PDA

View Full Version : I have another Ipod question

Tunnel Vision
04-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Do I need a special cable to go from the Ipod to the amp inputs that are RCA's? if so were can I get it.
Is there a way to wire a remote volume control to my amp to make it easier to adjust the volume instead of the Ipod? I haven't tried it yet but i seems to me it might be easier especially while driving.
This is in my Arctic cat prowler so it won't have a head unit in it.
TV

sigepmock
04-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Just did this in my Rhino.
I got a mini jack to RCA cable from Dave at Al & Ed's. Can't think of the brand name right now, I'm sure someone will. I also looked at running an inline volume know so I could set the IPOD volume then put it away and turn the volume up and down with a little knob. Dave also had one in stock, the RCA's from the Ipod plug into it and then it has RCA that plug into the amp. I didn't run it because it eats a little power and sound quality and I wanted to make sure my Ipod had enough juice to sound good first. After testing it last weekend I think I'll add it in now. Your right the Ipod is kinda a pain to use to turn the volume up and down.
If no one else replies, I'll get the info off the cable tonight and post it up for you.
Chris

phebus
04-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Could be a Belkin cable. They make a lot of cables for adapting iPod's to your head unit

Tunnel Vision
04-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Just did this in my Rhino.
I got a mini jack to RCA cable from Dave at Al & Ed's. Can't think of the brand name right now, I'm sure someone will. I also looked at running an inline volume know so I could set the IPOD volume then put it away and turn the volume up and down with a little knob. Dave also had one in stock, the RCA's from the Ipod plug into it and then it has RCA that plug into the amp. I didn't run it because it eats a little power and sound quality and I wanted to make sure my Ipod had enough juice to sound good first. After testing it last weekend I think I'll add it in now. Your right the Ipod is kinda a pain to use to turn the volume up and down.
If no one else replies, I'll get the info off the cable tonight and post it up for you.
Chris
That would be great if you had a part number on that cable and vol. control!
What size amp did you use?
Mine is a 2 channel Clairion, 320 watts and i'm wondering how the stator is going to like it... may have to add a second battery because of right now no one has a stator upgrade yet.
Thank you for your help any other info would great, Hell I don't even know how to use the Ipod yet.
Can I use Windows media to down load my music to the Ipod or do I need to use i-tunes?
TV

sigepmock
04-12-2006, 01:21 PM
That would be great if you had a part number on that cable and vol. control!
What size amp did you use?
Mine is a 2 channel Clairion, 320 watts and i'm wondering how the stator is going to like it... may have to add a second battery because of right now no one has a stator upgrade yet.
Thank you for your help any other info would great, Hell I don't even know how to use the Ipod yet.
Can I use Windows media to down load my music to the Ipod or do I need to use i-tunes?
TV
I ran a Fosgate 4 by 100. It's a four channel amp. Front feeds two 5 x7's the back is bridged to run 1 10" JL sub. I ran it last weekend off the stock battery and it did ok but I'm adding an Odyssey PC925 and an small Isolator so I won't get stranded.
Here's the Connector cable for the Ipod:
http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/accessoryDetails.aspx?optId=1829&categoryId=247
Still looking for the volume knob info. If you want call Dave at Al & Ed's in Ontario and he can give you the info right away.
Here's the isolator I'm running
the 1314 100 amp
http://www.surepower.com/separator.html
Itunes is what you need to get the music onto the iPod you can also download your other music into Itunes then onto your iPod, you don't have to buy the songs through Itunes.
Chris

h2oski2fast
04-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Do I need a special cable to go from the Ipod to the amp inputs that are RCA's? if so were can I get it.
Is there a way to wire a remote volume control to my amp to make it easier to adjust the volume instead of the Ipod? I haven't tried it yet but i seems to me it might be easier especially while driving.
This is in my Arctic cat prowler so it won't have a head unit in it.
TV
Easiest, and convient way, is to get and Ijet wireless remote for your Ipod. It plugs into the top, then the headset plugs into that. It's RF, so it's not line of site. You can control volume, track, repeat and other stuff. Google Ijet.

teamaquaholicks
04-13-2006, 03:31 PM
any one know how to take music from one i pod and put it on another?

h2oski2fast
04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
any one know how to take music from one i pod and put it on another?
Takes some software that you can download for free.

teamaquaholicks
04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
i took a buddies i pod and pluged it into my computer. once it was done reading the new hardware, i was able to load all my music on to his i pod. however, when he plugged it back into his computer it erased all his music and my music that i gave him. do you know the site for the software to do it right?
thanks
chuck

ROZ
04-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Yup, software is available so we can file share :D

teamaquaholicks
04-18-2006, 06:42 PM
any one have the free soft ware site
thanks
chuck

ROZ
04-18-2006, 08:22 PM
thanks
chuck
Shoot me your email...

Havasubum
04-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Yup, software is available so we can file share :D
how can i get this software to share?

ROZ
04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
What's your email? I got it from another board member :)

rvrhlic
04-19-2006, 01:55 PM
thanks
chuck
you can use ipod agent to remove songs from ipod and add them to your hard drive. You just have to be sure to disable the autmatic update on your itunes or it will over write all the songs on the ipod when plugged in.
I think the new version is pay but i have the old version (free) you can download here: http://www.riverholic.com/ipodagent071.zip

intense
04-19-2006, 05:20 PM
you can use ipod agent to remove songs from ipod and add them to your hard drive. You just have to be sure to disable the autmatic update on your itunes or it will over write all the songs on the ipod when plugged in.
I think the new version is pay but i have the old version (free) you can download here: http://www.riverholic.com/ipodagent071.zip
Is this the same thing ROZ is sending to people?

ROZ
04-19-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm sure it's similar.. I have the podplayerpackage .. I got it from JRuiz a while back.. :boxed:

JMC
04-20-2006, 10:52 AM
http://www.ipodsoft.com/index.php?/software/podplayer