PDA

View Full Version : Boat sinking story

Some Kind Of Monster
09-24-2004, 05:55 PM
I found this about a Tige being pulled by a house boat. You might want to read this if you do any towing!
http://www.riverlakes.com/antelope_narrows.htm#It%20was%20mid%20July,%202004

Mrs. casean
09-24-2004, 05:57 PM
I saw that boat and had to ask what happened when we picked our boat up from getting worked on there after getting rear ended on the water... I couldn't believe it sunk behind a houseboat! Changed my mind about towing at boat behind one in the future!

Kim Hanson
09-24-2004, 06:37 PM
It was one of those boats that sank my V-Drive! I saved mine, but battery, starter and coil all shot! :frown: ........( . )( . ).......

Mrs. casean
09-24-2004, 06:40 PM
It was one of those boats that sank my V-Drive! I saved mine, but battery, starter and coil all shot! :frown: ........( . )( . ).......
What a bummer! Glad you saved the boat at least

Kim Hanson
09-24-2004, 08:01 PM
What a bummer! Glad you saved the boat at least
Ya, but it was one of those moments that you don't know what to do...30 second sink! Waves were way too much to drive away from, I hate WakeBoard Boats as much as water lice.......( . )( . )..... :D
No hard feelings, that same guy dropped of his kids right there and towed me back to shore! I know what it's like to sink and have no control of it now. :D

Mrs. casean
09-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Ya, but it was one of those moments that you don't know what to do...30 second sink! Waves were way too much to drive away from, I hate WakeBoard Boats as much as water lice.......( . )( . )..... :D
No hard feelings, that same guy dropped of his kids right there and towed me back to shore! I know what it's like to sink and have no control of it now. :D
I thought you meant it was behind a houseboat!!! :eek: It was a wakeboard boat!!! Damn I hate those too... they make more of a wave than the big boat out there! I Get sooo pissed at them when they tow back and forth w/ a tube and they WON"T let you pass... we got a low to the water river boat that can't take those damn wakes of theirs... http://www.webolutionary.com/smilies/smash.gif

jdogginla
09-24-2004, 08:11 PM
I thought you meant it was behind a houseboat!!! :eek: It was a wakeboard boat!!! Damn I hate those too... they make more of a wave than the big boat out there! I Get sooo pissed at them when they tow back and forth w/ a tube and they WON"T let you pass... we got a low to the water river boat that can't take those damn wakes of theirs... http://www.webolutionary.com/smilies/smash.gif
Ahhhhh excuse me...........aren't you the friggen town life guard. You set the rules on the beach and water......tell em they get one pass only per hour!@@#$ Abuse your power.......that's true Beaumont Style! :hammerhea

Mrs. casean
09-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Ahhhhh excuse me...........aren't you the friggen town life guard. You set the rules on the beach and water......tell em they get one pass only per hour!@@#$ Abuse your power.......that's true Beaumont Style! :hammerhea
hahahha, well then... if I set the rules of the water and beach.... :D I better make some passes for Kilr to pass out at the ramp :D ( I think he is ramp ranger???) Sorry, you stand correct haha

Infomaniac
09-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Been there done that.
If someone's boat is sinking. Do not be afraid to hook onto it with your boat. It will become neutral boyant and if you get moving it will not sink completely.
Tow it close enough to the boat ramp where their trailer is waiting, have several people standing by to catch the boat and walk it onto the trailer.
At least tow it somewhere shallow and beach it.

Some Kind Of Monster
09-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Hmm, I beg to differ.. My Challenger will sink and take down whatever is attached to it. It doesn't have any type of floatation foam etc..

Infomaniac
09-24-2004, 08:45 PM
You have to get it moving, It will seek it's own level and stay. Were it is taking on water will determine how low in the water it settles.

Some Kind Of Monster
09-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Hmmm, I want to test this, but don't at the same time :-) Good to keep in mind though.

Uplink
09-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I found this about a Tige being pulled by a house boat. You might want to read this if you do any towing!
http://www.riverlakes.com/antelope_narrows.htm#It%20was%20mid%20July,%202004
thanks for the story, I'm glad I DROVE my boat through those narrows last year, instead of towing it. That section of the lake is bad news, too bad you HAVE to go through it to get to the rest of the lake.
Mark

Sherpa
09-25-2004, 05:40 AM
you know what doesn't add up-? nobody was watching the boats as they
towed thru a "known-high wake area"............ what a bunch of idiots.....
if they're sinking 11 boats a week there (or whatever it was) then there's
more than 11 boat owners who are idiots.
leaving the steering wheel on a tournament boat un-tied will result in the
wheel going full-lock..... you gotta tie the wheel inline......
so that is creating a HUGE turning force on the boat..... (the boat owner
even thought it was a "better" method to tow because of the increased
distance between the two boats........) he's an idiot. eventually his boat
probably nosed-into a wake by itself, and with an open bow, it's just like
a bucket..... scoop-in everything until it turtles........
sounds like a boat-recovery service on powel is in my future..........
except I won't tell the owners they're idiots then..
--Sherpa

mmered8299
09-25-2004, 06:59 AM
I own a wakeboard board boat and when I'm on the river pulling tubes for the kids and come by one of you flatties chilling down the river I'll slow it down. I do on to other as other shall do on to me. I would also like to help out when I can, an have often wondered about tying up to a sinking boat, but I am way too concerned about damaging my boat.