PDA

View Full Version : Trash on the Beaches at the river.......PICK UP AFTER YOUR SELF's

lewiville
09-22-2004, 07:25 AM
I have been going to the river long enough to remember when you would wake up in the morning and here nothing until 10am. When you could go on an all day drunk and be able to weather the hang over the next day. When you could launch out of Katherins Landing at 8am and only wait about 15-20 to launch. And finaly,,,,,,,,, my biggest pet peeve..........There was no trash on the beaches. Today, any beach you got to ( especialy the Indian Reservation Land Beaches ) there is trash every where. Why cant people pick up the GOD DAMN TRASH. Now that we have kids I will usally spend about 30 min picking up other peoples SHIT befor I let the family out of the boat. GOD DAMN IT PICK UP YOUR F'N TRASH.
I think somtimes there sould be serious fines for leaving behind trash. I believe that people leave behind dirty dippers, broken bottles....ETC.

Huckleberry
09-22-2004, 07:51 AM
Amen to that! I haven't been to Mohave for a few years, but that was my biggest peeve about it. SHowing up at 9:00AM on a beach, only to find all of the trash left there from the previous day's users.
I was always taught to leave a place cleaner than you found it. If only everyone felt that way we'd have beautiful, clean lakes all the time.

lewiville
09-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Amen to that! I haven't been to Mohave for a few years, but that was my biggest peeve about it. SHowing up at 9:00AM on a beach, only to find all of the trash left there from the previous day's users.
I was always taught to leave a place cleaner than you found it. If only everyone felt that way we'd have beautiful, clean lakes all the time.
Huck,
I know they we a seasoned boaters will do just that, and pick up more chrap than what we brought in. The good ol days of showen up setten the boat and relaxing is long ago. Sorry didn't mean for this to be a venting thread.

HCS
09-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Iv'e never even been there and it pisses me off. I hate litter bugs. :mad:

NOTALENT
09-22-2004, 08:00 AM
you know what my favorite is...When your cruising in the boat and all of the sudden you see beer cans floating in the water!!! What the F**K are people to lazy to bring trash bags??? They just throw it in the Freakin water!!!! I will always stop and pick it up..but thats bull shit.

johnsonmarine
09-22-2004, 08:01 AM
:frown: I AGREE WE WERE AT MOHAVE IN GASOLINE ALLEY AND
THESE PEOPLE WERE GETTING ALL LOADED.THEN THEY LEFT
BUT THEY LEFT ALL THERE TRASH,SO I MADE THEM TURN THIER
BOAT AROUND AND PICK UP THIER SHIT.

Huckleberry
09-22-2004, 08:04 AM
I remember going to my favorite cove On Mahave several years back. Whne we got out we found there had been someone camping there for what appeared to be several days. They left all of their trash strewn on the beach. It took us an hour to pick up three huge Hefty trash bags full of trash that was left behind by the morons. What made it worse, it appeared the campers were fisherman by some of the trash they left behind. Most fisherman are very enviornmet-friendly as it directly effects they quantityy/quality of fish they catch and eat.

lewiville
09-22-2004, 08:14 AM
I remember going to my favorite cove On Mahave several years back. Whne we got out we found there had been someone camping there for what appeared to be several days. They left all of their trash strewn on the beach. It took us an hour to pick up three huge Hefty trash bags full of trash that was left behind by the morons. What made it worse, it appeared the campers were fisherman by some of the trash they left behind. Most fisherman are very enviornmet-friendly as it directly effects they quantityy/quality of fish they catch and eat.
that is nasty. even at my drunkest moment, I still clean up. Its like wiping your ass....you never forget to do it :hammer2:

Back Forty
09-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Mandatory no littering while on my boat. :hammerhea
I usually have empties and everything else stuff'd everywhere in my boat when I get home. I happily pull the trash can out and unload the day's worth. Last time I was out we pulled up to a small beach area, I let everybody out first so I could do a round on the boat. When I finally hopped out, I was met with lot's of shimmering (broken glass) in the shallows. What BS... :mad: I found a safe route for the girls to get back to the boat and we left. The place was totally unsafe. :jawdrop:
A**holes.

BarryMac
09-22-2004, 09:59 AM
We carry a small roll of Trash Bags so we can throw it away at the Launch Ramp. There are so many inconsiderate pricks in this world, they are the ones that freaking ruin it for everyone else. I hate them...
gjb

Keithb87
09-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Same here.. We always pick up our trash, and the trash of others.. If we are out for more than a day trip, I've even stoped at other camps on a trash run to take theirs to the dumpster also.. Just the way I was brought up. :cool:

lewiville
09-22-2004, 10:13 AM
everyone keeps saying " it is just how I was brought up". That brings up a good point on how everyone else is being brought up. What the hell are parents teaching there kids today? For the most part its how to be Friken lazy, flunk out of school, and get prego.

Keithb87
09-22-2004, 10:16 AM
everyone keeps saying " it is just how I was brought up". That brings up a good point on how everyone else is being brought up. What the hell are parents teaching there kids today? For the most part its how to be Friken lazy, flunk out of school, and get prego.
And let the Government take care of me.... :mad:

lewiville
09-22-2004, 10:18 AM
And let the Government take care of me.... :mad:
Keith,
forgot that one :burningm:
but some how they can buy a boat?

dirtman
09-22-2004, 10:19 AM
My dad always told us that " if you can haul the full ones in....you can haul the emptys out!! "
Nothing worse than handling somebody elses garbage.

NOTALENT
09-22-2004, 10:20 AM
well..yeah that...and alot of teens dont give a damn no more...You start taking away there rights inflicting harsher punishments..and then they think to them selves..."F**K The World"..

Keithb87
09-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Have enough kids, with all the benefits that a single woman can get with part time minimum wage job for 3 or 4 months out of the year.. and the Head of Household Tax credit... Some of these people pull a healty chunk of change.... and they drive Esclade's, BMW's , Mercedes...
Not Fair... But some body has to pay for them.. :burningm:

HighRoller
09-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Hell, Katherine's Landing even has a dispenser with oversized trash bags on it at the launch ramp!! I saw a guy on a PWC get backed into the water by his buddy to launch once while he was drinking a bottle of water. He fired up, swigged his water down, and promptly threw it in the water right in front of me. I was on him like Rosie O Donnell on a buffet! He tried to ignore me, until I pointed out the Sheriff's boat across the way and showed him my cell phone. He sheepishly turned his rig around and almost fell off trying to pick up his trash.
I have always had a habit of stopping on the river to pick up trash. I know most of it is stuff that blew out of boats without someone's knowledge so it doesn't bother me that much. But when I see beaches all littered up, that burns me. It's just a symptom of the mentality people have these days. If you drove by their house and threw a bag of trash on their lawn they'd be pissed. But they think the river is like an amusement park where they can do whatever they want and someone else will clean it up.

Desert Rat
09-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Being a person that will go out of my way to pick up somebody else's crap in the water has worked well for me. I have 3 brand new life jackets (good noeprene ones) because I caught something out of the corner of my eye floating, came off plane and decided to motor over to it to get it of the water. The last jacket I picked up (#4) was a fishermans life jacket full of lures with a few $$ in one of the pockets. Anybody need a green fishermans life vest? I'll never use it. The money is mine :D

lewiville
09-22-2004, 10:37 AM
I will always pick crap up off the river. however now if you try to circle around to go back and pick somthing up, you will get creamed. you have to be very carefull.

Back Forty
09-22-2004, 10:46 AM
everyone keeps saying " it is just how I was brought up". That brings up a good point on how everyone else is being brought up. What the hell are parents teaching there kids today? For the most part its how to be Friken lazy, flunk out of school, and get prego
I didn't say it. I can remember back in the day when the old man would sink his cans or toss em out the window along with his cigarette butts. I remember not thinking much of it when I was a kid. The time came when I started thinking for myself however. :idea: :mix:

dicudmore
09-22-2004, 10:56 AM
ya jerks everywhere now I guess :devil:

Pee Dub
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
If You Can Pack It In - You Can Pack It Out

Big_Gunz_
09-22-2004, 12:27 PM
If You Can Pack It In - You Can Pack It Out
Ditto, pack it in, pack it out... no reason to be lazy, your mom doesn't live at the river so don't expect her to pick up after you anymore....

BoatPI
09-22-2004, 01:51 PM
I have made this observation , look at most people under 30, if they have a soda cup and are entering a car, they set it on the ground and drive off. Just look at parking lots. I stop at a place often, and see this continually , both left from the evening before, and WITH MY OWN EYES. Many younger folks are LAZY, or just have some of that Gen-X attitude, don't care. Like that other Gen-X feeling that some have, it is just a job. They think for the moment, not into their future. Don't get me wrong, about half of my friends are Gen=X.
Am I wrong??

riverdog
09-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Katherines has "Boat it in , Bag it out" bags at the ramp for free. Its a standing rule with my kids that when we break camp we collect 1 more bag of trash than we brought. But the worst is cigarette butts. Put the dang things in a beer or soda can. I hate it when my kids have to play on the beach with butts all over the place.

bohica
09-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Pisses me off when I see all the dam cigarette butts along the shore of the channel. Some people think that's OK, effin morons.

Mullet
09-22-2004, 02:30 PM
I have been going to the river long enough to remember when you would wake up in the morning and here nothing until 10am. When you could go on an all day drunk and be able to weather the hang over the next day. When you could launch out of Katherins Landing at 8am and only wait about 15-20 to launch. And finaly,,,,,,,,, my biggest pet peeve..........There was no trash on the beaches. Today, any beach you got to ( especialy the Indian Reservation Land Beaches ) there is trash every where. Why cant people pick up the GOD DAMN TRASH. Now that we have kids I will usally spend about 30 min picking up other peoples SHIT befor I let the family out of the boat. GOD DAMN IT PICK UP YOUR F'N TRASH.
I think somtimes there sould be serious fines for leaving behind trash. I believe that people leave behind dirty dippers, broken bottles....ETC.
Careful, you are walking the "sierra club" line.

lewiville
09-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Careful, you are walking the "sierra club" line.
Sierra club? just pick up the SHIT man!
maybe its a differant story when you have kids, I guess thats my beef.
On the other hand, who wants to look at that CRAP! :yuk:

jbtrailerjim
09-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Pisses me off when I see all the dam cigarette butts along the shore of the channel. Some people think that's OK, effin morons.
Amen to that!!! I'm tired of phucking smokers throwing there cigarette's out into the water or on the beaches and not thinking anything about it. My 1 1/2 year old kid has a habit of picking them up when were parked in the channel and it really pisses me off. I have had to get in the habit of picking up trash and cigarette butt's off the beach before I let my kid's out of the boat.
Stop throwing trash and cigarette butt's on our beaches you lazy asses!!!

Scream
09-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Well, I don't know where you've been fishin, but the "quality" of the fishermen that go to our local lakes here in So Cal are the types to leave all thier crap on the sand and walk away like it's ok. Probably 'cause they used to do it in thier own country...
We spend a fair amount of time cleaning up after others as well and it's pretty disgusting to have to handle someone elses dirty garbage because they are too lame to get it to a trash can. What's the big deal anyway, trash goes into a tash bag. You pack it in, you pack it out. The area you visit should look better when you leave than when you first get there, IMHO...
Scream <--bleedin heart environmentalist

lewiville
09-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Amen to that!!! I'm tired of phucking smokers throwing there cigarette's out into the water or on the beaches and not thinking anything about it. My 1 1/2 year old kid has a habit of picking them up when were parked in the channel and it really pisses me off. I have had to get in the habit of picking up trash and cigarette butt's off the beach before I let my kid's out of the boat.
Stop throwing trash and cigarette butt's on our beaches you lazy
asses!!!
I second that. thats exactly what I'm talking about.
my kids pick that shit up to. hell my 2.5 yr old boy even picks up snails and eat em.

RiverOtter
09-22-2004, 03:16 PM
Speakin of trash on the beach... Who's gonna pick this up?
Watersound Beach after Ivan
http://www.graytonbeach.com/40920-ivan-026.jpg

lewiville
09-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Speakin of trash on the beach... Who's gonna pick this up?
Watersound Beach after Ivan
http://www.graytonbeach.com/40920-ivan-026.jpg
I dunoe. but one thing i do know i who ever packed it sure as hell better pack it out............did you see those cigerett butts?

CrazyHippy
09-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Scream <--bleedin foot environmentalist
Now that right there is funny...
BJH

TheLurker
09-22-2004, 10:28 PM
They should bring back the old Chief Iron Eyes Cody commercials to make people aware of their actions. Anyone remember those ? I think a lot of people are ignorant to their actions. I also think those ads did make a difference. They made an impact on me when I was a kid so long ago. The kids of today don’t have a clue because a lot of parents are not watching or teaching them. Also in my opinion the immigrants legal or illegal aliens don’t seem to have a clue or care about littering because thats just how they did it where they came from.

Buff
09-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Much of the trash on the beaches is left by locals. I've noticed that the messiest beaches are ones accessable to non-boaters. The beaches near Needles, Topoc, etc. are frequented by fisherman, most of them illegals. Some of are pigs! Also, the beaches right ajacent to Cottonwood always seem to have food trash laying everywhere (We have cleaned up there several times.) - who is messing up that place? Then again, I was the first vehicle in line at a red light in San Bernardino on Highland right in front of whatever high school that is there and the kids were all crossing the street when one wanna be gang-looking kid just tosses his big-gulp carton down on the street. I should have yelled at him but the light changed; of course, he probably would have just flipped me off. I'm sick of it all, soiled diapers, dumped trash, bags of half-eaten hamburgers and french fries, I'm sick of human pigs. sorry for the rant.

lewiville
09-23-2004, 06:01 AM
its sad, where do they think its gonna go? you would think that they would want to come back to that same place and enjoy it again.

MsDrmr
09-23-2004, 06:27 AM
sad to say it, but the river is not the only place people are lazy. anywhere you go anymore you run into this, dirty diapers in the parkinglot, trash at the beach, river, lakes, campgrounds and so on. Even if there is a trashcan within five feet, I guess we expect too much of others to walk over there, pick up the lid, and toss the crap in there. :(

Huckleberry
09-23-2004, 06:37 AM
They should bring back the old Chief Iron Eyes Cody commercials to make people aware of their actions. Anyone remember those ? I think a lot of people are ignorant to their actions. I also think those ads did make a difference. They made an impact on me when I was a kid so long ago. The kids of today don’t have a clue because a lot of parents are not watching or teaching them. Also in my opinion the immigrants legal or illegal aliens don’t seem to have a clue or care about littering because thats just how they did it where they came from.
Those were awesome commercials. They definitely hit home if you have any sort of conscience at all.
I agree on the illegals. They want outta Mexico because it is a shithole. But yet they come here and treat our contry the same way the treated theirs, and expect it to stay beautiful.