MsDrmr
09-22-2004, 01:01 PM
TWO HOUR ROOT CANAL
OUCHIE OUCHIE OUCHIE :cry: :cry:

MRS. MAINEVENT
09-22-2004, 01:03 PM
TWO HOUR ROOT CANAL
Did they give you something for the pain? Sorry to hear about it, I haven't had one yet and man it sounds so painful :hammer2:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Sip some vodka and lemonade thru a straw. You will feel better in no time!
:mix:

MsDrmr
09-22-2004, 01:07 PM
gave me anti inflamatory pills
and a prescription on vicodin (for this eve) right now I am at work

MRS. MAINEVENT
09-22-2004, 01:09 PM
She's got the fix for ya. :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-22-2004, 01:16 PM
I am very sorry to hear that.
I had 4 done at once. :2purples: OUCHY. Thank goodness I will never have to that again.
You need to go home and take your drugs. :sleeping: Hope you feel better.

HOOTER SLED-
09-22-2004, 01:18 PM
TWO HOUR ROOT CANAL
A two hour BJ. That's a long time. What a trooper. :D

MsDrmr
09-22-2004, 01:23 PM
A two hour BJ. That's a long time. What a trooper. :D
Your bad!! :p

MsDrmr
09-22-2004, 01:24 PM
sounds good, I have both at home so I'll have to give it a shot

NastyOne
09-22-2004, 01:46 PM
I guess to wont be suckin on the tube steak any time soon ;)

Keithb87
09-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Hope you feel better soon.
Try this :hammerhea if the pain pills don't work :)

Froggystyle
09-22-2004, 02:12 PM
I feel for you. When I crashed on my bike last month I broke my front tooth and had to get a root canal on it.
I go in tomorrow for the permanent crown. Finally!!! :hammerhea

91nordic29
09-22-2004, 02:19 PM
i have a wisdom tooth that started bothering me last week. went to dentist yesterday and of course he said we should yank it but i am going to vegas tomorrow for the weekend and didnt want to deal with that but now i wish i would have let him pull it yesterday. this vicodin isnt stopping the pain. when i get home i will add some vino. that should help. :hammerhea

prosthogod
09-22-2004, 02:27 PM
As a Dentist I want to thank you all for not bashing us like normal.
But 2 hrs for a root canal is a long time. You should have gone to an endodontist.
My last thought is a question, Can you normally keep your mouth open for 2 hrs? :D

MsDrmr
09-22-2004, 06:14 PM
As a Dentist I want to thank you all for not bashing us like normal.
But 2 hrs for a root canal is a long time. You should have gone to an endodontist.
My last thought is a question, Can you normally keep your mouth open for 2 hrs? :D
I did see an endodontist, unfortunately, I went to a dentist that started it first and I went to him four times at two hours each visit. I finally left there after his last attempt to complete the process not using novicane, or any pain meds. I screamed and pulled my knees to my chest and said to hell with this, and left.
It took me a month to work up enough nerve to make an appt to have it finished. I paid 960. bucks for it but it was worth it. I guess he found an infection in the canals, and also he said that one of the roots was very calcified (sp). So it took him quite some time to do it. But he was wonderful.....

MsDrmr
09-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Thanks, where were you a month ago when I needed to know this ;)

prosthogod
09-23-2004, 08:27 AM
I did see an endodontist, unfortunately, I went to a dentist that started it first and I went to him four times at two hours each visit. I finally left there after his last attempt to complete the process not using novicane, or any pain meds. I screamed and pulled my knees to my chest and said to hell with this, and left.
It took me a month to work up enough nerve to make an appt to have it finished. I paid 960. bucks for it but it was worth it. I guess he found an infection in the canals, and also he said that one of the roots was very calcified (sp). So it took him quite some time to do it. But he was wonderful.....
But you still didn't answer the main question about keeping your mouth open for 2 hrs.

MsDrmr
09-23-2004, 09:29 AM
oh, sorry about that, I can keep my mouth open for any length of time, it's closing it that hurts. :p

topless
09-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Now mrsdrmr is at home with a tooth ache. Apparently the meds are NOT strong enough. She has been through hell with this root canal thing for at least a month. Get well hun. :smile:

prosthogod
09-23-2004, 10:19 AM
oh, sorry about that, I can keep my mouth open for any length of time, it's closing it that hurts. :p
Who does it hurt, YOU or the MR.?

Her454
09-23-2004, 10:21 AM
I feel for ya girl, never had one but dont want one either. :( Hope ya feel better soon.

MsDrmr
09-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Now mrsdrmr is at home with a tooth ache. Apparently the meds are NOT strong enough. She has been through hell with this root canal thing for at least a month. Get well hun. :smile:
thanks topless, I have been given vicodin and another pain med, I have taken them both seperatley and together, the pain somewhat subside, but not enough to not hurt even when I walk. T he vibration alone taking steps is a killer. :2purples:

prosthogod
09-23-2004, 11:13 AM
You may talk to your endodontist about a script for a "medrol dose pack". THis is a steroid pack that will reduce inflamation and pain. Just a sugestion.

Steph
09-23-2004, 11:25 AM
I feel for you. Last Wednesday I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I barely swelled up and the only trouble was the damn anesthesia. Oh and bleeding for 13 hours none stop.
I couldn't eat for 3 days or keep anything down if I tried. I was so weak, having cold sweats. I never want to be knocked out again. I will have to do when I get my nose fixed but it was absolute misery.
After the anesthesia wore off I was fine. Still havent ate any solid foods but thats ok with me. Just can't open my mouth wide or suck..through a straw yet.