PDA

View Full Version : More Lake Castaic crap (rules)...

Uplink
10-04-2004, 02:43 AM
I don't know if you guys heard of this one or not, but it was news to me.
So I pull up to the toll gate at Castaic today, and the guy in the booth hands me the rules sheet, and looks at the 2 man raft in the back of my truck and says: "you know the rules about towables right?", I said: You mean about staying withing the no-ski bouys?, he says "No, The rules say only 1 person at a time may be towed on inflatable rafts". I said: but this is built for 2 people, :confused: he said "it doesn't matter, only 1 person, no matter what kind it is". He told me it had to do with kids bumping their heads together and the lifeguard boats won't mind, but the SHERIFF BOAT WILL stop you and may either warn you or give you a ticket, and he just wanted to give me a heads-up.
So there you have it, before you waste a half hour inflating your water toys and getting your kids excited about riding them, don't bother if your going to Castaic :mad:
That place reminds me of Puddingstone, NO LAUGHING, NO TALKING, NO SMILING!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/194speedzone.jpg

MudPumper
10-04-2004, 11:57 AM
That rule has always been in effect. You can only tow one person behind a boat at a time. This is nothing new to Castaic.

wsuwrhr
10-04-2004, 12:32 PM
New rule....you must wear helmets before going outside.
When that doesn't work, we will be wearing helmets inside.
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Bummer deal anyway.
At least they let you launch.
Brian

eliminatedsprinter
10-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Bummer deal anyway.
At least they let you launch.
Brian
Why????
In the past, I've had some fun skiing there during the week. It's fun to go in the back and hang out. But for boating.. :notam: . It's like driving your car down the street with a cop behind you...

plaster dave
10-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Why????
In the past, I've had some fun skiing there during the week. It's fun to go in the back and hang out. But for boating.. :notam: . It's like driving your car down the street with a cop behind you...
I couldn't of said it better. :)

Liquid Courage
10-04-2004, 01:55 PM
That place has sucked ever since the HTM accident. :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
10-04-2004, 06:18 PM
That is a state law and has been around for awhile, they are just getting too tuff at that lake

mirvin
10-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Last time I was there, a couple weeks ago, I took a buddy and his two small sons. We went right up to the Lifeguard boat and asked them if we could tow two at a time and they said "no problem"!!!
I sure woulda been all bent up if I got pulled over and cited :eek: :2purples:
mirvin

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-07-2004, 03:59 PM
is Castaic worth it? I live in south Orange County and have been temped to go there for a day trip. It is a couple of hours (i think) but at least the kids could swim and i can run my boat. Are there speed limits?

plaster dave
10-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Rock-A-Bye-Baby
you dont want to drive a coulpe hours for that place. Yes 35 mph to the dot, no swim any further than 5 ft. from your boat. I live 25 mins. from there thats why I go but for maybe an hour or so more, go to the river. :D

77charger
10-07-2004, 06:35 PM
at least they allow you to tow inflatables there most lake sin so cal dont.Besides aint two guys on a towable considered GAY :confused: