PDA

View Full Version : looking for some barrel seats

Nucking futs
09-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Anyony have any?I am looking for the ones like in phill goulds eliminator flat if you know who he is...
Thanks in advance..........Tim

76BARRON
09-21-2004, 10:07 AM
I think TOM PAPP racing in corona/norco? sells them new.
last time I checked I think it was $60.00 for bare shell.
then about $125.00+ to upholster.
I dont have his number but someone in here will.
good luck

dmontzsta
09-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Tim, Are you converting to the V-Drive side? :D

Nucking futs
09-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Well No, not really,but all my freinds have them.Im putting my tunnel together and just need some seats and tanks..... :D
But i can tell you this, my next cruiser will be a v-drive......
Tim

coolchange
09-21-2004, 04:34 PM
$200- 2 colors. Stripes?, depends.

bigkatboat
09-21-2004, 09:18 PM
I have a mold for fiberglass seats. It it 1 1/2" wider and 1 1/2" longer (front to rear) than the old style one's you have seen. I built it bigger so PEOPLE could sit IN them and not ON them. $100 each or $190 a pair, or I'll "rent out the mold" with deposit. I have people who can cover them, or you can do what you like.

Jet City
09-21-2004, 09:29 PM
I have a mold for fiberglass seats. It it 1 1/2" wider and 1 1/2" longer (front to rear) than the old style one's you have seen. I built it bigger so PEOPLE could sit IN them and not ON them. $100 each or $190 a pair, or I'll "rent out the mold" with deposit. I have people who can cover them, or you can do what you like.
Hmmm, that sounds up my alley, I was wondering if these seats came in adult sizes! Do you also offer upholstery?

TRG
09-21-2004, 10:31 PM
canyon boats offer's two sizes also the standard 18" and i think the LARGE one is likei wanna say 21" anyway its heuge!
they have pics on the website www.canyonboats.com

Jet City
09-21-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks Todd, I was hoping the barrell seats were available in larger sizes, the ones in the boat are cool for the Mrs., but I would like some larger ones.
Scott

73kona455
09-22-2004, 12:07 AM
try over at www.screamandfly.com ask for forkin' crazy.. he is building some from fiberglass that have snap in covers.. really nice looking seat at a nice price.. he has sold a couple sets to scream and fly members and they are really happy with them.. he has standard width and a bigger boy model.. i emailed him this thread so maybe he will reply here

Jet City
09-22-2004, 12:20 AM
try over at www.screamandfly.com ask for forkin' crazy.. he is building some from fiberglass that have snap in covers.. really nice looking seat at a nice price.. he has sold a couple sets to scream and fly members and they are really happy with them.. he has standard width and a bigger boy model.. i emailed him this thread so maybe he will reply here
Maybe I've got the wrong Idea, but I can't buy anything from scream and cry. I'm a REX man.

73kona455
09-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Maybe I've got the wrong Idea, but I can't buy anything from scream and cry. I'm a REX man.
he just post there he also post on www.havasubarney.com too.. he is in no way connected to scream and cry other than he post there some... he also frequents www.byuboyz.com

superdave013
09-22-2004, 04:07 AM
forkin' crazy is a good egg man. for a weedwacker guy, hehe :D

bigkatboat
09-26-2004, 08:51 PM
I have the mold to make some nice seats, but you stepped in and F%$#ED up the whole deal. I was going to sell them at cost, but my stuff is quality, so go buy cheap shit. My shells are 1 1/2" wider, 1 1/2" longer (front to rear) than the traditional bucket seat. They will fit in Hondo's (all of the same size flats) between the V-drive and the gunnel. I make these larger buckets because the original one's were too small for US BIG GUYS! They come in white, unless you order an other color. I have local people that can cover them, give me a color/ design and I will get you a price. :hammerhea

superdave013
09-27-2004, 05:03 AM
BigKat, Todd just gave out another option is all. That's no way a backstab.
BTW, the seats in Phil's eliminator are more like the seats that you see in the roundy round boats. Not the drag boat style seats that you and Canyon make.

coolchange
09-27-2004, 07:50 AM
If you're lookin for the circle style I've got that too. But I assumed they were goin in a SW Tunnel Dragster. That needs a fairly small seat.

HavasuDreamin'
09-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Does anyone make a fiberglas rear bench similar in design to the barrel buckets?
I need one for the 19' Daytona (as well as the buckets up front).
Anyone?

coolchange
09-27-2004, 09:19 AM
Toddnjuz was workin on one. Dont know if he finished it. The widths are so varied that a one size fits all doesn't really work like a front seat. I just build a rear seat for each app.

HavasuDreamin'
09-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Toddnjuz was workin on one. Dont know if he finished it. The widths are so varied that a one size fits all doesn't really work like a front seat. I just build a rear seat for each app.
Is your rear seat glas? Similar barrel style design?

coolchange
09-27-2004, 12:47 PM
I make the rears out of wood then glass them. Just like a front bucket with 18"+- in the middle.

TRG
09-27-2004, 11:23 PM
BIG KAT do we have a problem here? or did i just read your horses ass of a comment completely back assward?
give me an idea of what your talking about,
i guess i walked right past the sign that stated that this forum was only for the advertisment of BIGKATBOAT seats!lol
oh yes, i forgot, i do have a couple of bench seats left for the rear bench of the daytona, as well as two fronst, pm me if interested!

TRG
09-27-2004, 11:26 PM
thanks dave!
can i get over to your house this week or weekend sometime, i'd like to get her wet on sun?
thanks todd"backstabber" griggs

HavasuDreamin'
09-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Sent you a PM Todd.
Thanks.