PDA

View Full Version : Attneton All Boat Manufacturers

JS-66
09-25-2004, 03:21 AM
:) TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,
I HAD A CHANCE TO TOUR ALOT OF THE FACTORIES IN HAVASU AND IN CALI. THEY USE ALOT OF WOOD IN THE PROCCESS. THEY USE ALOT OF COLOR AND DESIGN WORK. ALL AWSOME BY THE WAY. MY QUESTION IS HOW MANY OF THESE COMPANIES BUY AND SELL MOLDS BACK AND FORTH?
I MEAN I CAN TELL WHEN A BOAT IS ALL NEW TOOLING AND A LOT OF THE COMPANIES STREEEETCH AND PULL PARTS AND ALTER THIS OR THAT TO MAKE A NICE PRODUCT. BUT HOW MUCH OF THIS IS OLD MOLDS REBORN?
CAN YOU BRING BACK A BOAT AND MAKE MONEY DOING IT? I HAVE MADE A FEW DIFFERENT BOATS IN MY TIME,, HELL CENTERFOLD OF HOT BOAT, BUT NEVER WITH SUCCESS BECAUSE OF LIMITED FUNDS TO KEEP IT GOING. BUT RECENT EVENTS HAVE ALOWWED ME TO MAKE A NICE 24 FT DAYTONA OUT OF A MOLD I BOUGHT THAT WAS IN STORAGE. ELIMINATOR RAN THIS BOAT FROM 89-94. SOLD THE MOLDS TO A FRIEND OF MINE WHO STORED IT FOR 6 YEARS. THEN I BOUGHT ITAND PULLED A PART. RAN THE BOAT, LOW ENGINE, RAISED IMCO, 454 MAG, LIVOSI CONTROLS, SIMPLE INTERIOR. HOW MUCH SHOULD THIS BOAT SELL FOR? I WILL POST PHOTO'S WHEN THE INTERIOR IS IN. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?
THANKS AGAIN,
LEE
"BILLY THE KID STILL LIVES"

Craig
09-25-2004, 06:41 AM
I'd like to see some pictures as you went along building the hull!

JS-66
09-25-2004, 08:52 AM
I Guess I Rambled On! This Boat Is Done And I Can Make More If You Need Photo's. This Boat Was Made Last Year And I Am Just Able To Get Back To Rigging And Finishing It Now. I Am Thinkiing Of Pulling Some Over The Winter, Looking For An Overall Thought And Retail Cost. I Know What I Can Build The Boat For. But I Also Want It Reasonably Priced.
Lee

MagicMtnDan
09-25-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm wondering:
1. Why Eliminator stopped running the mold?
2. How the boat rides and handles (there must be a reason they stopped using the mold)?
3. If they were usable after Eliminator stopped using them why weren't the molds sold to someone else instead of being in storage for years?
3. Why you typed all in caps (TYPING IN ALL CAPS is the equivalent of yelling on the Internet) :jawdrop:

JS-66
09-25-2004, 10:11 AM
I can read it better. It is hard for me to type without messing up.
They made the 25 with a new deck and raised center pod. I bought the molds out of Chattanooga. they were in storage for that long.
Said molds sold to Hugo Kimmerling of Wisconsin. At the same time Eliminator sold him another mold ,in storage now for 9 years and perfect. Also an engine, four fuel tanks that I have,two Belmount jet boat molds(top like rayson). If you search the net on google for the 24 daytona you will see that the center pod is notched. The mold was altered by Eliminator and it now releases a boat that has a dominant center pod. Hugo never made one.
Set up great, playing with props now :idea: and running a tired 454 mag and a 2 up Imco. Boat handles great, no porposing, but I made it heavy intending for more h.p. as my rivers have more chop.
Lee