PDA

View Full Version : Stage Fright!?

FMluvswater
10-03-2004, 02:27 PM
I couldn't freaking believe it. :eek: I never get it. Okay I used to never get it. Until last night. First time for everything I guess. I was shaking so bad I thought I was gonna drop the microphone and I had to return to my seat without finishing the song. A little embarrassing but mostly I was wigged out that it happened at all. :o
I love karaoke. I love singing. I love being on stage with a microphone. I used to compete in public speaking contests and amateur talent contests (won sometimes too :) ). Stage fright? :confused: Damn. The friends I was with last night couldn't figure out why I didn't finish the song. When I told them what happened, I had to laugh at the shock on their faces ... that and the three of them saying simultaneously, "No way! Really? That's not like you." :D
Diet coke and rye is good stuff, btw. :cool: After the second drink the DJ called me back up and I sang an old favorite of mine - and nailed it. :D
Sang another one after my third drink. Need to practice that one a bit more but I diidn't get booed off the stage so I guess I did okay. Into my fourth drink I got called up again. I figured it was my last shot for the night to sing. I decided to try again the song I choked on earlier and not only did I get through it that time but people got up and danced (alcohol may have been a factor, lol ).
What have I learned? I need to go to karaoke more often so I never get stage fright EVER again and rye is my friend. ;) :D
Okay if anyone gots most embarassing moments to share or their own stage fright stories to tell please do. Please? Pretty please? :D
~FM

RiverKitty
10-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Nothing quite like liquid courage!!! :D
The first time I had to get up and give a speech in college, I got all the symptoms of stage fright. Had to lean back on a table during the speech cause my knees felt like rubber. I seriously almost passed out. :eek: I started the speech out by saying, "Hi, I'm RiverKitty and I'm an alcoholic!"...."oh wait! That's the other class!" Everyone started laughing which helped a out a little....but not as much as liquid courage would have. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-03-2004, 03:31 PM
:) There is no way I would get up in front of anybody and sing.. you have more courage then I do.. I have alot of drinks then well.. wild one comes out.. that's the other person in me.. I'm sure a few have seen her.. :devil: :smile:

RiverKitty
10-03-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't know Mrs. FV, you had a LOT of courage on that dancing pole!!! :idea: I was your #1 cheerleader!!! :D
FM, you'll HAVE to come to Havasu sometime and sing for us!!! I'll make sure you have lots of liquid courage!!! PahLeeeease!!!!!!

FMluvswater
10-03-2004, 03:46 PM
I don't know Mrs. FV, you had a LOT of courage on that dancing pole!!! :idea: I was your #1 cheerleader!!! :D
FM, you'll HAVE to come to Havasu sometime and sing for us!!! I'll make sure you have lots of liquid courage!!! PahLeeeease!!!!!!
If I ever make it there I will no problem. :) I'm not a fabulous singer by any means but I'm not unpleasant to hear either. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-03-2004, 03:51 PM
that wasn't me.. that was wild one with Jello shots.. LOL!! :jawdrop: :D

ahhell
10-03-2004, 03:54 PM
I had stage fright once at an Aerosmith concert....i got to the pisser and there were about 50+ dudes behind me all yellin to hurry up and.....BAM...couldnt pee, just like someone grabbed my prostate and squeezed...not quite the same...but close
ended up peein' after all, just gotta say F'_____EM AND DO IT

RiverKitty
10-03-2004, 03:55 PM
If I ever make it there I will no problem. :) I'm not a fabulous singer by any means but I'm not unpleasant to hear either. :)
Well then...PLAN ON IT!!! As soon as you can, reserve your tickets now for the OP6C party in the spring! I think everyone from Canada should come down and party with us!!! I'm sure you have a wonderful voice! What did you sing???

RiverKitty
10-03-2004, 03:57 PM
that wasn't me.. that was wild one with Jello shots.. LOL!! :jawdrop: :D
Oh Yes! That was your "other" personality! :skull: What was her name again??? :idea:

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Oh Yes! That was your "other" personality! :skull: What was her name again??? :idea:
I don't remember.. :cry: :smile:

FMluvswater
10-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Well then...PLAN ON IT!!! As soon as you can, reserve your tickets now for the OP6C party in the spring! I think everyone from Canada should come down and party with us!!! I'm sure you have a wonderful voice! What did you sing???
I'll look into it RK but no promises. :)
What did I sing? Some soft pop/rock songs from the 80's and 90's. Two of which I'd never done at karaoke before. The one I nearly always sing at karaoke is Waiting For A Star To Fall (Boy Meets Girl). The one I choked on at first was Crush (Jennifer Paige). One I gotta practice more is Straight Up (Paula Abdul).
Not my usual songs but it was fun to try them anyway. :)