PDA

View Full Version : SCHIADA REGATTA & THE NOISE GESTAPO

SCHIADA 21 RC
09-26-2004, 09:01 AM
With the recent problems with the noise Gestapo at Havasu I am concerned about being banished to my trailer for the weekend. I am very sure I am significantly over the limit. Do we know if the regatta participants will be getting a “pass” from these over zealous jerks for this weekend? I for one don’t want to drive 700 miles round trip to be told I can’t launch because I can’t make the noise cut. If you folks have any suggestions on how I can quite mine down short of a new exhaust system please let me know. I am running a blown 468 with Emco exhaust headers and through the transom pipes. Thanks in advance for any info or assistance. BILL

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Do you have all the water running through them...or are you using dumps?

Rocky
09-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Pay to launch else were. I think the Natical will alow for $$

SCHIADA 21 RC
09-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Yes I do have full flow of water in the system and if I can launch anywhere the Gestapo is not present I would be happt to do that.

SoCalOffshore
09-26-2004, 07:21 PM
The latest word I have read is that Site 6 and Windsor are not testing.

Keith E. Sayre
09-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Go anywhere but the Marina and you will be fine. They're the only ones testing. You'll be fine anywhere else.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

NastyOne
09-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Stay at the Nautical and just use their ramp.
Way easy and much faster than anywhere else.
Ps. You have to stay there to use the ramp. You cant just buy a pass from them. Trust me. :D

jackpunx
09-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Go anywhere but the Marina and you will be fine. They're the only ones testing. You'll be fine anywhere else.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400
What he said.. Im running a blown 502with through transom and water.. Im at 100.2..
I have never had an issue. just launch somwhere other then the marina.. and dont rev your motor in the channel..
have fun :rollside:

phebus
09-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400
You may be fine to launch elsewhere, but expect much longer than usual lines.

That Guy
09-27-2004, 04:05 PM
With the recent problems with the noise Gestapo at Havasu I am concerned about being banished to my trailer for the weekend. I am very sure I am significantly over the limit. Do we know if the regatta participants will be getting a “pass” from these over zealous jerks for this weekend? I for one don’t want to drive 700 miles round trip to be told I can’t launch because I can’t make the noise cut. If you folks have any suggestions on how I can quite mine down short of a new exhaust system please let me know. I am running a blown 468 with Emco exhaust headers and through the transom pipes. Thanks in advance for any info or assistance. BILL
You won't get a noise pass because of the Regatta...ask us Advantage owners, most of whom were turned away running nothing more than a stock 496HO. They were also testing at Windsor this weekend on Saturday (I believe someone said). You need to all get involved...read the posts in the Sandbar and contact Lakeracer to see how to help.....

Evo22
09-27-2004, 06:14 PM
F that guy at the marina boycot him and write letters to the city he thinks he is above the law :hammerhea

WUTWZAT
09-27-2004, 06:42 PM
It seems to be very clear to me that the people who run the marinas only want Bayliners and other such boats to do business with. I remember in the past they were upset with the size of boat saying that boats so long were destroying their ramps. So now it seems that they have found something else to b!tch about. I own a small jet boat, are they also putting db meters to these types of boats when launching, I sure hope so or I think they have just found a new way to target the same old boats they loved to hate in the past.
If you really wanna spend your money at their marinas, and want to launch just do this. And think your boat might not pass.
1 Put your boat in the water, with the rump, sorry.... Ramp Ranger there with db meter in hand. Then, have trouble starting the boat, ie battery switch to off.
2 Be polite and park your truck and trailer, while you figure out the problem.
3 While ramp boy is off harrasing another person, VVVVRRRoooommm, and while he yells and screams, once you reach the 50 ft away point, tell him to measure this................ :D
4 The sound that is, now if he is still hot, roost him down, and maybe his little db will break in the process.
5 And let them know, that your willing to take your chances with the real police giving you a noise ticket rather than a glorified security guard denying you access to the public lake. And if any M/F'r touches my truck or trailer, I'll own this Marina.
Just my two cents.
Jason

That Guy
09-28-2004, 01:52 PM
It seems to be very clear to me that the people who run the marinas only want Bayliners and other such boats to do business with. I remember in the past they were upset with the size of boat saying that boats so long were destroying their ramps. So now it seems that they have found something else to b!tch about. I own a small jet boat, are they also putting db meters to these types of boats when launching, I sure hope so or I think they have just found a new way to target the same old boats they loved to hate in the past.
If you really wanna spend your money at their marinas, and want to launch just do this. And think your boat might not pass.
1 Put your boat in the water, with the rump, sorry.... Ramp Ranger there with db meter in hand. Then, have trouble starting the boat, ie battery switch to off.
2 Be polite and park your truck and trailer, while you figure out the problem.
3 While ramp boy is off harrasing another person, VVVVRRRoooommm, and while he yells and screams, once you reach the 50 ft away point, tell him to measure this................ :D
4 The sound that is, now if he is still hot, roost him down, and maybe his little db will break in the process.
5 And let them know, that your willing to take your chances with the real police giving you a noise ticket rather than a glorified security guard denying you access to the public lake. And if any M/F'r touches my truck or trailer, I'll own this Marina.
Just my two cents.
Jason
lmao...that cracked me up.

Essex502
09-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Everyone needs to get involved if you boat in Havasu. The Marina, at this time, seems to be the only facility that is routinely checking boats for noise. They do so in a manner inconsistent with the Arizona State law. They have NO RIGHT to deny launching by ANY boat except for "CAUSE" - whatever that means and I doubt strongly that "CAUSE" in a courtroom wouldn't include noise.
Even if you do boycott the Marina the other ramps have started some "experimental" testing and it won't be long before this spreads. Write letters to the State and demand that the Marina abide by it's concessionaire contract.

SoCalOffshore
09-30-2004, 06:22 AM
I will be launching at Windsor. I hope everyone has their registrations in.

malibuken
09-30-2004, 07:49 AM
You won't get a noise pass because of the Regatta...ask us Advantage owners, most of whom were turned away running nothing more than a stock 496HO. They were also testing at Windsor this weekend on Saturday (I believe someone said). You need to all get involved...read the posts in the Sandbar and contact Lakeracer to see how to help.....
SBARK1 is correct about the noise pass for Ragattas.
Also, we launched at Windsor for the Regatta and they were not checking early Sat and Sat afternoon. We went out Sunday as well, and did not see anyone checking. Not sure if we just missed them or what. There was a couple boats launching at the same time as us, that were obviously over the limit, and we saw nobody giving them a bad time.
BTW, good to meet ya SBARK, hope to see ya on the water again.