PDA

View Full Version : Female Input Needed

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
09-20-2004, 07:24 PM
HERE GOES. When my wife and i were married there was this cpl that lived right behind us in Torrance he and i became good friends and hung out quite alot now the son to be ex didn't really hang out that much we went on sa boating trip with them and little things here and there but mostly he and I.
After about 2 years they moved to Murrieta and we lost contact.Well a fewyears later we ran into them but never hung out.Nowmy g/f and I stopped by there about amonth ago hung out my 2 kids and there kids had agood time.Well we planned a river trip but we could not make it,Next thing I know my ex and her new boyfriend are going over there and hanging out because my kids mentioned they went over there and now she is becoming all chummy with them and now my g/f feels weird about hanging out with them,Damn what to do they are a way cool cpl and we had a good time when we visited what todo what to do..Is her feeling justified ladies and if not how should i handle it..
sorry so long winded any help would be appreciated

Mandelon
09-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Too bad, the ex got the friends.......maybe make some new ones. :cool: How old are the kids?

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
09-20-2004, 07:31 PM
My kids are 13b and 7g my friend and I have talked about it a little bit says he cant and wont choose says he cares for us both and he and his wife like my g/f. question is would you ladies feel weird they want us to come over hang out and do river/lake trips..

Phat Matt
09-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Too bad, the ex got the friends.......maybe make some new ones. :cool: How old are the kids?
I think he said "Female input needed"! :confused: :D Is there something you are not telling us Mandelon? :2purples:

Kilrtoy
09-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Life is too short to worry about stupid shit like that, if you guys have fun , then go and have fun, Its all in her mind.....

Performance 19
09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Life is too short to worry about stupid shit like that, if you guys have fun , then go and have fun, Its all in her mind.....
I agree 100%...this is the Mrs. responding...check your pm's JeffnMichelle. Jill

JustDawn
09-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Kilrtoy is exactly right! If you all have fun together then what's the big deal. It appears that your Girlfriend is a bit insecure and that's about her, not you or the other couple. Go and have a good time! And if the girlfriend can't handle it take your kids and go without her.

Mandelon
09-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Send the kids and stay home with the girlfriend. :mix:

JustDawn
09-20-2004, 08:44 PM
:mix: Send the kids and stay home with the girlfriend. :mix: That works..............until the next thing to be insecure about surfaces. :yuk:

Mandelon
09-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Damn, I didn't think that far ahead. :cry:
If: If g/f does not feel secure, Then: Try to make g/f feel more secure.....talk to them see if they will help. Or: Avoid situation.
I guess that's why you wanted a woman to help..... :squiggle: :notam: :coffeycup :rolleyes:

topless
09-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Well I went out with someone last year and our kids (his from someone else and mine) still communicate. He actually has taken my daughter to Mead because his daughter and mine are friends. Although he and I are no longer an item, it is childesh to make the children suffer. I think it's great to be friends and still talk if you can get over the differences that drove you apart.
I personally don't hold grudges so I guess I don't understand the ill feelings. If you ever had enough feeling for someone enough to have a relationship, why hold grudges because of hurt? Move on and realize it wasn't meant to be and cherish what you had or learned or the time you spent. It is useless to dwell on the bad.
Sorry to ramble on but I have no ill feelings for anyone except one person who keeps quiting his job to avoid child support.
Thank you for letting me ramble.
:p

JustDawn
09-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Damn, I didn't think that far ahead. :cry:
If: If g/f does not feel secure, Then: Try to make g/f feel more secure.....talk to them see if they will help. Or: Avoid situation.
I guess that's why you wanted a woman to help..... :squiggle: :notam: :coffeycup :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: The poor guy could spend a lot of time making g/f feel more secure when in reality it's her issue to deal with. And OMG, do you really think that the other couple wants to deal with her either? I think your other alternative is the best..............avoid the situation altogether. Let the ex take the kids so that they can have a good time w/o having to worry if daddy's new g/f is having a good time or not. :messedup:

ratso
09-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Well I went out with someone last year and our kids (his from someone else and mine) still communicate. He actually has taken my daughter to Mead because his daughter and mine are friends. Although he and I are no longer an item, it is childesh to make the children suffer. I think it's great to be friends and still talk if you can get over the differences that drove you apart.
I personally don't hold grudges so I guess I don't understand the ill feelings. If you ever had enough feeling for someone enough to have a relationship, why hold grudges because of hurt? Move on and realize it wasn't meant to be and cherish what you had or learned or the time you spent. It is useless to dwell on the bad.
Sorry to ramble on but I have no ill feelings for anyone except one person who keeps quiting his job to avoid child support.
Thank you for letting me ramble.
:p
I still can't get over us... :D

topless
09-20-2004, 09:11 PM
I still can't get over us... :D
I'm gunna stalk you now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandelon
09-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Back to the trailer with you, woman. Git me some eggs. :hammer2:

ratso
09-20-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm gunna stalk you now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You women are all the same... :D

PlyaPlya22
09-20-2004, 09:30 PM
I have been down this road and all I can say is friends are forever. Sounds harsh but it is so true. Good Luck!

CrazyHippy
09-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Bro's before Hoes...
BJH

MagicMtnDan
09-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Decide who is more important to you and spend time with her/them. Why put your g/f in a situation that's uncomfortable for her? And why would you want to hang out with your ex AND your g/f? If you want to keep these people as friends just go over there when the ex isn't.

ratso
09-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Bro's before Hoes...
BJH
Just don't tell the Bro you did his Hoe...

ratso
09-20-2004, 10:09 PM
BTW...I am friends with most of my exes and communicate with them on a regular basis...of course there are always exceptions, but if you are with someone that can't handle it...kick em to the curb.

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
09-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Sorry for the confusion but i think maybe some of you giving the sound advice which i do aqppreciate are misunderstanding we would not be hanging out all together it wouldbe my kids,g/f and i hanging out with them the ex would not be there.I cant stand the sight of her but only for one reason and that is because my 13 year old son wants to live with me full time and she will not just let it happen i have to drag her ass back to court to make it a court order.I only work 14 days a month and i have both my kids on all my days off but he wants to be with me fulltime that is the only reason i cant stand her....

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
09-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Hey performance 19 thanx for the sound advice but besides that how did you get my work e-mail addy damn ami confused...

Performance 19
09-20-2004, 10:36 PM
You must have used that address when you registered... i just clicked on your name, then "send a pm"..doesn't give me the address I send it to. Check your user cp to see how you have your e mail set up...Jill

ratso
09-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Sorry for the confusion but i think maybe some of you giving the sound advice which i do aqppreciate are misunderstanding we would not be hanging out all together it wouldbe my kids,g/f and i hanging out with them the ex would not be there.I cant stand the sight of her but only for one reason and that is because my 13 year old son wants to live with me full time and she will not just let it happen i have to drag her ass back to court to make it a court order.I only work 14 days a month and i have both my kids on all my days off but he wants to be with me fulltime that is the only reason i cant stand her....
She feels weird and your ex WON'T EVEN BE AROUND???
Now I really don't get it...

Performance 19
09-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Ratso...I think she feels weird as the ex is trying to make it look like some sort of competition for the friends. I think she feels like she is being 'compared'. So long as the kids don't hear any bs it's all okay.

ratso
09-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I just don't draw lines and expect people to have to "choose" who their friends are going to be...It just seems a bit immature to me.

Performance 19
09-20-2004, 11:05 PM
I agree, but some people don't seem to grow up...I think the ex is drawing the lines and Jeff is just wondering what's up. You are 100% right

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
09-20-2004, 11:33 PM
So what the hell i guess me and the kids will go and if the g/f doesn't want to its her lost cause they are good peeps..

JEFF-N-MICHELLE
09-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Hell i went to Norco Senior High.class of damn that was along time ago.lived in the bluffs off of Corydon Think it was Chestnut Drive..And still have family there.You or the huby go to Norco???

JustDawn
09-21-2004, 04:57 AM
So what the hell i guess me and the kids will go and if the g/f doesn't want to its her lost cause they are good peeps..
:idea: EXACTLY, Your kids and their feelings are the most important,especially if there are custody issues. There will always be other places and people to visit with the g/f that you both enjoy and are both comfortable doing. Good Luck with all of this! :smile:

91nordic29
09-21-2004, 06:45 AM
:mix: :mix: That works..............until the next thing to be insecure about surfaces. :yuk:
exactly. if you and the ex and these folks all get along, enjoy it. not too many ex - spouses can do it but it sure makes it nice for the kids. i say the g/f is a little immature/insecure.. get a new one.j/k :chi:

91nordic29
09-21-2004, 06:49 AM
oops. i didnt read the whole thread before i replied. guess you dont get along. still same advice, though. :redface:

Scream
09-21-2004, 06:50 AM
I think he said "Female input needed"! :confused: :D Is there something you are not telling us Mandelon? :2purples:
LMAO

Kilrtoy
09-21-2004, 06:56 AM
Mandy is in touch with his female side

Mandelon
09-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Yes, often...... :D

PlyaPlya22
09-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Yes, often...... :D
i would hope so, if not someone is :D :lightsabe

MsDrmr
09-21-2004, 09:19 AM
This is what I think as I am in this situation myself. If the ex hangs with them, and you all have a good time with them. Make a commitment to the g/f that you will hang out with them but that no details of your "intimate" relationship will be shared with this couple. And make sure that you don't allow them to share the stuff about the ex's personal stuff with you. That should make her feel a bit better. :messedup: