PDA

View Full Version : Laser 25' Fury

Speedin' Ian
09-28-2004, 10:37 AM
What can you guys tell me about this boat? Pros and Cons? A friend of mine is looking at the one that was at the LongBeach boat show, it has a 525 but he is going to have them put in the 496HO. How does it handle, how fast is it with that motor, etc...? It does not have trim tabs, is that you guys think it would need?

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 10:43 AM
fast boat....
I've ridden in one w/496HO that ran 68 (I think) GPS lake mohave in July (110+ degrees that day)
I would recommend tabs w/a 496HO :D
Your friend should also seriously check out the Stealth 252
link Stealth Marine (http://www.stealthmarine.com)

FRENCHIE
09-28-2004, 10:44 AM
or what about that boat the 25' Tremor....i think SHOCKWAVE MAKES IT !!! AND SOLD A RECORD ## THIS YEAR!!??? :confused: ;) ;) :hammer2:

Speedin' Ian
09-28-2004, 10:51 AM
I think he was quoted low 60's for the boat with 496HO, does this seem reasonable? Could he get a new Tremor for that much? What is the difference between the Lazer and the Stealth, I know they are the same molds, but is the rigging different? Standard features, etc...?

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 10:55 AM
I think he was quoted low 60's for the boat with 496HO, does this seem reasonable? Could he get a new Tremor for that much? What is the difference between the Lazer and the Stealth, I know they are the same molds, but is the rigging different? Standard features, etc...?
Check your PM's

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 10:57 AM
or what about that boat the 25' Tremor....i think SHOCKWAVE MAKES IT !!! AND SOLD A RECORD ## THIS YEAR!!??? :confused: ;) ;) :hammer2:
the 25' Tremor is a great boat also...
Thanks FRENCHIE I almost forgot...
Frenchie knows better than me, but I'm pretty sure a new Tremor with a 496HO would be low 70's plus tax.

FRENCHIE
09-28-2004, 10:57 AM
ALmost definately not low 60's for a new Tremor with 496h.o...but prob witha 496 mag!!! :notam:

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 10:59 AM
ALmost definately not low 60's for a new Tremor with 496h.o...but prob witha 496 mag!!! :notam:
they're only 3k apart usually....

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Stealth builds about 6 boats a year. Lots of man hours go into each, they're rigged nice :D
Dan <---maybe should consider selling boats instead of SERVICE on cars :D

FRENCHIE
09-28-2004, 11:01 AM
they're only 3k apart usually....
yea about that...so you can def get a mag for low 60's unless prices wnet up this year??? :cool:

Roxysnow
09-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Are you sure you want to go that route, Bayliner was looking really strong at the boat show! just joking! Check out the Tremor, it's a solid boat and a good rep!

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 11:02 AM
yea about that...so you can def get a mag for low 60's unless prices wnet up this year??? :cool:
you know how they do it....Merc raises the prices a little each year, builder up a percent or two as well...

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Ian the 26' Kachina Force is a nice boat in the same price/size range also...

FRENCHIE
09-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Ian the 26' Kachina Force is a nice boat in the same price/size range also...
just leave the motor stock though!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :hammer2: :eek: :p

AquaBoogie
09-28-2004, 11:37 AM
A friend of mine has the 25' Laser. It's a very nice boat IMO. He got it with the 496HO. It has a pretty nice hole shot and top speed for that size boat/motor package.

Stealth Marine
09-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Dan <---maybe should consider selling boats instead of SERVICE on cars :D
Looking for a little Moonlighting eh??

Speedin' Ian
09-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all the responses! I am going to pass along some info. to him this evening. First of all I am going to tell him to look into Stealth/Cheetah/Kachina before he signs on the dotted line for the Laser, then I am going to tell him to have Laser explain why their boat is 8-10k more than the stealth. I will let you know what he decides. Anyone know the wait on the three other builders I listed?

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Looking for a little Moonlighting eh??
just seemed as though I have a passion for boats :idea:

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the responses! I am going to pass along some info. to him this evening. First of all I am going to tell him to look into Stealth/Cheetah/Kachina before he signs on the dotted line for the Laser, then I am going to tell him to have Laser explain why their boat is 8-10k more than the stealth. I will let you know what he decides. Anyone know the wait on the three other builders I listed?
Cheetah prob 8-10 weeks
I would figure Stealth about the same (little help here Chris)
Not sure about Kachina, same ballpark I would imagine

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Ian if your friend needs a ride, I know Stealth is building a new demo boat. Prob ready in a few weeks.
I'll offer up my 29 for a demo ride, got a friend w/a 25' Fury that I'm sure would offer a ride.
Kachina26 would prob offer a ride in that too...
FRENCHIE (our resident shockwave slut) would prob give a demo as well

Essex502
09-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Laser Boats has common owners with Essex boats so have your friend ask about how the layup is down on all of the boats. Also, make sure he compares apples to apples and not to oranges when it comes to included features. The Laser's and Essex's usually give you a lot of stuff standard that other boat builders charge extra for as options.
You can ask Moneypit on LasVegas***boats.com for his opinion on the Laser 25' as he owns one. I believe it is also a 425HO and reportedly runs 70+, I think. He'd be happy to tell you his experiences.

dicudmore
09-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Laser Boats has common owners with Essex boats so have your friend ask about how the layup is down on all of the boats. Also, make sure he compares apples to apples and not to oranges when it comes to included features. The Laser's and Essex's usually give you a lot of stuff standard that other boat builders charge extra for as options.
You can ask Moneypit on LasVegas***boats.com for his opinion on the Laser 25' as he owns one. I believe it is also a 425HO and reportedly runs 70+, I think. He'd be happy to tell you his experiences.
that was the very same boat I spoke of sir :D