PDA

View Full Version : 30 Spectre

Daytona 25
09-23-2004, 07:58 PM
I have been checking out used Spectre's. Originally I was leaning towards outboards but I think I would miss the torque of inboards with a heavy load, not to mention they sound better than the blenders! :D
I was looking at 300 pro-maxes or 500 hp's. Both will run over 100. I am very concerned about a large cat with Bravo's. Thankfully I have never scattered one on my Daytona. Anyone have any experience with either setup?

Bre
09-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Nope..no experience here... but it is a nice looking boat. Good choice :cool:

andy01
09-23-2004, 08:11 PM
I drove a 30 last weekend in Florida with 300 x's. It was one hell of a boat. we rolled over some big shit out in the Golf with no problem running in the 80's. In my book it was the nicest boat i've been in. Very solid boat, built very well. Very fast from 40 - 102. (that was are top speed for the day) the boat setup either way will run around 104-110 and a couple are running faster then that. I think if you run 500's with bravos it wouldn't be much of a problem. Im sure they would break sooner or later though. I won't go I/O again probably until I do a big cat with #6's.
Andy

riverliver
09-23-2004, 08:40 PM
I drove a 30 last weekend in Florida with 300 x's. It was one hell of a boat. we rolled over some big shit out in the Golf with no problem running in the 80's. In my book it was the nicest boat i've been in. Very solid boat, built very well. Very fast from 40 - 102. (that was are top speed for the day) the boat setup either way will run around 104-110 and a couple are running faster then that. I think if you run 500's with bravos it wouldn't be much of a problem. Im sure they would break sooner or later though. I won't go I/O again probably until I do a big cat with #6's.
Andy
I think you where in the gulf not the golf Focker... :hammerhea

WetWillie
09-23-2004, 08:41 PM
You better do better then that big boy!!
Or I am gunna get :hammerhea out!
WW

andy01
09-23-2004, 10:05 PM
I think you where in the gulf not the golf Focker... :hammerhea
Sorry focker! I'll watch that next time. That is kind of funny though..........
Andy

andy01
09-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Or I am gunna be :hammerhea you out!
WW
??

Daytona 25
09-24-2004, 07:28 AM
Andy
Andy,
Did this boat have a tunnel tab? How did it plane with a load? I have heard that the 300's don't get moving real well until about 60-70. I usually have a boat full of people so this is a big concern with the 0/b's.
I agree with going with #6's. Unfortunately they are not in my budget. I do think that a Spectre is light enough that xr's should not be a problem with stock power.
How was the steering effort with the O/B's? The little lady drives my Daytona now without a problem but that is a minor concern.
Thanks for the feedback!

Charley
09-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Or I am gunna be :hammerhea you out!
WW
HAHAHAHA ...... Do I know something about this lil post??

WetWillie
09-24-2004, 07:53 AM
I hope to finally meet you this weekend and thank you for your help!
WW :redface:

Charley
09-24-2004, 07:59 AM
I hope to finally meet you this weekend and thank you for your help!
WW :redface:
NO SHIT!!!!! http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/+1.gif to the family?>

Tom Slick
09-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Spectre 30 is an awesome boat, especially for rough water. I had a 97 with 540c.u., 600hp, Bravo HP's, 1.50 gears, 34p labbed props and it ran around 110-115. No tunnel tab and it planned very easily. I don't know the planning time, but it rolls right over with zero effort. They do porpoise through the mid range (70-80mph) on smooth water. The porpoise can be driven right through with enough power and you can play with the trim to make it almost completely go way. They handle like they're on rails and turn incredibly. Very solid boat. Newer ones should be a little faster, as they are running the X-dimension about 2" higher now. Good luck.
P.S. Never had a drive failure...knock on wood.

Havasu Cig
09-24-2004, 08:37 AM
You should not have a problem at all with 500's and XR's. I have three years on our Gun with the same motor and drive package and have only lost one drive and that was due to the weak top caps. I would put billet top caps on and some showers and you should be fine. The 30 Spectre weighs a lot less than our boat and weight is a drive killer.

TOBTEK
09-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Or I am gunna get :hammerhea out!
WW
ww...how did it go :cool: :2purples:

WetWillie
09-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Picking it up here in 2 hrs and gunna load it up and off to Havasu!
WW :cool:

andy01
09-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Picking it up here in 2 hrs and gunna load it up and off to Havasu!
WW :cool:
WTF???????? Tob is your tire kicking partner, you didn't buy a 26 with out him did you? Or is it a 29? Come on WW fill us in!!! Congrats on the DCB if that is what all of this "hush hush" talk is. "Worlds Best"
Andy

SummerObsession
09-24-2004, 02:32 PM
HAHAHAHA ...... Do I know something about this lil post??
Do I see a "stress crack" comment coming? :messedup: :D :D

Charley
09-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Do I see a "stress crack" comment coming? :messedup: :D :D
NOPE... wait
YOU WILL SEE