PDA

View Full Version : What will the Oct

Blown 472
09-27-2004, 02:34 PM
surprise be?
GW cuts a deal with the terrorist coddling saudis to lower gas prices?
GW stops coddling a terrorist and turns him over?
GW lets the saddam trial be televised without cutting out the voices, na he might give up some info that could be damaging like the time during the 80's when we coddled him and stood by while he killed thousands of his own people but 20 years later this is a knoble cause to get him out of there for what he did. Holy short sided people, oh f uck thats right the wwf is on. :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
09-27-2004, 03:10 PM
surprise be?
GW cuts a deal with the terrorist coddling saudis to lower gas prices?
GW stops coddling a terrorist and turns him over?
GW lets the saddam trial be televised without cutting out the voices, na he might give up some info that could be damaging like the time during the 80's when we coddled him and stood by while he killed thousands of his own people but 20 years later this is a knoble cause to get him out of there for what he did. Holy short sided people, oh f uck thats right the wwf is on. :rolleyes:
This one gives us some insight into the thinking of it's author...What's wrong? Are you afraid Bush might keep working and do something good in the next month. Unlike J. Kerry, who hasn't done a bit of good in 20+ years in the congress? :rolleyes:

HighRoller
09-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Blown, you have finally shown you absolute and total idiocy. "October Surprise"? You mean when the Democrats accused HWBush of flying in the SR71 to Iran and brokering some sweetheart deal? Why is it the Democrats always have some lame excuse for losing when the real reason is they are tottally out of touch with reality. They are putting forward two men with a combined net worth of nearly 700 million dollars who claim to be "defenders" of the "common man". The only common men these guys interact with are their limo drivers.

Blown 472
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Blown, you have finally shown you absolute and total idiocy. "October Surprise"? You mean when the Democrats accused HWBush of flying in the SR71 to Iran and brokering some sweetheart deal? Why is it the Democrats always have some lame excuse for losing when the real reason is they are tottally out of touch with reality. They are putting forward two men with a combined net worth of nearly 700 million dollars who claim to be "defenders" of the "common man". The only common men these guys interact with are their limo drivers.
And Gw has what in common with them? hell his old man didn't even know what a cash register was.
Could you splain to me why someone who is able to spend millions of his own money on a campain to get elected for a job that only pays 200k a year want it? and dont start in with that helping his fellow man shit either.
Lets just sit back and what what pops up, shall week oct is only a few days away.

eliminatedsprinter
09-27-2004, 04:08 PM
In the past the october suprise has always been in the form of a Democratic party dirty trick, ie last min phoney smear...
I guess Blown is giving the term "October suprise" a new meaning by catigorizing doing something good, like getting tough with a terrorist or negotiating lower gas prices, as a dirty trick. It's a bit of a sreeeeeeeeeaaaaaach. :notam: :D :D But this post did bring me a laugh..... :D

Freak
09-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Could you splain to me why someone who is able to spend millions of his own money on a campain to get elected for a job that only pays 200k a year want it? and dont start in with that helping his fellow man shit either.
Easy - When you have more than enough money the only thing left of worth is power. It is argued that the seat of the U.S. presidency is the most powerful seat in the world.
The elites are guided day-to-day by a set of incentives that are built into the system itself. The elites – corporate owners and managers, government officials, and military commanders – are people who have been selected for certain qualities: loyalty to the system, competitiveness, and hunger for power. They are people born to wealth and power, and raised to assume that privilege is their birthright. It's hard to understand their thinking when you are not in that position.
The rich and powerful have always had special privilege and always will. Blown you know this.

OGShocker
09-28-2004, 05:48 AM
And Gw has what in common with them? hell his old man didn't even know what a cash register was.
Are you really this full of 5hit? Are you still mad a GW because you won't find a job inline with what you think you are worth? I think soon you will go the way of Catmando, Lake Pirate and AZDon...
GHWB was in a store how just installed a newer hightech bar code scanner. This scanner was able to read lables with up to 90% of the code missing. It was also the first reader to "side scan" making it easier on the checker. He quiped, "WOW! I've never seen that before". You see Blown, not many people had seen those scanners, as they were brand new.
Now answer this. WTF is wrong with you? ;)

OGShocker
09-28-2004, 06:58 AM
To answer your question,
Faced with a growing insurgency and a January deadline for national elections, U.S. commanders in Iraq say they are preparing operations to open up rebel-held areas, especially Falluja, the restive city west of Baghdad now under control of insurgents and Islamist groups.
A senior U.S. commander said the military intended to take back Falluja and other rebel areas by the end of the year. He did not set a date for an offensive but said that much would depend on the availability of Iraqi military and police units, which would be sent to the areas once they were retaken.
The U.S. commander suggested that operations in Falluja could begin as early as November or December, the deadline the Americans had given themselves for restoring Iraqi government control across the country.
"We need to make a decision on when the cancer of Falluja is going to be cut out," the U.S. commander said. "We would like to end December at local control across the country.
"Falluja will be tough," he added.
At a minimum, the U.S. commander said, local conditions would have to be secure for voting to take place in the country's 18 provincial capitals for the election to be considered legitimate. U.S. forces have lost control over at least one provincial capital, Ramadi, in Al Anbar Province, and have only a tenuous grip over a second, Baquba, the capital of Diyala Province, northeast of Baghdad. Other large cities in the region, like Samarra, are largely in the hands of insurgents.
Senior officials at the United Nations are concerned that legitimate elections might not be possible unless the security conditions change. Violence against U.S. forces surged last month to its highest level since the war began last year, with an average of 87 attacks per day. A string of deadly attacks in the past month continued on Saturday, with a car bombing that killed at least 19 people in the northern city of Kirkuk.
At the same time, the Americans and the Iraqi interim government appear to be giving negotiations to disarm the rebels a final chance. Members of the Mujahedeen Shura, the eight-member council in control of Falluja, said they were planning to come to Baghdad to meet with Iraqi officials to talk about disarming the rebels and opening the city to Iraqi government control.
"Although the Americans have lied many times, we are ready to start negotiations with the Iraqi government," said Qasim Muhammad Abdul Sattar, a member of the shura.
Ahmed Hardan, a doctor in Falluja who was to take part in the negotiations starting Sunday, said that at least some members on the council might be willing to strike a deal with the Americans.
Under the proposal to be discussed, Hardan said, the guerrillas would turn over their heavy weapons and allow a military force gathered from around Al Anbar Province to enter the city. That unit would replace the Falluja Brigade, the local militia composed almost entirely of insurgents and former members of Saddam Hussein's Baath Party, which was formed in an effort to bring an end to the insurgency after an assault by U.S. Marines was halted in April. The Falluja Brigade was routed by the insurgents, and the Iraqi government disbanded it this month.
The Iraqi government will also demand that the insurgents turn over their heavy weapons and that foreign fighters leave the city.
Similar negotiations, also at the threat of force, appear to have borne some fruit in the city of Samarra. American military forces entered Samarra last week for the first time in months and are hoping they can restore Iraqi government control there before the elections.
The driving force behind the coming military operations is concern that under the current security conditions, voting will not be possible in much of the Sunni Triangle, the area generally north and west of Baghdad that has generated most of the violence against the U.S. enterprise in Iraq.
"Bad elections will open wounds rather than heal them," said Ghassan al-Atiyyah, the director of the Iraqi Foundation for Development and Democracy, an independent governance group here. "If the Sunnis do not vote, then you could end up with a polarized parliament that could lead to civil war."
Still, Iraqi and UN officials say they have begun preparations to hold the elections across the country despite the chaotic security environment.
Sound Off...What do you think? Join the discussion.
Copyright 2004 International Herald Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MagicMtnDan
09-28-2004, 07:12 AM
You're some piece of work Blown.
You've just described EVERY politician. They all spend MILLIONS to make thousands per year. Dave Corzine in NJ spent something like $18,000,000 of his own money to win the senatorial race in that state.
Don't you have a jar of assorted hardware to pick through or a garage floor to sweep? :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
09-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Are you really this full of 5hit? Are you still mad a GW because you won't find a job inline with what you think you are worth? I think soon you will go the way of Catmando, Lake Pirate and AZDon...
GHWB was in a store how just installed a newer hightech bar code scanner. This scanner was able to read lables with up to 90% of the code missing. It was also the first reader to "side scan" making it easier on the checker. He quiped, "WOW! I've never seen that before". You see Blown, not many people had seen those scanners, as they were brand new.
Now answer this. WTF is wrong with you? ;)
If Bush saw a man drowning and got out of a boat and walked accross the water and pulled him out. Today's democrats would run off screaming "Bush can't swim!". This last year's anti Bush election spin is so lame it's pathetic...

Blown 472
09-28-2004, 01:10 PM
You're some piece of work Blown.
You've just described EVERY politician. They all spend MILLIONS to make thousands per year. Dave Corzine in NJ spent something like $18,000,000 of his own money to win the senatorial race in that state.
Don't you have a jar of assorted hardware to pick through or a garage floor to sweep? :rolleyes:
Lemme guess, you dont think the gubment is corrupt either :confused: :confused:

MagicMtnDan
09-28-2004, 02:02 PM
I didn't say that! We probably agree on a good number of issues (kind of scary to think that we could agree :D ) but I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of guy who knows that Bush isn't the greatest President we've ever had but he's far and away the best choice (the ONLY choice) on Nov. 2nd.
I don't like a lot about our government. Special interests are suffocating us. Trial lawyers for example are doing us in and, uh-oh, John Edwards happens to be the poster child for why this country must have tort reform.
Flush the two Johns on November 2nd!

HighRoller
09-28-2004, 03:57 PM
The government is not corrupt blown. Why do I say this? Because I actually know the definition of the word "corrupt", and if you did too you would know that it is technically impossible for the entire entity known as the government to be corrupted. Go open a dictionary, then come back and play when you learn some more. :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
09-28-2004, 04:00 PM
I do and that is a big part of why I no longer vote for dems. Their platform will result in greatly increasing the government's control of our lives. The more we ask the gov to solve our problems, the more control we give the govenment hacks over our lives.
It was an ancient roman philosopher who said "the government that governs least, governs best". If you believe this (as I do) and you follow politics and the parties positions then you would know that the political left (today's Democrats) with their authoritarian platform is not the way we should be heading and the Democrats are the last people we should be voting for. You see Blown, I am not a republician. I am just a guy who holds his nose and votes for them, to keep left wing authoritarians, like todays democrats, out of office.

Blown 472
09-28-2004, 05:02 PM
The government is not corrupt blown. Why do I say this? Because I actually know the definition of the word "corrupt", and if you did too you would know that it is technically impossible for the entire entity known as the government to be corrupted. Go open a dictionary, then come back and play when you learn some more. :rolleyes:
Boy u must be one of dem der college ejumacated boys.
"Marked by venality and dishonesty"
"Containing errors or alterations"
Shall I continue???

Blown 472
09-28-2004, 05:03 PM
I do and that is a big part of why I no longer vote for dems. Their platform will result in greatly increasing the government's control of our lives. The more we ask the gov to solve our problems, the more control we give the govenment hacks over our lives.
It was an ancient roman philosopher who said "the government that governs least, governs best". If you believe this (as I do) and you follow politics and the parties positions then you would know that the political left (today's Democrats) with their authoritarian platform is not the way we should be heading and the Democrats are the last people we should be voting for. You see Blown, I am not a republician. I am just a guy who holds his nose and votes for them, to keep left wing authoritarians, like todays democrats, out of office.
Well we agree on some thing too, kinda scary huh Dan??? :eek:

HighRoller
09-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Blown, if you had continued on to the 7th grade you would have learned that the primary definition of "Corruption" is the use of one's official standing or office to profit personally. For example, a politician who accepts personal donations or bribes. Another example is a football player who takes money or gifts because of his status. In either definition, your or mine, the government cannot be corrupt. Only the employees of the government can be. For that matter, any institution, business or entity can become corrupt when a lack of integrity by its employees is present.

Dave C
09-29-2004, 07:52 AM
stop questioning Blown... he is clairvoyant and we are not.... so bow down to his so-called clairvoyance people :D :messedup: :rolleyes: .

eliminatedsprinter
09-29-2004, 08:12 AM
While this is true. I have seen enough corruption, arrogance, and incompetence in various levels of government, that I don't really put up much argument when I hear people over generalize and say "the gov is corrupt". Even though I know 90%+ of it isn't "corrupt". There are plenty of people within it who are.
One thing I don't understand is how so many people who distrust government can vote for democrats. They simply must be ignorant of the party's platform or the voting records of the party's legislators. Otherwise, why would anyone, who distrusts government power, vote for those who want to increase it so much???The illogic is really aggravating to think about at times.

Blown 472
09-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Blown, if you had continued on to the 7th grade you would have learned that the primary definition of "Corruption" is the use of one's official standing or office to profit personally. For example, a politician who accepts personal donations or bribes. Another example is a football player who takes money or gifts because of his status. In either definition, your or mine, the government cannot be corrupt. Only the employees of the government can be. For that matter, any institution, business or entity can become corrupt when a lack of integrity by its employees is present.
So they employees are not the gubment, it is some thing that is just out there?
And for your info, I did finish to the 8th grade, thanks. :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
09-29-2004, 03:16 PM
So they employees are not the gubment, it is some thing that is just out there?
And for your info, I did finish to the 8th grade, thanks. :rolleyes:
So why do you come on here and argue in favor of the party that wants to give much more control of your life over to that "gubment" that you obviously don't trust??? :notam:
P.S. It appears to me that Highroller is just attempting to point out the fact that your blanket over generalization is not accurate. You see, people like him like to base their views on the most accurate and specific facts available. :cool: Go figure....

Blown 472
09-29-2004, 03:23 PM
So why do you come on here and argue in favor of the party that wants to give much more control of your life over to that "gubment" that you obviously don't trust??? :notam:
I am not in favor of either party, nor do I endorse them. I dont like greasy politians nor what they represent.
They talk shit about how they have a health care plan, please elect me, horseshit, health care in the state I live in has gone up 50% in the last four years, and what did they do about it? but yet you have these two assclowns talking like they are going to save everyone. Aside from national defense and a few other things just what are my tax dollars buying? other than a new house for the haliburton vp's???
Think about this, why are the comicrates fighting so hard to keep nader off the ballot? he might take some their votes? holyshit people voting for someone that might do something he says he is going to do? someone who might not let the lobbiests set the agenda for the nation? perhaps people are sick of the same ol same ol and it is time for a change. And no I am not a nader supporter either.

Dave C
09-29-2004, 03:50 PM
keeping ol nader off the ballot is just wrong...... and I'm not just saying that....

eliminatedsprinter
09-29-2004, 04:10 PM
keeping ol nader off the ballot is just wrong...... and I'm not just saying that....
I agree... It's actually as wrong as Ralph Nader usually is.. :wink: :D Perhaps when the brighter people on the left see the tactics that the dems are using to keep him off the ballots, they will see what kind of closed minded, authoritarians these so called "liberals" have become. Perhaps some of them might even have read "Animal Farm".

eliminatedsprinter
09-29-2004, 04:20 PM
I am not in favor of either party, nor do I endorse them. I dont like greasy politians nor what they represent.
They talk shit about how they have a health care plan, please elect me, horseshit, health care in the state I live in has gone up 50% in the last four years, and what did they do about it? but yet you have these two assclowns talking like they are going to save everyone. Aside from national defense and a few other things just what are my tax dollars buying? other than a new house for the haliburton vp's???
Why in the world do you want these dimwhits to have a say in your health care.
Why don't you read the U.S. Constitution and find out what the Federal Government is supposed to be using your tax dollars for? Hint, It's pretty much just national defense.... and a few other things...... :D