PDA

View Full Version : New Approach to Havasu Marina Boycott

Charley
09-29-2004, 10:20 PM
How about we fight from the inside out too ;) It occurred to me that we don't seem to have much of a local voice! SO...I just responded to an email from the nautical inviting me to stay at the new "NAUTICAL INN" ... Well I responded by stating that I would suspend any and all stays on the island until the unlawful noise Nazi's were gone....I bet this board can create enough havoc to get some local business to start bitching too! 20-30 of us write a few letters threatening to boycott the nautical, The AGAVE Inn, SHUGRUES etc.. etc... I know it isn't really fair, but I bet if enough people start boycotting the whole Island that we can get some local support at the city council meetings... screw boycotting just the marina... boycott the island... we need them to stick up for our rights.... anyone else agree?

Kilrtoy
09-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Charley in theroy it sounds great, but I think it is safe to assume (ASS/U/ME) That most people here or have friends that are here already boycott the marina. It is the other people out side this board that that continue to utilize the marina and keep them in business.
I think a collection of money and then placing ads in every boating mag might have a greater effect. I know that is pricey, but
HOT BOAT
AND POWERBOAT
should cut a price on this since most people that subscribe to there mag and products are the affected parties.
Am I off base on this.
Also getting business' to post fliers WHICH ARE CHEAP in their businesses also might have a great impact and viewer potential.

Charley
09-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Charley in theroy it sounds great, but I think it is safe to assume (ASS/U/ME) That most people here or have friends that are here already boycott the marina. It is the other people out side this board that that continue to utilize the marina and keep them in business.
I think a collection of money and then placing ads in every boating mag might have a greater effect. I know that is pricey, but
HOT BOAT
AND POWERBOAT
should cut a price on this since most people that subscribe to there mag and products are the affected parties.
Am I off base on this.
Also getting business' to post fliers WHICH ARE CHEAP in their businesses also might have a great impact and viewer potential.
Sure seems like a few very important business' in Havasu start feeling the pinch and actually start fighting on our behalf locally... well it seems like that could be very effective!

plaster dave
09-29-2004, 10:53 PM
well kilrtoys i think that is the best idea yeat let me know when u need $

Some Kind Of Monster
09-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Right, We need to look into advertising our position. Everyone that boycotts makes a difference. Every last person that VOICES their opinion by a letter etc. makes an even bigger difference.

JustMVG
09-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Why not hit up a Kinko's and print up a ton of flyers and get some kids to put them on any and all vehicles within a 5 10 mile radius, just outlining the situation, somehow some way there has got to be a town hall type of meeting and even the visitors could get in on the action, get the media involved!!!! Every outlet you can find to get your message out in a civilized manner would make them, the marina look incredibly inept. Just my 2 cents if i have overstepped the bounderies then i apologize up front.
I don't believe there is anything wrong with giving folks that are pulling up to the entrance a flyer or "info packet" telling them if you think you have a boat that may be too loud then this is not the place for you, save your money and go elsewhere, all you need are volunteers, hey i'll go out there for a shift, again maybe i sound crazy but i've seen this stuff work. Mike VG

JustMVG
09-30-2004, 03:06 AM
This place( The Friggin Marina)
is putting a black eye on what is already perceived as nothing more than a party place, we as boaters and lovers of the good times the river brings to us all, have got to be proactive as all get out on this, challenge them to show EXACTLY what method they are using to measure, if as was stated before that the ramp guys were givin new db meters that they dont even know how to use, i hope that the actions of the folks at the marina don't spread, to other areas that we all frequent.
I've Ranted enough all ready everyone take care and have a good morning....
MVG