PDA

View Full Version : Best Tow Vehicle for Heavy Boats

Huckleberry
09-28-2004, 12:03 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my current tow vehicle. I have an 01 2500 Yukon XL $WD with the 8.1 motor. I have a tough pull going up the grades pulling my boat. The boat and trailer weigh out around 13,000 lbs dry. It's time to upgrade to a diesel.
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Chevy with the Duramax in it. I'm a true GM man myself and wanted to keep it that way. My neighbor has one and agreed to allow me to do a test tow with it. There's a fairly large hill by my house that I've tested my Burb on. I took the same hill with the Duramax and was very disappointed! My Burb actually pulled up the hill FASTER than the Duramax. WTF??? When driving down the freeway it felt like there was a load on the tranny all the time. When I let off the gas, the tranny started braking and would not coast.
I've also pulled up the same hill with a relative's 2004 Dodge with the Cummins. It was a true towing monster, but I've heard mixed reviews on their trannys. Haven't tried the Ford Powerstroke yet.
Has anyone seen or read a side by side towing comparison of the three trucks? I know this will likely star a Ford/Chevy/Dodge war.

STV_Keith
09-28-2004, 12:06 PM
You can't beat the Cummins power/upgradeability. The new Dodges are real nice, but the trans still takes back seat to the Allison, stock to stock. If your plan is to keep it stock or very mildly upgraded, and you have to have an auto, I'd go with the Dmax.
If you can deal with a manual, you can't beat the Cummins w/6-speed manual trans for towing.

Havasu Hangin'
09-28-2004, 04:29 PM
13,000 lbs? Are you sure? :jawdrop:

Lightning
09-28-2004, 05:18 PM
I took the same hill with the Duramax and was very disappointed! My Burb actually pulled up the hill FASTER than the Duramax. WTF??? When driving down the freeway it felt like there was a load on the tranny all the time. When I let off the gas, the tranny started braking and would not coast.
How many miles did the DMAX have on it, they take about 10k to 15k to break in. When on the freeway, was it in tow/haul mode? Sounds like it was.

Hallett
09-28-2004, 05:27 PM
I Have The New 6 Speed Dodge And It Tows Very Well
The Power Is Great. Love The Truck.

cc322
09-28-2004, 05:50 PM
That,s one heavy boat?

don johnson
09-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Huckleberry and I both have the same boat and they are very heavy! Mine weighs in at 11,600 lbs.
I just bought an 2005 8.1L 2500 Suburban and am also disatisfied with pulling the steep grades... Recently put headers and cat back which helped a lot...

Daytona 25
09-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Check into some of the ecm upgrades. I am not sure about the 8.1 but the 6.0's have a torque limiting feature which delays w.o.t. application for a few moments. This occurs even in tow/haul mode.I think I saw a thread here further describing it.
The allison trans will not coast. It is designed to assist in braking when in the tow/haul mode. My experience with the duramax compared to my 7.3 Excursion was that it did not seem to generate the torque off idle.
What kind of boat with that much weight?

DryHeatOnly
09-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Gentlemen, I know I'm taking my life into my own hands here but here goes...
I own an '04 Ford PSD 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed. The truck is stock w/ 3.73's. I tow a 28' Blaze-N Toyhauler (pull trailer) which weighs 7600 pounds dry. I'm figuring with full tanks, 5 quads, and gear I'm towing over 10k pounds. Add six passengers and a 6th quad in the bed too ;)
I have been completely satisfied with the towing power. The biggest grade I've been up is Cajon Pass where I was cruising an easy 60mph (I had more to give too). The road to Glamis doesn't have any serious grades other than the 60 leaving Moreno Valley (windy uphiller where the truck pulls faster than I wantr to go). Coming home I can run it hard (sorry about that) up the I-10 by the windmills into the headwind. I don't feel like I'm lacking for power. The tranny does it's job too. Same type of downshifting functions and holds shifts longer as the Allison does.
I'm not going to bag on the D-Max although I've had the same friendly Ford vs. Chevy "wars" with my friends. My buddy has an '03 Chevy D-Max (same config as mine). He kept wanting to drag race me (he's stock also). When we finally got it done, in 4 different runs I inched away each time. Not by much (1/2 a truck length) but they were very short runs. Anyway, we both agreed that we settled that one.
During one of our Glamis trips. We took the golf cart out and went through about 3 washes. I'm not exagerrating when I say there was a 10-to-1 ratio of Ford PSD's over D-Maxes pulling trailers. The guys that had the DMaxes all seemed to have them chipped w/4" exhaust. I know this isn't a scientfic study but it was interesting. Make your own conclusions.
I know the new Dmax has increased power. Another friend just bought one. He tows a 31' Weekend Warrior 5th wheel (he carries less gear than me). That little hill by the windmills will sure be fun when we run 'em up there ;) :D
I know that most of us like power. I know that some of us will modify our trucks to get more of it. Right now I'm satisfied I can pull any hill I want. Now, once I put bigger tires that could change. I'm thinking 35's at the most. I'm expecting that I'll lose a little bottom end. We'll see.
BTW...This is my first Ford. I've been happy so far.

Huckleberry
09-29-2004, 05:48 AM
What kind of boat with that much weight?
It's a 33 Daytona. It was weigh at Lake X and came in a portly 10,100 lbs! :jawdrop:

Huckleberry
09-29-2004, 05:52 AM
How many miles did the DMAX have on it, they take about 10k to 15k to break in. When on the freeway, was it in tow/haul mode? Sounds like it was.
My buddy had right around 40,000 miles on it. And, yes it was in the tow/haul mode. I figured it should have been in tow/haul due to the weight of the load behind me.

BILLY.B
09-29-2004, 06:18 AM
I just purchased a 2005 F-350 powerstroke dually to tow a 40ft Warrior with my flat bottom inside. Total weight is around 15,000 loaded. Pulled Cajon at 55mph with more to spare ( truck had 125 miles on it when I did this). Truck rides awesome and has a ton of pulling power. I have posted my 94 Chevy dually for sale on this site for the simple reason that I felt with the amount of weight that I was going to be towing I needed to go with the Ford 6.0 as everything that I have read it seems to be the one. Just my .02.

jet4fun
09-29-2004, 06:30 AM
My buddy had right around 40,000 miles on it. And, yes it was in the tow/haul mode. I figured it should have been in tow/haul due to the weight of the load behind me.
the reason the truck wouldn't coast and felt like it was dragging when you let off the gas is because it is supposed to do that in the tow/haul mode. i dont know about the dodge but the ford and chevy both do it. i think the idea is to try and help save the brakes a little, same idea as a stick shift... i have an 04 stroke and was a chevy man too. i read a lot of tests where they said the ford out-pulled the other two, plus i wanted a straight axle front with leaf springs, that kinda sealed the deal. i hate IFS front ends and chev was gonna give me 0% interest versus the 3.99% i got from ford... the 05 ford is supposed to be cool too, they added 10 ft. lbs. of torque (big whoop), and changed the front end to coil spring (which is why i didnt wait another month for an 05)... but the coolest thing on the ford is that you can get the trailer brake controller factory installed in the dash, i like that

STV_Keith
09-29-2004, 07:08 AM
For those of you with the Suburbans, if you are going to keep them, at least get a GOOD program in them. It will help some. Get in touch with Steve at TTS Power System in So. Cal. 310-669-8101.
He's the guy that GM calls for custom tunes for their SEMA cars and such.

Sane Asylum
09-29-2004, 07:53 AM
I'm looking to upgrade my current tow vehicle. I have an 01 2500 Yukon XL $WD with the 8.1 motor. I have a tough pull going up the grades pulling my boat. The boat and trailer weigh out around 13,000 lbs dry. It's time to upgrade to a diesel.
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a Chevy with the Duramax in it. I'm a true GM man myself and wanted to keep it that way. My neighbor has one and agreed to allow me to do a test tow with it. There's a fairly large hill by my house that I've tested my Burb on. I took the same hill with the Duramax and was very disappointed! My Burb actually pulled up the hill FASTER than the Duramax. WTF??? When driving down the freeway it felt like there was a load on the tranny all the time. When I let off the gas, the tranny started braking and would not coast.
I've also pulled up the same hill with a relative's 2004 Dodge with the Cummins. It was a true towing monster, but I've heard mixed reviews on their trannys. Haven't tried the Ford Powerstroke yet.
Has anyone seen or read a side by side towing comparison of the three trucks? I know this will likely star a Ford/Chevy/Dodge war.
You guys kill me with this subjective banter. I've got an 04' Duramax, 3/4 ton, 4WD, with a 4.10 rear end.
Let's do math....your 8.1 has about 425-450 ft lbs of torque (I have an 02' dually crew cab with an 8.1/Allison package sitting in my driveway). I don't know what rear end you have in it, and how much your burb/boat weighs while under tow( it has to be the combined weight, not just the weight of the boat).
A D'max has 600 ft lbs of torque. I think the dodge has 610 fl lbs. HP doesn't mean chit when you're talking about towing. Just this spec (ft. lbs.) means the diesels are going to perform better than your burb or any 8.1 for that matter. The engine does need to be broken in before you'll see the max performance.
If you felt like the dodge performed better it may have been due to the combined weight being less or the dodge may have been broken in, or your entry speed to the hill was greater.....Whatever.......Dunno :idea:
Point is.......Math says the D'Max will outpull the 8.1. It does everytime in my case as I've pulled the exact same boat (32' Sunsation Dominator w/twin 496HO's) with both my trucks.
My father in law had an 01 Dodge 3/4 ton with the cummins. He loved the motor but hated the rest of the truck. Reason he sold was the front end issues with the heavier engine (front end wore out after 85K miles). He pulls a 5th wheel camper about 60K miles a year. He just bought a new duramax. He tows more than any of the folks on this board...
I don't give a shit what people buy....To each his own....How bout holdin off on busting the nuts of the D'max owners...People are kinda sensative about their trucks....... :p

UnionJack
09-29-2004, 05:48 PM
really happy with my duramax

PHX ATC
09-29-2004, 06:42 PM
I personally think diesel is the way to go if you're at all worried about your heavy stuff that you haul. By simply being worried about your weight (trailer pulling) I think you would be happier with a diesel.
All 3 brands are good and have their shortcomings.
Good luck.

N2Lake
09-30-2004, 05:53 AM
I personally think diesel is the way to go if you're at all worried about your heavy stuff that you haul. By simply being worried about your weight (trailer pulling) I think you would be happier with a diesel.
I agree, just make sure whatever you get it is a diesel! I went for 35 months without a diesel truck, that is too long.

dtr352
09-30-2004, 08:01 AM
You guys are all nuts. I have a 01 chevy 2500hd 6.0. It pulls a 40ft fleetwood fifth wheel at 70 all the way from so cal to havasu no problem. Does it scream up the hills, of coarse but it does it. A diesel has way more torque so it will pull much better but it won't really extend your limits. Just got an 04 2500 duramax. It pulls the same hills at the same speed. The real difference is I don't have to fill up twice to get there. Also the compresion braking of the alison is your best friend on the downhills. Don't even use the breaks, just cruise. It all comes down to preferance because all the big trucks will pull the hills.

PHX ATC
09-30-2004, 08:45 AM
I agree, the 6.0 and all the other gassers will pull pretty much all the hills in the continental US. A simple fact of diesels making more torque will allow the diesel engine to pull a hill faster than a similarly loaded gasser.
Longetivity...a diesel will far surpass a gasser if run under the same conditions for the same amount of time. Fuel economy...a diesel will surpass a gasser.
Yes, there are sometimes a gasser will beat out a diesel in some arenas.
It's all down to personal preference. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Nissan, whatever, they all will get the job done. It depends on what you're looking for. Interior, exterior styling, engine performance, tranny performance, tow ratings, etc.
I'm not bagging on anybody who has a gasser nor a different brand than I drive.
I'm sure you live near some buddies who have some other trucks...hook up your boat and cruise around the hood with it in tow and see how they all perform. Then, go buy one! :D

Lightning
09-30-2004, 10:38 AM
You guys kill me with this subjective banter. I've got an 04' Duramax, 3/4 ton, 4WD, with a 4.10 rear end.
Let's do math....your 8.1 has about 425-450 ft lbs of torque (I have an 02' dually crew cab with an 8.1/Allison package sitting in my driveway). I don't know what rear end you have in it, and how much your burb/boat weighs while under tow( it has to be the combined weight, not just the weight of the boat).
A D'max has 600 ft lbs of torque. I think the dodge has 610 fl lbs. HP doesn't mean chit when you're talking about towing. Just this spec (ft. lbs.) means the diesels are going to perform better than your burb or any 8.1 for that matter. The engine does need to be broken in before you'll see the max performance.
If you felt like the dodge performed better it may have been due to the combined weight being less or the dodge may have been broken in, or your entry speed to the hill was greater.....Whatever.......Dunno :idea:
Point is.......Math says the D'Max will outpull the 8.1. It does everytime in my case as I've pulled the exact same boat (32' Sunsation Dominator w/twin 496HO's) with both my trucks.
My father in law had an 01 Dodge 3/4 ton with the cummins. He loved the motor but hated the rest of the truck. Reason he sold was the front end issues with the heavier engine (front end wore out after 85K miles). He pulls a 5th wheel camper about 60K miles a year. He just bought a new duramax. He tows more than any of the folks on this board...
I don't give a shit what people buy....To each his own....How bout holdin off on busting the nuts of the D'max owners...People are kinda sensative about their trucks....... :p
With the 4.10 gears, you either have a manual tranny or regeared the truck. Auto tranny's in the dmax are 3.73 standard. The new DMAx has 605 lbs of torque not 600 :D I love my DMAX.
If your truck is a 2004 or older DMAX (LB7), the torque and hp are a little lower, about 300 and 560.
Chevy redesigned the heads on the truck in 2004.5 and the new motor (LLY), with the automatic, hp is about 310 and torque is 605.

Sane Asylum
09-30-2004, 01:37 PM
With the 4.10 gears, you either have a manual tranny or regeared the truck. Auto tranny's in the dmax are 3.73 standard. The new DMAx has 605 lbs of torque not 600 :D I love my DMAX.
If your truck is a 2004 or older DMAX (LB7), the torque and hp are a little lower, about 300 and 560.
Chevy redesigned the heads on the truck in 2004.5 and the new motor (LLY), with the automatic, hp is about 310 and torque is 605.
It is regeared......How would I tell if it's an LLY?? Would it be part of my VIN# ?? .....Help me master.....
A thousand thank you's.......
Grasshopper....

Huckleberry
09-30-2004, 02:22 PM
I really love the interior layout of the Yukon XL. I wish GM would get their crap together and work out the space problem with the Allison tranny. Is there much difference in the towing capabilities of the F350 and the Excursion?

Lightning
09-30-2004, 04:49 PM
It is regeared......How would I tell if it's an LLY?? Would it be part of my VIN# ?? .....Help me master.....
Grasshopper....
When did you buy yours? I do not know what to check on the VIN, you may want to check out this website for more info. www.dieselplace.com (http://www.dieselplace.com)
Chances are, if it was purschased in March or later of 2004, then you are an LLY.

Jordy
09-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Grasshopper....
First off, if you weren't in Cali, I'd say look for the cat, as the LB7's didn't have a cat anywhere but Kali. Other than that, if it's an '04 1/2 LLY the 8th digit is a 2 for the LLY where it's a 1 for the LB7. Anything before the '04 1/2 is most likely an LB7.
If nothing else the air intake tube, where it goes into the turbo comes off the fender at almost a full 90* angle on the LLY versus the close to *45 degree that the LB7's ran.
I have my opinions on trucks, pros and cons, but I'll keep them to myself as it's not worth the bullshit factor to go any further. I'll just say I have 2 Duramaxes that are kick ass and leave it at that. ;)

SSTahoe
10-01-2004, 06:20 AM
I live in Minden, Nv. elevation is at 4,500 feet and I mainly boat at Lake Tahoe the pass I use is Spooner pass with is at around 7,000 feet in about 10 miles. I have a 42 foot sonic, it's at 10,500 pounds, so we bought the new Dogde with the 6-speed Diesel and thats all I would tow with. If your looking for a true tow rig with out owning a semi I would buy a dodge.

Sane Asylum
10-01-2004, 08:19 AM
First off, if you weren't in Cali, I'd say look for the cat, as the LB7's didn't have a cat anywhere but Kali. Other than that, if it's an '04 1/2 LLY the 8th digit is a 2 for the LLY where it's a 1 for the LB7. Anything before the '04 1/2 is most likely an LB7.
If nothing else the air intake tube, where it goes into the turbo comes off the fender at almost a full 90* angle on the LLY versus the close to *45 degree that the LB7's ran.
I have my opinions on trucks, pros and cons, but I'll keep them to myself as it's not worth the bullshit factor to go any further. I'll just say I have 2 Duramaxes that are kick ass and leave it at that. ;)
JP.......I guess I've got the LB7 (eighth digit is a 1). I just went to the "the diesel place" and now i'm dazed and confused......
What the hell is reflashing?
What the hell is the "edge" that I'm supposed to remove?
I bought my truck used. It's an 04 that has 35K miles on it. It runs like a scalded dawg and gets about 20.5 mpg on the highway and about 17.5-18 around town....
I love it so far..........Pulls my 32' sunsation like a fockin bandit......
That website makes me nervous.....
Lemme know if you know about the two questions...
Grasshoppa

Jordy
10-01-2004, 08:34 AM
What the hell is reflashing?
That is what the programmers, such as the Hypertech and the like do. When you shut the truck down and plug in the programmer, it re-writes your computer and makes the performance adjustments. I had one and it was more trouble than it was worth.
What the hell is the "edge" that I'm supposed to remove?
Grasshoppa
The Edge is a programmer box that ties into the engine managment with the plugs that are on the left valve cover. In my opinion it's the best option out there. If you had it you would know, as there would be several plugs and wires running out to a little black box that would most likey be mounted on your fender well or the fuse box. I've had mine since last December and haven't had any problems at all with it. Plus with the Attitude monitor you don't need to worry about buying the boost and pyro gauges (unless you're PartyCat as he likes the gadgets :D )

Sane Asylum
10-01-2004, 08:58 AM
I live in Minden, Nv. elevation is at 4,500 feet and I mainly boat at Lake Tahoe the pass I use is Spooner pass with is at around 7,000 feet in about 10 miles. I have a 42 foot sonic, it's at 10,500 pounds, so we bought the new Dogde with the 6-speed Diesel and thats all I would tow with. If your looking for a true tow rig with out owning a semi I would buy a dodge.
I'm glad you like your dodge.......I think the truest tow rig is the chev w/a d'max...... :cool:
People sure like their trucks don't they..... :rollside:
Actually it's your boat that's schmokin.....Plus we want to get to tahoe sometime......

PHX ATC
10-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Here is Edge's website for the Ford stuff. Edge Products Inc. (http://www.edgeproductsinc.com/chevy.html)
I have an Edge box on both my Dodge's and haven't had a lick of trouble. One time (at band camp) a throttle position sensor went tits up and Edge took back their black box and sent me another when the black box actually had nothing to do with the broken sensor. Way good customer service.
If you do put one on...take it off when you go to the dealer. It'll help in the long run........ :rollside:

DryHeatOnly
10-01-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm glad you like your dodge.......I think the truest tow rig is the chev w/a d'max...... :cool:
People sure like their trucks don't they..... :rollside:
Actually it's your boat that's schmokin.....Plus we want to get to tahoe sometime......
Mr. Asylum...have you ever towed a big load with a Ford 6.0 PSD? :confused:
I'm just messin' with you. :D
We all like our Big-D's for our own reasons and it's all good. It's good to know you can buy any of the 3 makes and get a damn good truck.
...and to show I'm a balanced person, I went out and bought a new 'burb last night ;) :D

Sane Asylum
10-02-2004, 08:18 AM
Mr. Asylum...have you ever towed a big load with a Ford 6.0 PSD? :confused:
I'm just messin' with you. :D
We all like our Big-D's for our own reasons and it's all good. It's good to know you can buy any of the 3 makes and get a damn good truck.
...and to show I'm a balanced person, I went out and bought a new 'burb last night ;) :D
DHO.....
Kinda funny ain't it :D You're right about the truck wars.....The trucks are all fine....It's the guys that own them.. :argue:
I will say this......A diesel's the way to go....I'm diggin mine...
Oh, and by the way....You can call me Sane.... :p
PS.....What burban did you get....That's the wife's vehicle of choice....We've got an 02 right now.....She's holding out for an H2 with a D'max in it.....She comes to me the other day and asks if I know that GM is about to roll a D'max in the H2......Gotta love a woman who knows her trucks..... :rollside:

Jordy
10-02-2004, 02:28 PM
PS.....What burban did you get....That's the wife's vehicle of choice....We've got an 02 right now.....She's holding out for an H2 with a D'max in it.....She comes to me the other day and asks if I know that GM is about to roll a D'max in the H2......Gotta love a woman who knows her trucks..... :rollside:
Actually, that's not entirely correct, at least the last time I heard it. They're dumping the H2 style and going back to the H1 with a Duramax. ;)
Then they're going to have an H3 which is supposed to be smaller than the H2 to cater to the midsize SUV market.

Dragboat Dad
10-02-2004, 08:12 PM
I bought a '04 F350 4x4 6.0 a little over a year ago, I haven't had one problem with it. I put a lift and bigger tires and it still tows great, even pulling doubles.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349111-1187_IMG-med.JPG

DryHeatOnly
10-02-2004, 11:15 PM
DHO.....
Kinda funny ain't it :D You're right about the truck wars.....The trucks are all fine....It's the guys that own them.. :argue:
I will say this......A diesel's the way to go....I'm diggin mine...
Oh, and by the way....You can call me Sane.... :p
Hey Sane...I picked up a new '04 LS with the 5.3, trailering pkg, and locking diff. It has the 6-disc, Bose speakers, adjustable pedals, and steering wheel controls. I liked the LT except for the extra $4k price tag. I think the only differences were the leather, 2-position drivers memory, better adjustable seats, and digital thermostat controls. The wife really likes it and that's what counts. I even offered to get it leathered-out for $1500 but she prefers the cloth.
Hummer with a DMax...now that would be interesting.

Sane Asylum
10-03-2004, 08:01 AM
I bought a '04 F350 4x4 6.0 a little over a year ago, I haven't had one problem with it. I put a lift and bigger tires and it still tows great, even pulling doubles.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1349111-1187_IMG-med.JPG
Now that, my friend, is a towing rig (especially what's being towed)... :sqeyes:

riverbound
10-04-2004, 06:11 PM
This one tows my boat just fine, like its not even there.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_323-med.jpg
but this one is a little more practical. 100k miles and no problems.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_108-med.jpg

HighRoller
10-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Another option for the 8.1 is the intercooled Whipple setup. Makes as much power (or more) than the diesels at 4lbs and something like 700ft/lbs at 7lbs. Of course you would only do this if you have the Allison trans unless you like spare parts under your rig.

Huckleberry
10-21-2004, 05:53 PM
The problem with the Yukon XL is you cannot get the Allison tranny in it. I'm sure I'd burn up the stock tranny in a hurry if I whippled it!

Give Me Some Slack
11-07-2004, 04:37 PM
I have a 04 4x4 chevy duramax lly stock with just intake. I pulled a 26' toy hauler with 5 quads inside and one in the bed to glamis and it pulled like a champ. I cruised at 65 up the steepest hill. It is true about the 97 max gov. speed. I am running 3.7.3 gears. I have 7000 miles and it seems to be getting stronger the more miles I put on it. The allison tranny is great. I heard the 6.0 fords pull well but ford still hasn't figured out a tranny that doesn't break down. I work with guys that have ford diesels and they all are having problems with the trannys. My brother has a 02 5.3 tahoe with intake, exhaust, and hypertech. It pulled the same trailer empty at 7,000 dry up the 10 to the river at 80 mph at 4500 rpm. The only problem is that it is gas and it takes forever to get up to speed.

XtrmWakeborder
11-07-2004, 05:33 PM
My tundra with the 6.0 powerstroke/allison is the best truck you guys will ever see. It can pull 20,000lbs up a 45 degree incline at 75mph getting 20 mpg with no problem. LOL I love the "whats the best" threads. I'm a chevy guy with a little blazer, hopefully someday i'll be able to play with the big boys and get a dmax.

vdrivenman
11-08-2004, 08:00 AM
we love our 2004 dualy dodge H/O cummins that has been flashed!
our second dodge cummins and this one is much quiter and performs awsum.

FRENCHIE
11-08-2004, 10:44 AM
i would never sell my 1981 ..'CHEVY LUV'....lol :D ;) :p :D

MissHavasuCig
11-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Jim ~ We have an '04 duramax that we tow the Cig with and have had no problems! We love the truck and towing capacities!! Plenty of guts through the 60 and out the 10 to Havasu, through the wind farm and up Chiriaco summit... The p-stroke Excursion was the biggest POS and was scary to tow the Cig with!
Good Luck :)
Jody :wink: