PDA

View Full Version : How fast is too fast in a small boat (22')

jackpunx
09-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi all,
Got a couple of ideas cooking.. IÂ’m trying to figure out how fast a small hull can go..and when I'll be OVERKILL.. I know its unsafe to go say over 90mph lol.. (Im putting that number out there for our more conservative folks).. My boat now will do triple digits..
IÂ’m thinking of adding some power, which will increase my current number by a lot.
IÂ’m just looking for your experience and information. If you got it like me..then you know its never fast enough.. But.. IÂ’m sure there is something I have not thought about..
Thanks
Mark

Havasu Hangin'
09-29-2004, 02:58 PM
I think it depends on what kind of 22'...
You have a Searay?

jackpunx
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
I think it depends on what kind of 22'...
You have a Searay?
I put two of them together so I could have a cat..
:D
its a Stoker SST 224
But Im looking for speeds and experience from other boats of that size

Dog
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
http://www.dragboats.com/images/gallery/04_04_IHBA_1230_726.jpg
230 240 in a 19 ft. boat outta get 300 out of 22 ft.

jackpunx
09-29-2004, 03:06 PM
I can see that I'll get a bunch of help from you guys here..lol..

Havasu Hangin'
09-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Since you don't want my opinion...I'm gonna give it to you anyway. :notam:
I think it depends on what you use your boat for.
In a 22' boat, the faster you go, the better the water has to be. How often will you actually be able to really open it up? Morning and evening glass?
Now...how will the idle, docking, and outdrive drive handle the changes? Bigger prop with a bigger idle?
That's my uneducated, unknowing opinion.

mbrown2
09-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Some of the hot Ski race boats can top 140....but most run in the 120-130 range...now those are V's... Not knowing anything about the limitations of the Stoker 22, but I am going to guess around 125-130 will be pushing it.....I think a call to Alan might be worthwhile..

RACER52
09-29-2004, 03:16 PM
I think alot depends on what your going for.
You wanna boat for 1/2 mile in smooth water or one that will stay stable for the long haul.
Your boat should be stable at high speeds in the right water.
tell us more!!!
RAcer

HP350SC
09-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey Mark, what are you planning to do for more power? I was fairly comfortable around 110, until I overtrimmed it and almost flipped :notam: Water conditions are a big factor. That being said, in ideal conditions, and keeping the ride flat I think 120-125 should be OK. Above that, and someone else can drive and I'll watch. :D

jackpunx
09-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Since you don't want my opinion...I'm gonna give it to you anyway. :notam:
I think it depends on what you use your boat for.
In a 22' boat, the faster you go, the better the water has to be. How often will you actually be able to really open it up? Morning and evening glass?
Now...how will the idle, docking, and outdrive drive handle the changes? Bigger prop with a bigger idle?
That's my uneducated, unknowing opinion.
Thanks
I use my boat for pleasure.. As of now the boat will run pretty fast and hard on surprisingly big water.. (for a small boat).. As far as top end.. It would only be in the right conditions.. (Morning/late afternoon/weekday's).. but it does not like glass (just like any other cat)
Docking and idle will be fine..
Drive will be fine till I blow it up.. then I'll get a new one from Worx..
IÂ’m not willing to loose the acceleration I have.. I would like to have more..But as a by-product the boat will have a faster top end also.

jackpunx
09-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey Mark, what are you planning to do for more power? I was fairly comfortable around 110, until I overtrimmed it and almost flipped :notam: Water conditions are a big factor. That being said, in ideal conditions, and keeping the ride flat I think 120-125 should be OK. Above that, and someone else can drive and I'll watch. :D
Ive have not gotten out of shape at speeds yet.. (110-115).. Im thinking that it should be ok at 130 in the right conditions.. I put a call into Al Im pretty sure my hull has done 124..

jackpunx
09-29-2004, 03:28 PM
I think alot depends on what your going for.
You wanna boat for 1/2 mile in smooth water or one that will stay stable for the long haul.
Your boat should be stable at high speeds in the right water.
tell us more!!!
RAcer
As of now the boat is stable and I cant imagine it not being stable.. I know those ski racers can run 130+.. I want to be able to run the long haul and not kill my motor..
I'll tell you more when I confirm a few things..
Lets just say we have a mutual friend that will be getting a fast one.. I need to stay a few steps in front of him :D

HP350SC
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Ive have not gotten out of shape at speeds yet.. (110-115).. Im thinking that it should be ok at 130 in the right conditions.. I put a call into Al Im pretty sure my hull has done 124..
That was my fault, I need my ass kicked for being that dumb. :D
Going to need another 150 hp to get solid 120's, whatcha got in mind?

riverliver
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Just sell it and buy a big ass cat !!!!

jackpunx
09-29-2004, 03:34 PM
That was my fault, I need my ass kicked for being that dumb. :D
Going to need another 150 hp to get solid 120's, whatcha got in mind?
about 150-200hp.. I'll decide by the end of this weekend..and then I'll let you know what Im up to

bordsmnj
09-29-2004, 03:53 PM
As of now the boat is stable and I cant imagine it not being stable.. I know those ski racers can run 130+.. I want to be able to run the long haul and not kill my motor..
I'll tell you more when I confirm a few things..
Lets just say we have a mutual friend that will be getting a fast one.. I need to stay a few steps in front of him :D
??? check your pm's please :cool:

Craig
09-29-2004, 03:56 PM
My boat is called a 22' boat, but is really 20' 4" from transom to bow. I've run 114.5 in it and that had to be perfect conditions. At that point there would be no dodging anything that jetted out in front. Like others had said, you just have to pick and choose your place. If I can ever get the thing back together for a nice Decmeber run in Havasu, I'm hoping to get 120 with some different props. But this time I will make sure I at least have a good Life Line jacket. Your going in the right direction by checking with the hull builder.
Craig

RACER52
09-29-2004, 03:57 PM
easy cure=new manifold and and extra s.c.
nothin like the sound of the quad at 14lbs boost.
oh and another carb===130mph no prob.

HP350SC
09-29-2004, 04:23 PM
easy cure=new manifold and and extra s.c.
nothin like the sound of the quad at 14lbs boost.
oh and another carb===130mph no prob.
Quad=Cool :cool: Easy? Easy to bolt on, not so easy to pay for lol. His short block is stock, would need other stuff to run 14 lbs. He's talking 540 on the phone. I think I'll pass on the 540 for now.

Boat Racer
09-29-2004, 05:05 PM
a 22' boat is no drag boat, so prop it tall and push the pedal all the way to the floor...
I'd be disapointed with anything under 110mph...

Three Days Only
09-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Just do it pussy boy, theres never enough power, and you can always go faster. Just be safe, pick and choose the conditions, and most important..................start up a large savings account for all the repairs to that drive of yours that is going to be absorbing all that extra HP.
Your Bitch

roln 20s
09-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Mark- I was waiting to see something like this as summer nears :) :rolleyes:
Make a 1000hp quad rotor and buy a 28 Bullet--that's what you need and don't let any of those D-Row guys tell you differently. BTW- Howard's have free parking at my house anytime :D
You are a good safe driver, know your boat well, and the conditions it can handle. I think you could easily add more power, but honestly how often are you going to be able to tap the additional power and run it? Right now you have the most bad ass setup, and its reliable and somehow not a drive killer. That sounds like the perfect package to me. BTW, now that I think about it, I still need a ride :)
Roln 20s

Bling Bling
09-29-2004, 09:26 PM
about 150-200hp.. I'll decide by the end of this weekend..and then I'll let you know what Im up to
Put more power in it and pin it sissy! (Da) :D

alfonzo
09-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Sell it and buy a pontoon boat its much safer, unless your enjoying a lovely afternoon in the middle of the lake and some drunk person desides to use your boat as a launch ramp in the next dukes of hazzard movie. or just do what Bling and 3DO said...ya SISSY!!!! :cool:

CrazyHippy
09-29-2004, 10:46 PM
There are STV's over 140now... and they are only 19' long... i'd say do it, but it's easy to spend money when it's not mine :cool: :boxed:
BJH

unleashed
09-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Stop crying about it on the boards and do it ya sissy its only money and speed! :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

jackpunx
09-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Stop crying about it on the boards and do it ya sissy its only money and speed! :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
LOL.. No cryen about it here.. just looking for people with the experience.. You know what I mean.. If I was looking to be Gay.. I would ask you how you did it and how you feel about it now.. :D
I made some changes that I'll test this weekend.. should push my numbers up a little.. but still not the numbers Im looking for.. I was going to do another season on it as it is.. but.. I got to stay on top..lol..
I talked to my builder (GT).. He's pretty comfortable getting me the power I want.. I'll get the numbers from him tomorrow and see if it makes sense.

jackpunx
09-30-2004, 07:25 AM
Mark- I was waiting to see something like this as summer nears :) :rolleyes:
Make a 1000hp quad rotor and buy a 28 Bullet--that's what you need and don't let any of those D-Row guys tell you differently. BTW- Howard's have free parking at my house anytime :D
You are a good safe driver, know your boat well, and the conditions it can handle. I think you could easily add more power, but honestly how often are you going to be able to tap the additional power and run it? Right now you have the most bad ass setup, and its reliable and somehow not a drive killer. That sounds like the perfect package to me. BTW, now that I think about it, I still need a ride :)
Roln 20s
You got a ride any time you want.. :wink: as of now.. I pick and choose the conditions like my life depends on it (it does)..lol.. As of now my boat has been really good to me.. So my biggest problem is changing it up if its not broke.. GT told me he can make the same if not better reliablity with the HP numbers your talking about.. I just have to nurse the drive.. I have it built up now.. and the boat is pretty light.. I think if I continue to drive it the way I have and keep it on the same maint sched I have been on.. I should be ok.. We'll see..
My next purchase is a LIFELINE..

Craig
09-30-2004, 08:36 AM
If you get a good price on a Lifeline somewhere, let me know. I want to get one before the Parade of Lights.

billet racing
09-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Could place to check would be the Mfg. Owning an Eliminator, I can tell you the 19' go into the 140+ range, and Ive seen the 21' in the 130's The more hull, the more wind it can catch. Play it safe and keep it trimmed properly.
So far have run mine(21') at a best of 111mph. Just added a twin turbo set up and would be disappointed if I cannot get into the 120's.
Oh, and I left my jacket with Lifeline at the October races. Adding a chute.
Funny thing, I pay couple hundred a month in life insurance, but did not want to spring the $350 for the chute addition.

jackpunx
09-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Could place to check would be the Mfg. Owning an Eliminator, I can tell you the 19' go into the 140+ range, and Ive seen the 21' in the 130's The more hull, the more wind it can catch. Play it safe and keep it trimmed properly.
So far have run mine(21') at a best of 111mph. Just added a twin turbo set up and would be disappointed if I cannot get into the 120's.
Oh, and I left my jacket with Lifeline at the October races. Adding a chute.
Funny thing, I pay couple hundred a month in life insurance, but did not want to spring the $350 for the chute addition.
The MFG has had this hull up to 124. I have had it over 110 and its been solid so far. After 110 I click the trim down based on how light the boat gets.. know I have more room in there for additional MPH..
thanks for the info.
mark

hulshot
09-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Ok Jackpunx, what are your plans. You say you and Hp 350 have a mutual friend tha is getting a fast one, who is it and get some info from him. I want to know also. I am getting one aswell. I will need to do some work to keep up with you guys though. I cant wait to get mine. Hey what do you think of my motor plans??? when I am done this stoker should be able to haul the mail....

XtrmWakeborder
09-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Too fast is when you put the shiny side down. Come on Jackpunx close the deal we want to hear what the plans are.

jackpunx
10-01-2004, 08:31 AM
Ok Jackpunx, what are your plans. You say you and Hp 350 have a mutual friend tha is getting a fast one, who is it and get some info from him. I want to know also. I am getting one aswell. I will need to do some work to keep up with you guys though. I cant wait to get mine. Hey what do you think of my motor plans??? when I am done this stoker should be able to haul the mail....
LOL.. it was you!!!.. I like your motor plans. its all about keeping up... You stay up north and I'll stay down south.. and there wont be any problems..lol j/k.. :D
Im excited for all.. HP350, you and me.. :D

jackpunx
10-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Too fast is when you put the shiny side down. Come on Jackpunx close the deal we want to hear what the plans are.
well.. Im trying to decide.. Im gonna think about it this weekend.. but its looking like at least 900hp.. the question is this winter .. or the next... :D
I'll keep you posted..

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-01-2004, 09:56 AM
well.. Im trying to decide.. Im gonna think about it this weekend.. but its looking like at least 900hp.. the question is this winter .. or the next... :D
I'll keep you posted..
just buy a bigger boat

Daytona 25
10-01-2004, 03:06 PM
http://www.dragboats.com/images/gallery/04_04_IHBA_1230_726.jpg
230 240 in a 19 ft. boat outta get 300 out of 22 ft.
How about 180 in a 22ft over 2 footers!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1982gp115.jpg

hulshot
10-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Come on JP you cant be serious, I wont even have a blower. I wont keep up with you guys just yet. At least let me get some seat time first before I try to run anyone.
900 hp sounds good. if that will get you too 124ish what will 1200 do???? Maybe someday we will see.. It is a sickness I know. I still want to keep it as user friendly as possible though when I change it up. I will be happy now if I can run 90s.
let us know what you deceide. is it a 540 with a single wipple or just put on a dual set up on the 509 or is it in a bottle?? what drive do you have adn what gears.

Robbie Racer
10-02-2004, 09:42 AM
I have gone 130+ in a 19' tunnel but it had to be on really flat water. My 25' cat will handle 2' chop at 80 without any problem but I have scared myself when hitting fairly good sized rollers at 120. If I hit a roller at that speed under full power the bow will try to climb to the sky and I worry about a blow over. If I see the roller in time and back off the throttle to a neutral power position when I hit it, the Carrera will usually fly straight and level. I think a 22' tunnel will be safe at 130 with the right trim as long as you don't hit any good sized rollers above 100 or so. Good luck.
RR

BLOWN HOWARD
10-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey why dont you check with prime over in rancho i think there motor dept is better than GT's, Just my opinion. Build the motor till the boat throws you out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackpunx
10-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Come on JP you cant be serious, I wont even have a blower. I wont keep up with you guys just yet. At least let me get some seat time first before I try to run anyone.
900 hp sounds good. if that will get you too 124ish what will 1200 do???? Maybe someday we will see.. It is a sickness I know. I still want to keep it as user friendly as possible though when I change it up. I will be happy now if I can run 90s.
let us know what you deceide. is it a 540 with a single wipple or just put on a dual set up on the 509 or is it in a bottle?? what drive do you have adn what gears.
LOL.. I know what you got planned.. Im trying to stay in front of it..LOL.. its either going to be a duel or single on a 540... The issue is the drive..so far its been good to me.. I have heard the worx drive will handle the power..
You will be in the 90's NP..

jackpunx
10-04-2004, 09:52 AM
I have gone 130+ in a 19' tunnel but it had to be on really flat water. My 25' cat will handle 2' chop at 80 without any problem but I have scared myself when hitting fairly good sized rollers at 120. If I hit a roller at that speed under full power the bow will try to climb to the sky and I worry about a blow over. If I see the roller in time and back off the throttle to a neutral power position when I hit it, the Carrera will usually fly straight and level. I think a 22' tunnel will be safe at 130 with the right trim as long as you don't hit any good sized rollers above 100 or so. Good luck.
RR
I think you nailed it here :D

jackpunx
10-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Hey why dont you check with prime over in rancho i think there motor dept is better than GT's, Just my opinion. Build the motor till the boat throws you out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So far I have been really happy with GT.. they really stand behind their work.. Although Mine has not broke since he built it the first time.. So Im very happy.
As far as getting thrown out.. I'll pass on that if I can help it..lol

hulshot
10-06-2004, 01:19 PM
You dont have to worry about me being the fastest. I need to stay user friendly. no blowers in my futur for this boat. all cubic inches. Do you have a shorty lower or is it standard lenght? I should get it next week.... ye haw.

jackpunx
10-06-2004, 02:47 PM
You dont have to worry about me being the fastest. I need to stay user friendly. no blowers in my futur for this boat. all cubic inches. Do you have a shorty lower or is it standard lenght? I should get it next week.... ye haw.
Its standard.. I need a shorty and a nose cone.. Let me know when you get it .. Im excited for you :)

Charley
10-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Im excited for you :)
Please stop hanging around jeffy so much, it's starting to rub off

jackpunx
10-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Please stop hanging around jeffy so much, it's starting to rub off
LOL>. I think he's still mad at me..lol
Im more excited that he's not putting a big blower motor on his.. lol

hulshot
10-07-2004, 06:50 PM
what is up with the insurance on these little boats???? it seems difficult to insure them just like the bigger ones. this might just kill the deal, even though it is this late in the game. I sold my bigger boat to get a smaller one so I could afford to still have a boat and play all the time. That may not be true now. I should have kept it maybe..

Relaxalot
10-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Jackpunx... why are you always in such a hurry???
Be Safe!

jackpunx
10-12-2004, 10:35 AM
what is up with the insurance on these little boats???? it seems difficult to insure them just like the bigger ones. this might just kill the deal, even though it is this late in the game. I sold my bigger boat to get a smaller one so I could afford to still have a boat and play all the time. That may not be true now. I should have kept it maybe..
Call Insurance Bob.. He's got a line that can help us out.. :D

jackpunx
10-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Jackpunx... why are you always in such a hurry???
Be Safe!
LOL...

hulshot
10-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey Jackpunx, I got the new stoker on Wednesday and got home late that night.
the boat is preety nice. had to do some changes to the appearance.
first thing I did was check the drive fluid, it only had 1.5 quarts of water in it and big metal chuncks, so that will have to come off and be repaired.
then on Fri I ran the motor and kept seeing the knock sensor spiking into the red and the oil temp starting to climb until the dreaded loud rod knock let itself be herd plain as day and the sound of the bearings welding themselves the the crank, you know the high pitch noise that sound like a belt squeel but only its inside, and the motor was very hard to keep running. So heres to a nice looking trailer queen!!!! The motor and drive are junk. Hows that for getting a perfect condition low hours boat???
So now the motor will be getting that special touch from me when it goes back together for that added HP. and the drive will also be getting some different touches.

fourspeednup
10-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey Jackpunx, I got the new stoker on Wednesday and got home late that night.
the boat is preety nice. had to do some changes to the appearance.
first thing I did was check the drive fluid, it only had 1.5 quarts of water in it and big metal chuncks, so that will have to come off and be repaired.
then on Fri I ran the motor and kept seeing the knock sensor spiking into the red and the oil temp starting to climb until the dreaded loud rod knock let itself be herd plain as day and the sound of the bearings welding themselves the the crank, you know the high pitch noise that sound like a belt squeel but only its inside, and the motor was very hard to keep running. So heres to a nice looking trailer queen!!!! The motor and drive are junk. Hows that for getting a perfect condition low hours boat???
So now the motor will be getting that special touch from me when it goes back together for that added HP. and the drive will also be getting some different touches.
Gawd damn...that sucks :mad:
But now you get to proceed straight to the mega HP plan :D

revndave
10-17-2004, 08:19 PM
My 21 will be a runner.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/686100_0073.JPG

jackpunx
10-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Hulshot..
Damm bro.. Sorry to hear about that.. At least you have the winter to work your magic.. If there is anything I can do to help Let me know.. Also .. HP350 has one...
Sorry to hear about the bad news .. but congrats on the new boat...
RevenD..
that boat looks like a runner... Very nice... :D
BTW.. I changed my X demension this weekend.. Very interesting.. :idea:
Im not sure how I feel about it yet..

STVBOY
10-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey JP
What numbers did you end up seeing this past weekend? I was in the outboard that had pulled along side you at sundown near the roadrunner. To bad you had 4 in the boat I wanted to see you get on it.

Tyson Ross
10-19-2004, 07:35 AM
Get on it? He never gets on it!! :D At least not for my viewing. :hammer2:

Boat Racer
10-19-2004, 04:09 PM
move east, at my lake all we have now are 30'+ boats... I haven't seen a pocket rocket other than mine in years.

jackpunx
10-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Hey JP
What numbers did you end up seeing this past weekend? I was in the outboard that had pulled along side you at sundown near the roadrunner. To bad you had 4 in the boat I wanted to see you get on it.
LOL.. why did you let off? you came up on me.. I got on it a little and then looked back and you were gone..
I didnt get any real numbers out of it.. The I raised the x demension and the boat was acting really squirly..

jackpunx
10-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Get on it? He never gets on it!! :D At least not for my viewing. :hammer2:
LOL.. you must not spend much time at the river..lol...
It was good to see you out there .. we'll have to do it again soon

STVBOY
10-20-2004, 07:57 PM
LOL.. why did you let off? you came up on me.. I got on it a little and then looked back and you were gone..
I didnt get any real numbers out of it.. The I raised the x demension and the boat was acting really squirly..
I cruised up to 90 mph and I did not see you coming? How long did you want me to wait before you would have caught up!LOL I had a small prop on it and I don't cruise down the lake at 8500 + only short bursts. Give me from about 20 mph on and you will see why. :D

jackpunx
10-21-2004, 05:20 AM
I cruised up to 90 mph and I did not see you coming? How long did you want me to wait before you would have caught up!LOL I had a small prop on it and I don't cruise down the lake at 8500 + only short bursts. Give me from about 20 mph on and you will see why. :D
LOL.. I had a feeling you ran out of prop.. I saw how quick you took off (you started about 100' behind me so by the time I got a chance to roll in you had blown your wadd..LOL.. .. when I caught you and passed you we were ONLY going about 80.. lol.. I can run a small prop too.. Just happens that you did it in front of Road runner.. I think they expected your boat to be faster..lol
I told the poeple that there is no way we could have beat you unless you ran out of prop.. Or gave up..
Next time we run.. You'll have to put your big boy prop on.. Or I can run my 90mph prop so we can go apples to apples..: ) Otherwise I wont let off till I pass you again..lol
regaurdless
I look forward to meeting you in person and getting a chance to chat :) BTW.. Very clean boat and I would love a ride in it some day :D

STVBOY
10-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Actually when I was out in front of you my GPS said 90mph and I actually had a whole lot of of prop and pedal left in the boat. I must of missed it when you were out in front because I never saw you ahead thats why I backed out of it. :D

jackpunx
10-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Actually when I was out in front of you my GPS said 90mph and I actually had a whole lot of of prop and pedal left in the boat. I must of missed it when you were out in front because I never saw you ahead thats why I backed out of it. :D
you got on the gas way behind me and you passed me before I even hit the peddal.. You may have hit 90 and let off, My boat was between 80-85 when I went by you .. so maybe you were on your way back down.by the time I passed the roadrunner.. I was touching on 100. .. by the time I got set I think you gave up on me..
I know we were not that far appart.. because the bouncer at the roadrunner asked me why you gave up.. ;) I guess to him .. it looked like I caught up to you..
I'll be the first to say those boats are fast.. and with one person your boat should be doing 120+
I'll be happy to see you again at the BBSP. it might be fun to run from say.. the channel to .. the sandbar.. my boat dosnt like the smooth water... This time I'll be wearing a lifeline and I'll be alone.. :D

RiverDave
10-21-2004, 12:08 PM
you got on the gas way behind me and you passed me before I even hit the peddal.. You may have hit 90 and let off, My boat was between 80-85 when I went by you .. so maybe you were on your way back down.by the time I passed the roadrunner.. I was touching on 100. .. by the time I got set I think you gave up on me..
I know we were not that far appart.. because the bouncer at the roadrunner asked me why you gave up.. ;) I guess to him .. it looked like I caught up to you..
I'll be the first to say those boats are fast.. and with one person your boat should be doing 120+
I'll be happy to see you again at the BBSP. it might be fun to run from say.. the channel to .. the sandbar.. my boat dosnt like the smooth water... This time I'll be wearing a lifeline and I'll be alone.. :D
I got a C-Note on the stoker...
STVBoy, you gotta be joking right? Shit I had friends coming over to the house later on that night talking about the STV that got smoked.. Kinda surprised me actually becuase usually a serious STV will lay the smack down on just about anything I/O.
There's another one in the keys though, he got beat up from the feat up as well.. I'd say it's gotta be the shoes, but Mark ain't about Nike soooo... It's Gotta be the whipple or something becuase that stokers running through all the STV's in Parker like their going outta style.
The thing that cracks me up about the outboard guys though is, they all say.. Oh you V-Drive guys blah blah blah, that's not a lake boat.. Lets run for distance!! But once a competitive I/O comes along that's willing to run the distance then it's... we gotta race from a dead stop or some shiznit..
RD :D :D

STVBOY
10-21-2004, 01:00 PM
STVBoy, you gotta be joking right? Shit I had friends coming over to the house later on that night talking about the STV that got smoked.. Kinda surprised me actually becuase usually a serious STV will lay the smack down on just about anything I/O.
There's another one in the keys though, he got beat up from the feat up as well.. I'd say it's gotta be the shoes, but Mark ain't about Nike soooo... It's Gotta be the whipple or something becuase that stokers running through all the STV's in Parker like their going outta style.
The thing that cracks me up about the outboard guys though is, they all say.. Oh you V-Drive guys blah blah blah, that's not a lake boat.. Lets run for distance!! But once a competitive I/O comes along that's willing to run the distance then it's... we gotta race from a dead stop or some shiznit..
Talk your shit Dave!!! ( what do you have a Nordic :sleeping: ) I am not backing down hear but I never said I smoked JP.All I said was he never passed me until I got out of it because I was out in front.I just assummed when he wasn't coming up on me that he wasn't getting on it due to extras in the boat. People I know were suprised because they were at Roadrunner and said they heard him get on it the same time I did. I've never said lets run distance ever my boat wasn't set up for that and i don't have a desire to do it. Second my boat is not an STV its a Rapid Craft completely different boats. If he wants to put his 90 mph prop on I would be glad to run and watch that outdrive scatter to the bottom of the river. I was never talking shit he said his boat does about 115 mph and I was just trying to get him to get on it and see it run thats it.

HavasuDreamin'
10-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Sounds as though you two didn't really square up. How about a half mile race in 1' chop? Both boats ought to like that.
I don't have money on anyone, but I know a Euro with a 2.5 Drag will run around a 128 mph with the right prop on it. Guys over at S&F are north of 130 pretty much with a stock drag.
Somebody video tape it for me please. :mix:
HD

jackpunx
10-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Sounds as though you two didn't really square up. How about a half mile race in 1' chop? Both boats ought to like that.
I don't have money on anyone, but I know a Euro with a 2.5 Drag will run around a 128 mph with the right prop on it. Guys over at S&F are north of 130 pretty much with a stock drag.
Somebody video tape it for me please. :mix:
HD
Someone video it for me too :D
I think we both know what our boats are good for.. Mine is not a 1/4 - 1/8 mile drag boat.. and his is not set up for a big number (I could be wrong.. but its quick as hell.. )
I chose to be easy on my drive .. but once I pack some air.. its like a sling shot..Im not big on talking shit with people I dont really know.. Sometimes it taken the wrong way around here.. :wink:
but I will say.. My boat is set up for the Dam to dam style of running :D
when it all boils down..I carry a large stereo, a cooler full of water and redbull (or beer if my company wants it :wink: ) and 50gal of gas...(it needs every drop because it sucks it)
there are much faster boats out on the river then mine. :wink: . RiverLiver,Buetifull Noise, BB572 Oh.. and that Nordic with the kicken stereo in it :D .. Now that would be a good race.. :2purples:

BADBLOWN572
10-21-2004, 01:41 PM
I think that it was all a big missunderstanding on the whole short little race. I have been in Jackpunx Stoker at around 115 and that was before the new lower unit so in theory, it should be faster than that. I also know that he was not getting on it very hard this past weekend because he was getting used to the new handling characteristics. I too was told by people @ RR that the STV backed off.
Regardless of what happened this past weekend, both boats haul ass and are nice pieces. I too would like to see a comparison run, but lets make sure that the timing is right and the water is perfect.

STVBOY
10-21-2004, 02:17 PM
I am not pissed but when people distort what really happens and start talking ish about something that did not happen and they don't own anything to back it up they should keep there foot in there mouth. I have know problem with JP and would have a cold one tommorrw with him. I would love to pair up some day for some fun for sure. Peace out!! :)

STV_Keith
10-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Where's RD and his damn video camera? Damn slacker! :devil:

Boat Racer
10-21-2004, 05:02 PM
STVBOY: been here done that, on another site with a gent. about his 28 Daytona... You and I sound alot alike, will run anything anytime, those top end numbers are impressive & if we had a mile or so 110+ would be reached but at our size & weight it's even more dangerous...
JP keep the hammer down & the right side up, 115 is haulin'...

HavasuDreamin'
10-21-2004, 05:54 PM
JP your boat is bad ass for shizzle, I just want to see a video of some guys racin' ......that is all. :D

RiverDave
10-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Talk your shit Dave!!! ( what do you have a Nordic :sleeping: ) I am not backing down hear but I never said I smoked JP.All I said was he never passed me until I got out of it because I was out in front.I just assummed when he wasn't coming up on me that he wasn't getting on it due to extras in the boat. People I know were suprised because they were at Roadrunner and said they heard him get on it the same time I did. I've never said lets run distance ever my boat wasn't set up for that and i don't have a desire to do it. Second my boat is not an STV its a Rapid Craft completely different boats. If he wants to put his 90 mph prop on I would be glad to run and watch that outdrive scatter to the bottom of the river. I was never talking shit he said his boat does about 115 mph and I was just trying to get him to get on it and see it run thats it.
Jesus bro, it was just a joke... You gotta relax a little bit, that whacka smoke has gone to your head. ;) :D Perhaps less time in the bench racers section is req'd?
STVKeith, me and my video camera are sittin right here.. ;) :D (editing video right now)
RD

Wakker
10-21-2004, 10:39 PM
I hope your not talking about me, Dave. I would be the only STV in the Keyes aside from Keith and I know your not reffering to him... Beat up from the feat up? Empty the stoker, prop it down and line it up. I'd like a fair run with that Stoker, but I don't think you guys get up early enough to run on clean water :)
P.S. If you want to make it 1/2 mile, we can do that too, and bring a G-note, my boat really guzzles the fuel.. the money will help..

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 05:50 AM
I hope your not talking about me, Dave. I would be the only STV in the Keyes aside from Keith and I know your not reffering to him... Beat up from the feat up? Empty the stoker, prop it down and line it up. I'd like a fair run with that Stoker, but I don't think you guys get up early enough to run on clean water :)
P.S. If you want to make it 1/2 mile, we can do that too, and bring a G-note, my boat really guzzles the fuel.. the money will help..
G-note?.. wow.. thats getting expensive.. I'll run you to the DAM for that.. but it might be better to test your driving skills and put something other than flat water under your boat :D
Although I dont think its nessicary to spend all that money to have a good time.. I'll see you out there.. we'll have to get a rolling start and It wont be early in the morning.. My boat hates flat water..
Just an fyi.. I wont be up all night changing heads and props for this.. My boat runs like this all the time.. :smile: So why dont you run what you brung :D

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 05:56 AM
I am not pissed but when people distort what really happens and start talking ish about something that did not happen and they don't own anything to back it up they should keep there foot in there mouth. I have know problem with JP and would have a cold one tommorrw with him. I would love to pair up some day for some fun for sure. Peace out!! :)
Its all good in the hood :)

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 05:58 AM
STVBOY: been here done that, on another site with a gent. about his 28 Daytona... You and I sound alot alike, will run anything anytime, those top end numbers are impressive & if we had a mile or so 110+ would be reached but at our size & weight it's even more dangerous...
JP keep the hammer down & the right side up, 115 is haulin'...
:D

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 06:02 AM
JP your boat is bad ass for shizzle, I just want to see a video of some guys racin' ......that is all. :D
thanks for the compiments.. :D The Rapid craft is very nice too.. Im like you..
My computer is full of vids of races and fast passes ..I dont care who or what is running... I can watch it all day..

superdave013
10-22-2004, 06:39 AM
Some of the hot Ski race boats can top 140....but most run in the 120-130 range...now those are V's... Not knowing anything about the limitations of the Stoker 22, but I am going to guess around 125-130 will be pushing it.....I think a call to Alan might be worthwhile..
I would like to see a 140mph ski race boat.

RiverDave
10-22-2004, 10:50 AM
I would like to see a 140mph ski race boat.
I'm pretty sure WarPath runs up in that territory doesn't it? I'm not sure if it actually runs 140, but I heard rumours that it was pretty damn close to it when they were testing it without a skier?
RD

RiverDave
10-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Actually bro your not the only STV in the keys.. I know of atleast one other one, and I'm pretty sure there's two. but to set your mind at ease I was talking about ya.. LOL :D once again just joking around no harm no foul. ;)
Just trying to get things moving in the "flming" dept..
I will say though that the typical "whacka mentallity" is definately showing itself in this thread. For you guys to go out and do anything everything has to be just peeerrrrfffeeccttt..
Boats already laid up like a potatoe chip, but the tanks gotta be empty, wind has to be right, water has to be just right, motor has to be perfectly dialed, and ya need to get used to this or that, this prop isn't perfect, and if that's not enough, you had to eat blocks of chedda cheeze and brand muffins the night before so you can clean out as much of your colon as possible to shave an extra 6 ounces.
Or over here ya got a guy that runs his boat the way it sits all day long.. I doubt he checks the gas gauges before he punches off with someone.. The boat has an anchor a sand spike, ropes, bouies, coolers, maybe a couple of chix in it at the time.. Yet if he wins, he wins, and if he loses he loses.
The one thing I can say without a shadow of a doubt though to both of ya whacka heads, is he hasn't lost yet and that includes to both of ya. One of ya flat out lost (crossing his own wakes? Wrong head on the boat etc.. if ya whooped up on him what's all the excuses about?) , and the other one doesn't even constitute a run..
Flying by someone 30 miles per hour faster then they were going then letting off the gas real quick doesn't acquire ya a gold star in my book. :D
Next time pull up along side hang back for a second, and get thrown into the losers bracket with the rest of the whackas.. LOL :D
(ya see now that last part was just talkin smack.. LOL :D so before ya get your pull ropes all tangled up, realize it was a joke )
As far as what I may or may not have (nordic :sleeping: ).. ya never know, I migth be ready to give ya both a shot soon enough. ;) Getting into the marine biz ya know.. LOL But I'll stick with the carboats if ya please.
RD

STV_Keith
10-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Dave, what do you expect to get for $11k? My "potato chip" will never handle the water that a 3000+# I/O will take, period.

RiverDave
10-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Dave, what do you expect to get for $11k? My "potato chip" will never handle the water that a 3000+# I/O will take, period.
Keith, I've been in your boat... don't lie to me. :D
You got that whole when in doubt trim it out theory going on. :D
RD

STV_Keith
10-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah, but upon exiting I believe you said something to the effect of "I'm not getting back in that thing with you, ever!"

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah, but upon exiting I believe you said something to the effect of "I'm not getting back in that thing with you, ever!"
LMAO..

RiverDave
10-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Ah yes I remember that ride... I remember that one quite well. :D
I remember thinking... Dave why the hell did you get in this thing?
RD

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Ah yes I remember that ride... I remember that one quite well. :D
I remember thinking... Dave why the hell did you get in this thing?
RD
I think I have heard you say that more than once :D

RiverDave
10-22-2004, 12:24 PM
I think I have heard you say that more than once :D
No no... what you heard was
"If your going to be doing that shit on the way home your going to be taking that vest off and giving it to me" :D
RD

Nor-Cal
10-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Anyone know of any 22' DCB stern-drives running 110+ mph? I know the twin outboards can do it pretty easy.. just never heard of any i/o that have..
-nc

superdave013
10-22-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure WarPath runs up in that territory doesn't it? I'm not sure if it actually runs 140, but I heard rumours that it was pretty damn close to it when they were testing it without a skier?
RD
forgot about that one. It might be close. But it takes alot of oats to do that. The next closest I'd say would be that Prime Marine deal. Now that's a boat that would be fun to romp up and down the strip!
Anyway, some nice bench racin going on here! :coffeycup

STVBOY
10-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Actually bro your not the only STV in the keys.. I know of atleast one other one, and I'm pretty sure there's two. but to set your mind at ease I was talking about ya.. LOL once again just joking around no harm no foul. ;)
Just trying to get things moving in the "flming" dept..
I will say though that the typical "whacka mentallity" is definately showing itself in this thread. For you guys to go out and do anything everything has to be just peeerrrrfffeeccttt..
Boats already laid up like a potatoe chip, but the tanks gotta be empty, wind has to be right, water has to be just right, motor has to be perfectly dialed, and ya need to get used to this or that, this prop isn't perfect, and if that's not enough, you had to eat blocks of chedda cheeze and brand muffins the night before so you can clean out as much of your colon as possible to shave an extra 6 ounces.
Or over here ya got a guy that runs his boat the way it sits all day long.. I doubt he checks the gas gauges before he punches off with someone.. The boat has an anchor a sand spike, ropes, bouies, coolers, maybe a couple of chix in it at the time.. Yet if he wins, he wins, and if he loses he loses.
The one thing I can say without a shadow of a doubt though to both of ya whacka heads, is he hasn't lost yet and that includes to both of ya. One of ya flat out lost (crossing his own wakes? Wrong head on the boat etc.. if ya whooped up on him what's all the excuses about?) , and the other one doesn't even constitute a run..
Flying by someone 30 miles per hour faster then they were going then letting off the gas real quick doesn't acquire ya a gold star in my book.
Next time pull up along side hang back for a second, and get thrown into the losers bracket with the rest of the whackas.. LOL
(ya see now that last part was just talkin smack.. LOL so before ya get your pull ropes all tangled up, realize it was a joke )
As far as what I may or may not have (nordic ).. ya never know, I migth be ready to give ya both a shot soon enough. ;) Getting into the marine biz ya know.. LOL But I'll stick with the carboats if ya please.
RD
Thats funny shit!! But I did let off the throttle and waited to hit it when I heard is motor.Not my fault his takes a little while to get going! :D He was the one that said next time he would want to bring out his 90mph prop out to make it apples for apples and you are saying he will run it as is. I think you should let JP do the talking he knows alot more about his boats strengths and limitations because you are fu@king his game up for sure. :D Are you his promoter or something I think he needs a new one!!! :D If he wants to run dam to dam set him up with a 22 DCB with twins. The twins combine do not make the power that his does and they can hit it out of the whole and run in the upper teens with him? Just a thought! Would make a great video thats forsure!!! :D

HavasuDreamin'
10-22-2004, 01:32 PM
RD
I have to respond to this......LOL. First off, your colon comment cracks me up. :D Question...........would you run upwards of 130mph in an 18' boat if the conditions weren't perfect? :220v: Didn't think so. Potato chip or not is a reflection on acceleration, not necessarily top end. Yes the water has to be pretty close to just right.......maybe 12" of chop or so and no the wind can't be blowing 40 mph. With regard to weight, yes O/B's are a little more sensitive to weight, but throw two people in it (including the driver) for this race if you like. Throw in a cooler, anchor, etc. if you like. The boat should be dialed in with the right prop on it, no excuses. Then race 1/2 to 1 mile.
And somebody please film it. If the STV has a drag on it, my money is on the STV. That boat should push 130mph real hard......... maybe only 125mph with the anchor and extra person. :eek:
HD

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Thats funny shit!! But I did let off the throttle and waited to hit it when I heard is motor.Not my fault his takes a little while to get going! :D He was the one that said next time he would want to bring out his 90mph prop out to make it apples for apples and you are saying he will run it as is. I think you should let JP do the talking he knows alot more about his boats strengths and limitations because you are fu@king his game up for sure. :D Are you his promoter or something I think he needs a new one!!! :D If he wants to run dam to dam set him up with a 22 DCB with twins. The twins combine do not make the power that his does and they can hit it out of the whole and run in the upper teens with him? Just a thought! Would make a great video thats forsure!!! :D
:idea:
Hey Dave!! Your messing my game up :D
there is no race here.. we have two different boats.. You dont want to run further then a 1/2 mile .. and I dont want to break my drive... But for video sake.. we should run a longer deal.. you'll smoke me for the first 1/8 mile or so.. then I'll catch you and pass you.. Come on.. it will be fun :D
Or even better yet.. why dont you guys run revndave :rollside: He'll race you from a dead stop..

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 01:47 PM
I have to respond to this......LOL. First off, your colon comment cracks me up. :D Question...........would you run upwards of 130mph in an 18' boat if the conditions weren't perfect? :220v: Didn't think so. Potato chip or not is a reflection on acceleration, not necessarily top end. Yes the water has to be pretty close to just right.......maybe 12" of chop or so and no the wind can't be blowing 40 mph. With regard to weight, yes O/B's are a little more sensitive to weight, but throw two people in it (including the driver) for this race if you like. Throw in a cooler, anchor, etc. if you like. The boat should be dialed in with the right prop on it, no excuses. Then race 1/2 to 1 mile.
And somebody please film it. If the STV has a drag on it, my money is on the STV. That boat should push 130mph real hard......... maybe only 125mph with the anchor and extra person. :eek:
HD
now that makes sense to me :D

STVBOY
10-22-2004, 01:48 PM
:idea:
Hey Dave!! Your messing my game up :D
there is no race here.. we have two different boats.. You dont want to run further then a 1/2 mile .. and I dont want to break my drive... But for video sake.. we should run a longer deal.. you'll smoke me for the first 1/8 mile or so.. then I'll catch you and pass you.. Come on.. it will be fun :D
Or even better yet.. why dont you guys run revndave :rollside: He'll race you from a dead stop..
I'm up for it but I will never let you pass because I will let off before you get a chance!!LOL :D

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm up for it but I will never let you pass because I will let off before you get a chance!!LOL :D
LMAO.. now that is some funny shit..I dont care who you are..lol..
GETRDONE!! :D

CrazyHippy
10-22-2004, 02:22 PM
you cracked 120 yet JP?? :confused:
There's a few STV's that have :D :supp: :D
Does take about 1/2 mile strung out though :messedup:
BJH :D

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 02:27 PM
you cracked 120 yet JP?? :confused:
There's a few STV's that have :D :supp: :D
Does take about 1/2 mile strung out though :messedup:
BJH :D
Nope.. not yet.. Im maxed where Im at.. I have to do a little work to get over that wall :rollside:
Im working out some x demension stuff before I start down that path...
you get over 100 yet?

CrazyHippy
10-22-2004, 02:32 PM
hahaha i was over 106 on my 3rd trip out (last motor)
Have a realllllly healthy (not pump gas friendly) 2.5 that i just finished breaking in, and was in the high teens (118.7 GPS) and way under propped, need to find a 32 instead of a 30 :devil:
Damned thing tries to rip your head off w/ a 26" prop, i'm afraid of a 24", but that's what it should like for 1/4 mile stuff :confused:
BJH

jackpunx
10-22-2004, 02:34 PM
hahaha i was over 106 on my 3rd trip out (last motor)
Have a realllllly healthy (not pump gas friendly) 2.5 that i just finished breaking in, and was in the high teens (118.7 GPS) and way under propped, need to find a 32 instead of a 30 :devil:
Damned thing tries to rip your head off w/ a 26" prop, i'm afraid of a 24", but that's what it should like for 1/4 mile stuff :confused:
BJH
Congrats on those numbers!! very nice.. I know you have been looking forward to this for a while.. :D

CrazyHippy
10-22-2004, 02:43 PM
ohhh yeah... i would like to see 120, but i need a taller prop (was over 9k rpm 2nd 1/2 of run) and have to swap the power head back out :notam:
It's over 100 w/ the "little" motor, and it's nice filling up w/ 91 :D
BJH

Wakker
10-22-2004, 08:06 PM
RiverDave, You talk shit all day long like you have something for me... go out, buy a boat that will hang then come talk your shit, until then stop talking shit for Mark, hes a big boy, I think he can speak for himself...
Jackpunx, One minute your talking shit about running your "90" mph prop and then the next your trying to get a poor little whacker to run you for 2 miles in chop on a crowded waterway in the middle of the day once your hangover wears off, then you talk smack and tell them to go race some other dude. Last I checked no racing bodies run anything longer than a 1/4 mile drag race from a standing start. As far as "run what ya brung" goes, BRING YOUR SHIT... I've got a small drag prop on the boat with no compression and run it on 91 octane straight from the pump and I know I'll leave on you and pull away the whole race. I will gladly educate you and RD when your ready, and be sure to video it and post it on the internet so you guys can't spew your shit about "why did u let off" and "I was pulling up on you"... I've got 15K TOTAL in my little shitbox boat and have torn up faster, more expensive heavy turds than yours.
RD, You think Keith's heavy boat was a mistake to get into? I will gladly let you ride along with me and scream in terror when I rip that stoker apart...
P.S. Why don't you two come up to speed alley one saturday and see how you stack up? I mean, you SHOULD have the fastest boat up there the way you two lovers talk...

STV_Keith
10-22-2004, 09:26 PM
P.S. Why don't you two come up to speed alley one saturday and see how you stack up? I mean, you SHOULD have the fastest boat up there the way you two lovers talk...
You gonna be up there tomorrow Wakker? I'll be on Havasu tomorrow too.

Wakker
10-22-2004, 10:28 PM
I wish I could go, but I won't be there... hopefully soon...

BADBLOWN572
10-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Jackpunx, your trying to get a poor little whacker to run you for 2 miles in chop on a crowded waterway in the middle of the day once your hangover wears off.
Well, this is completely untrue. I have never seen Jackpunx EVER run anyone in any situation where it was crowded. In chop, sure, but not when it is ever unsafe or crowded. Additionally, I have never seen Mark have a hangover...Why? BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DRINK!!! Before you speak, I would suggest getting your facts straight. I am sure that if you want to run, he will run you, but don't talk trash until it happens.
When was the last time you had a drag race at the river? I can not recall one that I have seen or been in. 99% of the time, it is from a running start. I would put $$$ on Jackpunx stoker that he would SPANK the STV on any day during the summer over a course of 1 mile or longer. Possibly shorter if the water is rough.
Wakker, I have been out and seen you run. I have also been in STV_Keith's boat. I have no doubt that if you do a drag race from a standing start, you two would beat the Stoker because Mark is not stupid and does not want to scatter his outdrive. Why? The boat is not designed to be a drag boat! The boat is setup to run hard in any type of water at any time. If you want to do a start from 30-??? fine. If you were to try to go out on a rough day and run 100+ at any time, it is not going to happen (safely).
I am not trying to bust anyones balls here, I am just stating the facts. The Stoker can run really hard in any water Parker has to offer. Your boats can not. Your boat is designed to haul ass in the right water and get there quickly. The deternining factor in any race between the Stoker and the STV style boat is going to be the water and the distance. Short distance in glass from a dead stop, you have got him. Rough water, running start, ain't no way.
Wakker, RD has the perfect boat for what we do. That boat is the ultimate party barge. Load a ton of people on it and party our asses off all the way to the bar. Why does he need a boat that hauls ass when on any weekend we have at minimum of one or two 100+ MPH boats parked on the dock. Sometimes more! Seems to me that we have all the bases covered.

CrazyHippy
10-22-2004, 11:43 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head. It depends on the water. I've run fairly hard in 1' slop (faster than i should have, but i was running down that damned daytona no matter what :D ) But there is no way i'd intentionally run Mark in that crap.
A well setup STV in decent water (6" chop is ok, not much bigger) will give the Stoker a run for the money, starting any speed, pretty much any distance. There are several Whackers running around that would hand Mark his ass the 1st half mile or so and probably beyond, but they are super light weight, morning only toys.
Where Marks boat shines is carrying some extra weight at speed. Adding a passenger in the front seat of the STV costs me roughly 4 MPH on top, it might be better if they sat in back, but.... that's not going to happen :confused:
At this point we're just pissing in the wind :rolleyes: Mark usually has a load of folks on board, and is smart enough / respectful enough not to do anything overly crazy w/ a full boat. And most of the time the Wackers @ the river are running short props to make slaughtering the jet boats that much easier :D
BJ(still waiting on the Stoker ride)H :chi: :D :chi:

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 09:17 AM
RiverDave, You talk shit all day long like you have something for me... go out, buy a boat that will hang then come talk your shit, until then stop talking shit for Mark, hes a big boy, I think he can speak for himself...
Jackpunx, One minute your talking shit about running your "90" mph prop and then the next your trying to get a poor little whacker to run you for 2 miles in chop on a crowded waterway in the middle of the day once your hangover wears off, then you talk smack and tell them to go race some other dude. Last I checked no racing bodies run anything longer than a 1/4 mile drag race from a standing start. As far as "run what ya brung" goes, BRING YOUR SHIT... I've got a small drag prop on the boat with no compression and run it on 91 octane straight from the pump and I know I'll leave on you and pull away the whole race. I will gladly educate you and RD when your ready, and be sure to video it and post it on the internet so you guys can't spew your shit about "why did u let off" and "I was pulling up on you"... I've got 15K TOTAL in my little shitbox boat and have torn up faster, more expensive heavy turds than yours.
RD, You think Keith's heavy boat was a mistake to get into? I will gladly let you ride along with me and scream in terror when I rip that stoker apart...
I dont see any smiley faces.. or LOL's.. nothing.. Bro.. Your taking this waaaayyy to serious...LmAO..
:smile: (Insert smile face here)
At the river.. there are not starting lines.. Unless you want to run from Blue water up to the last turn at the dam.. other then that.. its all about pulling up next to someone, where there is not traffic and conditions are ok.. then hitting it at kinda :confused: the same time.. Then you go and float for a while with them and lie about your boats and drink (what ever it is that you drink :rollside: ).. There is no 1/4 mile, Dead stop with lights going on last I looked..
I can run a small prop.. But I really donÂ’t think I need to .. I will hunt your ass when you run out of spunk at 80 and pass you at 90 like your standing still.. :D
We both know your boat is quick.. and that it will run out of prop really fast.. (So if I were you.. I would stay away Crazy hippy) (his boat is set up to run :D ) thatÂ’s why you guys set them up for bursts.. If I had one.. I would do the same..

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Had to make it two posts.. to many smiles..
I go to the river to enjoy my friends and my boat.. So most of the time I have a boat full of friends.. :smile: .. IÂ’m not going to endanger any of their lives hanging it all out..
But I can take them to 100mph in short bursts pretty much anytime of the day..
The reason I suggested you guys race some of the other people is because those are my friends.. And to me its less about racing and more about hanging out.. (win or loose)..
One last thing.. DonÂ’t mistake Humility for weakness.. :smile: IÂ’m not sure how old you are but have you ever heard that old saying about the two bulls up on the hill? (just a joke.. Insert smile here :D )
I would love one of those rides in your boat.. Thank god it wont do over 90.. WeÂ’ll probably survive the crash :D another joke about seat time.. :D
Ive been up to speed alley.. Never saw you there :smile:
If it makes you feel better for me to go play in your backyard.. (Running on smooth water, early in the morning with no gas in the tanks and nothing in the coolers on a perfect day when the sun shines from the east and my colon is thoroughly clean :smile: ..
I'll borrow Crazy Hippys boat and hand you your ass.. LMAO..
As far as RD and his shit talking.. You should come over and hang out.. He might be able to tell you the punchline on that Bull joke.. (Actually.. its not really a joke.. its a way of life)..LMAO..
CH
You got your Stoker ride any time.. I expect a ride in your boat as well.. Again .. Cograts on those numbers.. I cant wait to see you run it hard at BBSP :smile:

RiverDave
10-25-2004, 09:59 AM
RiverDave, You talk shit all day long like you have something for me... go out, buy a boat that will hang
Hang? Shit I my boats "hangin" all the time?
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/rdbd/images/719Daves_B-day_bash_034.jpg
Now I know you got the whacka brain going on so I'll explain it to ya right quick.. Those things.. Well those are called chix. When the whacka smoke (aka chick repellant) clears in the canal, if you come outside and look across the way you'll see some. :D
I will gladly educate you and RD when your ready, and be sure to video it and post it on the internet so you guys can't spew your shit about "why did u let off" and "I was pulling up on you"
As far as educating me, I'm smart enough to know that if I'm going to be going and buying something that's only going to run on glass, and haul ass, I'd buy a flat or other v-drive?.. spend alot less then 15K and be waxing you whacka heads from dead stop drags all day long.. say for example something like this
STV Spanker (http://www.dragboats.com/classifieds/picture_detail.php?AdID=2350)
Or... You can pick just about anything on this list of whacka spanka's.. (except for da jetboats)
Whacka Spankas (http://www.dragboats.com/classifieds/allads.php?AdTypeID=30)
I can appreciate you building something kinda cool, that's fast, and doesn't take too much skill to drive on flat water for your kid to roll around in and tear up the occasional big dollar ride in the morning.. But don't be talkin to me about education there "sonny" because whackas are cool for a turnkey ride, but you know as well as I do, most v-drives will take ya too school then make ya sit in the corner wearing a funny hat.. for less money then you have in your self proclaimed
little shitbox
While I certainly appreciate the offer of the ride, I prefer the rides I go on to be even heavier then Keiths boat.. I'd be more then happy to film the both of ya running from the front view though? Although I am going to have to work on that zoom deal though becuase your going to be fading into the distance pretty quick.
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/rdbd/images/DSC00986.jpg
Big Block Spanking Party homeskillet.. LOL :D I will most certainly be there. :) Shit I might even bring my whacka!
http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/images/bubbles/1stRiverTrip/Driving4.jpg
http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/images/bubbles/1stRiverTrip/Driving2.jpg
You silly Rabbit
Whackas are for kids... Chix are for pimps.
RD

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 10:10 AM
LMAO.. that is some funny shit.. ha ha ha.. Notice who is in the middle of all the girls.. :cool:

Rev. Williams
10-25-2004, 10:18 AM
LMAO.. that is some funny shit.. ha ha ha.. Notice who is in the middle of all the girls.. :cool:
Is the girl on the far bottom left holding a Dildo?? :D :D Was that for you Mark? :D :D :eek: :D
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/04/rdbd/images/719Daves_B-day_bash_034.jpg

HavasuDreamin'
10-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Is the one chick in the lower left hand corner drinking out of dildo straw or what the heck is it? LOL :2purples:
EDIT: Damn..........beat me to it Rev! :rollside:

RiverDave
10-25-2004, 10:26 AM
It's a cock sippy cup thing that she has... You can ask her yourself if ya like she goes by "riverdiva" on RRL
RD

HP350SC
10-25-2004, 10:34 AM
So you two looked at that picture and the penis stood out? Hmmmmm. :D

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Is the girl on the far bottom left holding a Dildo?? :D :D Was that for you Mark? :D :D :eek: :D
LMAO.. if that was for me.. it would be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.. :D

HP350SC
10-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Oh by the way, kick their ass Mark! :hammerhea

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Oh by the way, kick their ass Mark! :hammerhea
LOL.. you can jump in any time here.. :D
My Stoker Brother :smile:

Rev. Williams
10-25-2004, 10:45 AM
It's a cock sippy cup thing that she has... You can ask her yourself if ya like she goes by "riverdiva" on RRL
RD
You gotta love a girl that can drink from the cock !!! :D :D

HavasuDreamin'
10-25-2004, 10:59 AM
So you two looked at that picture and the penis stood out? Hmmmmm. :D
Uh............NO. A good lookin' girl with a kung foo grip around a co*k is kinda hard to miss. :eek:

Wakker
10-25-2004, 11:19 AM
I dont see any smiley faces.. or LOL's.. nothing.. Bro.. Your taking this waaaayyy to serious...LmAO..
:smile: (Insert smile face here)
I can run a small prop.. But I really don’t think I need to .. I will hunt your ass when you run out of spunk at 80 and pass you at 90 like your standing still.. :D
We both know your boat is quick.. and that it will run out of prop really fast.. (So if I were you.. I would stay away Crazy hippy) (his boat is set up to run :D ) that’s why you guys set them up for bursts.. If I had one.. I would do the same..
So sorry about the lack of smileys... Out of spunk at 80? The smallest prop I run puts me around 100-102 and as long as it takes you to get there I would say you better run 115+ for a long, long time before you "hunt my ass" :) :) :)

Wakker
10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
If it makes you feel better for me to go play in your backyard.. (Running on smooth water, early in the morning with no gas in the tanks and nothing in the coolers on a perfect day when the sun shines from the east and my colon is thoroughly clean :smile: ..
I'll borrow Crazy Hippys boat and hand you your ass.. LMAO..
Please do. I would love to see you try and drive a real tunnel boat. You always seem to eliminate your own boat from the mix. Race my buddy. I'll borrow this guy's boat. Why don't you just bring your insanely fast boat BBSP and we'll have a go at it? :)

Wakker
10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
I can appreciate you building something kinda cool, that's fast, and doesn't take too much skill to drive on flat water for your kid to roll around in and tear up the occasional big dollar ride in the morning.. But don't be talkin to me about education there "sonny" because whackas are cool for a turnkey ride, but you know as well as I do, most v-drives will take ya too school then make ya sit in the corner wearing a funny hat.. for less money then you have in your self proclaimed...
RD
For my kid? Who do you think your talking to here, ya old fart :)

HP350SC
10-25-2004, 12:14 PM
LOL.. you can jump in any time here.. :D
My Stoker Brother :smile:
No point arguing over different type boats. You don't brag that your Camaro will blow a Jeep on the street, and you don't take your Camaro off road. Moot point.
If all the whacker guys can afford is 12K then what they have is a good choice. You don't see any whacker guys talking sh.t on the 159mph thread now do you?

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Please do. I would love to see you try and drive a real tunnel boat. You always seem to eliminate your own boat from the mix. Race my buddy. I'll borrow this guy's boat. Why don't you just bring your insanely fast boat BBSP and we'll have a go at it? :)
The only one that has said my boat is insanely fast is you. I never said it was in the same bracket with your style boats.. But I'll be there.. :smile: The guys that will give you a run for your money on that type of water are flatty/vdrives and jets
And I'll be happy to drive anyoneÂ’s "Real Tunnel" anytime! :smile: (I guess mine is a fake tunnel) Do you have a center sponson?..
As fast as my boat is mixed with the all around characteristics that your boat lacks.. I would say I got you covered.. In most cases (on flat water)you could put a monkey in that boat and it will act the same way.. Put your self in a situation where you have to read some water and commit...then tell me how you feel about it.. Your asking me to do something with my boat that you wouldnÂ’t do with yours.. IÂ’ve been to BBSP and the water is very flat and shallow.. What may be normal in yours could be real dangerous in mine..
[B]So sorry about the lack of smileys... Out of spunk at 80? The smallest prop I run puts me around 100-102 and as long as it takes you to get there I would say you better run 115+ for a long, long time before you "hunt my ass" [/B
My boat only goes about 96.. :smile: .. I think you got me ..aww shucks!!
The only way your going to get me is if you put another head on your boat and prop up..
If your such a good tunnel driver.. I'll see you at bbsp.. But lets run up to topac.. Any real tunnel driver would take that challenge :smile: Grow some nuts.. I know those boats can handle the water.. IÂ’ve seen it happen.. Come on!! I'll tie one hand behind my back. I'll even take someone with me and leave the cooler in.. LMAO.. This is not a sanctioned race.. BBSP is about bringing your little fishing boat out.. Something you can run all day long.. Something that will make it from one side of the lake to the other.. IsnÂ’t that the difference between trailer queens and lake boats?.. What do you have?
You can tell me what I expect you to tell me.. So if your challenging me.. it will be on my terms.. otherwise you have a boat that only goes straight and cant handle anything other then flat water..
That sounds like a trailer queen to me :wink:
Sorry for the Bench Racing :smile:

CrazyHippy
10-25-2004, 01:10 PM
I'll see you at bbsp.. But lets run up to topac.. Any real tunnel driver would take that challenge :smile: Grow some nuts.. :wink:
Sorry for the Bench Racing :smile:
OK.. 6am sat morning..... :D
BJH

RiverDave
10-25-2004, 01:15 PM
STV's don't turn for shit "at speed" anyways Mark, I think ya got em.. ;) :D
RD

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 01:21 PM
OK.. 6am sat morning..... :D
BJH
LMAO

CrazyHippy
10-25-2004, 01:28 PM
RD
What do you think the STV was designed for? Circle racing....
Why did they change from the Ski bottom (faster and better in the rough) to the Mod VP bottom? To get the boat to settle into the water quicker so it could turn harder at the end of the straight.
What are the Hardest turning ground vehicles? F1 boats, and what does the bottom of an F1 boat look like???
BJH :boxed: :p :boxed:

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 01:31 PM
What do you think the STV was designed for? Circle racing....
Why did they change from the Ski bottom (faster and better in the rough) to the Mod VP bottom? To get the boat to settle into the water quicker so it could turn harder at the end of the straight.
What are the Hardest turning ground vehicles? F1 boats, and what does the bottom of an F1 boat look like???
BJH :boxed: :p :boxed:
well good then.. He should have no problem stepping up to the plate :D

Nor-Cal
10-25-2004, 01:55 PM
RD
RD.. sense when did you learn so much about boats? :D :rollside: :D
-NC

STV_Keith
10-25-2004, 02:54 PM
RD
Depends on what you consider "at speed". Anything below about 65 (where they really start packing air and lifting), they will turn on a dime. You have to hold on if you crank it hard, or it can pitch you out. Above that, they do tend to crab around rather than turn...once aired out, they want to hop and turn.
Now, in a pylon race, you would drive them more like a true tunnel boat...accel hard, off the throttle, trim down, set the boat (inside sponson down), turn, then accelerate away. They'll do pretty well like that.

hugh jascock
10-25-2004, 03:33 PM
first off i would like to tell you that i am wakker's dad. now with that out of the way i would like to make a few comments on this subject and try to find some common ground here.
first i want to say that wakker was brought into this by riverdaves comment that he was"beat up from the feet up" by marks boat when in fact i dont believe that was the case at all. then the comments about whackers.eggbeaters,smokers etc. greg is 16 and he's proud of his boat and its performance capability and so am i. just as you are proud of your boat and its performance capability. ive known alan stoker for many years and owned a 20ft sst for 14 yrs so i know the pride that goes along with owning one of there boats.
now it seems that there are alot of people who like to look down there noses at the smaller out board tunnell boats and it just seems that you guys dont know where your technollogy evolved from. mark,your boat was desighned and built by a "whacker" guy. the mod v/p hull was desighned for closed course racing as a class at o.p.c events. the heritage of your boat lies with the o/b tunnel boats. the heritage of all the big cats lie with the f1 tunnels as they were the first true "air entrapment" hulls.
i'm not going to get into who's boat is faster/better/quicker/stronger/halls more people/uses less gas/turns harder/rides better/bla bla bla. that is a winless arguement.
you have in my opinion the best 22ft boat made,i may not own a stoker anymore but i still have the loyalty to the stoker family and that is what makes them special.
now to try and end this thing and keep everyone from looking like "dogs in a kennell" lets just say these boats are capable of beating each other at different types of racing and have different stengths and weaknesses but that is a result of size and weight. they are both bitchen boats and i'd be proud to own either one and that is what is fueling this whole deal"PRIDE"!
i hate this whole carboat vs whacker bullshit myself. i have owned both and my partner and i were njba high points champions in unblown fuel jet in 1983 with a crusader tunnel named "spare parts" so i have a good idea what they are capable of also.
the bottom line is to enjoy the type of boat you have chosen and know there are strengths and weakneses to all of them.
making fun of someones boat is like insulting there wife and there are lines that should not be crossed. with all the things that are going on with noise/speed/alcohol and the like we need to hang together otherwise we wont be going over 50mph in any type of boat.
hope to meet you and i hope i have conveyed the message in the appropriate manner.
h/j

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 04:01 PM
first off i would like to tell you that i am wakker's dad. now with that out of the way i would like to make a few comments on this subject and try to find some common ground here.
first i want to say that wakker was brought into this by riverdaves comment that he was"beat up from the feet up" by marks boat when in fact i dont believe that was the case at all. then the comments about whackers.eggbeaters,smokers etc. greg is 16 and he's proud of his boat and its performance capability and so am i. just as you are proud of your boat and its performance capability. ive known alan stoker for many years and owned a 20ft sst for 14 yrs so i know the pride that goes along with owning one of there boats.
now it seems that there are alot of people who like to look down there noses at the smaller out board tunnell boats and it just seems that you guys dont know where your technollogy evolved from. mark,your boat was desighned and built by a "whacker" guy. the mod v/p hull was desighned for closed course racing as a class at o.p.c events. the heritage of your boat lies with the o/b tunnel boats. the heritage of all the big cats lie with the f1 tunnels as they were the first true "air entrapment" hulls.
i'm not going to get into who's boat is faster/better/quicker/stronger/halls more people/uses less gas/turns harder/rides better/bla bla bla. that is a winless arguement.
you have in my opinion the best 22ft boat made,i may not own a stoker anymore but i still have the loyalty to the stoker family and that is what makes them special.
now to try and end this thing and keep everyone from looking like "dogs in a kennell" lets just say these boats are capable of beating each other at different types of racing and have different stengths and weaknesses but that is a result of size and weight. they are both bitchen boats and i'd be proud to own either one and that is what is fueling this whole deal"PRIDE"!
i hate this whole carboat vs whacker bullshit myself. i have owned both and my partner and i were njba high points champions in unblown fuel jet in 1983 with a crusader tunnel named "spare parts" so i have a good idea what they are capable of also.
the bottom line is to enjoy the type of boat you have chosen and know there are strengths and weakneses to all of them.
making fun of someones boat is like insulting there wife and there are lines that should not be crossed. with all the things that are going on with noise/speed/alcohol and the like we need hang together otherwise we wont be going over 50mph in any type of boat.
hope to meet you and i hope i have conveyed the message in the appropriate manner.
h/j
HJ,
First off I would like to tell you that I mean NO disrespect towards you, your son or the sport. I am a Proud boater.. it has nothing to do with the type of boat that I have.. What we are doing on the boards here is just talking trash. I stay pretty neutral unless I know someone because I know that words cut deep. You never know who you are dealing with on the boards.. Second.. I have met your son in person.. He's a good kid..
I know and have stated that we have different boats that are good in different situations.. For me.. its never going to be a battle.. I know what my boat is good for.. and its not a race boat either..
I appreciate the compliments on the Stoker.. I am very proud of my boat..But not to the point of where I would let someone insult me by the boat that I choose to drive..
That was the point I was trying to put across to your son when asking him to post more smiles.. The point was not to take this seriously.. Some of the other guys out there with Wakers are my good friends.. We use this forum to get to know each other, lie about our boats, find meeting spots and find ways to make boating easier on us.. Then.. we talk trash and get each other all riled up.
I hope to meet you in person and know that although some people may get very emotional about it.. There is no disrespect intended by ME!
Mark
;)

jackpunx
10-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Depends on what you consider "at speed". Anything below about 65 (where they really start packing air and lifting), they will turn on a dime. You have to hold on if you crank it hard, or it can pitch you out. Above that, they do tend to crab around rather than turn...once aired out, they want to hop and turn.
Now, in a pylon race, you would drive them more like a true tunnel boat...accel hard, off the throttle, trim down, set the boat (inside sponson down), turn, then accelerate away. They'll do pretty well like that.
LMAO.. Are you seeing a pattern here?..lol.. this thread should go to Bench Racers.. :smile:

XtrmWakeborder
10-25-2004, 07:14 PM
LMAO riverdave that was some funny ass shit..i love the pics with the commentary..Jackpunx when do you hit the river weekends/weekdays? ive never see you down by the damn, and it seems like you go alot.

hulshot
10-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Hey Jp I got your back. the motor is coming out this week and the muscle is going in. I want to back my fellow Stoker Bro. It his fault I have the one I do anyway.

superdave013
10-26-2004, 04:56 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/572000-572999/572342_22.jpg
holy crap! A 16yo kid owns the above boat!! How bad ass is that?? I grew up on a lake and when I was that age I ran an 8' home built deal with a 20 merc. And was proud of it too! In my wildest dreams would I have had a boat like the above. Man, that's pretty cool. I think it's great. Just think what he'll be doing when he's my age at 41?
I agree with Hugh about the roots. Go to the bench racers and read the crap between the v drive and OB guys. Lots of history on both sides of that fence and the sport would not be like it is today with out that.
I bet Hugh is pretty fockin proud to have a son that's into the same sport and following his footsteps.
And Dave, picking on a kid, C'Mon! (sounds like the boy's got ya covered though)

CrazyHippy
10-26-2004, 07:07 AM
And Dave, picking on a kid, C'Mon! (sounds like the boy's got ya covered though)
All bubbles needs is a lightweight driver :hammerhea it'll fly :crossx:
So now are we gonna have to hold hands around the campfire and sing Kumbaya??
BJH :skull:

jackpunx
10-26-2004, 07:10 AM
LMAO riverdave that was some funny ass shit..i love the pics with the commentary..Jackpunx when do you hit the river weekends/weekdays? ive never see you down by the damn, and it seems like you go alot.
I usualy go every other weekend.. At least when the sun was out.. Seems that might be slowing down a little.. And its time for Kenny's Bar :D

jackpunx
10-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Hey Jp I got your back. the motor is coming out this week and the muscle is going in. I want to back my fellow Stoker Bro. It his fault I have the one I do anyway.
I know you do.. And I know you'll be down for the BBSP.. :D
hopefully we can get HP350 to come down too..
I'll have to make the cat attack this year so that we can all hang out..
Im glad your getting to put the motor package you Really wanted to put in anyway.. let us know how that is going and if we can help :)
Mark

jackpunx
10-26-2004, 07:20 AM
All bubbles needs is a lightweight driver :hammerhea it'll fly :crossx:
So now are we gonna have to hold hands around the campfire and sing Kumbaya??
BJH :skull:
you should see that sucker turn too.. I think he's hitting big bend at around 75.. It needs the weight to hold it down in the water for when he pulls the skiiers to Catalina :D
As far as holding hands.. lol.. Nah.. I think it was important to get some things straight and Im glad to see a new member on the board.. We got to take the kid under our wings a little so that he dosnt get hurt :mix:
Plus I got to keep a close eye on him so that he dosnt hand out to many ass whoopins around here :D
Wakker.. No hard feelings.. Tell the old man thanks for the post and I look forward to more of his participation. I always am intersted in old school experience :wink:
NOW LET THE BEATINGS BEGIN :hammerhea

RiverDave
10-26-2004, 07:59 AM
making fun of someones boat is like insulting there wife and there are lines that should not be crossed. with all the things that are going on with noise/speed/alcohol and the like we need to hang together otherwise we wont be going over 50mph in any type of boat.
h/j
Well ya see now I'm all confused..
I was under the impression that STV Boy was your kid, and that Whakker was you etc.. etc..
Overall though doesn't much matter.. I will try to convey my point in a direct matter as well.
I'm just joking around.. It wasn't intended to get your feathers ruffled, nor was it talking shit on your kids boat. I have alot of respect for STV's / Rapid Crafts and the like for what their capable of, both on and off the race course, and believe me I'm well aware that a quick and easy way to go saw just about anyone off on the lake is with an outboard. I was just adding some entertainment to the day to help another yet slow day pass a little faster. That is what was "fueling" my conversation, doesn't have much to do with pride to be honest. Deep down I think that little STV will probably end up getting the best of Marks stoker (depending on conditions), but it sure would be fun to film and put it on here for all to see. No harm no foul que no?
RD

jackpunx
10-26-2004, 08:03 AM
. Deep down I think that little STV will probably end up getting the best of Marks stoker (depending on conditions), but it sure would be fun to film and put it on here for all to see. No harm no foul que no?
RD
HEY!!.. Thats not what you told me!!! LMAO :D

RiverDave
10-26-2004, 08:03 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/572000-572999/572342_22.jpg
Just messing with the neighbor kid in the keys Dave.. ;) What's the fun in having neighbors if you can't have a little fun with em? :D
All bubbles needs is a lightweight driver it'll fly
Bubbles needs an 80 Horse on it, then it'll fly.. ;) :D
RD

STV_Keith
10-26-2004, 09:11 AM
Bubbles needs an 80 Horse on it, then it'll fly.. ;) :D
RD
Here you go Dave: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67751

RiverDave
10-26-2004, 10:56 AM
He didn't list just a price for the motor in all of that did he? I saw 9 grand for everything, then a parts list.. ??
RD

jackpunx
10-26-2004, 12:01 PM
He didn't list just a price for the motor in all of that did he? I saw 9 grand for everything, then a parts list.. ??
RD
I think you got more tied up in the wheels on the trailer

jackpunx
10-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Dude!
I was looking through the pics on HOOKY DAY.. Nor Cal helped me to realize that the boat I was looking at was yours.. DUDE!!.. Badd ASSS.. that thing looks nice!..

fourspeednup
10-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Dude!
I was looking through the pics on HOOKY DAY.. Nor Cal helped me to realize that the boat I was looking at was yours.. DUDE!!.. Badd ASSS.. that thing looks nice!..
This one?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1231DSC00874.jpg

jackpunx
10-26-2004, 03:11 PM
This one?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1231DSC00874.jpg
Yep.. that shit is badd ass.. did you see the carbs on it?.. RED... Lol..

fourspeednup
10-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Yep.. that shit is badd ass.. did you see the carbs on it?.. RED... Lol..Fockin sweet! But those were throttle bodies sittin on top of an efi setup----c'mon Mark, we gotta get you some glasses? :D :D

bordsmnj
10-26-2004, 03:59 PM
<---drewoling(phuuuuck!)

XtrmWakeborder
10-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Yep.. that shit is badd ass.. did you see the carbs on it?.. RED... Lol..
That thing is sweet! is it the same model as urs jackpunx?

jackpunx
10-27-2004, 07:34 AM
That thing is sweet! is it the same model as urs jackpunx?
yep.. same as mine.. very nice!

jackpunx
10-27-2004, 07:35 AM
Fockin sweet! But those were throttle bodies sittin on top of an efi setup----c'mon Mark, we gotta get you some glasses? :D :D
LOL.. I just saw red and got all wet.. ha hah

RiverDave
10-27-2004, 08:40 AM
What's the specifics on that one?
Is he runnin a shorty drive? Where's his "X' at in comparison to yours Mark?
RD

HavasuDreamin'
10-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Damn nice boat. What kind of power is in it?

jackpunx
10-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Damn nice boat. What kind of power is in it?
He had some problems with that power.. and He has some big stuff he's getting ready to put in.. should be a runner.. (it was before) :rollside:

hulshot
10-27-2004, 05:07 PM
unfortunatly I had major motor problem when I first started it. I will be taking the motor out this thurs to see what damage it has. After words I will deceide if I will go big or leave it the same, kinda. Thanks for the compliments. I have a 2 inch shorty. Yes it does have two throttle body toilets on top. Now I need to get a good working lap top or just keep sending it out to be programmed. I am thinking anywhere from 1000 to 1200 hp on the motor alone should be enough for now.

jackpunx
10-28-2004, 07:32 AM
unfortunatly I had major motor problem when I first started it. I will be taking the motor out this thurs to see what damage it has. After words I will deceide if I will go big or leave it the same, kinda. Thanks for the compliments. I have a 2 inch shorty. Yes it does have two throttle body toilets on top. Now I need to get a good working lap top or just keep sending it out to be programmed. I am thinking anywhere from 1000 to 1200 hp on the motor alone should be enough for now.
1000-1200 hp?.. DANG!!.. :2purples: :2purples:

oknozelman
10-28-2004, 07:59 AM
Hulshot, do you have injectors above and below the blower or just above? the reason I ask I am seting up a system for my new motor and was thinking of useing both if I can find an intake. :idea:

jackpunx
10-28-2004, 12:41 PM
what are you going to do about your drive?..

hulshot
10-28-2004, 10:41 PM
I am buildint he drive with taller gears to utilize the props I have
The blower motor is carbed and the spray is just under the carbs.
the efi motor is port injected with 2 toilets on top.