PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Water Competition Points are in and the winner is......

CircleJerk
09-30-2004, 10:07 PM
After reviewing Saturdays heat winners, the revised points go something like this: 112 points- Ron Dubay and team DNR from Portland Oregon, 111 George Nordling, 108 Scott L. and Brian B :rolleyes:
For more go to www.nwh2oracer.com and see where the Blonde Bomber placed,,,,,dont look for me in the top ten! I cant even ride a bicycle well. :cry:

CircleJerk
10-01-2004, 08:59 AM
My dear wifie says I errored! Hold on for the real winner. Points are being retotaled as I type! This is the closest race for the top ten ever. Here's how it is done. One point for a start, another for a finish. Then for each lap you lead another point. If you pass a boat on the way to the finish and after the first lap, another point for each pass. Now the final points are awarded such: 1st place=5, 2nd place=4, 3rd=3, etc. So for a perfect heat, you would get 10 total. For a perfect weekend thirty points is the maximum. (Kipper28 achieved this but shouldnt expect to repeat) Now all year long all the boats either fast or slow qualify to get into each respective heat be it slow, average, or fast. It doesnt matter which heat you are in the points stay the same. Now you can see that the slow boat who wins alot may gain the overall Championship or a #1 spot in the top ten! I know its different from other boat racing but then we are also! Outlaw Nostalgic Circle Boats is what we call ourselves, and anyone can run with us! And by the way, dont be surprised if you see George driving his dually on some California Highway, he's doing fine, and driving! Pfaff Engines, and Gordy, dont be surprised to see GN limp in! :rollside:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-01-2004, 09:13 AM
(Kipper28 achieved this but shouldnt expect to repeat)
So Kipper's not coming back huh? :coffeycup :)

CircleJerk
10-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Funny Fellow! Did you get the phone message????? I promise not to misuse it! :mix:

h2oregon
10-02-2004, 07:30 AM
:hammer2: C.J. you have us holding our breath out here. do you have the points retotaled yet?

CircleJerk
10-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Hang in there Ron, we are waiting for the video for confirmation and a replay of the whole event so no one can holler! Don says Hi, now are we racing Aquacrafts next year? :eek:

kipperps28
10-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Am I not welcome back next year? Should I dust off LaPointe's Javelin (a 14.5 footer would be fun on a little course!) Just got word that Starfire #3 (my dad's tall-decker) is coming to live at my house. It has been off the course since Dexter Dam 1986. We could bring an armada to the Nosty races- sound good?

CircleJerk
10-04-2004, 09:53 PM
A 'J boat' army? ........... What's your address, I have three to store! Now if I can just get SK680 (Nicks old boat) at a new home that isnt afraid to race it! I hear 5500 will buy it complete with sbc power. Good news Kipster, should I call him 'Skipster' or 'Skipper'? :confused:

kipperps28
10-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Talked with Chris Kenner tonight- he is coming back to the states next week. Got a driver for Starfire #3- will the Nosty guys throw another shrimp on the barbi? Don't know if you guys can keep up with Chris (in the bar, or on the course!!)

CircleJerk
10-06-2004, 07:42 AM
Talked with Chris Kenner tonight- he is coming back to the states next week. Got a driver for Starfire #3- will the Nosty guys throw another shrimp on the barbi? Don't know if you guys can keep up with Chris (in the bar, or on the course!!)
Well heck.....you know at least I am an equal opportunity drunk!
The only problem I see is once he's had the taste of Nostie, (on or off the barbie) there's no turning back, win lose or draw (Outlaw slang)!
Hey, how did you like the entries in the boat show? Wasnt superlites Sanger neat? I havent seen so many laying on their backs inspecting a flat ever.

kipperps28
10-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Really clean boat- killer paint, and I told him so. Looks as good in person as on these pages. Hoefully he'll come run it next year!

CircleJerk
10-06-2004, 10:23 PM
thanks to Jerry Griffin, the video replay declares a different winner! OregonH2o, one of our own here on the boards has defeated George Nordling by ONE point. Ron Dubays' total: 112, Georges' 111, and Scott Ledoux 108, for the closest race for the top ten ever! Congradulations Ron, Dave, and George and team DNR racing for putting together a great year with NO engine breakdowns to spoil the fun! The winning boat was a 'b boat' named 'Honcho' with BBC power and a wild purple and black lace, metalflake paint job from the 70's! Now, if you will just keep this winner for next year........? :D

h2oregon
10-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you. I knew it was close, 1 point is all it takes. what a great year of racing C.J. organized for all of us, my thanks go out to everyone. As far as keeping the Honcho for next year; that depends on V-Drive video, he showed interest in buying it at moses lake. Either way i will be back next year in an A, or a B, or a D, or a H, or a ? boat. Thanks again. See you in november.

72 superlite
10-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Really clean boat- killer paint, and I told him so. Looks as good in person as on these pages. Hoefully he'll come run it next year!
Thanks for all the kind words, it makes all the hard work worth while. Wish I could have spent more time at Moses Lake visiting,(but Boyd wouldn't let me out of the water) what a great group of people. Boyd with all the talk about L boats and B boats, you're gonna have to work a J boat in there because that boat of Kips looks really strong, and with a fixed plate. Hope tp make it too a couple of races next year. You guys coming to Sammamish again? And dad wants to know why you didn't haul to Pt. Angeles and run with the Unlimited Lights.

CircleJerk
10-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Either way i will be back next year in an A, or a B, or a D, or a H, or a ? boat. Thanks again. See you in november.
H boat=Hondo, A boat =Aquacraft, D boat=???, a Deaver Drag Hydro? Dimarco? :rolleyes: You're the Champion! or should I sing 'We are the Champions'! (of nostalgia)
Yes, we will be at Tastin Racin June 11,12,13 whichever the weekend is. Unlimited Lights are a real class act and you may see us at more of their events for 2005, Ron, get the spare motors built! I'll bring the swing set and come along! :idea:

CircleJerk
10-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks And dad wants to know why you didn't haul to Pt. Angeles and run with the Unlimited Lights.
I heard about your Dad and the Lady at the gate! Poor girl!
We just couldnt do it within the short time frame (it was right after Moses). Probably the biggest problem, however, was running in salt water and only a few boats with any bullets left in the chamber (some sunk). I know some had already made plans to be elsewhere that weekend and I was in Winthrop Wa. for our final co-sponsored hydroplane race with the Eastern Wa group. That Lake Perrigin is beautiful! They (the Unlimited Lights) would like us there next year, are you going??? I will notify you all of our wild schedule for next year which may include a Drag Race- Circle demonstration. CDBA :rollside: , you listening?