PDA

View Full Version : Yard sale instead of Havasu

CEO
09-25-2004, 06:15 AM
I don't know about any of you, but having a yard sale instead of going to Havasu or Laughlin is well below average. We just move and we have a lot of extra stuff we have to unload. So instead of boating, drinking and gambling, here we are selling crap to the masses. I hope all of you who are there will have a few for me and Riverhound!! :(
For some reason the wife LOVES having Yard sales

Bre
09-25-2004, 07:34 AM
I don't know about any of you, but having a yard sale instead of going to Havasu or Laughlin is well below average. We just move and we have a lot of extra stuff we have to unload. So instead of boating, drinking and gambling, here we are selling crap to the masses. I hope all of you who are there will have a few for me and Riverhound!! :(
For some reason the wife LOVES having Yard sales
Next time you have one let us know... we have a bunch of crap we need to get rid of too :(

boatnam2
09-25-2004, 08:37 AM
our first weekend off in a long time last weekend and we had a sale.it was so funny we put our whole den 2 couches and 3 tables(oak) and 3 lamps all nice stuff.this family comes up and wants the tables i tell him a dollar it was late and i didnt want to carry it back in the house so i tell him 20 bucks for everything and since i just came from the dump i had my trailer on my truck i would deliver it.he looks at me funny they get in there car and leave.2 minutes later a guy walks up gives me 60 bucks for everything and hauls it away.dont understand a new furniture set(for them) we payed over 2k for for that i was going to give him for 20 bucks delivered.

CEO
09-25-2004, 10:42 AM
our first weekend off in a long time last weekend and we had a sale.it was so funny we put our whole den 2 couches and 3 tables(oak) and 3 lamps all nice stuff.this family comes up and wants the tables i tell him a dollar it was late and i didnt want to carry it back in the house so i tell him 20 bucks for everything and since i just came from the dump i had my trailer on my truck i would deliver it.he looks at me funny they get in there car and leave.2 minutes later a guy walks up gives me 60 bucks for everything and hauls it away.dont understand a new furniture set(for them) we payed over 2k for for that i was going to give him for 20 bucks delivered.
Exactly!! But WTF you gonna do, you want it out of your garage :rollside:

UnionJack
09-25-2004, 11:20 AM
I hate yard sales

Riverhound
09-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Pat at least we made some gas money for the boats and only dropped our property value a little with the new Sanford & Son landscape design. :eek:

Some Kind Of Monster
09-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Take some pictures, Maybe I need something.

boatnam2
09-25-2004, 11:42 AM
it was missb's yard sale but she wasnt feeling good so when i took over it really became a sale.people even look in your garage and ask if stuff is for sale.one guy wanted motocross pants and the kid has 10 pairs of old stuff so the guy got leathers jersey gloves and i even threw in a old kids riding helment for 10 bucks.kids buddy sold his system out of his car to a non english speaking guy with about 10k in his pocket.may of been a pro dont know dont care im all about moving product.missb woke up and said what happen to all the stuff i said i sold it, here is your 200 bucks end of story.needless to say i probaly wont be running her next yard sale.

HCS
09-25-2004, 11:49 AM
I hate yard sales
Iv'e picked up some smokin deals at yard sales.
One time I Found this guy that was getting a divorce and was selling all his stuff.
I was the first one on the seen and picked up some killer goods do to his
miss fortune.

CEO
09-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Next time you have one let us know... we have a bunch of crap we need to get rid of too :(
No Prob Bre, :messedup: