PDA

View Full Version : Boat Rally at Plowman's Creek, Lake Whitney

cookieman
10-03-2004, 03:38 PM
WOW another great weekend at the river on Lake Whitney. It looked like it was going to be a wash out on Friday night with all the storms that passed thru. We went Sat. Afternoon to find the park full of boats. I think because it was a little cool and not much sunshine there was a lot of trailer racing going on. The afternoon turned out great and there were a lot of boats to hit the water. I think this is the first year that I have seen so many bigger fast boats show up and run. I guess because the water was up and there was plenty of room to run the big boats.There were a lot of new people this year which was great and I am glad I got to meet some of the people that I see post on this forum. The day seemed to go by fast with so many boats out running and having a great time. We came back on Sunday to find that the crowd had thin out a lot, but there was still a few diehards out running their boats. Now I finally got a group of jetboaters together to do a wall of water drive-by. I think we had 7 boats get together up the river and made a pass down into Plowman,s creek in full roost. I know that it must have been cool looking because all we could see was people clapping and thumbs-up to us as we made the pass. We then made a turn around and roosted back out of the creek. I think everyone was impressed and hopefully there will be some pics posted here soon. Thanks to all the guys that helped out with the wall of water roost. I did get to see a video the was taking and it did look cool. Maybe next year we can do the same thing . Anyways thanks again everyone and don't forget to pass the word around about how much fun this boat rally was. If you got some pics from this weekend postem'. my batteries were dead in my camera. TTUL Bill "cookieman"

rrrr
10-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey cookieman, the wall o'water was stinkin' cool, I'll post my pics tomorrow. Props to you jet guys for entertaining everyone this afternoon.
We had a great time! Me and Fonda talked to a bunch of friendly folks, and the people that stayed at the Indian Lodge were fantastic. We stayed up late on Friday and Saturday nights making aluminum sculptures, really enjoyed the company.
I hope next year we can get a special events permit and really have a blowout.
Thanks to everyone that showed up, I had a fookin' great time.....

ratso
10-03-2004, 06:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1320roost.JPG

ratso
10-03-2004, 06:42 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1320marty.JPG

ratso
10-03-2004, 06:44 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1320two.JPG

ratso
10-03-2004, 06:46 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1320yellow.JPG

ratso
10-03-2004, 06:47 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1320hydro.JPG

ratso
10-03-2004, 06:48 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1320mlogan.JPG

Infomaniac
10-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Anyone see OkieDave there?
Red and White cheyenne with a Ford? Probably running pretty hard.
Gotta love those Quartermasters. Awesome looking boats !!

ratso
10-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Not sure on the okiedave guy...Marty Logan and crew had the two quartermasters out there...

Shark In The Pond
10-03-2004, 08:01 PM
I think so if its the one you spoke of , I was told by a freind as he rolled in that he did the lay up and all on it ?

Shark In The Pond
10-03-2004, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=rrrr]Hey cookieman, the wall o'water was stinkin' cool, I'll post my pics tomorrow. Props to you jet guys for entertaining everyone this afternoon.
I was one of the boats in the wall of water and like cookieman said EVERYONE all the way down were waving and giving the thumbs up , I think it was a crowd pleaser . Also I got to meet alot of peeps from the boards here and was glad to meet all ,look forward to hooking up with you again !

sdba069
10-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Can't believe how much more I enjoyed this year's outing as compared to previous years. No pressure this go round. Unless things get stupid, I will be applying for a special events permit for next year's event. Hopefully that will take care of the issues with the Park Ranger's that we had this year. It was nice to see everyone. kinda weird that the turnout for Sunday was as light as it was. This was the peaceful event we've ever had also. We left about 1 a.m Sunday morning to head back up to my house and it was almost scary quiet, which was good I guess. On a sad note, Joe Don Lewis called about the time I got home this afternoon with the news that John Hipwell, driver of Madness, Top Fuel Hydro, was killed this afternoon in a crash in Merced, Ca. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

sdba069
10-03-2004, 09:05 PM
By the way, the roost wall was way cool, but I will have to teach you amateur squirters how to do the staggered deal. Nothing cooler than a half mile of rooster tail. It was nice to meet a bunch of you guys that we see on here. Today was my second anniversary of the last time I drove a drag boat and although I still attend lots of boat races as a crew chief, the only time I ever have any desire to step back into a hot rod boat is when Plowman's comes around. Hey Infomaniac, bet money, if there is another boat for me, it will be a Mirage with a blown alky injected BBC. Might just have to borrow the one that goes in my Beretta.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-04-2004, 04:00 AM
Okiedave was there Saturday and Sunday. he ran a little on Saturday but I think the water was a little choppy for his liking. I think he did run more on Sunday. He stayed at Indian Lodge right across the way from us. He came and ate monster hot dogs and hamburgers with us. I think I partialy pickled my liver. This event was like Tablerock roost times 10. for all those that missed it, make sure this is your last year to make excuses ;)
The folks at Indian Lodge were very nice and the place is clean and all around great to stay at. we will definitely be back next year. I am really sorry I didn't get to meet all of you, especially Mr.Snow. I think it is worth mentioning that on Friday evening when we got there we literaly dropped our bags and headed for the launch. Texasjet was the first in the water and Greaser and I soon followed. Texasjet's starter took a dump :burningm: so he rode with us and we headed to the park where someone was nice enough to give us Gary's phone number and let Jeff borrow a phone. Long story short Gary fixed Jeff's boat that evening and he was up and running HARD the next morning. I think that old baja surprised a few people. :lightsabe Definitley cool they were able to fix texasjet boat so fast and at that time of the evening. I know he was thrilled.
We had a blast hanging out and partying with all the folks at Indian Lodge. rrrr and his wife fonda are a trip. As were oldbuck and carol. Oldbuck seemed to hang with the young bucks pretty good when it came to the drinking. Greaser's brother john could hold his own also. I did take the award for getting drunk and falling off the rock ledge backwards after carol warned me repeatedly to move away from the edge. no harm done, I landed on my head! :jawdrop: Seriously though it was great meeting so many peeps and having this much fun. I hope to see you all in a year. If any of you are ever around Houston be sure and drop me a pm and we will meet up.
Omega
-edit- I left my camera at home this trip :cry: but lets see some more pics.

TexasJet
10-04-2004, 04:20 AM
I HAD A GREAAAAAAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to thank Gary Snow again for helping me out with no advance notice. My starter bendix toreup Friday at 4:30 PM. Gary had a new starter in by 8:00 PM that same evening. That's service that can't be beat. :rollside:

oldbuck40
10-04-2004, 06:27 AM
i want to thank all of you that carol and i met,,this was our 1st rally and wont be our last,,,omega im sorry you had a crash off the rock ledge,im glad you came out ok on that deal! everyone was so nice to us and we realy enjoyed hangin out with each of you,,im looking forward to coming down to sommerville sometime and let ya'll show me the ropes down there,,,i'll get my pic's real soon and post for all to see! and Ron be sure and tell Fonda she is a trip i enjoyed yackin with her,,,you are all welcome at my fire anytime!

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2004, 07:52 AM
First time to Plowman. It was great !!!! :
I was in a White with a Blue stripe 1973 Sanger Flat Bottom.
I emailed some picture to Snow, maybe he will post for me.. I am new and do not know how to post pictures.
Any way , had a great time and will be back next year..

Brazos River Rat
10-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Here are a few pictures.. I think I got them attached...

esabataj
10-04-2004, 08:20 AM
To everyone who attended The Gathering this weekend at Lake Whitney I wanted to say thank you for making it a great event!!!
I have been around hot boats and cars approaching a half century now and I have never been to an event where so much serious hardware came together just for fun and love of the sport. A run what ya brung, serious partying, and great fellowship weekend with the kind of peeps who know what the true River Rat Life experience is supposed to be.
For those of you who didn’t make it try to add it to your calendar for next year. It’s worth the trip no matter where you’re hauling from. From the top of the line Havasu style cats to an RC controlled model hydro with a mad Weed Eater motor, everything was well represented.”V” drives, Out drives, Weed whackers, Flatties, Hydros, Tunnel, Jets, Gasoline, Alcohol, Nitro- Just name your passion and all were represented well.
On a personal level, I wanted to thank everyone one who came by RRL.com party central at my motor home during the weekend. I hope everyone had a good time and look forward to seeing again you soon.
Scott- You and your family are the best. Glad to see you finally got that vintage trailer queen Avenger wet on Sunday!! Glad you were able to get in on the Roost parade on Sunday. You may not have been the fastest out there but ya Roost with the best of them.
Cookieman and your lovely wife- We really enjoyed finally spending some time with you guys. Debra told me I was crazy last night when I got home after midnight and wouldn’t come to bed till after I watched the roost parade video on the bigscreen TV. The footage is awesome and I’ll start copying tonight. Don’t forget to Pm me your address. Thanks for the great idea and I think it was one of the highlights of the Weekend.
Ratso- Even though we didn’t get to spend much time with you and your crew, we enjoyed meeting you. Your mom and dad are great and looking forward to the next time.
Texas Jet.- Thanks for stopping by and I promise that next time I’ll have that frozen margarita ready for ya (with salt on the rim) even if it is early Sunday morning. I’m glad I knew enough about that sleeper you cruise around in that I didn’t get embarrassed by letting ya spank my jet with that bad boy.
The Snowman-
There is not much I can say except that I finally met someone that lived up to all the positive things that have been said about you. Truly you are an honest, caring, talented individual that does what you do purely for the love of the sport and the participants in it. Thanks for taking the time for helping and “B” S” ing with the little guys! For someone who said they had “NOTHING” to do with this year’s event, I can’t wait till next year with you organizing and promoting it. Great job for not having anything to do with it!!
Lets see-------------- Who did I forget
Kevin -------------------- AKA Shark In The Pond.---------------------------------
Last but not least. Buddy your reputation proceeded you and did you ever live up to it!!!
If you’ve never met this redneck tree planter from Lubbock, TX take the time to say hi next time he’s around. All I can say is that you are truly the kind of friend a friend would love to have. Thanks for the great times, the bullshit, the company, and all the help all weekend. Debra and I had a great time getting to know you but tell me something? When the hell do you sleep??????? My house is your house and we can’t wait to do it again.
To all the peeps out there. When you see my avatar flying, my old slow boat, and the RRL flag flying (next year? Right RD?????) Stop by for some good food, a little booze, and some good River Rat Life, Texas Style good times. My blender always running and the beers ice cold. :D
Richard

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-04-2004, 08:41 AM
i want to thank all of you that carol and i met,,this was our 1st rally and wont be our last,,,omega im sorry you had a crash off the rock ledge,im glad you came out ok on that deal! everyone was so nice to us and we realy enjoyed hangin out with each of you,,im looking forward to coming down to sommerville sometime and let ya'll show me the ropes down there,,,i'll get my pic's real soon and post for all to see! and Ron be sure and tell Fonda she is a trip i enjoyed yackin with her,,,you are all welcome at my fire anytime!
you know it is getting that time of year when it is not quite so hot at night and I do have a 20' x 10' tent I been meaning to try out. :idea: Texasjet camps down there all the time. it would be cool if we could do a camping/boat trip before the season is up. you and carol are definitley fun to party with :) thanks again for the bottles of honey :rollside:
Omega

Greaser
10-04-2004, 09:18 AM
I did take the award for getting drunk and falling off the rock ledge backwards after carol warned me repeatedly to move away from the edge. no harm done, I landed on my head! :jawdrop:
Omega
That was pretty funny :rollside:
Omega, Shannon, Texas Jet, it was great hanging out with yall again, had a blast.
RRRR, Fonda, Old Buck, and Carol, it was really great meeting yall.
The people at Indian Lodge were great. Really friendly, and easy going. They even gave me a free koozie when I checked out. I will definatly be staying there again next year.
Oh yea, lets not forget about marathon man!!! We really should have given him a standing ovation :rollside:
any way, oldbuck, when your ready to come to Somerville, just let me know.

oldbuck40
10-04-2004, 10:04 AM
That was pretty funny :rollside:
Omega, Shannon, Texas Jet, it was great hanging out with yall again, had a blast.
RRRR, Fonda, Old Buck, and Carol, it was really great meeting yall.
The people at Indian Lodge were great. Really friendly, and easy going. They even gave me a free koozie when I checked out. I will definatly be staying there again next year.
Oh yea, lets not forget about marathon man!!! We really should have given him a standing ovation :rollside:
any way, oldbuck, when your ready to come to Somerville, just let me know.
i dont think i will get another chance this year to come down or do anymore camping out,my schedule is pretty much full for the rest of this month,,you know deer season is almost upon us and i have two trips already planed b/4 november to get things done at the deer lease,,just not enough time in the day to get everything done,,,ya'lls boating season starts earlier than ours does maybe we can get an early start on it and get something else in the works for april or may whenever its gets warm enough down there just let me know when it will be a good long weekend for everyone and i will try and get rrrr and fonda to drag along with us

"TOYMAN"
10-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the ride of a life time and I hope to have some pic's of the wall of water here soon.
"toyman"

sdba069
10-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks again to everyone for making the trip. I'm already working on plans for next year's bash. Hey CookieMan, sorry I didn't get to talk to you guys, they kept me pretty busy running back and forth to the shop for parts and repairs. Glad we were able to help keep some of you guys going this weekend. I talked to some of the park people earlier and they said this was the nicest group they'd ever had down there. As plans for next year's bash come together, I will try to keep everyone updated via some of the forums. I would really like to make next year's deal the biggest, baddest, yet. Hell, I may even try to put another boat together or at least get my old white Mirage back up here out of Florida and play. Thanks again to EVERYONE who made this weekend worthwhile.

rrrr
10-04-2004, 11:16 AM
I have posted a few pics in the Sandbar. Found out there was a spot on the lens, so almost all of the pictures are messed up. CRAP!!! :mad:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-04-2004, 11:27 AM
here is a link just in case it moves down the pile. great pics BTW.
http://www.***boat.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=59753
Omega

oldbuck40
10-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey Omega,,you know Texas Jet pretty good,,wonder if he would make me a copy of his video??? i would be glad to pay for the tape,postage,and whatever,,see if you can twist his arm a little for me,,i know he had a front row seat and is bound to have alot of good stuff!

TexasJet
10-04-2004, 12:56 PM
oldbuck40, no problemo. I just need to find a place that does that conversion. Places like Eckerds and Wallgreens don't do it. I will probably have to take it to a photo lab. It's on my mind. :)

oldbuck40
10-04-2004, 01:21 PM
oldbuck40, no problemo. I just need to find a place that does that conversion. Places like Eckerds and Wallgreens don't do it. I will probably have to take it to a photo lab. It's on my mind. :)
just let me know when and i will pm you all the info,,,ya'll be sure and let me know if your heading to somerville on the weekend i dont care if its last minute notice,,you never know i might be able to get away,,i havent put the mothballs in the boat yet!!!

Greaser
10-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Hey TJ, I also would be interested in a copy as well.
I also have about 30 pics that I took, but I suck at this computer stuff. If someone one wanted to post them for me, I could email them.. :)

Shark In The Pond
10-04-2004, 02:50 PM
I HAD A GREAAAAAAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to thank Gary Snow again for helping me out with no advance notice. My starter bendix toreup Friday at 4:30 PM. Gary had a new starter in by 8:00 PM that same evening. That's service that can't be beat. :rollside:
Indeed that man works his ass off to Get-R-Done ! He had mine Thurs and Fri and did wonders with it and I gained 300 rpm . Then come Sat. night my deep cycle battery was down and I had a bolt missing from my steering arm and when I got to the camp site that morning there sat a battery charger and SS bolt thanks again Garry and I will be bringing her back on the things we spoke of ! And TJ did you get video of the roost parade also I would also like to talk with ya on getting it ? It was great to meet you and I love the Baja .

TexasJet
10-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Shark, thanks for the compliment on the old Baja. I left before they did the roost. Actually I didn't shoot any vidio on Sunday. I just drove over to the park and talked to some people I had missed on Saturday. Greaser, when I get the vidio converted I'll post here and order copies for those that want them.

cookieman
10-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Well, I guess just one day out and it seems that everyone is still pumped up after this weekend at the river. Snowman I did miss you this year, but I think you should be proud to know that your boat rally will continue on for years even with or without the park ranger blessing. I agree with everyone that was there this year it was great. The water was great, the weather will have to be worked on, and the new friends were fantastic. I know that every time I have made a South Texas Boating event , I try to talk up the Plowman's boat rally and how great it is. I noticed this year more guys putting on the lifevests before running their boats. I now in the past years that has been a concern of Snowman's. Now a few kudos to Kevin(Shark in the Pond) for your help in the wall of water roost. I know that for a first time that we ran together in such event as that wall of water , I think we did a great job. Thanks again. Kudos to Richard(Esabataj) for the video of the roost. I can't wait to get a copy of the event. Hope to see ya next year at Jetfest, who knows maybe we can get a 10 wide roost down there. Ron(Toyman) glad you enjoyed the ride,my pleasure. I know that the first year I went to Plowman's I didn't know anyone and would have beg to ride In some of the boats that were there that year. Hope you had a great time and keep in touch, you can come to Granbury to boat with us any time. Omega Bubble Jet , you guys from Houston need to spread the word down there about this boat rally. Let everyone one know what they missed out on. Hope to see you guys again, and tell Scott he really missed out. Old Buck glad I got to meet you. I know that I have seen you post on here a many a time. Hey you know its not that far to Granbury, come see us. Now last , Steve and Dian ( Borderline Crazy) were up here from Del Rio to check out the event. I think without doubt he will bring the Warhawk next year. Finally postem' if you got em' lets show those how didn't or couldn't make it what they missed out on. TTUL Bill "cookieman"

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:00 AM
okay here are some of greasers pics.
314 is my boat
315 is greasers boat
316 is oldbuck40s boat
317 is okiedaves boat
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:04 AM
318 is a taylor, never got to formaly meet him
319 is a sweet carrera with a tunnel ram, probably one of the nicest interiors I have ever seen
320 yours truly going out to make some noise :cool:
321 greasers boat

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:07 AM
325 is the sleeper baja 70+ mph :sqeyes:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:08 AM
even more pics.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:10 AM
more

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:11 AM
yep you got it more.....

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:14 AM
338 and 339 are rrrr's boat a sweet howard flatbottom.
that it him sitting on the trailer.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:16 AM
more

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-05-2004, 09:18 AM
last ones
the boat in 347 was FAST it had a single carb blower but damn that thing screamed......
thanks for the pics greaser. it looks like you got some good ones.
Omega

Greaser
10-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Thanks for posting them for me. I wanted to take more, but the batteries went dead in the camera :(

OkieDave
10-05-2004, 01:48 PM
I had a great time. met a lot of good people. saw a lot of cool boats. it was worth the drive from Oklahoma. definately will return in future years. :D

sdba069
10-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Hey Dave.... Someone told me you have a set of Cheyenne molds. Which ones are they? I only knew of 2 sets and I know where they both are. I wanted to get down and meet you this weekend but I just couldn't seem to get away. Your boat looked like it was running pretty good. I heard you had NOS problems. I keep plenty of spare nitrous parts, just keep that in mind if you're down and have problems. Actually, I keep lots of everything spare parts, comes from about 30 years of racing. Let me know about the molds. Later..........

sdba069
10-05-2004, 08:07 PM
The B & M 250 blower TX-19 with the single carb is out of our shop. He hurt the motor this weekend and I have the boat here for sale. Actually, I have 2 TX-19's here for sale minus motors.

Infomaniac
10-06-2004, 03:30 AM
OkieDave has a TX-19 mold as well. :cool:

OkieDave
10-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Gary, sorry I didn't get over to visit you. I saw you a couple times but got sidetracked before I made my way over. You probably would remember me from a race at Wichita several years ago. I was running a Pink Youngblood tunnell with a Ford. we first met at Keystone in about 86-87 when you had a TX and had Leland riding with you. My NOS had some trash in the solinoid this weekend but no prob getting it fixed. I just didn't feel like using much NOS with so much traffic out there. My Cheyenne mold is a copy of a JJ boat. it works for me. I have built several over the last 7-8 years.

Sweet Addiction
10-06-2004, 06:09 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6288

Sweet Addiction
10-06-2004, 06:10 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6289

Sweet Addiction
10-06-2004, 06:11 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6294

Sweet Addiction
10-06-2004, 06:12 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6291

oldbuck40
10-06-2004, 12:43 PM
okiedave and rrrr sure got some nice pic's of your ride in here

"TOYMAN"
10-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Bary's Camera does it real quick whil you wait, Just FYI
" TOYMAN"

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-07-2004, 03:29 AM
okiedave and rrrr sure got some nice pic's of your ride in here
where are your pics oldbuck? I know I was pretty lit and all but I swear I remember a couple of flashes at the lodge. give em up. :)
Omega

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 05:28 AM
im having problems with the scanner and they dont look to hot but im working on it, dont give up on me!!! next year i hope to have one of those digital camera's,,it seem's to be a whole lot quicker

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-07-2004, 06:16 AM
im having problems with the scanner and they dont look to hot but im working on it, dont give up on me!!! next year i hope to have one of those digital camera's,,it seem's to be a whole lot quicker
they don't have a walgreens or a CVS or even a wal-mart in waxahachie? any of those places should be able to take your negatives and put the pictures on a CD for a nominal fee. It is a pretty good deal and the pictures come out better than scanned pictures IMHO.
Omega

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 06:32 AM
you talked me into it im gone to town! i'll have em up in a few!!! :hammerhea

Greaser
10-07-2004, 08:46 AM
c'mon old buck, lets see those pics :D

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 09:00 AM
im working on it!!!

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 10:23 AM
it would be nice if i could get this to work(computer dummy) :hammerhea

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 10:54 AM
let's see

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 10:58 AM
maybe more hang in there!!!

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 11:03 AM
not as hard as i thought!!!

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 11:08 AM
more!!!

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 11:12 AM
almost done

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 11:17 AM
and the best for last, omega,greaser, remember friday afternoon???
some nice water huh,,,i may just get this one blown up!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-07-2004, 11:26 AM
that last one was SWEET! damn those pictures brought me right back. thanks oldbuck.
Omega

rrrr
10-07-2004, 12:37 PM
LOL, you can see oldbuck40 was comfortable sitting at the table and wasn't gonna let an old BBQ and a dead tree mess up his picture taking.
Good stuff. :D :D

oldbuck40
10-07-2004, 12:47 PM
yea i know (lazy) is more like and i didnt think about the pic's being so far out there,but hey i was having fun and just so caught up watchin all the neat boats,,,but anyway it was all good!!!
was the guy in the white/blue stripe ss taylor "Brazosriver" ???????

"TOYMAN"
10-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Well Guys I finally received my picture's :wink:

Greaser
10-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Those were some great pics oldbuck. I really liked that last one, kinda like the 3 Muskateers :lightsabe lol. Cant wait till we can all get together again, we had a blast.
Lets see those pics ToyMan

"TOYMAN"
10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Have the pic's but, the file size is to big and I have to reduce them, will be a little while. :rolleyes:

"TOYMAN"
10-07-2004, 03:17 PM
This pic of the back of my boat is the only one small enough

cookieman
10-07-2004, 07:07 PM
I like the pics that have been posted, they are great. Old Buck thanks for the pics. I am just like Omega wished it was time to do it again. I guess we have a year now to look forward to Plowman's and the fun we had. Maybe next spring we can hook up with some of you guys and do this again. I got my video today from Richard(esabataj)and it was great. Thanks Richard , I have not hooked it up to the big screen yet, but it was great to see the "wall of water" from this side. I guess when we were squirtin' the water we could not see what it looked like. The video was great and the sound effects makes it that much better. I hope everyone continues to post some pics , it is great to see all the great pics. Anyways everyone take care. TTUL Bill"cookiman"

esabataj
10-08-2004, 04:16 AM
HI Everyone!
Cookieman-I'm glad ya liked the video. It is pretty awsome to see. I sent the master to River Dave and he should post it up here for everyone after his birthday bash this weekend. He told me last night it will probally be Monday sometime. Stay tuned you guys it is worth the wait.
TTYL
Richard

Shark In The Pond
10-08-2004, 04:20 AM
I got mine also and watched it 3 times already ! I had a great time and will not miss another .

"TOYMAN"
10-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Can It be true! a week guys, seams like yesterday we we all gathered up Drinking and in Randys case, Guzzling (LOL) it down and basking in the glow of good food friends and fun With some of the most kick ass boats I seen around from Ron Pruitt's classic Howard and his 66 ford 3 on the tree
to Glastrons CVX-20's and Of course I'll never forget Elmer Youngbood rideing that Goldwing. Seam's That I have to make cd's and send them to people who wants them because my camera's file format is to big to post here on this forum. Let me know. Can't wait for this to come around next year..
"TOYMAN "
He who Dies with the most toys, WINS :lightsabe

sdba069
10-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey Bill(C Man)....... Where was my little buddy, Charlie? I didn't see him down here this year.

Shark In The Pond
10-11-2004, 04:54 AM
I like the pics that have been posted, they are great. Old Buck thanks for the pics. I am just like Omega wished it was time to do it again. I guess we have a year now to look forward to Plowman's and the fun we had. Maybe next spring we can hook up with some of you guys and do this again. I got my video today from Richard(esabataj)and it was great. Thanks Richard , I have not hooked it up to the big screen yet, but it was great to see the "wall of water" from this side. I guess when we were squirtin' the water we could not see what it looked like. The video was great and the sound effects makes it that much better. I hope everyone continues to post some pics , it is great to see all the great pics. Anyways everyone take care. TTUL Bill"cookiman"
I liked the way all the roost shut down about the same time when we reached the end . Hope to see RD's cut soon ?

"TOYMAN"
10-13-2004, 07:28 PM
I just received mine today and just had to use it..
It works perfect and does what it says...
Tempo Oil Boy™ Fluid Extractor Kit
http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cgi?prod_id=40344&current_category=oil&current_category=oil&cart_id=980142480
and came with a great idea for the oil filter
Get a big zip lock bag and unthread it while in the bag and then zip it before you remove the filter from the buildge, NO MESS>>

sdba069
10-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey Ron.. We just pull the oil plug, let it drain in the bottom of the boat till we get down to the car wash, then vacuum it out. You can turn the filter off and just let it drop in the bottom of the boat and suck that out to. What a deal. That's the way it's done in Oklahoma. I feel sorry for the guy who owns the car wash on 4th street in Chickasha, ok.

sdba069
10-13-2004, 08:42 PM
No, we don't do it that way, but when we had our shop up there years ago, I saw it done a lots.

"TOYMAN"
10-14-2004, 10:56 AM
No, we don't do it that way, but when we had our shop up there years ago, I saw it done a lots.
LOL Gary, I needed a good laugh because that made me remember when I left plug out and half of my street was caked in oil.
:cry:

Infomaniac
10-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey Ron.. We just pull the oil plug, let it drain in the bottom of the boat till we get down to the car wash, then vacuum it out. You can turn the filter off and just let it drop in the bottom of the boat and suck that out to. What a deal. That's the way it's done in Oklahoma. I feel sorry for the guy who owns the car wash on 4th street in Chickasha, ok.
LOL :D

TexasJet
11-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Greaser and oldbuck40, the DVD's will be in the mail Thursday. Finally.

jdf
11-05-2004, 03:42 AM
cookieman
thank you for getting all the boats together.. iwas one of them on the outside ..my buddie that had the problem with the motor before started found the real problem later a wet drisb. dried it out and it was a great day....now if slow snow will finish.our red boat we will have all of them out there next year.....bambam

rrrr
11-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Where's mine?
:D

Greaser
11-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Thanks. I got mine yesterday. Even turned off the Aggie vs OU game so I could watch it. :D Awsome video. Really liked the part where you soaked the bridge in Table Rock. :sqeyes:

TexasJet
11-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Greaser, I'm glad you enjoyed it. By next year I will have my own DVD burner, then it won't take me so long. :) The camcorder I shot that vidio with finally died. I bought a digital with a longer life battery. I'll be ready for next year.

Shark In The Pond
11-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Can you post the video here ?

TexasJet
11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Shark, I have no idea how to do that. I don't have a DVD copy, just the original 8 mm tape. It's about 1/2 hr. long. Maybe Omega knows how to do it. I'll ask him Monday.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
11-08-2004, 06:21 AM
I don't have the software to do it. Maybe one of the other computer guru's could pull it off. I would think 30 min of video would be very large and require someone to host it for you also.
Omega

oldbuck40
11-08-2004, 07:45 AM
hey texas jet i got mine this morning cant wait to see it thanks,,,how much do i owe you,,let me know!!!!

Badboat1
11-10-2004, 08:05 PM
rrr and Bill BiG Als Bday at the Cajun this Friday

Brazos River Rat
11-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey BadBoat>
I notice you live in Granbury.
I also live there, Where do you normally run and what type of boat.
I have the Sanger Flat / white with blue strip.