PDA

View Full Version : Any hot boaters in NW Arkansas

BeaverJ
09-28-2004, 05:02 PM
anyone go to Beaver Lake? Out there most every weekend.....

BeaverJ
09-29-2004, 03:40 PM
anybody? I cannot be the only one

ruggs
09-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Isn't Mohave AZ a little far from Beaver Lake? I boat on Table Rock lake because its in my back yard however, you must be close by to Eagle Rock. What kind of boating are you looking for?.....ruggs

BeaverJ
09-29-2004, 04:20 PM
I moved here about 9 months ago,,,from Mohave Valley(near Havasu) and I can't figure out how to change my location on the sig,,,anyway I run a Carrera Party cat,,,and just wondering if there is anyone else out there that enjoys hot boats,,,I've met a few people w/ nice formulas and such,,,just seeing if there are any west coasters out here,,and people that just plain like fast noisy boats,,Table Rock is huge,looks like a great lake,,,,I've noticed some of the lakes in this area boast some big water when the wind kicks up....

switchin'addiction
09-30-2004, 10:10 AM
I moved here about 9 months ago,,,from Mohave Valley(near Havasu) and I can't figure out how to change my location on the sig,,,anyway I run a Carrera Party cat,,,and just wondering if there is anyone else out there that enjoys hot boats,,,I've met a few people w/ nice formulas and such,,,just seeing if there are any west coasters out here,,and people that just plain like fast noisy boats,,Table Rock is huge,looks like a great lake,,,,I've noticed some of the lakes in this area boast some big water when the wind kicks up....
Been to Beaver Lake a few times, but I'm a Table Rock boater myself. Going this weekend. After Labor Day the lake pretty much clears out & it is awesome for cruising. Stay away from the Kimberling City to Oswalt Bluff (The Swing) area & the big water shouldn't be a problem.

dicudmore
09-30-2004, 10:17 AM
haven't been there recently....
but my Arkansas experience is mainly with Lake Ouachita (F'in beautiful and can't wait to go back) Been about 12 years :(
Grandmother lives on Moon Lake in MS, just across the bridge from helena, Ark

BeaverJ
09-30-2004, 01:06 PM
haven't been there recently....
but my Arkansas experience is mainly with Lake Ouachita (F'in beautiful and can't wait to go back) Been about 12 years :(
Grandmother lives on Moon Lake in MS, just across the bridge from helena, Ark
If you ever want to come up to Beaver Lake it about a hour and a half north of I-40 on your way to lake Ouachita,,,the water here is great, its clean and stays right aroung 78 to 84,,,,lots of room to run hard,,,not alot of traffic and the cops aren't to bad,,,,,,,,but anyway the invite is always open,,,,,,Jason

dicudmore
10-01-2004, 06:50 AM
If you ever want to come up to Beaver Lake it about a hour and a half north of I-40 on your way to lake Ouachita,,,the water here is great, its clean and stays right aroung 78 to 84,,,,lots of room to run hard,,,not alot of traffic and the cops aren't to bad,,,,,,,,but anyway the invite is always open,,,,,,Jason
that sounds pretty tempting :D
I've also got an uncle that lives in the hot springs Ark area, Katherine lake or something like that??

78sleekcraft
10-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Live in Northeast Ar usually play in Norfork closest lake. I have been to Beaver and Tablerock as a kid both are great lakes. Glad to see someone from the area posting.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-04-2004, 08:43 PM
anyone go to Beaver Lake? Out there most every weekend.....
bever I wont say it :idea:

beyondhelpin
10-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Usually go a couple of times a year. Did not make it up there this year. Got tired of feeling like I was still in High School hiding my beer because they turned it into a dry lake. (no alcohol). One of the prettiest lakes around though!

BeaverJ
10-09-2004, 04:44 AM
Usually go a couple of times a year. Did not make it up there this year. Got tired of feeling like I was still in High School hiding my beer because they turned it into a dry lake. (no alcohol). One of the prettiest lakes around though!
From what I understand w/ the new Sheriff he has lightend up greatly on the alcohol thing...We were out most of the summer and the holidays and I can't even remember seeing the water cops.............Jason

STROKER ACE
10-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Beaver Lake = COPS, heard on the radio they really craked down for a couple years 1.2 million in rev. lost pig sooeee

dragboatracer
10-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Beaverj, used to go to beaver but the patrol was cracking down on beer on the water. not to far from that area though. and it is a pretty lake. the last few times i have been down the wind was eough to throw the allison around like a rubber sex doll.

BeaverJ
10-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Beaverj, used to go to beaver but the patrol was cracking down on beer on the water. not to far from that area though. and it is a pretty lake. the last few times i have been down the wind was eough to throw the allison around like a rubber sex doll.
I love it....I finally got the boat on the water in mid-August, and thought I might get the attention of the local law,because we have a west coast style boat,,but they never bothered me,,,met up with some boaters, and they say that it was bad at one time, but has let up,,,se we had some fun....no probs,,,

beyondhelpin
10-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Hopefully that is true. Might just have to head back up there next year. It is too beautiful of a lake the kick to the curb!

lakecrazy
11-04-2004, 01:27 PM
BeaverJ I'm in the process of purchasing a lake cabin on Beaver Lake. It's about 7 miles south of Avoca. The street that the cabin is on dead ends into the lake (boat ramp) and we have a wet slip in the small community marina.
We have two boats, mine is a 18' jet with 460BBF and the wife has a pontoon boat. we use the pontoon on windy days as it cuts right through the choppy water.
Maybe we could hook up next summer?

AQUAholicSTV2
11-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Howdy Guys.
I live on Table Rock and my friend lives on Beaver which is less than an hour drive from here. He lives not far from the dam.
Both lakes are great, but Beaver being the smaller one at 22,000 acres verses Table Rock's 44,000 acres is a quieter less busy place to boat. Much less commercialized too which is nice.
Both myself and the Beaver Lake friend have 19 ft. STV Euro Mod-VP tunnel hulls with 260 hp. Merc. outboards. Easily 100+ mph rigs when the water is not too rough.
Table Rock has it's share of large performance stern drives with some jets & V-drives scattered around mostly during the summer. Lots of big cruisers around too which beats up on our small rigs.
Dont know about the party scene on Beaver but it's alive & well here on Table Rock. Best spots are a couple miles south of the Dam and by the Aunt's Creek Bluffs.
My e-mail is arrr@interlinc.net and his is adam@adamsells.com if anyone wants to contact us directly. I dont come on this site very often and I dont think Adam does either. We normally hang around on www.screamandfly.com
Take care.
Randy.

cyclone
11-10-2004, 04:35 PM
anybody? I cannot be the only one
My folks live in Rogers, Arkansas and boat on Beaver Lake regularly. They own a store right across the bridge. Keep an eye out for a 19-foot white/blue/yellow Rogers jet. That's them. :smile:

73kona455
11-10-2004, 05:00 PM
i'm too darn far south.. i am in the southern part of arkansas.. almost in lousyana(louisiana)

BeaverJ
11-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Cool, I'm glad to hear there are some boating peeps out there,near me,,I run a Carrera Deck Boat, white w/purple graphics,,looking forward to next summer

cracy racing
11-13-2004, 04:02 PM
looking for some new friends in the corpus area.

BeaverJ
11-13-2004, 05:01 PM
looking for some new friends in the corpus area.
I would like to see that area,,how is the temps this time of year,,,I went out today and it was in the low 50's,,,w/ a north wind,,,the cold sucks,,,,,,,,it would not be beyond us to pull down there to your neck of the woods.......Jason

switchin'addiction
11-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Cool, I'm glad to hear there are some boating peeps out there,near me,,I run a Carrera Deck Boat, white w/purple graphics,,looking forward to next summer
Beaver, maybe we could plan a spring get together. I'm probably only 2 hrs north of you.