PDA

View Full Version : Real Deal This Time??

WetWillie
09-28-2004, 09:03 PM
I need good driving directions to Havasu. I dont want directions that are like go over the RR tracks then go left..
I would like to go out the 8 then??? I will not be towing this time..
What is the best route from San Diego?? Dave from DCB said he can do it in 4 hours. Whats the secret??
Help me :cry: :cry:
WW

Charley
09-28-2004, 09:18 PM
I need good driving directions to Havasu. I dont want directions that are like go over the RR tracks then go left..
I would like to go out the 8 then??? I will not be towing this time..
What is the best route from San Diego?? Dave from DCB said he can do it in 4 hours. Whats the secret??
Help me :cry: :cry:
WW
My first trip I did it in 5 WW.... carlos gave me directions and although a lil wild, I made it ;) I was nervouse pulling a boat that big thru some of those strange roads, but you will be fine, unless you screw up ;)

mbrown2
09-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Out the 8 to past El Centro to Yuma, north on 95.....Past the 10 all the way to Parker and beyond to Havasu...one of the faster routes...not as nice of roads on the 95..
I made it to DCB towing with that direction coming from Parker in 4:15 minutes...gotta luv the Duramax..

WetWillie
09-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Charley my brother... boat is allready there in storage. You really gunna go east coast for the dam run? If Herman starts getting fresh you can jump in my boat!
Mbrown I think I may need to get a tow vehical. The 6 liter did ok 40 to 45 on the grades. I was thinking maybe an older GMC or Chevy duelly just for the tows back for service!! Not looking forward to lugging that BIG thing around. Guys like Bling amaze me pulling that BIG pig around!
Ill try those directions you gave me thanks..
W

boxscore
09-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Dave from DCB said he can do it in 4 hours.
What's Dave problem. :confused: It only takes me about 90 seconds.

Charley
09-29-2004, 10:50 AM
If Herman starts getting fresh you can jump in my boat! Guys like Bling amaze me pulling that BIG pig around!
W
Jeff is sensitive about his weight man be nice!

WetWillie
09-29-2004, 01:25 PM
I was talking about his boat!
W

boxscore
09-29-2004, 02:19 PM
I was talking about his boat!
W
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh... I thought for sure you were talking about Dave's stamina... and perhaps his ability to strategically install zip-ties to help out with said stamina.

TOBTEK
09-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Out the 8 to past El Centro to Yuma, north on 95.....Past the 10 all the way to Parker and beyond to Havasu...one of the faster routes...not as nice of roads on the 95..
I made it to DCB towing with that direction coming from Parker in 4:15 minutes...gotta luv the Duramax..
bingo! Thats the Ticket.....And you can stop and pick me up in Yuma on your way :cool: The 95 is the hot set-up, hardley ever any cars at all! A few gray heads just over the headrest by Quartsite...but thats all.
And I agree 100% with Mikey about the Duramax statement...came back Tuesday up the grade from the Dez pulling the boat. 65-70 all the way up the hill, temp never bumped, ...the truck is amazing!