PDA

View Full Version : It's diet time..........

Sherpa
09-28-2004, 06:21 AM
this will be fun... not. last time I lost about 40 on atkins. but we all know
you can't have: beer, cafeine, carbs=chips-bread-everything, and fruit
is high in carbs............
so, now the fruits aren't in high season so not as much temptation.. summers
over, so not too hot to need beer (I know, oxymoron) so now I have been
cattle-prodded from my employer who is doing physicals on all of us who
work in the fab... (checking for chemical crap, respirator training)
I gotta drop some lb's............ wife is doing the eat every 2 hour dealio...
--what works for you all'-?
--Sherpa

superdave013
09-28-2004, 06:57 AM
put down the fork and go ride a bike

Mrs. casean
09-28-2004, 07:20 AM
I lost 23 lbs from march to aug and all I did was eat right 5 days a week and eat what I wanted 2 dinners or lunches a week. I worked out 3 days for 45 min (run/walk/jog/bicycle) minimun and wala... it really wasn't bad... but I do love salads so that helped. I ate salads every day for lunch, or a healthy sandwich, I limited my fat intake big time... and low cal and low carbs all together and I never gained it back even after a good weekend. Good luck w/ you goal!

racecar.hotshoe
09-28-2004, 07:30 AM
I lost 23 lbs from march to aug and all I did was eat right 5 days a week and eat what I wanted 2 dinners or lunches a week. I worked out 3 days for 45 min (run/walk/jog/bicycle) minimun and wala... it really wasn't bad... but I do love salads so that helped. I ate salads every day for lunch, or a healthy sandwich, I limited my fat intake big time... and low cal and low carbs all together and I never gained it back even after a good weekend. Good luck w/ you goal!WE know about your workout deal!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif

Mrs. casean
09-28-2004, 07:32 AM
WE know about your workout deal!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/focking.gif
Sean wished that was my main source of exercise! That only works the abs and inner thighs :D

rrrr
09-28-2004, 07:34 AM
We just got back from a week in the Northeast. Spent a couple of days in NYC and the rest in Newport, RI. I don't think I missed any meals, and drank cold ones nonstop for eight days.
Uh, suddenly my pants are way too tight.... :cry:
I'll be eating salad for lunch for a while. :yuk:

Mrs. casean
09-28-2004, 07:37 AM
We just got back from a week in the Northeast. Spent a couple of days in NYC and the rest in Newport, RI. I don't think I missed any meals, and drank cold ones nonstop for eight days.
Uh, suddenly my pants are way too tight.... :cry:
I'll be eating salad for lunch for a while. :yuk:
Sounds like a good time! A few salads and you'll be right back to normal :D Oh Big Key... Fat Free Dressing or Low Fat! No regular 12-18 grams or it's pointless!

mirvin
09-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey Sherpa. It sounds like you had success with Atkins but maybe you didn't work your way through all the phases to end up with a sustainable eating strategy. Or what they call "mantainance"......
Do it again but this time finish all the phases and you'll be good. I've been on mantainace for almost 2 years and am right at my target weight. Yeah you get sloppy sometimes but all you gotta do is eat right more often then not and work out a few time a week to make it work.
mirvin :shift:

HCS
09-28-2004, 09:48 AM
I lost 40lbs on my own diet. Eat less and exercise, it actually works.
Iv'e kept the weight of also by maintaining my diet.
I still drink the beer though. If you exercise the carbs are good for you.

Mrs. casean
09-28-2004, 09:52 AM
I lost 40lbs on my own diet. Eat less and exercise, it actually works.
Iv'e kept the weight of also by maintaining my diet.
I still drink the beer though. If you exercise the carbs are good for you.
Thats the key... exercise! you're so right...

PHX ATC
09-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Exercise, my friend.
Discipline and drive. It'll come...stick with it! :cool:

Debbolas
09-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Matt (Scream) lost a bunch of weight with Atkins. He started in Feb and has gone from a 2XL down to a XL (he is 6ft4, so big boned and all)
I think salads and exercise is the way to go (IMO), but cutting carbs has really worked for Matt ;)

LUVNLIFE
09-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Not from personal experiance, but it looks like if you pick up a large drug habit the pounds just come right off :jawdrop: :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Not from personal experiance, but it looks like if you pick up a large drug habit the pounds just come right off :jawdrop: :D
Thanks that's the best advice I'ver heard yet. I will look into that right away. Have any hook ups for me. :D :D

Dawn Patrol
09-28-2004, 07:24 PM
I remember the Days when I only weighed 140lbs...... :D

cc322
09-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Body for life, get the book follow the plan , it has you eating 6 times a day and a workout rotuine. It lets you eat the wright foods and even gives you a cheat day

Mrs.Racer277
09-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Body for life, get the book follow the plan , it has you eating 6 times a day and a workout rotuine. It lets you eat the wright foods and even gives you a cheat day
Don't you have to drink alot of EAS and work out atleast six times a day. :cry:

WopOnWater
09-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Sherpa try e-diets.com. I lost 35 lbs. The diet lets you eat a varity of foods so the diet does not get boring. The program gives a meal plan (that you can tailor to what you like), and a shopping list. At last years Super Bowl they had a reciepe for chilie that I served at a party and and bobody even knew it was diet chilie. The damn pigs at the whole crock pot. Once it was gone I told everybody it was diet chilie and nobody believed me until I showed them the reciepe. Anyway the diet is easy and works.

HammerDown
09-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Went from 248 :supp: 42" pants late last winter down to 200 and back into a 33 pant. I really balloned up drinking alot of sweets and cakes etc. to get a sugar rush inorder to get home from work.
Don't drink much beer, never really did but now it's Mick Ultra or Captian and Diet Coke. I Eat plenty of veggies, Meat, some Eggs, Bacon etc... and bust the hell out of Pizza Hut Buffet once a week :rolleyes: , they now offer a low carb pie. I cut down on ALL Pasta (not easy being a Wap) :notam: And no sugar etc. Low carb Pancakes>(low carb success) and zero carb maple syrup>(Josephs brand) are excellent when ya need that sweet tast and something different for the morning.
The doc just took me off Lipitor due to the fact that my cholesterol was even lower eating the above foods vs Lipitor with breads, sugars etc. We'll re-check in 3 months. :rollside:
Carbs are the :devil:

rrrr
09-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Dang, I just need to travel out to East Texas and find a source.... :D
Only bad thing is dealing with those psycho attacks.
I hate it when big flying bats attack you for no reason. :eek: :eek: