PDA

View Full Version : Ming Fling Results-Heaven "N" Hell

Willis
09-27-2004, 06:27 PM
September 27, 2004
Hello every one,
First I'd like to thanks to Mike Miller for the "Pop Off Valve", Tom Papp for support in the temp repairs that got us, #149 Tunami Boat to the winners circle of Blown Gas Jet.
I think the River Race Class had a ball out there, we want to see you :messedup: next month to set the record straight. :sqeyes:
Here are the un-official winners of the NJBA Ming Fling Boat Drag Races of September 2004. :coffeycup
Mod Jet Boat 460 Kenny Myers, Caution II
2nd Place Boat 698 Steve Brule, Real Head Over Hills
PGJ Jet Boat 790 Mike Harlin
2nd Place Boat 19 Mark Roznos, Sweet Thunder II
UBFJ Boat 454 Mike Sampica, Black Mamba
No second place
BGJ Boat 149 Willis Johns, Tsunami
2nd Place 009 Tom Rainville, OdinÂ’s Warrior
SF Boat 825 Tony Scarlata, Bling Bling
2nd Place 545 Steve Boyce, Culmination
CF Boat 252 Michael Jewell, Heebie Jeebie
2nd Place 104 Tom Holm, Color Me Gone
PGF Boat 766 Greg Synder, The Abyss
2nd Place 788 Brian Pinckney, Lost Wages
BGF Boat 197 Steve Sharp, Liquid Lust
2nd Place 353 Duane Klassen, Just For Fun
TAF Boat 010 Bill Diez, All Lit Up
2nd Place 076 Don Bausher, Habit Forming III
PGH Boat 737 Mike Torgerson, High Maintenance
2nd Place 223 Philip Sparks, Lock N Load
TAH Boat 619 Darrin Christle, Quick Shot
2nd Place 510 Joe Blattler, Never Enuff
PM Boat 538 Steve Rieder, Shocker
2nd Place 521 Jim Streatch, Pure Nasty
13:00-13:99 Boat 097 Sam Villavicencio, Fire Me Up
2n Place 5900 Kevin Lynch, Blowin Beer Money
11-11:99 Boat 009 Tom Rainville, OdinÂ’s Warrior
2nd Place 003 Lloyd Bell, Top Dog
10.5-10:99 Boat 028 Tom Bandy, Hallet Hath No Fury
2nd Place 002 Rolph Sammons, License 2 Thrill
10.-10:49 .Boat 298 Bob Prigmore, Abracadabra
2nd Place 129 Shaun Forrest, Blu by U
9.5-9.99 Boat 044 Doug Northup, Peanut Butter
2nd Place 532 Gene McKee, Quick Lid
9.0-9.49 Boat 628 David Reiswig, Sucidal Tendencies
2nd Place 541 Bob Breece, Reckless Mood
8.5-8.99 Boat 777 Dale Pinckney, Fightin Whitie
2nd Place 454 Mike Sampica, Black Mamba
8.0-8.49 Boat 788 Brian Pinckney, Lost Wages
2nd Place 104 Tom Holm, Color Me Gone
7.5-7.99 No First
2nd Place 5150 Bill Rathke, Still Crazy
7.0-7.49 No First
2nd Place 510 Joe Blattler, Never Enuff
:rolleyes: Classes not listed were ran in other groups with out 1st place winner 2004.
Willis

jweeks123
09-27-2004, 11:47 PM
thanks for your efforts here willis. looks like you added to your trophy shelf.
jw

pops1
09-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Willis, I know how hard you worked to bring NJBA's program back to life.
I have gone thru this boards comments on this week ends Race and you played a big role in making it happen. I took my 10 year old granddaughter to school today (tuesday). She is still wearing her Green arm band from the races"
Yesterday she shared her new Lake Ming Races T-Shirt at school, and asked me Pop can we go next time and I get a Photo with a Racer and his boat.
So its like we talked, NJBA is about Family Fun & Racing, when you let those BIG DOGs open up that garage door hook up the trailer, tell the family to get in were going to go racing. Its just Good People, Having Good Fun.
From my Granddaughter Hannah and myself, Thank You NJBA.

victorfb
09-28-2004, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=pops1]
I took my 10 year old granddaughter to school today (tuesday). She is still wearing her Green arm band from the races"
Yesterday she shared her new Lake Ming Races T-Shirt at school, and asked me Pop can we go next time and I get a Photo with a Racer and his boat.
now youve done it. grown men are not supposed to cry. (opening eyes wide to try and see the screen). that is waaaaaaaaaay cool man. can you imagine the grin on the lucky racers face when that little girl asks if she can have a pic of her with the boat and driver? atta boy Pops1. :D

djdtpr
09-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Willis thanks for helping make it possible to go out and try it,we had a blast and also thanks for the bolt you loaned me.When i was having some problems and the motor backfired through the intake it pulled one of the blower studs and i had no extras,thanks again.
Danny

bp
09-28-2004, 12:01 PM
great job willis. check your pm's regarding what we talked about.

uclahater
09-28-2004, 12:05 PM
You guys have made me want to go buy a Drag Boat and start racing it :D :D
I wonder if the wife will let me circle, and drag race :cool: :2purples: :hammerhea

cyclone
09-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Willis- can river racers also run a bracket class? I'd like to run a bracket and the RR class at the october and november races. How much would that cost in addition to the $100 membership I paid at the Sept. race?
-mike

77charger
09-28-2004, 01:43 PM
good job willis.I remember at the meeting last year when i went you sounded like you didnt like the way things were going and decided to do something about it and run for the board.Good job in bringin changes

bp
09-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Willis- can river racers also run a bracket class? I'd like to run a bracket and the RR class at the october and november races. How much would that cost in addition to the $100 membership I paid at the Sept. race?
-mike
mike i thought we went all through this once already. willis worked this deal so people could come out and run the $75 rr deal on a recurring basis. but, rr and competition are two different things. as i understood it, and i thought it was clear, you can either run rr, or enter competition but you cannot do both. once you take the step into competition you are done with the rr deal.
early registration for a bracket is 250. step up to a second class (in your case, bgj) is another 120. i would like to run the 10 for 250, and 4 rr laps for 75 myself, instead of 3 pgj laps for 120, but it ain't happenin, so i do what i can.
if you're ready to dance, come on in.

77charger
09-28-2004, 02:19 PM
cyclone you and cs19 should do the brackets it will really get your guys attention on the rope for sure(a competition thing)like if you lose you go home ,etc so it will bring the best out of you guys.As for there being a class that depends on you guys i think they need at least 2 people to qualify to make a class.Last year it was an avg of 6-7 people and you never know who will show up.(dont worry about me showing)with numbers like you guys ran i would have loved to race you guys since my boat was right there last year.and i like the competition.I dont think i'll be racin for a while but you never know if i do get back in it it will be a 8.0 class.

cyclone
09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
mike i thought we went all through this once already. willis worked this deal so people could come out and run the $75 rr deal on a recurring basis. but, rr and competition are two different things. as i understood it, and i thought it was clear, you can either run rr, or enter competition but you cannot do both. once you take the step into competition you are done with the rr deal.
early registration for a bracket is 250. step up to a second class (in your case, bgj) is another 120. i would like to run the 10 for 250, and 4 rr laps for 75 myself, instead of 3 pgj laps for 120, but it ain't happenin, so i do what i can.
if you're ready to dance, come on in.
oh yeah ok i do remember reading that at some point. my bad.

cyclone
09-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Willis- What was your winning run (ET/MPH)in the BGJ class? I'm curious how far off I am from you.

MAXIMUS
09-28-2004, 03:10 PM
You guys have made me want to go buy a Drag Boat and start racing it :D :D
I wonder if the wife will let me circle, and drag race :cool: :2purples: :hammerhea
Hey you could always ride shotgun in my tuna scooner... We could start a new class... Bench racers bracket!!! :rollside: :notam:

victorfb
09-28-2004, 03:38 PM
so let me see if i am understanding this.
RR "class" really is basically a practice type deal to get familiar with the entire set up of racing. you arent actually competing untill you join a class and start bracket racing. the RR is just a time and speed check so you have bragging rights sort of speak.
is there a class for just time, meaning the quikest to the finish line? or is it allways a bracket were you need to run the same times as close as possible on each run?
forgive my ignorance, but id like to learn and understand.
by looking at the list of classes, what i am figuring is that if you want to run bracket you need to first see what your boat times out at (looks like 13:00-13:99 would be the slowest class) so if you time out at 13:25 then that would be the class you race in. but what if you get a great run and put out a time of 12:25?does that mean you are disqualified? (sand baggin)?

Willis
09-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Cyclone,
:argue:
I'm not the one you need to worry about, Fuentez has the psi blower and if he gets it together, the tune up, he'll be in the 8's. :eek:
As far as my numbers go, I'm off, et-8.6-8.8, mph 120+
But who knows what happens at the track!
Several RR boats ran better than I did, they were not registered as a full member.
Hope to have those issues out of the mix next time :cool:
Willis

uclahater
09-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Hey you could always ride shotgun in my tuna scooner... We could start a new class... Bench racers bracket!!! :rollside: :notam:
Im in :D :D :D

bp
09-28-2004, 06:28 PM
so let me see if i am understanding this.
RR "class" really is basically a practice type deal to get familiar with the entire set up of racing. you arent actually competing untill you join a class and start bracket racing. the RR is just a time and speed check so you have bragging rights sort of speak.
is there a class for just time, meaning the quikest to the finish line? or is it allways a bracket were you need to run the same times as close as possible on each run?
forgive my ignorance, but id like to learn and understand.
yes, river racer is a "get acquainted" practice type deal. this allows first timers an easy way to find out what it is like, how there boats run, try some different things with their boats, etc. it used to be a -one time- deal, 4 laps for $75. as a result of people saying they wanted to do this more than once, or several times before deciding to actually step into racing, willis has worked with njba to allow that to happen. it can be for bragging rights, but it's more of a learning experience. i think anyone that went for the first time this past weekend will tell you they learned a whole lot more than just how fast their boat might go.
the second part to your question is that there are "classes" and there are "brackets" in njba. "classes" for jets include ski jet (460ci), comp jet (470ci), mod jet (480 ci), pro gas jet (515ci, njba only), unblown fuel jet (big ci), blown gas jet (big ci), and blown alky jet. the cubic inches, and in some cases the carb size and mods are the only limits. as you might be able to guess, the only real limits are your imagination and pocketbook, to be in a real top competition class boat.
the brackets run from 7 seconds to 12 seconds, half second increments through the 11 second bracket. for 11 on up (slower), it is broken into 1 second increments. while i might say i run in the 10 second "class", or "modified eliminator class" (ihba/sdba/cdba), that "class" is really a bracket, which can be confusing for a newby. running the 10 means i can run as close to 10 as possible without going under.
by looking at the list of classes, what i am figuring is that if you want to run bracket you need to first see what your boat times out at (looks like 13:00-13:99 would be the slowest class) so if you time out at 13:25 then that would be the class you race in. but what if you get a great run and put out a time of 12:25?does that mean you are disqualified? (sand baggin)?
if there are two boats running in the same time slot, without sandbagging, there will be a class for them. NJBA has always done things that way and will continue to do so. if you run a 13 second bracket boat, and there is another one, there will be a class for you. just make sure your boat starts, you run it through and drive off the course at the end ;)
if you are in the 13 second bracket, and you run a 12.25, you just broke out and you are dq'd. you can not slow down to try and stay within your bracket; you must run pedal down all the way through or you will be dq'd for sandbagging. the morale of that story is that you must learn a lot about your boat that you probably don't know, such as what it will run, and how different setups affect the et it will run.
as far as running rr, if for example, you had an rr "class rep", you could decide to run a "game within the game", such as a gambler type event. in other words, declare the et you will run before going in, and the closest without going under wins. but, that takes work and organization, and someone to keep track of things.
otherwise you can just run rr to get more seat time which is really important, or run the bracket and perhaps a class if you want, to really test yourself. for cyclone, as willis said, you never really know what the blower guys are gonna do. ron is still trying to get things together, and every once in awhile willis throws a part over the side :D . as robert indicated, the competition is really where the rush is.

Cs19
09-28-2004, 07:16 PM
77 Charger, I want to run a bracket more than anything.Thats my long term goal, but I want to get the most out of my time and money while at the track since Im floating the bill for this.
There are a few things that concern me about running the 9.5 bracket though.
We ran a 9.51 in the heat of the day last weekend, and between the air only getting better the next races and us wanting to continue trying hardware changes,etc. I see myself having a problem of having to keep the boat like it is or having to slow it down, and thats not what I want to do right now. I want to see what we can get out of this thing, we only worked on getting the attitude safe so I could get through the weekend and get some safe laps under my belt.Chances are good we can drop a few tenths without touching the engine, but the 9.0 bracket is not possible by anymeans, I just dont have the horsepower to get there right now, which is fine, I just dont see myself getting my moneys worth doing a bracket.RR is probably where i will be for a while.
Maybe us river racer guys should set up our little "dial in to your et" competition or something, that could be fun. Don was pretty cool about us being able to pick who we run against,etc. so it could easily be done. jsut a thought..Cs19

victorfb
09-28-2004, 07:25 PM
cool. i think im pickin up what your layin down. :D thanks for the detailed explanation.

cyclone
09-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Cyclone,
:argue:
I'm not the one you need to worry about, Fuentez has the psi blower and if he gets it together, the tune up, he'll be in the 8's. :eek:
As far as my numbers go, I'm off, et-8.6-8.8, mph 120+
But who knows what happens at the track!
Several RR boats ran better than I did, they were not registered as a full member.
Hope to have those issues out of the mix next time :cool:
Willis
wow I've got a long way to go to get into the 8's. Thanks for the info though. I'll keep working on it and see how far the boat and engine will take me.

cyclone
09-29-2004, 09:22 AM
77 Charger, I want to run a bracket more than anything.Thats my long term goal, but I want to get the most out of my time and money while at the track since Im floating the bill for this.
There are a few things that concern me about running the 9.5 bracket though.
We ran a 9.51 in the heat of the day last weekend, and between the air only getting better the next races and us wanting to continue trying hardware changes,etc. I see myself having a problem of having to keep the boat like it is or having to slow it down, and thats not what I want to do right now. I want to see what we can get out of this thing, we only worked on getting the attitude safe so I could get through the weekend and get some safe laps under my belt.Chances are good we can drop a few tenths without touching the engine, but the 9.0 bracket is not possible by anymeans, I just dont have the horsepower to get there right now, which is fine, I just dont see myself getting my moneys worth doing a bracket.RR is probably where i will be for a while.
Maybe us river racer guys should set up our little "dial in to your et" competition or something, that could be fun. Don was pretty cool about us being able to pick who we run against,etc. so it could easily be done. jsut a thought..Cs19
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I've yet to touch the hardware under the boat yet or pull the interior out of the boat. I think I'll stick to RR the last two races and see how quick I can get the boat and then next season step into a class and a bracket. I think I can get close to 9.0 once I lose the coctail seating, false floor, saddle tanks etc. We'll just have to see...

djdtpr
09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Maybe us river racer guys should set up our little "dial in to your et" competition or something, that could be fun. Don was pretty cool about us being able to pick who we run against,etc. so it could easily be done. jsut a thought..Cs19[/QUOTE]
I am definatel down for that it would be a great time.
"WATCH THE LIGHTS" :D

MAXIMUS
09-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Im in :D :D :D
GOOD!!! Now all we need is your biatch lucky in the back seat keeping an eye on the competition! :hammerhea :messedup: ;)

Squirtin Thunder
09-29-2004, 04:08 PM
We could have our own trophy or something like that.
Jim

uclahater
09-29-2004, 05:00 PM
GOOD!!! Now all we need is your biatch lucky in the back seat keeping an eye on the competition! :hammerhea :messedup: ;)
:cool: :2purples: :2purples: :D :2purples: :2purples: :cool:

Willis
09-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Hello every one,
NJBA Results now posted
http://www.njbaracing.net/results/2004/09/rr.php :supp:
Check out those RR numbers :idea:
Willis