PDA

View Full Version : OUTRAGE at Lake Castaic... Hot Boaters Beware!

InKahntrol
10-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Before I launch into this story, let me say that I come from a boating family, and we've been going to Lake Castaic (near Magic Mountain) my entire life, and I've been taking my own boats there since I was 16 years old. It has always served as the local lake of choice when a trip to Havasu wasn't convenient, and up until recently I've never had a problem there. All of that has changed after yesterday, however, and I'm never going back.
After working double-time for the past few weeks, I finally started to burn out and decided to take the day off yesterday and spend some time relaxing and playing with my boat. The plan was to work on my motor, but at the last minute I discovered that my block needed some extra machine work, and it needed to go back to my machinest in Valencia. Since I had to drive all that way anyway, I called my dad and asked if he wanted to take a few hours off work and take his new flatbottom to Castaic for a little fun. He agreed, so we met at his house, loaded my block in the truck, and hitched up the boat.
Once we dropped the engine off at the shop we headed up to Castaic, where we found out that the launch fee is now $22. Fine. We paid the fee and started launching the boat. Now for a little background, this boat is called a BeeDee Marine, and is essentially a 16' fiberglass splash of a 1950s era Glen L. It is very nostalgic looking and very low-performance, and power comes from a bone stock 390 Ford spinning a Casale V-drive with 5% gears and a 12x15 prop. The exhaust consists of water injected manifolds, and we estimate top speed to be somewhere around 50mph on a perfect day.
As we started to launch the boat a lifeguard came down and asked if we had baffles in the exhaust. We told him we did, and he smiled, thanked us, and went back to his truck. He was only doing his job and couldn't have been nicer about it. Once we got the boat in the water we headed towards the back cove, because the wind was blowing about 10mph and kicked up some pretty nasty chop and we were getting pounded pretty hard. I hopped in the driver's seat in the cove, and I noticed a yellow and white L.E. boat in the back corner of the cove so I kept my foot out of it. As I left the cove the waves started slamming us around pretty bad, so I locked the plate down and started cruising at 1,800 rpm, trying to keep the boat on a plane but not going fast enough to punch through the waves with the bow down. Next thing I know a black and white boat with a lightbar comes blasting towards us from the launch ramp area, with full lights and sirens going. I shut the boat off (and waves start coming in over the sides), and the "officers" proceed to give me hell about breaking the speed limit. I couldn't believe it! I asked if the limit was still 35mph, to which they replied "it sure is, and if you know the limit why were you speeding so bad?"
I asked how fast we were going, and he proceeded to explain that he had us on radar going 53mph! To be honest, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or yell, so I just sort of stammered. My dad explained that this boat probably doesn't even go that fast at full throttle, and certainly wouldn't go half that speed in chop with the plate down. The cop got pissed off, telling us "Radar never lies." At that point I told him that not only was I watching the tach and I know we were cruising at 1900rpm, but that I purposely wasn't going fast because of the water conditions and the police boat in the cove. That's when the sh!t really hit the fan. He said there is no police boat in the cove. I replied that I was looking at it right then, as we were speaking. He turned around, looked at the yellow and white boat, and then started to yell at me, saying "Can't you tell the difference between a cop and a lifeguard?!!!" With the exception of a few fisherman we were the only boat on the lake, and I think these guys were just looking for somebody to mess with, because they were getting really pissed off, and we never even raised our voices.
At that point I suggested that I would get on the police boat, and one of the officers could ride with my dad or even drive the boat, and they would see for themselves that the boat wouldn't go 53mph in chop. Heck, we even asked them to radar the boat while it was happening to prove it. They weren't interested. They proceeded to tell us that they're sick of "people like us" breaking the rules, then they wrote up a $180 speeding ticket for going 53 in a 35, and reminded us to please read the flyer you get when you enter the gate that explains the speed limit on the lake. These a-holes were obviously lying, and if I had actually broken the rules I would gladly pay the ticket. The problem is, I know I wasn't even going close to the 35mph limit, and they were fully flaunting their authority in our faces and there was nothing we could do about it. They flat-out LIED. At that point I was so steamed I didn't even want to drive, and my dad figured we had already gotten the ticket so we might as well do the crime, so we headed back towards the ramp as fast as the water conditions would allow.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
We plan on fighting the ticket, because this was just plain wrong. It is getting harder and harder to find a place to take a hot boat anymore, and its obvious that castaic doesn't want our business. I'm fed up and disgusted. Sorry for the ridiculously long post, but I just had to get this out.
Dan

welk2party
10-01-2004, 03:08 PM
What jerks! If your gonna write me up, do it without making me into a criminal. I will then do what I need to which is fight the ticket. :skull:

HOOTER SLED-
10-01-2004, 03:13 PM
That suuuuuucks. Just another tale of the crackdown there. I personally never had problems there. Maybe your pipes sounded like 53mph. :D You were like an 64 Impala on Daytons driving through Bel Air. You stuck out like a sore thumb and no one else was there. Who else were they gonna pick on? That was the problem. They were trying to pick up on their mid-week violations. Lay low, buy a Bay Liner. :D

NashvilleBound
10-01-2004, 03:13 PM
I feel you pain having been harassed plenty of times at all the local S CA lakes. Comeon out to TN...its a "NO Assh0le-ranger Zone" and its free to use the water....and there is plenty of the crystal clear wet stuff, let me tell you.

Lightning
10-01-2004, 03:14 PM
That is total BS, I can't believe it. It sounds like it's your word against theirs, there must be a way to get this taken care of. BoatCop ?????

moneysucker
10-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Too bad you didn't have a GPS set for top speed to show. It probably would have pissed them off more.

BigDogIvan
10-01-2004, 04:05 PM
This sounds like total BS. I have learned that you can and have the right
to ask to see the radar reading. Correct me if I'm wrong, But, I was told many years ago that there not to clear the gun untill all parties have moved on. ???
BD

Slib77
10-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Those guys at Castaic are A holes. It was also the last day of the month. I can't believe it's 22 bucks now.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-01-2004, 04:39 PM
boy I love the ocean

RiverOtter
10-01-2004, 04:41 PM
I feel you pain having been harassed plenty of times at all the local S CA lakes. Comeon out to TN...its a "NO Assh0le-ranger Zone" and its free to use the water....and there is plenty of the crystal clear wet stuff, let me tell you.
Preach on Brother. We do have some "Jack Booted Thug" river cops but any Bayliner can out run them. Not that I would suggest that :D or have done that :D Because I don't own a Bayliner :D . But seriously the Jack Booted Thug to boat ratio is extremely low.

Rev. Williams
10-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Post the names and badge numbers. By giving you that ticket they have allowed themselves to be judged just as you were (or weren't). Their credibilty should be checked, their department should be reviewed, and their bosses (and his boss ) should recieve a letter from all of us about what is going on at the lake. Don't let these F u cks take away our fun. If they didn't have a badge, they would get their asses kicked for being suck a-holes... So instead we get them reassigned, fired, suspended, something!! Just gone. Post The Names !!!

InKahntrol
10-01-2004, 04:45 PM
That suuuuuucks. Just another tale of the crackdown there. I personally never had problems there. Maybe your pipes sounded like 53mph. :D You were like an 64 Impala on Daytons driving through Bel Air. You stuck out like a sore thumb and no one else was there. Who else were they gonna pick on? That was the problem. They were trying to pick up on their mid-week violations. Lay low, buy a Bay Liner. :D
That is so true. We saw two or three bass boats hidden away in corners of the lake, but we were the only other boat out there, and a bright yellow flatty with a chromed-out 390 probably does stick out like crazy. The really crappy part is, we weren't doing anything wrong, but they decided to give us hell anyway.

ratso
10-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Screw em...I just don't stop for them anymore, at least on my local lakes. It's caused a few confrontations at my boat business with them...but I simply will no longer be harassed. :burningm:

RiverOtter
10-01-2004, 04:54 PM
I think it's basically a form of penis envy. There they are the Jack Booted Thugs ridding around all day in the extreme heat with their crappy boats and see all these other nice boats with people having a good time a they can't stand it. So they just flex the Authority to make themselves feel better. IMHO :cool:

plaster dave
10-01-2004, 04:58 PM
inkahntol i was there last weekend and i agree with you those cops are real pricks, but i luckley had my run in with a really cool life guard that let me off with a warning, i thought was pretty cool.
also the life guards can right tickets to, the big ? is how far away were you cause their radar guns only travel 2 1/2 miles on the water so from main launch ramp its about 5 miles to the cove "i know you cant believe that but it is " so i hope maybe the distance thing might help you.

ratso
10-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Out in my neck of the woods it hasn't been too bad lately. Most of the problems this year were the park rangers on the bank being the dicks. Waco PD did a lot of the lake patrol and were pretty cool. We invited a few of them to the restaurant out here on the lake and bought them meals, overall they were OK. The lake patrol is over now for this year so it's getting to be my favorite time to go now...

hot_diggity_dog
10-01-2004, 05:03 PM
We plan on fighting the ticket, because this was just plain wrong. It is getting harder and harder to find a place to take a hot boat anymore, and its obvious that castaic doesn't want our business. I'm fed up and disgusted.
Dan
Dan,
Get out your video and take it back out on the water and video your speed on a hand held GPS. :D
HDD :cool:

RiverOtter
10-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Dan,
Get out your video and take it back out on the water and video your speed on a hand held GPS. :D
Not that's thinkin!! Good idea HDD!! Fight the power!! :lightsabe :lightsabe :lightsabe

MagicMtnDan
10-01-2004, 05:28 PM
EFF Castaic and the jackoffs who run/ruin it!
That place has always been anti-boating and anti-watercraft. That lake has always been biased heavily in favor of the sparkly bass-boat fishermen.
There ain't nothing as bad as police abusing their power and authority especially when no laws have been broken.
Do your homework, review your notes and information and go in to court prepared. Unfortunately the judge will probably support the jackoffs.
I'm thinking this is their plan to keep the place funded - ticket those who pay to use the facility even if they're not breaking the law. Bastages!

RiverOtter
10-01-2004, 05:32 PM
EFF Castaic and the jackoffs who run/ruin it!
That place has always been anti-boating and anti-watercraft. That lake has always been biased heavily in favor of the sparkly bass-boat fishermen.
There ain't nothing as bad as police abusing their power and authority especially when no laws have been broken.
Do your homework, review your notes and information and go in to court prepared. Unfortunately the judge will probably support the jackoffs.
I'm thinking this is their plan to keep the place funded - ticket those who pay to use the facility even if they're not breaking the law. Bastages!
Harumph!!! Bass Boaters. Yeah.... that's an enviromental bunch :rolleyes: I see more littering and pollution from those jerks than any hot boater!!

summerlove
10-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey Danny:
sorry to hear that. I'm actually thinking of selling my house in Havasu and moving my lake to Mead and buying a big Hallett. Not sure I'm gonna do it, just thinking about it...if I can't even go on Havasu w/o being hassled, no one can.

superdave013
10-01-2004, 09:09 PM
when from 150 to 35 in the blink of an eye

InKahntrol
10-01-2004, 10:50 PM
The video camera idea is a really good one... I'm definately going to try that. I've also got a weather report I printed out from weather.com that shows the wind conditions for that day, which should help back up the story.
Rick- Halletts are really nice boats, but we'd sure miss seeing you guys out on the water. I'm hoping the LHC situation will get better... as for Castaic, they're off the list. They're DONE. I'm never going back there.

Kilrtoy
10-01-2004, 11:05 PM
That video Idea is the stupidest thing I have ever heard,
Like the user cannot manipulate the outcome, think about what you are trying to prove.
Also remember 10MPH winds will effect my 18SEMI-VEE, NOT. I understand you have a flattie , but to a non-boating person that means NOTHING.....
You are going in to unknown territory as far as judges are concerned.
Remember the cops went to training and so on. IM NOT SAYING THEY ARE RIGHT, but think about this. 99.9% of the people who get speeding tickets say they werent speeding and of those, 85% get a SECONDspeeding ticket within a month of that.you are saying you were coming form a cove and he also was coming from a cove. I am picturing what you are saying and with all that the angles do not match. I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THAT

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Like the user cannot manipulate the outcome, think about what you are trying to prove.
Also remember 10MPH winds will effect my 18SEMI-VEE, NOT. I understand you have a flattie , but to a non-boating person that means NOTHING.....
Remember the cops went to training and so on. IM NOT SAYING THEY ARE RIGHT, but think about this. 99.9% of the people who get speeding tickets say they werent speeding and of those, 85% get a SECONDspeeding ticket within a month of that.you are saying you were coming form a cove and he also was coming from a cove. I am picturing what you are saying and with all that the angles do not match. I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THAT
I better get the popcorn

ratso
10-01-2004, 11:23 PM
:jawdrop: :D :2purples: :eek:

InKahntrol
10-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Hey man, I don't know what your problem is, but you're really talking out of turn here. I was discussing the wind because it affects the WATER CONDITIONS, not the speed of the boat. If you had read my original post you would have seen that. Any REAL boater who has owned an early flatty knows that those boats will either come apart or sink in whitecap chop at full throttle. As for how he could have possibly gotten a radar gun reading from across the lake while I was coming out of a cove... well, you're right on that count Hoss, it doesn't add up. Which is why I think the entire thing was a bullsh!t shakedown. I should mention that I operate a Stalker radar gun, Brauer timing system, and racepack GPS race car timing system for a living ... so I'm pretty familiar with how a radar gun works, and I know those readings were bullshit if they took one at all. The calibration of the gun and the fact that they wouldn't show us the number will both be brought up at the hearing.
By the way, excellent use of the whole NOT thing... you'd be super cool if this was 1993. Then again, judging by the paint scheme on your boat I'd be willing to bet you're pretty well entrenched in that era anyway. I've never had a cross word with you man, so I'm not exactly sure why you're trying to stir things up... but I sincerely hope if you ever have a run-in with the dudes who decided to ruin my day that they show you the same courtesy and respect you've shown here. Have a nice day. :)

ratso
10-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Hey man, I don't know what your problem is, but you're really talking out of turn here. I was discussing the wind because it affects the WATER CONDITIONS, not the speed of the boat. If you had read my original post you would have seen that. Any REAL boater who has owned an early flatty knows that those boats will either come apart or sink in whitecap chop at full throttle. As for how he could have possibly gotten a radar gun reading from across the lake while I was coming out of a cove... well, you're right on that count Hoss, it doesn't add up. Which is why I think the entire thing was a bullsh!t shakedown.
By the way, excellent use of the whole NOT thing... you'd be super cool if this was 1993. Then again, judging by the paint scheme on your boat I'd be willing to bet you're pretty well entrenched in that era anyway. I've never had a cross word with you man, so I'm not exactly sure why you're trying to stir things up... but I sincerely hope if you ever have a run-in with the dudes who decided to ruin my day that they show you the same courtesy and respect you've shown here. Have a nice day. :)
:idea: :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Hey man, I don't know what your problem is, but you're really talking out of turn here. I was discussing the wind because it affects the WATER CONDITIONS, not the speed of the boat. If you had read my original post you would have seen that. Any REAL boater who has owned an early flatty knows that those boats will either come apart or sink in whitecap chop at full throttle. As for how he could have possibly gotten a radar gun reading from across the lake while I was coming out of a cove... well, you're right on that count Hoss, it doesn't add up. Which is why I think the entire thing was a bullsh!t shakedown. I should mention that I operate a Stalker radar gun, Brauer timing system, and racepack GPS race car timing system for a living ... so I'm pretty familiar with how a radar gun works, and I know those readings were bullshit if they took one at all. The calibration of the gun and the fact that they wouldn't show us the number will both be brought up at the hearing.
dam smack smack :hammer2:

ratso
10-01-2004, 11:39 PM
SYA wished his boat would do 50... :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Inkan you mean this paint job
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1010054-med.JPG

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-01-2004, 11:47 PM
SYA wished his boat would do 50... :D
you got that right

RACRJEFF
10-01-2004, 11:53 PM
hey they got my buddy a few weeks back in his 26 sig , they say he was doing 58 when were maybe doing 28 , but he went ape shit on them he was f this f that get your piece of sh$t patrol boat away from us ohhh then i had to load the boat so he could talk to thier sgt. it was one big scene then he really pissed them off when asked politely if they were mad they couldnt make a real police or sheriff's dept and were glorified park rangers that pissed them off something awful but in the end he still got the ticket and i got there names ill be sure they get jammed by a real cop

Kilrtoy
10-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Well JACKASS I was helping you .
but now that I can see you have problems READING, Im starting to think you were speeding.
RE=READ WHAT I WROTE, but then again you could not read it correctly the first time so the second or 10th wont matter
WOW
a STALKER
that is like saying you have a
RACE BOAT=BAYLINER
That is the biggest piece of shit on the MARKET, no wonder 1900 rpm's felt like what 53MPH

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-01-2004, 11:57 PM
ooooo boy the sand is flying tonight

Kilrtoy
10-01-2004, 11:58 PM
hey they got my buddy a few weeks back in his 26 sig , they say he was doing 58 when were maybe doing 28 , but he went ape shit on them he was f this f that get your piece of sh$t patrol boat away from us ohhh then i had to load the boat so he could talk to thier sgt. it was one big scene then he really pissed them off when asked politely if they were mad they couldnt make a real police or sheriff's dept and were glorified park rangers that pissed them off something awful but in the end he still got the ticket and i got there names ill be sure they get jammed by a real cop
SEE now I know they are fake cops and LIARS, therE is now WAY A CUMANDER COULD EVER GO THAT SPEED, I BELIEVE HE WAS GOING 28, THAT IS THERE TOP SPEED.
EVEN WITH TWINS :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 12:02 AM
SEE now I know they are fake cops and LIARS, therE is now WAY A CUMANDER COULD EVER GO THAT SPEED, I BELIEVE HE WAS GOING 28, THAT IS THERE TOP SPEED.
EVEN WITH TWINS :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
remember I was in your shitwave, you will be lucky if you could beat any COMMANDER

Kilrtoy
10-02-2004, 12:03 AM
I was discussing the wind because it affects the WATER CONDITIONS, not the speed of the boat
uhhhhhhhhh
duhhhhhhhhhhhhh
YES THE WIND DOES affect THE WATER CONDITIONS AND the speed of the boat,,,duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh

Kilrtoy
10-02-2004, 12:06 AM
remember I was in your shitwave, you will be lucky if you could beat any COMMANDER
STFU= shut the f**** up
APRIL IS ONLY 6 MONTHS AWAY, DONT MAKE ME toy with you AT WHAT 80mph :D :D :D :messedup: :messedup:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 12:09 AM
STFU= shut the f**** up
APRIL IS ONLY 6 MOTHS AWAY, dONT MAKE MEtoy with you ATE WHAT 80mph :D :D :D :messedup: :messedup:
you see boat bitch I not worried about speed, first you need to learn how to drive a boat. Anything bigger than what you had you will need training, fast boats are not for everyone

Kilrtoy
10-02-2004, 12:13 AM
By the way, excellent use of the whole NOT thing... you'd be super cool if this was 1993. Then again, judging by the paint scheme on your boat I'd be willing to bet you're pretty well entrenched in that era anyway. I've never had a cross word with you man, so I'm not exactly sure why you're trying to stir things up... but I sincerely hope if you ever have a run-in with the dudes who decided to ruin my day that they show you the same courtesy and respect you've shown here. Have a nice day.
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why are you hating. dont get mad just because my paint job cost more than your
TRUCK,TRAILER AND BOAT ,WHEN THEY WERE ALL BRAND NEW (COMBINED)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 12:14 AM
I hope you get a better paint job on your next boat, we are in 2004

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 12:18 AM
dam Kilr nice paint job and crew
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/16161132boat2.jpg

Kilrtoy
10-02-2004, 12:19 AM
2005 CUMMING UP
oh wait im stuck in the 90's, but he is stuck in the 50's
See Mel you try to help a MOTHER FUC*ER , but he cant read and gets pissed and says he has a HYUNDAI race car(oops I mean staker radar gun) and goes off on you......
YEP 53MPH,
it was :yuk:

Kilrtoy
10-02-2004, 12:20 AM
dam Kilr nice paint job and crew
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/16161132boat2.jpg
DAMN BRO
I look like MOSES parting the red sea.....

SHOCKWAVETOM
10-02-2004, 12:21 AM
WTF is going on in here tonight...dam. Everybody have a beer and relax.
How bout those Giants :)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 12:23 AM
WTF, this is how you repay your crew
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616kilr.jpg

DansBlown73Nordic
10-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Im getting the Popcorn NOW!!!!!!!!! :rollside:

SandbarScot
10-02-2004, 04:31 AM
FYI
Police can not run RADAR from a boat to clock another boat. It must be stationary. The rocking of the boat on a swell can significantly alter the reading.

Steamin' Rice
10-02-2004, 07:09 AM
boy I love the ocean
Yep!! I have never been hassled in the ocean, but out of the 3-4 times I have been to Castaic I was hassled almost everytime..
More popcorn please.. :D

InKahntrol
10-02-2004, 07:52 AM
but now that I can see you have problems READING, Im starting to think you were speeding.
RE=READ WHAT I WROTE, but then again you could not read it correctly the first time so the second or 10th wont matter
WOW
a STALKER
RACE BOAT=BAYLINER
That is the biggest piece of shit on the MARKET, no wonder 1900 rpm's felt like what 53MPH
Wow tough guy, you're quite the linguist. As for how fancy and expensive your rig is.... I spent my week driving a Turbo Cayenne and and an '05 Saleen, how about you?

Bow Tie Omega
10-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Guys guys guys, we are on the same team, believe it or not. Kilrtoy, whether you meant it or not, you did come off as jumping the guys shit. He had a legit gripe and came here to vent and get ideas, as all of us have done. As far as hammering Kilrtoys paint job, that's not cool either. And as far as hammering this guy's dad's classic, uncalled for as well. I personally think restored classics are bitchen, after all, we would not have what we have today without those boats first. Kiss, make up and lets move on. Oh and by the way, those cop flunkies up at Castaic are a bunch of Nazi's (please excuse the term for anyone that would be offended by that remark).

Kilrtoy
10-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Wow tough guy, you're quite the linguist. As for how fancy and expensive your rig is.... I spent my week driving a Turbo Cayenne and and an '05 Saleen, how about you?
WOW you drove them! Do you own them? NOPE
I was trying to help the guy explaining that winds effect boats differently and he would have to explain this to the judge. Im not going to spell out the case for the guy. He started in with the shit talking, so I will finish it. Now he comes in talking about his test drives. So today I will go and test drive some exotic cars some I can come on here and brag and make myself look as stupid as he is......

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I was trying to help the guy explaining that winds effect boats differently and he would have to explain this to the judge. Im not going to spell out the case for the guy. He started in with the shit talking, so I will finish it. Now he comes in talking about his test drives. So today I will go and test drive some exotic cars some I can come on here and brag and make myself look as stupid as he is......
boy the sand is flying today and we just filled it back up :boxingguy

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Guys guys guys, we are on the same team, believe it or not. Kilrtoy, whether you meant it or not, you did come off as jumping the guys shit. He had a legit gripe and came here to vent and get ideas, as all of us have done. As far as hammering Kilrtoys paint job, that's not cool either. And as far as hammering this guy's dad's classic, uncalled for as well. I personally think restored classics are bitchen, after all, we would not have what we have today without those boats first. Kiss, make up and lets move on. Oh and by the way, those cop flunkies up at Castaic are a bunch of Nazi's (please excuse the term for anyone that would be offended by that remark).
WTF that is a suckwave special
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1010054.JPG

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 10:36 AM
WTF that is a suckwave special
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111P1010054.JPG
Hay dont be flashing in front of the kids, thats how Michael Jackson got started ROTFLMAO

Misogynist
10-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Yeah... I love the ocean too... one time I had the Life guard boat come by us while we were bobbing at a stop off Malibu... the guys tells us he had a report of a boat fitting our discription going fast within the swim buoys... I told him we weren't even close to the swim buoys. We had been close to shore... but much further than the 300 yard limit.... :hammerhea He finally shoved off... but we were afraid he was going to hassle us more. How doyou fight something like that when they didn't even witness an infraction... but are going to cite you anyway?... I don't think it would stand a chance in court... but by then you've been put out.

InKahntrol
10-02-2004, 12:44 PM
:) I don't have to own them, the manufacturers give them to me. :)
I don't think your first post could have been interpreted as anything but smack talk... I certainly wasn't asking for your "help" if that's what you were trying to do. As for "finishing" this, the more you rant the more you look like an ill-informed a$$. And as for going out and test driving cars, have fun with that sparky... I've been blessed with a job that allows me to drive a new car at the race track and on the street every week, and I love it. The best part is that it allows me to pursue my true hobby, which is boating. Some people like 600hp twin turbo classics, some people like new boats with stock merc motors, its all the same to me. I've always found that the lake was a great place to meet good people who can all get along, because we all share a common bond, the love of boating. Every once in a while I run into an angry jerk who has something to prove, and its usually because they're either 1) new to boating and don't understand how to behave; or 2) are compensating for a tiny penis. Personally, I don't care which is your problem. I thank you for your witty repartee, as this has definately given me something to smile about after getting that crappy ticket.

MudPumper
10-02-2004, 01:09 PM
That sucks, I've been going to Castaic for a long time now with my 18 Jet and have never been hassled. LA County Police have always been friendly to me. I'm sorry this happened to you.
Kilrtoy, you did come off like you were jumping his shit. That's how I took your first post anyway. We are all on the same team guys. In the fine words of Rodney King.......... Well, you know how it goes. ;)

Kilrtoy
10-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Well if I did come off as jumping his shit, that was not my intent.
So you have a job that lets you test drive cars, wow cool, buy one then brag how bitchen you are. Next time you come on here and want something, Please be more specific and NAME only the people who you want to respond, so people like myself dont write and give you clues as how to take care of your problem.
Instead why dont you write and complain to the boss of the people who gave you the citation, because no one here gave it to you so no one her can help you.
Ill informed ass, i like that
Sparky, that is another good one.
Are you gonna take all your toys and leave now or do you still have more names to call me...

brianwhiteboy
10-02-2004, 02:28 PM
seems like ***boat has become more of a soap opera than anything these days..... :sleeping:

Bow Tie Omega
10-02-2004, 03:35 PM
They will both be drinking beers at the river together next summer and not even realize it :)

Kilrtoy
10-02-2004, 04:11 PM
They will both be drinking beers at the river together next summer and not even realize it :)
Do I have to wait til next summer :devil:
Why not NOW :D

Essex502
10-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Fight the ticket and let us know how it comes out. We haven't been to Castiac since the HTM crash and all of the heavy handed enforcement since then. Good luck.

Tinkerer
10-02-2004, 06:53 PM
KILRTOY--
Does the guy that flies the space shuttle have to own it before he is concidered to be cool.

Havasu4me
10-02-2004, 07:33 PM
"inkahntol i was their :idea: last weekend and i agree with you those cops are real pricks, but i luckally :idea: had my run in with a really cool life guard that let me off with a warnning, :idea: i thought was preey :idea: cool.
also the life guards can right tickets too :idea: the big ? is how far away were you cause their radar guns only travel 2 1/2 miles on the water so from main launch ramp its about 5 mies to the cove "i know you cant beleive :idea: that but it is " so i hope maybe the distance thing might help you."
Can you say GRAMMER??? WOW, this is 1st grade English.

Blown_Rob
10-02-2004, 08:18 PM
hey check your Pm ill get you put of the ticket !!!

monkey rage frank
10-02-2004, 08:38 PM
well boys and girls, get used to it i'm sure there are going to be lots of changes. Since all the deaths we've had in the boating world,word travels fast. All those idots who are killing are buddies because they are carless drunks. All these assholes are ruining it for us. Next time you see someone being stupid stand up for you enjoy and say something!!!!!!!

steelcomp
10-02-2004, 08:47 PM
well boys and girls, get used to it i'm sure there are going to be lots of changes. Since all the deaths we've had in the boating world,word travels fast. All those idots who are killing are buddies because they are carless drunks. All these assholes are ruining it for us. Next time you see someone being stupid stand up for you enjoy and say something!!!!!!!
Huh??? :messedup: :umm: :hammer2: :hammerhea :confused:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-02-2004, 11:37 PM
:) I don't have to own them, the manufacturers give them to me. :)
I don't think your first post could have been interpreted as anything but smack talk... I certainly wasn't asking for your "help" if that's what you were trying to do. As for "finishing" this, the more you rant the more you look like an ill-informed a$$. And as for going out and test driving cars, have fun with that sparky... I've been blessed with a job that allows me to drive a new car at the race track and on the street every week, and I love it. The best part is that it allows me to pursue my true hobby, which is boating. Some people like 600hp twin turbo classics, some people like new boats with stock merc motors, its all the same to me. I've always found that the lake was a great place to meet good people who can all get along, because we all share a common bond, the love of boating. Every once in a while I run into an angry jerk who has something to prove, and its usually because they're either 1) new to boating and don't understand how to behave; or 2) are compensating for a tiny penis. Personally, I don't care which is your problem. I thank you for your witty repartee, as this has definately given me something to smile about after getting that crappy ticket.
Hay Kilr this guys knows you to well LMAO

Kilrtoy
10-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Hay Kilr this guys knows you to well LMAO
Sure does,
To the loser who can only hide behind a points system and talk shit, well, NICE
and the other loser who cant spell beaumont, I dont even know where the hell that city is, SO I CANT GO BACK.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Sure does,
To the loser who can only hide behind a points system and talk shit, well, NICE
and the other loser who cant spell beaumont, I dont even know where the hell that city is, SO I CANT GO BACK.
what up kilr someone hiding behind points and wont ID themselves, dam what a P*ssy

hot_diggity_dog
10-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Well if I did come off as jumping his shit, that was not my intent.
WOW
a STALKER
RACE BOAT=BAYLINER
Also remember 10MPH winds will effect my 18SEMI-VEE, NOT. I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THAT
I read it Miguel and I don't see where you are trying to help!!! And you don't indicate what effects the wind will have on the speeding ticket
I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THAT
To use your words "NOT" How about gaining 5 MPH faster with over the transom exhaust. Nothing will ever top that one as the Stupidest post ever
I understand you have a flattie , but to a non-boating person that means NOTHING.....
I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THAT
Now based on you statement it makes even more sense to recreate the conditions to as close as possible for the non-boater Ie: Judge to see and make his decision based on all of the evidence provided. Not just a his word vs. their word type of scenario.
If as they claim their boat's top speed is 50 MPH in perfect conditions why would it be "in you words STUPID" to have a video of them running the boat at over 1800 RPM's in smoother conditions and have a camera take video of a hand held GPS. I think this would give the judge a way better perspective and additional evidence to make a fair judgment.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Hay HDD, Kilr is my b*t*h, but what the hell AINT NO FUN IF THE HOMIES CANT HAVE SOME

hot_diggity_dog
10-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Hay HDD, Kilr is my b*t*h, but what the hell AINT NO FUN IF THE HOMIES CANT HAVE SOME
We all know Kilr is like a fish on the run, he needs to be reeled in sometimes. LMAO :rollside:
And boy do you bro's do that to him!!! :D :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-03-2004, 09:10 AM
We all know Kilr is like a fish on the run, he needs to be reeled in sometimes. LMAO :rollside:
oooo just wait til he gets another boat, he will really have to be b*t*h slapped

PlyaPlya22
10-03-2004, 12:49 PM
You gotta rule with the "PIMP HAND" sometimes. SSSMMMMAAACCCKKKKhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/161710_1_114_1_-thumb.gif

Kilrtoy
10-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Well HDD the way you chopped everything up is pretty bad.
If your gonna repost my typed words dont cut and paste to make me look bad or suit your needs.
He has to read between the lines. 10mph winds would not effect my 18 Semi vee and seeing how he has a flattie, it would.
Filming an incident in an attempt to recreate a situation will have the slant of the maker. That will be very easily dismissed in court if not even allowed into evidence. The Boat cop was not there to verify that the reanactemnt was true and correct.....
Thru transom gets you 2 to 5mph
over the transom gets you 7 to 10 ask Jordy.... :)
Do be hating on facts......