PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a used golf cart

djunkie
09-25-2004, 08:46 AM
Alright I'm looking for a used golf cart for a winter project. I would like gas powered if possible. Would prefer one that is all stock so that I can lift it and add all the good stuff. Also which kind does everyone use. Plan to use it around the house in havasu. I'm right down the street from the desert so I'd like to be able to go cruise around in the after hours out there. Also is it legal to drive golf carts in the street in AZ.

Beautiful Noise
09-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Check with TOBTEK here on the boards,I got mine(It's used with a new rebuilt motor) from Lou's Golf Carts in Hawthorne :D

Some Kind Of Monster
09-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Should have contacted me a couple months ago. I sold an EzGo on Ebay and even delivered it up north. I would have rather delivered it to Havi.

XtrmWakeborder
09-25-2004, 11:16 AM
May want to check out THE CART GUY in beaumont. Everytime i drive to the river i see tons of golf carts on his property.
The Cart Guy
1533 East 6th Street
Beaumont, California 92223
909-769-2278 I think thats his info, but you may want to search the internet to make sure

OutCole'd
09-25-2004, 11:18 AM
TOBTEK just hooked me up, and I am sure he can take care of you also.

LUVNLIFE
09-25-2004, 11:42 AM
I bought my first cart from The Cart Guy. It was lifted but besides that nothing special. If you are not looking for anything fancy that would work, but if you want something that will turn heads give Tobtek a call. :wink:

XtrmWakeborder
09-25-2004, 11:44 AM
I bought my first cart from The Cart Guy. It was lifted but besides that nothing special. If you are not looking for anything fancy that would work, but if you want something that will turn heads give Tobtek a call. :wink:
How are the prices on the stock carts over at the cart guy? ..i'm thinking about a little project this winter. Ps. TOB deffinately has the blinginest carts.

djunkie
09-25-2004, 12:03 PM
I'm not looking for a done up one. I want to get a gas powered one that is all stock so I can build it myself.

OutCole'd
09-25-2004, 12:38 PM
The one I bought off TOBTEK was completely stock. I wanted to do all the myself also. So from stock to tricked out Toby can help you out.

racecar.hotshoe
09-25-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm not looking for a done up one. I want to get a gas powered one that is all stock so I can build it myself.The cart guy has alot.And hes in Beaumont.......... :eek:

djunkie
09-25-2004, 12:42 PM
I tried to pm tobtek but no reply yet. Called the cart but no answer. I guess no one works on sat. in beaumont. :)

OutCole'd
09-25-2004, 12:49 PM
I tried to pm tobtek but no reply yet. Called the cart but no answer. I guess no one works on sat. in beaumont. :)
I talked to him a little while earlier. He is busy at work, but he will get back to you.

djunkie
09-25-2004, 12:52 PM
I talked to him a little while earlier. He is busy at work, but he will get back to you.
Cool Thanks.

Mrs. casean
09-25-2004, 01:02 PM
We Might be selling one in Mid Oct... if you haven't found one yet we will let you know... stock 2002 Gas EZ go.

djunkie
09-25-2004, 01:14 PM
We Might be selling one in Mid Oct... if you haven't found one yet we will let you know... stock 2002 Gas EZ go.
How much would you want fot that?

Mrs. casean
09-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Not sure yet, we bought 8 and they will be comin in mid oct... the Mr. and a friend of ours is going to try to start something w/ them.. .build them up... but we are ordering stock ones then fixing them up... he said he would probably want $3400. for it...

djunkie
09-25-2004, 01:19 PM
I will definitely keep you mind. I probably won't be ready to get one till next month anyways.

Mrs. casean
09-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Great... we'll let you know when they come in and see if you're interested... HB members and friends have priority... We have built ours and a friends of ours up, they want to get 8 and build them up since they know how now and see what they can make of a business... worth a try... we know they will sell... but they will be coming in totally stock so we'll tell ya when we get them and see whats up.

LUVNLIFE
09-25-2004, 02:35 PM
How are the prices on the stock carts over at the cart guy? ..i'm thinking about a little project this winter. Ps. TOB deffinately has the blinginest carts.
The Cart Guy just buys a fleet of carts from golf courses that are updating their fleet all though they have other used ones also and new. I paid 1600 for a 96 Yam gas and then he did a full service on it. Keep in mind the carts are used course fleet so they are not that pretty and some are downright tore up. Then I called up Tobtek and he hooked me up with a sweet ride. :)

XtrmWakeborder
09-25-2004, 02:47 PM
The Cart Guy just buys a fleet of carts from golf courses that are updating their fleet all though they have other used ones also and new. I paid 1600 for a 96 Yam gas and then he did a full service on it. Keep in mind the carts are used course fleet so they are not that pretty and some are downright tore up. Then I called up Tobtek and he hooked me up with a sweet ride. :)
i'd prolly want one less engine, that way i could put in a snowmobile engine so the tore up/not working one would be the best as long as its body is in good shape. Well see how the funding looks this winter

LUVNLIFE
09-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Hell he prob has ones without motors sitting there also.

TOBTEK
09-25-2004, 03:38 PM
BILL, what are you doing out of the GARAGE? get back to work!!!! :rollside: post some pic's of your progress....wanta see if your putting all the parts in the correct places..hehehehehe :boxed:
Djunkie....check your P/M....Toby