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Here is a textbook example of a non sequitur from out in left field. :rolleyes:

OGShocker
09-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Your right to spew your bile in here!

Schiada76
09-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Now Now Now, we need to be nice to blown. He obviously has a mental dysfunction. First we need to post links to 911, the Cole, Khobar Towers, Somalia the embassy bombings, all the downed airliners with innocent people aboard, the Iran hostages and all the way back to the Olympics where the Israeli's were murdered. It should take him quite a while to read and absorb all of this.
Then we can explain to him that if these crazy fcking towel heads get a nuke or bio weapons or chem weapons they are coming here to use them.
Then we need to explain to him thqat all Americans aren't liberal pussies waiting to die because they hate themselves.
BTW blown, don't forget they just tortured CHILDREN for two days before murdering dozens of them. Do you think thay are going to stop because liberal filth in this country want to hug them?
I think blown's real problem is that he is a "student". Is that true blown? :hammerhea

Squirtin Thunder
09-21-2004, 11:09 AM
I like Bush, I like young Barbra Bush, and her sister too. That is a good reason to re-elect George W. I bet they would look good in a thong.
Is that really his name John who?????Hinze. Saw him last night on David and he is a POS. Isn't it treason to bash the President in public????? On pubic TV??? Cement shoe Jeanyus can you make a pair ????
Jim

v-drive
09-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Who in your family has ever served in the military. Talk with them and get a clue about what it is like to be a patriot. . Do you really do this to stir up shit or are you just ignorant to how life is. :confused: v-drive

Blown 472
09-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Blown
They are dying for our freedom you moron! Get your head out of the sand and wake up. Ever heard of the war on terror?
Was that before or after gw said that he is not worried about bin ladin???

Blown 472
09-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Well said. I think Blown just likes to stir shyt up because he has no factual pretense for his arguments. If it were up to him, we'd sit on our asses and wait for another 9-11 to occur. But at least when they kill another 3000 of our innocents we wouldn't have lost 1000 soldiers killing countless numbers of terrorists. Yeah, that makes sense. Sounds like another coward who chooses to bash Bush as an excuse to get out of putting himself in harm's way to defend the freedoms he enjoys everyday..... :yuk:
Please splain to me how a war in iraq is going to secure my freedom, how come we are not hunting down bin ladin? oh thats right there was this whole oil money dealio, you should really open you eyes, why was cheany working with the taliban prior to 9/11 and please splain to me why no bombs on the country that has a direct ****ing link to the terrorists that killed 3000 people, talk about spewing shit, you sound like a ****ing cnn rerun.

Blown 472
09-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Now Now Now, we need to be nice to blown. He obviously has a mental dysfunction. First we need to post links to 911, the Cole, Khobar Towers, Somalia the embassy bombings, all the downed airliners with innocent people aboard, the Iran hostages and all the way back to the Olympics where the Israeli's were murdered. It should take him quite a while to read and absorb all of this.
Then we can explain to him that if these crazy fcking towel heads get a nuke or bio weapons or chem weapons they are coming here to use them.
Then we need to explain to him thqat all Americans aren't liberal pussies waiting to die because they hate themselves.
BTW blown, don't forget they just tortured CHILDREN for two days before murdering dozens of them. Do you think thay are going to stop because liberal filth in this country want to hug them?
I think blown's real problem is that he is a "student". Is that true blown? :hammerhea
A student in the fact I dont take anything at face value and read as much as I can and able to make up my own mind on issues and dont let the tv tell me what to think? then yup thats me.

Jeanyus
09-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey blown maybe this will help you understand. Some men raise their sons, not to be wussys. The teach them to stand up and fight bullies. They beleive that all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is, that good men do nothing.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7221redneck_anti-terroristtraining.jpg
Redneck anti terrorist training.

MagicMtnDan
09-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Was that before or after gw said that he is not worried about bin ladin???
Blown, why do I reply to you when I know better?! You're a master baiter, that's all :supp:
GWB said he's not worried about bin Laden in order to take the world's attention away from him and to keep everyone from focusing on his capture. Hunting one scum bag in this big world of ours is no easy task (did you find Jimmy Hoffa yet Blown?).
Of course the military is looking for the guy - gimme a break. But is our President gonna focus everyone's attention on him and let everyone ask "why haven't you caught the one guy yet?"
Take your meds Blown. We need you semi-sane :messedup:

Jet City
09-22-2004, 01:05 AM
Blown, why do I reply to you when I know better?! You're a master baiter, that's all :supp:
GWB said he's not worried about bin Laden in order to take the world's attention away from him and to keep everyone from focusing on his capture. Hunting one scum bag in this big world of ours is no easy task (did you find Jimmy Hoffa yet Blown?).
Of course the military is looking for the guy - gimme a break. But is our President gonna focus everyone's attention on him and let everyone ask "why haven't you caught the one guy yet?"
Take your meds Blown. We need you semi-sane :messedup:
Magic- timee to get your ass wipped!!!, bring it-
Oh shit, did I spell something wrong... How 'bout I just woop your ass for sport!
JCR

Jet City
09-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Magic- timee to get your ass wipped!!!, bring it-
Oh shit, did I spell something wrong... How 'bout I just woop your ass for sport!
JCR
Oh ****, it always comes down to a spelling "B". Well, I tell you what, if Dan lives around here were gonna play..

MagicMtnDan
09-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Oh ****, it always comes down to a spelling "B". Well, I tell you what, if Dan lives around here were gonna play..
Say what?

Dave C
09-22-2004, 07:31 AM
I am beginning to agree with MMD. Blown doesn't actually believe this bile?..... I hope not.
OK Blown, your work in this thread is a bit better than that other awful thread you started (you posted a link to those far left-wing wackos).
I'm giving you a 2 on this one simply because of the brevity of your shit-stirring efforts in this thread (you posted two successful one sentence shit-stirs):
http://www.cafedirect.co.uk/campaigners/images/big.cup.jpg http://www.cafedirect.co.uk/campaigners/images/big.cup.jpg

eliminatedsprinter
09-22-2004, 12:01 PM
I am beginning to agree with MMD. Blown doesn't actually believe this bile?..... I hope not.
It depends. If he actually looks like the pic in his avitar, then he might. But if the pic is a gag, then the corresponding views may be as well.

Schiada76
09-22-2004, 12:17 PM
A student in the fact I dont take anything at face value and read as much as I can and able to make up my own mind on issues and dont let the tv tell me what to think? then yup thats me.
No a "student" as in muslim. I don't believe everthing the media tells me either, I do however believe my SEAL friends when they tell me about Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia etc.
They are gung ho Bush supporters, that alone is good enough for me. :burningm:

Dave C
09-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Ever talk to a veteran who just go back from the combat zone?
They tell a whole different tale of Iraq than the media. How the people over there love us and they are happy that we freed them and got rid of Saddam and how they look forward to their new found freedom.
Of course your going to have a few malcontents in Iraq. Afterall we have a few malcontents here. (although I won't mention any names... cough, cough, Blown)
Who do you believe... a veteran or the media?......
well my money is on the veteran! :smile:
Also notice how the media burys the stories on page 201 of the Iraq's who voice their opposition to the foreign terrorists in their midst. :yuk:

Froggystyle
09-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Please splain to me how a war in iraq is going to secure my freedom, how come we are not hunting down bin ladin? oh thats right there was this whole oil money dealio, you should really open you eyes, why was cheany working with the taliban prior to 9/11 and please splain to me why no bombs on the country that has a direct ****ing link to the terrorists that killed 3000 people, talk about spewing shit, you sound like a ****ing cnn rerun.
Ummm.... I know five guys that are employed full time in Afghanistan right now, for their second tour that are doing just that.
On that note, they are five guys I wouldn't want searching for me...

ROZ
09-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Why because his political opinion differs from yours?
What's your address Mr. Badass? I'd like to send you a plane ticket so you and Dan can play at the local playground. Better yet, I'll schedule a ring at a boxing gym in Seatle so you and he can bout it out. What do ya say? Since Don King like Bush so much, maybe we can get him to ref.....
We'll have RiverDave stream it live so we can all wach it on RRL.....

ROZ
09-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Ummm.... I know five guys that are employed full time in Afghanistan right now, for their second tour that are doing just that.
On that note, they are five guys I wouldn't want searching for me...
Don't you know that if we build a wall around our country and concentrate on building our own utilitarian society, nobody will ever bother us again? ;)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-24-2004, 12:13 AM
we all make mistakes LMAO

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-24-2004, 12:14 AM
He Just Made It In Front Of The Country

HighRoller
09-24-2004, 02:39 AM
The point of my thread was that Dan didn't make a "mistake". What he did took a conscious effort to ignore his journalistic instincts and standards because of his desire to burn Bush. Then, when it hit the fan, he stood up again and said the story was true. Looking at the evidence he built this story upon, he should be fired and sued for libel. He'll produce a news show based on dubious sources to attack Bush, yet the Swift Boat Vets have a book comprised of signed statements from almost 250 honorably discharged men speaking out about Kerry, and Dan Rather can't seem to even grant ONE of them an interview! Can you say BIAS???
www.ratherbiased.com

eliminatedsprinter
09-24-2004, 08:03 AM
The point of my thread was that Dan didn't make a "mistake". What he did took a conscious effort to ignore his journalistic instincts and standards because of his desire to burn Bush. Then, when it hit the fan, he stood up again and said the story was true. Looking at the evidence he built this story upon, he should be fired and sued for libel. He'll produce a news show based on dubious sources to attack Bush, yet the Swift Boat Vets have a book comprised of signed statements from almost 250 honorably discharged men speaking out about Kerry, and Dan Rather can't seem to even grant ONE of them an interview! Can you say BIAS???
www.ratherbiased.com
You are correct as usual.
His mistake was in how fast and easy he got caught. I think he hoped they would hold up a little longer and die a slow contraversial death, that left some doubt in peoples minds....