View Full Version : SPAM...1980 Bahner for sale...

steelcomp
10-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Price reduced, seller motivated.
Featured in ***boat Mag Aug. '04
Tunnel Jet, full interior, carpet, (2) polished 15 gal tanks, Autometer guages, Nordskog speedo.
467 BBC, 4 bolt +.06 454, ARP studs heads and mains, rect port 990's, 2.25 intakes, ported, cc'd. 12.4:1, Cosworth pistons, Eagle rods, fully prepped GM steel crank, JE rings, race brgs, Melling race (10777) pump, Dooley pan, Cloyes, solid custom grind .610" 264@.050.
Crane golds, Ti ret's, Isky springs, Manley ProFlo's, stud girdles, etc.
Ported and matched Weiand with (2) 800 Holleys. Rewarder black ceramic headers.
Berk 12JG, MPD bowl and B impeller, stuffer, race nozzle w/ insert, droop, backcut shoe, ride plate, loader.
Boat has been seen by many, is very clean, no cracks, original gel. Ran 11.39 @ 92.13 at Ming, and believe there's more to be had with a little tweaking.
Price reduced to $15,900...will entertain reasonable offers.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6184&stc=1

Nucking futs
10-03-2004, 01:00 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Why you selling it???At least make it to the century mark then sell it....

steelcomp
10-03-2004, 07:56 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Why you selling it???At least make it to the century mark then sell it....
Been selling it. Bought a house and owe some peeps. Need to fill the hole in the wallet, but still like to play.
Not sure there's 100 in that set up. Maybe on a good day, with good air, in ideal conditions. Can't spend a lot more $ on it. Besides, the sooner I sell it, the sooner I can build my 19' Spectra.

steelcomp
10-03-2004, 08:02 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6191&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6183
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6192&stc=1

djdtpr
10-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Not sure there's 100 in that set up. Maybe on a good day, with good air, in ideal conditions. Can't spend a lot more $ on it. Besides, the sooner I sell it, the sooner I can build my 19' Spectra.
Sometimes i dont think people realize just what it takes to hit the centry mark.Take a pol and see whos do and whos dont then you will see how tough it is.I think at the rpm and speed Scott is running it is pretty awsome.

steelcomp
10-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Sometimes i dont think people realize just what it takes to hit the centry mark.Take a pol and see whos do and whos dont then you will see how tough it is.I think at the rpm and speed Scott is running it is pretty awsome.
Thanks, Danny. Back atcha! It'll be fun to see you squeeze more out of your ride. It's got a bunch left in it!!!

Squirtin Thunder
10-03-2004, 03:03 PM
:boxingguy :hammer2: :messedup: :hammerhea :argue: :cry:

steelcomp
10-03-2004, 03:20 PM
:boxingguy :hammer2: :messedup: :hammerhea :argue: :cry:
Thanks Jim.

Squirtin Thunder
10-04-2004, 11:24 AM
:cool: :idea: :) :hammerhea :shift: :boxingguy :cry:

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 05:50 PM
again??? :D

djdtpr
10-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Man am i dumb i dont get it?

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Man am i dumb i dont get it?
No, it's just Jim jackin off. :rolleyes:
Keeps bumpin the thread to the top, though!

Nucking futs
10-04-2004, 07:05 PM
I was'nt putting him down and not saying he is slow,Just that i read somwhere that he wanted a hundred.
I agree with you on that hundred thing,My past 2 boats have not hit a hundred.
Anyone that has a boat that does a hundred my hats off to them and i know it takes time to make it a safe 100 at that.
Tim

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 07:11 PM
I was'nt putting him down and not saying he is slow,Just that i read somwhere that he wanted a hundred.
Anyone that has a boat that does a hundred my hats off to them and i know it takes time to make it a safe 100 at that.
Tim
Tim, it's cool. You read correctly. I thought I might be able to get there, and with more time and tweaking, I might. But I really can't justify putting more money into this thing right now. If I don't sell it, it's going upside down this winter, and will emerge next year about 200 lbs lighter (or more) and with a 496 with about 820-830 hp...all motor. Whole different ball game, then. :D

djdtpr
10-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Tim
I didnt think you were.After i read your reply i went back and reread my post and noticed that it could be taken wrong.I just dont know to many people that have an honest 100 plus jet or a 92 at 5500rpm jet to me that is amazing.
Scott how many r's were you off the normal that weekend?I was 3-400 hundred off what my ride usually runs which is one of the things we are going to addres the next time.

Nucking futs
10-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Well sounds to me you allready know what your going to be doing this winter.That would be a stout ride..... :D

disco_charger
10-04-2004, 07:34 PM
I really like this boat. I really want this boat. I already have 2 boats. I know some set up tricks for this boat. OK, dear old Dad knows some set up tricks for this boat. 650 hp 211 lb bare hull 117 mph through the lights at Bluewater.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079pops-med.jpg
If I could sell my bubble, I'd think about buying it, but I have some stuff to do to my boat, and I'm building a cruiser! :2purples: I might have my plate full right now. :( Good luck on selling it. For anybody thinking about it, this is not just a good hull, but a GREAT hull.
Disco

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 07:44 PM
I didnt think you were.After i read your reply i went back and reread my post and noticed that it could be taken wrong.I just dont know to many people that have an honest 100 plus jet or a 92 at 5500rpm jet to me that is amazing.
Scott how many r's were you off the normal that weekend?I was 3-400 hundred off what my ride usually runs which is one of the things we are going to addres the next time.
I made SO many changes before the ming race that I really don't know where I should be, but before I had my impeller done by MPD, I was turning an unmodified Berkeley B at 6100, and showing about 95-97 on the speedo in good air at San Antonio, April, 9:00 am, perfect water. The speedo was right on the money at Ming, so I trust it was accurate then. At Ming I think I lost about 250-300 due to the air, which should put me at around 5750-5800 normal (if there is such a thing). According to JPC, that would put me at around 99mph. All things considered, I was pretty happy with the results. The biggest difference from before MPD did the bowl and impeller, is the boat leaves a LOT harder. Now it dosen't sit there and tach to 7800, it just goes bu-by. Jack made my B impeller act like an A-B after he worked it. It moves a lot more water. Much more efficient. I think I'm pretty much at my HP limit, unless I can get back above 6000.

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 07:49 PM
DJ...if the air is anything like it was, you mighjt bring some extra pulleys and jets. Another tooth smaller on the blower would help, and maybe leave the jets the way they are for the first run. I know you have a lot of compression, so you can't get too carried away. I wish I still had my 1050 alky carbs...we could throw those on there and...aaahhh...never mind! :rolleyes: :D

djdtpr
10-04-2004, 07:49 PM
I was amazed after i went out for the first time after haveing Jack do the pump for me it left like never before.I am running a stainles b that he worked also.

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 07:51 PM
I really like this boat. I really want this boat. I already have 2 boats. I know some set up tricks for this boat. OK, dear old Dad knows some set up tricks for this boat. 650 hp 211 lb bare hull 117 mph through the lights at Bluewater.
If I could sell my bubble, I'd think about buying it, but I have some stuff to do to my boat, and I'm building a cruiser! :2purples: I might have my plate full right now. :( Good luck on selling it. For anybody thinking about it, this is not just a good hull, but a GREAT hull.
Disco
Disco!!!Where have you been all my (Bahner) life!!!
Talk to me!

djdtpr
10-04-2004, 07:52 PM
I am definatly bringing some smaller pulleys this next time.And a large asortment of jets also.I was thinking about only puting like five gallons of gas in the boat also instead of 15 gallons like i had last time.

Nucking futs
10-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey danny,remember when you told me at the race that one notch you ran 2 high and then one notch down you ran flat,Just a thought before you try anything else adjust you diverter cable so that it puts the nozzle inbetween the two clicks you were playing with and see if you can get a happy medium.I dont know how many degrees your handle will move the nozzel now,but when you get to be where your at (100) 1 degree will do alot..I dont know how to really write this out so if you dont understand my rambling there give me a call...........Tim

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 08:04 PM
I am definatly bringing some smaller pulleys this next time.And a large asortment of jets also.I was thinking about only puting like five gallons of gas in the boat also instead of 15 gallons like i had last time.
If you have a questionable fuel system, the extra gas will help with delivery. Gas is only 6 lbs per gallon, but when you accelerate, the inertia of the gas will help feed the fuel pump. I block off my left tank and empty it, and run about 8 gal in the right one. If you have side tanks, I would run a few more than 5 gal, but you definately don't need 15. (The extra weight on the right helps offset my weight, as well) You need to invest in a GOOD fuel pump. System I, BG, Aeromotive all make good pumps.

MikeF
10-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Tricks?! The most noticeable one is that the balancer is nearly rubbing the back of your dads seat! :eek: :D

Squirtin Thunder
10-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Is your hull that light??
That would be COOL !!!
Jim

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Tricks?! The most noticeable one is that the balancer is nearly rubbing the back of your dads seat! :eek: :D
Mike, I saw that first off, and have always wondered about moving my engine forward. If you know anything about surfing or snowskiing, the way to speed is to get your weight forward! I've argued this point for a long time, and if I still have this boat next year, that's the first change I'll make.
Good eye!

Cs19
10-04-2004, 08:52 PM
I ran about 3 gallons in one side last race, the driver side was bone dry, didnt have any problems..I run an Aeromotive pump.
Tim I agree.
Heres what I think, and Ive tried to tell DJD this, but hes hard headed.
He needs to set up a stop on that maunual diverter so he knows where he stands as far as nozzle angle, We can adjust after each run to find the best angle for his boat.He wont have to worry about shifting to a certain spot, he will just have to shift till it hits the stop and forget about it.
Next time your near your boat grab your nozzle and pull it up and down and check out the slop in those manual diverters, theres like a few degrees of play in the things, not good if you have a 100 plus mph jet and your looking to get the most out of it.
I really like the fixed nozzle, to be honest I wouldnt be caught dead in my daytona with a diverter without a stop set up.
I also agree about the 1 degree thing. Ive been making 1 degree changes to my boat since I first ran it this summer, 1 degree is huge on a 100 mph boat, but without a stop on that diverter, your hard pressed to change in one degree increments.

steelcomp
10-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Is your hull that light??
That would be COOL !!!
Jim
No, and I have my doubts that his was either. (No offense intended!!) I know Bahner made some real light layups, but that would be a record! The lightest jet boat I've seen was 330 lbs, and I swear, you wouldn't think that thing would hold an engine.
But I'm sure it was light!!! Probably one of the reasons the engine was so far forward.

djdtpr
10-04-2004, 08:59 PM
If you have a questionable fuel system, the extra gas will help with delivery. Gas is only 6 lbs per gallon, but when you accelerate, the inertia of the gas will help feed the fuel pump. I block off my left tank and empty it, and run about 8 gal in the right one. If you have side tanks, I would run a few more than 5 gal, but you definately don't need 15. (The extra weight on the right helps offset my weight, as well) You need to invest in a GOOD fuel pump. System I, BG, Aeromotive all make good pumps.
If i was going to keep running the carbs i would step up the fuel system but the carbs are going by by this winter.A buddy of mine runs comp jet and runs in the low 8's and runs a pair of the holley's to so they arent all that bad but if i run the side tanks for extra fuel next year i probably will step up to a aeromotive pumpto feed the main tank with.
Nucking futs i was going to try that this weekend at big river with some other stuff.I wanted a baseline to start with at Ming and left the boat set up the way we run it at the river every weekend.I have talked with Jack about it and there are some things we are going to try with the boat nothing special just simple stuff.

disco_charger
10-05-2004, 06:50 AM
No, and I have my doubts that his was either. (No offense intended!!) I know Bahner made some real light layups, but that would be a record! The lightest jet boat I've seen was 330 lbs, and I swear, you wouldn't think that thing would hold an engine.
But I'm sure it was light!!! Probably one of the reasons the engine was so far forward.
At 12 years old, with the intake in it, I could pick up the rear corner. Yes, it was 260 something with the intake in it! Sounds like fish tales, I know. Also, I know a lot of racer talk about moving the motor back on their jet boats. We picked up a lot of speed moving it forward. I'm sure LV Jet could explain it better than I (with a graph, no less) but remember, once the boat is on plane, it's nothing more than a lever. ;) That boat had a long droop and another degree and a half of wedge. Ask around. Brock probably remembers my old man, and I know Shoemaker does. That boat was right.
As for being light, at Bluewater, one race, some lady started screaming at the front of the boat. Dad runs up, and the deck is sagging to the bottom of the boat. The truck inner tube that was the bulkhead had gone flat.

Jeanyus
10-05-2004, 11:15 AM
With just the intake in my 85 Bahner, I can pick up the stern with 1 hand, I do have to struggle a little. I cannot pick up the bow by myself. I have thin small stringers, and I can push on the fiber glass on the bow and sides, and it moves.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859b2.jpg
I have been told 2 times now to move the engine foreward. I figured a jetaway would move it a couple inches. But that probably would not be enough.
Mike F do you have any more pictures of that boat?

Squirtin Thunder
10-05-2004, 07:50 PM
:2purples: :eat: :cool: :cool: :cool:

steelcomp
10-05-2004, 10:52 PM
At 12 years old, with the intake in it, I could pick up the rear corner. Yes, it was 260 something with the intake in it! Sounds like fish tales, I know. Also, I know a lot of racer talk about moving the motor back on their jet boats. We picked up a lot of speed moving it forward. I'm sure LV Jet could explain it better than I (with a graph, no less) but remember, once the boat is on plane, it's nothing more than a lever. ;) That boat had a long droop and another degree and a half of wedge. Ask around. Brock probably remembers my old man, and I know Shoemaker does. That boat was right.
As for being light, at Bluewater, one race, some lady started screaming at the front of the boat. Dad runs up, and the deck is sagging to the bottom of the boat. The truck inner tube that was the bulkhead had gone flat.
what can I say...guess you'd need a patch kit in your tool box for race day!
I'd like to see more pics. Thanks for the PM...I'll call.

Bow Tie Omega
10-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Price reduced, seller motivated.
Featured in ***boat Mag Aug. '04
Tunnel Jet, full interior, carpet, (2) polished 15 gal tanks, Autometer guages, Nordskog speedo.
467 BBC, 4 bolt +.06 454, ARP studs heads and mains, rect port 990's, 2.25 intakes, ported, cc'd. 12.4:1, Cosworth pistons, Eagle rods, fully prepped GM steel crank, JE rings, race brgs, Melling race (10777) pump, Dooley pan, Cloyes, solid custom grind .610" 264@.050.
Crane golds, Ti ret's, Isky springs, Manley ProFlo's, stud girdles, etc.
Ported and matched Weiand with (2) 800 Holleys. Rewarder black ceramic headers.
Berk 12JG, MPD bowl and B impeller, stuffer, race nozzle w/ insert, droop, backcut shoe, ride plate, loader.
Boat has been seen by many, is very clean, no cracks, original gel. Ran 11.39 @ 92.13 at Ming, and believe there's more to be had with a little tweaking.
Price reduced to $15,900...will entertain reasonable offers.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6184&stc=1
Does that come with the 2 cans welded together :crossx:

Squirtin Thunder
10-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Omega,
Easy now that is one of the cleanest boats I have seen. It is spotless and uncluttered. Picture do not do it justuce.
Jim

MikeF
10-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Mike F do you have any more pictures of that boat?
Nope, I copied that pic from one of DC's posts. I'd like to see more of it too! :cool:

steelcomp
10-06-2004, 09:52 PM
Omega,
Easy now that is one of the cleanest boats I have seen. It is spotless and uncluttered. Picture do not do it justuce.
Jim
Thanks Jim. :smile:
Omega's just a jealous wannabe.

Squirtin Thunder
10-07-2004, 06:00 PM
This boat must like to be on top. :cool:
Jim :cool:

djdtpr
10-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Are you guys going to fbc2 or are you going to sit around on your damn computers all weekend?You know who you are!

steelcomp
10-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Are you guys going to fbc2 or are you going to sit around on your damn computers all weekend?You know who you are!
DOH!!! Talk about smack down!!!
:rolleyes:
Too far for me this week. But I'll be at Ming, so there! :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
10-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Danny,
I wish I were able to make it. But I have to work. I have to finish a custom lift on a Ranger and some sheet Aluminum on a Jeep Cherokee (baby Hummer). Danny check your PMs.
Jim

djdtpr
10-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Scott we will see ya at ming in a couple weeks di ya make any changes or are you going to work from the baseline you had from the last race?It will be a blast cant wait.
Jim this work thing is realy crampin your fun time.

steelcomp
10-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Scott we will see ya at ming in a couple weeks di ya make any changes or are you going to work from the baseline you had from the last race?It will be a blast cant wait.
Jim this work thing is realy crampin your fun time.
DJ...I think I'm still base lining..going to try more backcut, play with jetting a little. Just having fun. Going more for the rope time, and to hang out with some great guys! Maybe learn someting. CUThere.

steelcomp
10-08-2004, 09:43 PM
back to the top...c'mon, now. Someone's GOT to want this boat! Make me an offer!

Squirtin Thunder
10-08-2004, 09:44 PM
If it had a Big Bad Ford in it it might sell better.

steelcomp
10-08-2004, 09:45 PM
If it had a Big Bad Ford in it it might sell better.
blow me, blue lips.

Squirtin Thunder
10-08-2004, 10:15 PM
I am almost ready to yank the engine out with my teeth. I can almost smell the water.
I bet you would keep it if it had a Big Bad Ford in it.

Squirtin Thunder
10-09-2004, 11:11 PM
:eat: :hammerhea :sleeping: :hammer2: :cool: :D :shift: :jawdrop: :D

Squirtin Thunder
10-11-2004, 10:29 AM
Well Danny, FCII people, yes this work thing sucks, cutting into fun time big time, right now I am custom fitting fiber glass fenders on a Ranger. I would not be so bad but when these guys go out to the races, they buy the broken stuf and try and fix it with out any knowlage of building anything. Don't they teach kids in school that you need some sort of forming device, gig, when doing glass work???? :boxingguy :lightsabe :hammer2: :hammerhea :argue:
Jim :D

steelcomp
10-12-2004, 06:59 PM
here it is...the Bahner you been lookin for.