PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Frequencies

GottaJet
10-03-2004, 07:21 PM
I just got an old scanner from a buddy and I was wondering if any of you guys had some suggetions on some interesting frequencies to check out??
(San Fernando Valley/L.A. area) Thanks GJ

racecar.hotshoe
10-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Tell me what you want and I will give them to ya! also if you go to radio shack they will give you a copy of your local fre..........

Kachina26
10-03-2004, 07:26 PM
racecar, I lost all my high desert (Hesperia) frequencies. Can you get me the Sherrif and local fire? Don't forget the Tac channels, those are the best.

racecar.hotshoe
10-03-2004, 07:32 PM
racecar, I lost all my high desert (Hesperia) frequencies. Can you get me the Sherrif and local fire? Don't forget the Tac channels, those are the best.
Check your PM

Havasu Doug
10-03-2004, 07:39 PM
It's getting harder and harder to listen to stuff in highly populated urban areas. They are having to go high tech to optimize use of the frequencies. One way they do it is by using "trunked" systems that move conversations between frequencies just like moving from cell to cell with mobile phones. On top of that, some agencies are going all digital and you can't listen to them at all. There's still enough to listen to for entertainment purposes though.

racecar.hotshoe
10-03-2004, 07:45 PM
I just got an old scanner from a buddy and I was wondering if any of you guys had some suggetions on some interesting frequencies to check out??
(San Fernando Valley/L.A. area) Thanks GJ
police 460.1250,460.2250,465.3500,

GottaJet
10-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Tell me what you want and I will give them to ya! also if you go to radio shack they will give you a copy of your local fre.......... THANKS RChotshoe those were exactly what I was looking for..If you have any others please PM me. Police,Chippy's,Fire whatever.. Thanks again GJ

Dog
10-03-2004, 08:29 PM
radioreference.com (www.radioreference.com)

Jordy
10-03-2004, 08:36 PM
I always just liked scanning the cordless phone frequencies. Those were good for a laugh. :D

Sleek-Jet
10-03-2004, 08:52 PM
I always just liked scanning the cordless phone frequencies. Those were good for a laugh. :D
That's also a nice way to pay for boat parts. :supp: :chi: :eek:

Cheap Thrills
10-03-2004, 08:54 PM
849.000 mhz ~ 896.000 mhz :D
Also check this out :p Stupid Scanner Tricks (http://www.stupidscannertricks.com/cgi-bin/sst/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&view_records=1&ID=*)
always remember passing third party public service traffic is illegal . listen to your hearts content but be careful who you let in on what you discover, know or hear.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127radio.JPG
Have fun
C.T. :wink:

C-2
10-03-2004, 09:10 PM
849.000 mhz ~ 896.000 mhz :D
Also check this out :p Stupid Scanner Tricks (http://www.stupidscannertricks.com/cgi-bin/sst/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&view_records=1&ID=*)
always remember passing third party public service traffic is illegal . listen to your hearts content but be careful who you let in on what you discover, know or hear.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127radio.JPG
Have fun
A little bit of hardware there!
Scanning pretty much sucks these days? Correct or is it time to buy another? I have an AOR 1000 and an old school Optoelectronics frequency counter - and have wondered if it's worth the $$$ to buy a new one.
Gottajet
If it's an old Bearcat 800 model(?) they can be modified for cell frequencies, and you can't beat the sound quality on them. Mine was stolen, I miss that damn thing.
Stupid Scanner Trick:
Wifey sez: "Hunny, some guy just knocked at the door and said he has a summons."...hubby sez "F* that stupid process server, come pick me up at 7-11; he'll never serve me!" People were just blown away when that dumb-ass process server showed up at 7-11. :D :D :D

Cheap Thrills
10-03-2004, 09:46 PM
I had an AOR 1000 too awesome handneld and although a little dated it's still an excellent recieving unit. There's not too many out there that will cover 500khz ~1300.00 mhz continuous all mode AM WFM NFM and SSB !
I recently picked up a Icom IC-R10 at the pawn shop which does basicly the same things + as the AR-1000 I hardly ever turn it on because the Ham radios I use run circles arround it.
If I was as active in scanning as I once was I would opt for the Optoelectronics Explorer and or the Scout . Those are some awesome rigs.
nothing like a near field wide coverage sweep scanner :D
Any hoo I think that Radio Is a great hobby that anyone would enjoy, theres always something new to learn .
Go Ham radio , it's nice to be able to transmit too :D

C-2
10-03-2004, 09:55 PM
I had an AOR 1000 too awesome handneld and although a little dated it's still an excellent recieving unit. There's not too many out there that will cover 500khz ~1300.00 mhz continuous all mode AM WFM NFM and SSB !
I recently picked up a Icom IC-R10 at the pawn shop which does basicly the same things + as the AR-1000 I hardly ever turn it on because the Ham radios I use run circles arround it.
If I was as active in scanning as I once was I would opt for the Optoelectronics Explorer and or the Scout . Those are some awesome rigs.
nothing like a near field wide coverage sweep scanner :D
Any hoo I think that Radio Is a great hobby that anyone would enjoy, theres always something new to learn .
Go Ham radio , it's nice to be able to transmit too :D
Thanks for the insight C.T.
I was about to order a new AOR/Opto Scout package from Europe (or Canada), but got cold feet after 911.

Cheap Thrills
10-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Ahhh nothing like the smell of new electronics fresh out of the box . :D
A near field all mode wide range freq sweeper with reactive tuning to a scanning reciever with auto memory store ! :eek: makes me drool just thinking about it :p
That would be a Caddillac combo . Ide say Go For It !

Kachina26
10-04-2004, 05:39 AM
And that kiddies is why you don't do credit card crap on a cordless or a cell. I've almost had fits when the wife said "hold on, let me get my card"

C-2
10-04-2004, 07:47 AM
And that kiddies is why you don't do credit card crap on a cordless or a cell. I've almost had fits when the wife said "hold on, let me get my card"
Exactly. Good point.