PDA

View Full Version : decibels testing

nodigg
09-28-2004, 08:19 PM
So on Friday, just for the fun of it I launched at the Marina to check things out as I ONLY use Windsor ramps. The warned me aobut the sound checks at the gate and in I go. After waiting in line with about 4 other boats infront of me I backed down and left it on the trailer and started the engine. Thru the hull, whippled 502 with silent choice engaged blew 76! How happy was I? I know, silent choice is not legal but still I won't get anyones attention running 76 I don't think. Then Party cat tested me Saturday hanging over the back idling out to Op6 and it read 92? I think, without silent choice engaged at one foot back.
So my question is......
My stereo is louder than my engine by far. Has anyone ever been cited for playing loud music?? I should have had Jim run a check on that mid day Saturday when the kids took over the stereo.

Essex502
09-29-2004, 07:17 AM
I think it would be fun - for laughs - to have a boat that has Silent Choice to play their stereo as loudly as possible right next to the boat being tested for noise...i.e. in lane #2. How funny would that be to PROVE that the tests can be skewed.

nodigg
09-29-2004, 07:41 AM
That's a good idea! LOL!

dicudmore
09-29-2004, 07:56 AM
bring Tom's boat along next time maybe....
Mine won't even register on the meter :(

HCS
09-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Get a CD/TAPE recording of a blown 454 with zoomies and crank it up as loud
as you can when you leave the marina.

nodigg
09-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Get a CD/TAPE recording of a blown 454 with zoomies and crank it up as loud
as you can when you leave the marina.
Oh yeah! :idea: