PDA

View Full Version : Jag, 300, Lexgs430, Feedback Please!!!!!

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Well for some reason, instead of waiting as planned until next year for the wifeys new car...we went ot Riverside auto center, alvarez, etc and began the test driving and looking process!! :cry:
We have narrowed it down to the Jaguar s' type, X typr, Chrystler 300 c with the hemi5.7, and the Lexus GS 430!!
Very impressed with the Jag, we test drove both last night...very solid feel, on both x and s type..Looking at the Chrystler tonight then maybee lex next week....
any feedback, input, insight etc greatly appreciated!!! thanx! :D ;)

Mandelon
09-21-2004, 10:58 AM
XKR Convertible..........damn sexy car. Perfect for your wife. :D

OGShocker
09-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Lexus! We have owned four, LS 400's & 430's. The fit and finish on the Lexus is awesome. My .02

PHX ATC
09-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Not bashing Jaguar or Ford, but the Jaguar is nothing but a Ford Taurus with Jag body molding on it. IMHO. I know there's more to it than that, but you get what you get.
I like Ford, I like Jag, try to resist flaming me, but I don't think you're getting much bang for your buck in a Jag. That's all.
All this from a guy who has 2 trucks. Go figure. :D
We've had them all, Mercedes, Acura, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, Jeep. Old classics and new bling bling mobiles.
Get what you like, er, what she likes and run with it. Don't look back.

Charley
09-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Jag has great lines, but Id venture to say you will spend a lil more on maintenance

Todd969
09-21-2004, 11:04 AM
PM me if you choose Alvarez. I can get you hooked up there.

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 11:07 AM
XKR Convertible..........damn sexy car. Perfect for your wife. :D
I will always have a truck for work and the boat!! so we gotta get her a care sporty, but with 4 doors for fam and friends if we go out!!! :D

EmpirE231
09-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Can't go wrong w/ lexus customer service and quality. PM me for a hookup @ lexus of riverside. My girlfriend works in the internet sales dept. (fleet prices). I've drivin the GS300 and liked that alot, so I'm guessing the 430 would be alot more fun. :rolleyes:

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Jag has great lines, but Id venture to say you will spend a lil more on maintenance
they now have all maint incl when ya purchase..like BMW etc...obviously not new brakes and that sort of stuff!!! ;)

Mandelon
Not bashing Jaguar or Ford, but the Jaguar is nothing but a Ford Taurus with Jag body molding on it. IMHO. I know there's more to it than that, but you get what you get. .
But way more reliable than they used to be....I wouldn't harken back to the Jag days of old except for styling anyway. I would venture to say its a wee more sophisticated than a Taurus, but essentially you are right.
I wonder about resale value with an S type....? May not be that great.
I still wouldn't complain about getting an XKR though...... :D

FRENCHIE
PM me if you choose Alvarez. I can get you hooked up there.
10-4 todd will keep you in my budy list, will be in the next few weeks b4 we dicide...got to do all the homework first!! :D ;)

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Can't go wrong w/ lexus customer service and quality. PM me for a hookup @ lexus of riverside. My girlfriend works in the internet sales dept. (fleet prices). I've drivin the GS300 and liked that alot, so I'm guessing the 430 would be alot more fun. :rolleyes:
will check them out next week, as off to river this weekend!! thanx ill keep in mind! :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
They all sound good to me. I have a 300Z and my truck. The 300Z pretty much is for Sunday rides with the T-Tops off. Yes, I said t-tops. One of these days I will buy me a luxury car but I really only want to ride in the truck.
I always loved the Jags though. Whatever the wife likes/feels comfortable in would be the route to go Frenchie.

Ivan Dan
09-21-2004, 11:22 AM
I had a GS400 and it was an awesome car. Drove it for almost 4 years and never had one single problem. Lexus is coming out with a brand new GS430 body style I think 2005 so make sure if you buy the Lexus its not the old body style. I saw a 300C the other day on 19's or 20's and it looked KILLER but it is still a Chrystler. My buddy has owned a few S-type Jags and he loves them but IMO he had them into the dealer WAY too many times for a brand new car. His new one he just got about 4 months ago has already been in the shop.
If this was my choice....I would go Lexus but I haven't seen the new bodystyle GS yet either though.

gramps
09-21-2004, 11:24 AM
if I ever buy another car (it's all trucks now) it'll be the new vette.......... :D

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 11:35 AM
I had a GS400 and it was an awesome car. Drove it for almost 4 years and never had one single problem. Lexus is coming out with a brand new GS430 body style I think 2005 so make sure if you buy the Lexus its not the old body style. I saw a 300C the other day on 19's or 20's and it looked KILLER but it is still a Chrystler. My buddy has owned a few S-type Jags and he loves them but IMO he had them into the dealer WAY too many times for a brand new car. His new one he just got about 4 months ago has already been in the shop.
If this was my choice....I would go Lexus but I haven't seen the new bodystyle GS yet either though.
we also like the 300...look, saw one in Ontario mills last wek with 21's on it looked sick!!! but need to see in person, drive and get the safety specs, etc!! thanx. :D ;)

simple
09-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Have you thought about Acuras. The 3.2 TL has as much leg room in the back seat as all the cars you mentioned. It has better performance, costs less, gets 20 MPG in city & 28 highway. It is very reliable & rides quietly.
The RL is larger & quieter but is slower.
I own a 3.2 TL & like the engineering prowess of Honda.
Note: I don't own an Aftershock.
My 2 cents.

Ivan Dan
09-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Have you thought about Acuras. The 3.2 TL has as much leg room in the back seat as all the cars you mentioned. It has better performance, costs less, gets 20 MPG in city & 28 highway. It is very reliable & rides quietly.
The RL is larger & quieter but is slower.
I own a 3.2 TL & like the engineering prowess of Honda.
Note: I don't own an Aftershock.
My 2 cents.
I test drove the new TL before I bought my Infiniti G35 and there is no way it has as much leg room or luxury as the GS430. The TL and G35 for that matter are definitely smaller cars than the 300C or the GS430.

dicudmore
09-21-2004, 12:18 PM
I would lean towards the Lex :idea:
EDIT: go with whichever Nikki likes better :D

rivercrazy
09-21-2004, 12:21 PM
I'd take a Lexis over a Ford anyday of the week! :D:D:D

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 12:27 PM
I would lean towards the Lex :idea:
EDIT: go with whichever Nikki likes better :D
so far she almost C#ME!! when we tested that jag...she dont seem to crazy on the 300..but im dying to see the LEx reaction...
OH ...AND SHE WANTS THE 'RUBBER" MAN TO DROP SOME SICK 20 INCH TOYO'S ON THE JAG IF THAT'S THE ONE!! :rolleyes: ;) Thank God i get wheels also!! :squiggle:

572Daytona
09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
My wife has a 99 Jag XJ8 and we haven't had any reliability problems. We looked at the newer ones and couldn't get over the Tauros/Tempo like lines (or the 50K + price tag) so we passed. One big problem with the jags, that you won't have with the Lexus (don't know about the chrysler) is depreciation. Jags are tough to dump used, we just dropped the collision insurance on ours because of the low book value.

MagicMtnDan
09-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Toyota and Honda make the best cars period, end of discussion. And Toyota's best cars, dealerships and service are...LEXUS.
The other cars may appeal to you but if you're comparing them there is no comparison. Lexus offers the best cars, dealership and service bar none.
However, don't buy the GS now you may regret it. They've got a new body style coming out - I think it's this January - and it will make the current GS's look well, old.
Jag = Ford
Chrysler is better now that Daimler owns them BUT I'd wait and buy the second model year they produce. I think they're still on the first year and it's never a good idea to buy a vehicle during the first model year.
Good luck Leon!

OGShocker
09-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Does Jag' still use Lucas Electronics?

burtandnancy
09-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Nancys 430 is fabulous. She lets me ride (not drive) in it. I wish I has a GS430 to park along side it...

EmpirE231
09-21-2004, 01:24 PM
lexus is supposed to be putting out an IS430....that=FAST!! + it's a 4-door, though it is a smaller car. I've seen the newer gs and it'll take some getting used to, but I think it looks good.

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 01:35 PM
lexus is supposed to be putting out an IS430....that=FAST!! + it's a 4-door, though it is a smaller car. I've seen the newer gs and it'll take some getting used to, but I think it looks good.
I will also try to look for the new style Gs...im curious!!! :wink:

mbrown2
09-21-2004, 01:36 PM
I would not go the Jag route, just heard of too many folks having too many issues...The Lexus is probably best from a service and customer service stand point...But if it were me, I would probably go the 300C with deuce/deuce's and the Hemi for the bling factor...

RiverOtter
09-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Get the new Caddi STS. 450 Rear Wheel Drive HP. Bad car!!

goneboatin
09-21-2004, 02:47 PM
The wifey has an '01 GS 430 and loves it. It's quiet, smooth and hauls ass. I'd hold out for the new body style unless you can get one of the current ones at a steal. Make sure you go with the navigation system. I didn't originally want it, I thought that I could buy a sh*t load of Thomas Guides for $1800. Lemme tell you, the navi rocks. We were in Vegas and wanted to go to PF Chang''s for dinner. We punched in PF Chang's and.... did you know there are 5 in Vegas? It gives you the phone number and tells you how to get there. I was impressed. We've go 60,000 on the car and no probs whatsoever.
Lexus GS 430 - 2 thumbs up!

goneboatin
09-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Get the new Caddi STS. 450 Rear Wheel Drive HP. Bad car!!
The new Caddy is also $65 grand. The new ones will definitly be marked up.

EmpirE231
09-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Here's an Idea of the new GS...slap some wheels on it and consider it done
http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/as/autoshow2004/photos/l_4Lexus_GS_rear.jpg
http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/as/autoshow2004/photos/l_4Lexus_GS_3qtr.jpg

SoCalOffshore
09-21-2004, 03:20 PM
or the Caddy CTS V 400 HP at $50,000. I owned a Jag XJR which is super charged and it just hauled ass. Nicest car I owned, the wife loved it and we never had a problem. They are not a Ford. Lexus are one of the best cars made, but IMHO just boring. The new corvette is pretty hot, but just have fun and get what she wants.

mbrown2
09-21-2004, 03:20 PM
http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/as/autoshow2004/photos/l_4Lexus_GS_rear.jpg
http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/as/autoshow2004/photos/l_4Lexus_GS_3qtr.jpg
That looks like a Solara...my .02

SHOTKALLIN
09-21-2004, 03:46 PM
WHICH CAR IS MADE HERE IN THE U.S.A.?
thats the one i would get. I like the 300 with the hemi.
You cant knock Chrysler.......they are owned by Diamler (sp) I believe thats the parent company of Mercedes as well as Lamborghini. Can anyone confirm this?

Slib77
09-21-2004, 04:37 PM
You are correct.
The new 300 shares some of the Benz' technology. Especially in the suspension.
The new GS is also going to be available with AWD.
I heard the re-sale values on new Jags are pretty low.

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 05:04 PM
to me looks a bit like the new maxima!!!! :confused: ;)

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 05:53 PM
WHICH CAR IS MADE HERE IN THE U.S.A.?
thats the one i would get. I like the 300 with the hemi.
You cant knock Chrysler.......they are owned by Diamler (sp) I believe thats the parent company of Mercedes as well as Lamborghini. Can anyone confirm this?
now thats patriotic!! :wink:

BajaMike
09-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Of those mentioned, I think the Lexus is way above the others (including Infinity and Acura). Once she drives it she will love it.
Jag resale is bad and it is a "Ford" now...not to bash Ford (they make good trucks)but not the same as a Lexus.
I am partial to, and think you should really drive the BMW 5 series, if it is in the price range. The new BMWs include all scheduled maint. ....everything including brakes, oil changes, belts....everything....and it is a great car (be sure to drive one with the sports package).
Having a contact at the dealer or talking to someone in the fleet department will always save time and money!
Good luck!
:D

BoatPI
09-21-2004, 06:23 PM
The 300C is the best luxury/high end car deal on the market, bar none. Not a 430, or a JAg, different. But if you want on, call Al CHanteretto at Gonzales Auto Group, Vhersler in South Gate. He will order a 300C Hemi for a few hundred over invoice. They are very tough to get and severly allocated. Most dealers are getting window or m ore for them. PM me if you like.

Boozer
09-21-2004, 06:44 PM
I say go for the Lexus. I have never known an unhappy Lexus owner. Jag's on the other hand I wouldn't buy if they cost less then a new Hyundai. I have known several jag owners and they all said the same thing. If you plan to drive a jag as your daily car you better own 2 because odds are one is going to be in shop. Regardless of that they still loved their jags so much they kept them regardless of the problems. However, the jags arent used as day to day drivers.

THATJEFFGUY
09-21-2004, 07:00 PM
I got the wifey a GS 430 in 2003...she/we love it. I've never had one problem with it, it's a comfy ride and hauls ass too ! I see they are changing the body style in '05, so I guess I gotta upgrade now ! My pick would definitely be the Lexy !

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 07:02 PM
I got the wifey a GS 430 in 2003...she/we love it. I've never had one problem with it, it's a comfy ride and hauls ass too ! I see they are changing the body style in '05, so I guess I gotta upgrade now ! My pick would definitely be the Lexy !
it seems to be the peoples favourite so far!! :idea: :D

C-2
09-21-2004, 07:10 PM
I say go for the Lexus. I have never known an unhappy Lexus owner. Jag's on the other hand I wouldn't buy if they cost less then a new Hyundai. I have known several jag owners and they all said the same thing. If you plan to drive a jag as your daily car you better own 2 because odds are one is going to be in shop. Regardless of that they still loved their jags so much they kept them regardless of the problems. However, the jags arent used as day to day drivers.
Good point, I too have never heard of an unhappy Lexus owner.
Get a nice used E55 AMG - 475hp. Bad ass.

summerlove
09-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Mercedes Benz E 320 or 500. Period.

burtandnancy
09-21-2004, 07:35 PM
One of these car survey company's gave me a BMW M5 and a CTS-V to thrash around in. Two really super cars, fairly well matched in accelleration and braking, but the CTS -V only comes with the Corvette six speed. What a blast. Both outstanding. M-5 $72,000, CTS -V $50,000. You decide.
My wifes LS 430 right in between, but much classier. She looks good in it. I think I would look good in a Caddy XLR roadster...

C-2
09-21-2004, 07:45 PM
One of these car survey company's gave me a BMW M5 and a CTS-V to thrash around in. Two really super cars, fairly well matched in accelleration and braking, but the CTS -V only comes with the Corvette six speed. What a blast. Both outstanding. M-5 $72,000, CTS -V $50,000. You decide.
My wifes LS 430 right in between, but much classier. She looks good in it. I think I would look good in a Caddy XLR roadster...
See there you damn hell raiser. Racing around the marina, no wonder they kicked you out!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

FRENCHIE
09-21-2004, 07:45 PM
oh....i see!!!! well thanx for letting me decide!!! :confused: :idea:

Dawn Patrol
09-21-2004, 07:52 PM
My Wife has a Lexus. That has been the Best car we have ever owned. No problems, rattles or leaks. Just a great car to drive.
Good Luck.
Down side,The Lexus can't tow our Boat or Quads.... :rollside:

WILD LAVEY
09-21-2004, 09:13 PM
i like the 300c alot. had a chance to drive this puppy for a couple of days. wife loves it.
http://www.dubedition.com/images/DUB-EditionWebsiteLayout_02.gif
http://www.dubedition.com/images/DUB-EditionWebsiteLayout_03.gif

unleashed
09-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Well Frenchie, all of the above cars are great. I've been shopping around for the wife and decided on this. Bought it today for my wifes birthday. Drove the S500, E55, Lexus, Acura. They were all nice but for tiny people. The room in this car is amazing as well as the techno stuff(It will take a while to learn the ropes with this car but thats what my wife loves). Anyhow goodluck with your shopping. By the way if you look at bmw's Ziggy is a good guy to go to. He gave me some good info. I would have bought from him but he was to far and my wife didnt want to drive that far to buy! By the way the 300c above looks awesome.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/249bm1.JPG :devil:

MagicMtnDan
09-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Lamborghini is not owned by Daimler Chrysler, it's owned by Audi.
Do not under any circumstances buy a used German car unless it has tons of warranty mileage/time on it and make sure it's FACTORY warranty.
Ain't nothing like paying to repair a used German car (any of 'em).
The new Lexus GS does not look like a Maxima or a Solara. Wait til you see the car in person.
BMWs and MBs are nice and are drivers cars (more performance oriented than the Lexus) but they aren't as well made, reliable, high quality, long-lasting as the Toyota/Lexus.
And there's nothing like a Lexus dealership for making you feel like "that's the way all dealerships should be."
As for the IS430 it is coming and it will go like heck. But it won't perform like an M3 (or the coming M4) but it also won't cost as much either. By the way, BMW is/has changed their nomenclature (car model numbers). Odd numbers are 4 door cars (1-series, 3-series, 5-series, 7-series) and the even numbers are two door cars (2-series, 4-series [will be the two door 3 series version], 6-series which is out already, and the upcoming 8-series).
The best car and best value is the Lexus - any Lexus.

Kilrtoy
09-21-2004, 09:55 PM
DAMN DEANO
That is off the hook

unleashed
09-21-2004, 10:02 PM
You know kilr, I looked all week at all the cars out there and IMO this car had everything, class, style, technology, performance, oh and did I mention ROOM. Like I said they are all good cars and like everything else will depreciate when you drive it off the lot. Just get what you like and are most comfortable with. Oh and Kilr are you getting that boat or what??? Dont worry I wont say anything. Oh yeah frenchie, If you are looking for a nice car with alot of features thats not ridiculously priced that Acura TL seemed like a great deal.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

RiverKitty
09-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Jag!!!

Kilrtoy
09-21-2004, 10:52 PM
The wife wants the boat and one of those , but in Black,
She thinks I have a money tree in the back and frontyard.....

Jet City
09-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Lamborghini is not owned by Daimler Chrysler, it's owned by Audi.
Do not under any circumstances buy a used German car unless it has tons of warranty mileage/time on it and make sure it's FACTORY warranty.
Ain't nothing like paying to repair a used German car (any of 'em).
The new Lexus GS does not look like a Maxima or a Solara. Wait til you see the car in person.
BMWs and MBs are nice and are drivers cars (more performance oriented than the Lexus) but they aren't as well made, reliable, high quality, long-lasting as the Toyota/Lexus.
And there's nothing like a Lexus dealership for making you feel like "that's the way all dealerships should be."
As for the IS430 it is coming and it will go like heck. But it won't perform like an M3 (or the coming M4) but it also won't cost as much either. By the way, BMW is/has changed their nomenclature (car model numbers). Odd numbers are 4 door cars (1-series, 3-series, 5-series, 7-series) and the even numbers are two door cars (2-series, 4-series [will be the two door 3 series version], 6-series which is out already, and the upcoming 8-series).
The best car and best value is the Lexus - any Lexus.
Lexus??? nice japper crapper junk, buy AMERICAN JOE!

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 04:51 AM
i like the 300c alot. had a chance to drive this puppy for a couple of days. wife loves it.
http://www.dubedition.com/images/DUB-EditionWebsiteLayout_02.gif
http://www.dubedition.com/images/DUB-EditionWebsiteLayout_03.gif
now that looks sick!!!! :eek: :wink:

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 04:54 AM
You know kilr, I looked all week at all the cars out there and IMO this car had everything, class, style, technology, performance, oh and did I mention ROOM. Like I said they are all good cars and like everything else will depreciate when you drive it off the lot. Just get what you like and are most comfortable with. Oh and Kilr are you getting that boat or what??? Dont worry I wont say anything. Oh yeah frenchie, If you are looking for a nice car with alot of features thats not ridiculously priced that Acura TL seemed like a great deal.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
Thanx Deanno...i like the 7 series B'mer also...but with a kid in a year or two...the $$$ wont be there!!! Gotta test the LEx soon here...but that 300 is off the hook!!! :D

PHX ATC
09-22-2004, 06:08 AM
That 300 picture is bad arse. Cool. :mix:

Excessive Force
09-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Lexus' are awesome, had a couple. Great customer service. Everyones got one. 300c like someone said its just a chrysler, not that great lookin in my opinion. Everyones got one. Now the Jag is something you dont see often at all. I should have gotten a Jag instead of a bimmer! :cry:

Essex502
09-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Of the three that you mentioned - go with the Lexus.

EmpirE231
09-22-2004, 08:47 AM
the chrysler 300 is a very nice looking car, and also pretty inexpensive for what it is...I think it checked out for around $34,000 for the hemi, leather, nav..etc.., But I don't think they would have pumped that car out if it wasn't for MTV cribs and rides...showing all the "ballers" w/ their bently's! becuase I'm pretty sure you all noticed it looks very similar to a bently...right? so you know every "Hoodrich" person is gonna be trying to get one of those w/ some dubs....rent-a-wheel, and no credit/bad credit...NO PROBLEMO!!! I like bmw's, but would never buy one used! buy american doesn't really fly w/ the chrysler..cause it's kinda german owned now.

FRENCHIE
09-22-2004, 09:51 AM
the chrysler 300 is a very nice looking car, and also pretty inexpensive for what it is...I think it checked out for around $34,000 for the hemi, leather, nav..etc.., But I don't think they would have pumped that car out if it wasn't for MTV cribs and rides...showing all the "ballers" w/ their bently's! becuase I'm pretty sure you all noticed it looks very similar to a bently...right? so you know every "Hoodrich" person is gonna be trying to get one of those w/ some dubs....rent-a-wheel, and no credit/bad credit...NO PROBLEMO!!! I like bmw's, but would never buy one used! buy american doesn't really fly w/ the chrysler..cause it's kinda german owned now.
But gotta love Cribs...i seen rapper Lil Caese has a real nice Jag on 20's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sick!!! :p :D