PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

Cheap Thrills
09-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Did ya miss me ? :p
Ivan left us without power which was ok because I have a generator , but the bastard took my internet too :mad:
about the 7th day without ***boat I was about ready to sign myself into one of those methadone clinics :rolleyes:
C.T. :wink:

Kilrtoy
09-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Glad you made it thru... ;)

Mrs. casean
09-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Glad to hear you're alright!

FMluvswater
09-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Did ya miss me ? :p
Ivan left us without power which was ok because I have a generator , but the bastard took my internet too :mad:
about the 7th day without ***boat I was about ready to sign myself into one of those methadone clinics :rolleyes:
Being without internet sucks for sure and damn skippy baby I missed you! :D I'm glad you're back C.T. :)

Kim Hanson
09-26-2004, 02:33 PM
It cool to see you made it through that chit........( . )( . )....... ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2004, 02:48 PM
welcome back and we are glad you made it through that stuff.. is everything o.k at the home front.. not to bad I hope.. :wink:

Cheap Thrills
09-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks Gang :D, I'm just thankfull I wasn't any further south .
heres a IR Sattelite image as it came through notice the face in the image !
After looking at it for several min I noticed several more face like images in it .
the one in blue jumps out at ya but theres one thats upside down over NE Canada that looks like it's looking south watching the center of the storm. and theres several bunched together over NM.,AZ.,CO.,UT. that are eerie looking .
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127face_of_the_storm.bmp
anyhoo besides the tree falling through my mothers house all is well in Cheap Thrillsville .
I'll try to post some pics later on .
OH ! has River Otter been on lately ? he's down south of me near Chatt. TN. I wonder how he made out ?

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I haven't seen him.. but I have not been on much lately.. :( I hope all is well with him also.

BarryMac
09-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Glad you made it thru... ;)
what he said...
gjb

FMluvswater
09-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Yes RiverOtter has been on. Boy oh boy has he been on, lol and giving me grief. ;) :D
Tree through the house you say? That's not good. :( I'm glad you are okay. C.T.

Mohavekid
09-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Glad to hear things were not too bad for you.
Are you ready for Jeanne? The weather guys are forcasting her to turn north along the Atlantic coast in the next few days.

RiverOtter
09-26-2004, 04:51 PM
OH ! has River Otter been on lately ? he's down south of me near Chatt. TN. I wonder how he made out ?
C.T. :wink:[/QUOTE]
I'm here Cheap Thrills! Looks like you had it lots worse than we did. We had 30 - 40 mph winds and 8 - 10" of rain! I have very good friends in Ashville and she emailed me flood pics. Holy Cow y'all got the rain!!! Sorry about your mother's house. We only lost power for 30 sec or so. The river is just now getting to normal stage. North of us got 10 - 15" of rain. MUCH worse!!
Hey FM!! What's up? Did you catch your movie?

Cheap Thrills
09-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Good to hear you guys made it through OK River Otter.
I would have imagined that you guys would have gotten it worse than we did .
The damage to mom's house is minimal, a little wood and a few shingles , nothing major and luckly no one in the house was injured.
Unfortunately there were a few fatalities in the area due to trees falling through houses , downed power lines and car wrecks, but none of my people were involved thank goodness .
I'm less than an hour from your friends in Asheville so if you ever decide to journey from Volunteer over to Tarheel , let me know and steaks at The Peddler are on me K. :cool:

FMluvswater
09-26-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm here Cheap Thrills! Looks like you had it lots worse than we did. We had 30 - 40 mph winds and 8 - 10" of rain! I have very good friends in Ashville and she emailed me flood pics. Holy Cow y'all got the rain!!! Sorry about your mother's house. We only lost power for 30 sec or so. The river is just now getting to normal stage. North of us got 10 - 15" of rain. MUCH worse!!
Hey FM!! What's up? Did you catch your movie?
Wow, I'm glad to hear you're okay too RiverOtter. :) Yes I did see my movie. It was just okay.
Hey CT I'm glad that nobody near and dear to you was killed or injured ... still always saddens me to hear that lives were lost. Life is so precious.

RiverOtter
09-27-2004, 05:15 AM
Good to hear you guys made it through OK River Otter.
I would have imagined that you guys would have gotten it worse than we did .
The damage to mom's house is minimal, a little wood and a few shingles , nothing major and luckly no one in the house was injured.
Unfortunately there were a few fatalities in the area due to trees falling through houses , downed power lines and car wrecks, but none of my people were involved thank goodness .
I'm less than an hour from your friends in Asheville so if you ever decide to journey from Volunteer over to Tarheel , let me know and steaks at The Peddler are on me K. :cool:
Sounds Good. Gonna try to make a Fall trip there but after looking at the soccer / scouts / and fall break to FL stuff... May have to be a Christmas trip. Strange weather pattern. To the South and Norteast of us got lots worse weather. I really didn't even have any limbs down and I have 4 100+ year oaks in my yard!

RiverOtter
09-27-2004, 05:16 AM
CT and FM. Look for threads with Ivan in them. I posted tons of pics. Also go to www.graytonbeach.com and scroll down for Ivan pics.

FMluvswater
09-27-2004, 11:42 AM
CT and FM. Look for threads with Ivan in them. I posted tons of pics. Also go to www.graytonbeach.com and scroll down for Ivan pics.
I checked out the link. Incredible the damage it did. On a side note I've never seen sand so white before I thought I was looking at snow at first! :supp: :D
As for pics you posted oh great now I gotta stalk you to find them all :rolleyes: like I don't have enough on my plate keeping tabs on HammerDown :D

RiverOtter
09-27-2004, 04:22 PM
As for pics you posted oh great now I gotta stalk you to find them all :rolleyes: like I don't have enough on my plate keeping tabs on HammerDown :D[/QUOTE]
Wow!! FM, you'd be my first stalker :devil: I'm flattered... Never had a stalker before :D
Did you see the before pics I posted of our beach? It does look like snow. One year (at Band Camp :D ) We made Christmas cards with pics of my kids making a snow man only it was made out of sand.

FMluvswater
09-27-2004, 04:40 PM
As for pics you posted oh great now I gotta stalk you to find them all :rolleyes: like I don't have enough on my plate keeping tabs on HammerDown :D
Wow!! FM, you'd be my first stalker :devil: I'm flattered... Never had a stalker before :D
Did you see the before pics I posted of our beach? It does look like snow. One year (at Band Camp :D ) We made Christmas cards with pics of my kids making a snow man only it was made out of sand.
Well you have now! :devil: I already read about your whitesandman you built :p . I was reading your posts and looking at pics you posted most of the afternoon! :D I did see the before pics of your beach and I gasped at the color of the water too! How dreamy! :cool:
Now I gotta spend some time spying on/stalking my pal. Wouldn't want him feeling neglected. :D

RiverOtter
09-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Well you have now! :devil: I already read about your whitesandman you built :p . I was reading your posts and looking at pics you posted most of the afternoon! :D I did see the before pics of your beach and I gasped at the color of the water too! How dreamy! :cool:
Now I gotta spend some time spying on/stalking my pal. Wouldn't want him feeling neglected. :D
Nice to know somebody's watching :idea: :D When I get some time I'll post some more before pics. Mrs Otter won't let me post any of her or the kids :rolleyes: So I have to find some with them. Go to www.rosemarybeach.com and www.Seasidefl.com Very cool.

FMluvswater
09-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Nice to know somebody's watching :idea: :D When I get some time I'll post some more before pics. Mrs Otter won't let me post any of her or the kids :rolleyes: So I have to find some with them. Go to www.rosemarybeach.com and www.Seasidefl.com Very cool.
Well I'll only stalk someone if they tell me I missed something important that they posted. ;) I stalk HammerDown everyday regardless ... I'll stalk him forever. :D I like to terrify him. :D
Too bad you can't post pics of your family as it'd be nice to match screen name to face and see your kiddos but I do respect your wife's choice. :)
I'll check out those links tonight. :)