PDA

View Full Version : spider

ratso
10-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Anyone here been bit by a brown recluse or any other type of spider? The girl I see was apparently bit by one, she has been using neosporin and was told today not to use that. The doctor gave her antibiotics but it looks bad. This happened about a week ago. Any suggestions. Will it leave a bad scar?

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Anyone here been bit by a brown recluse or any other type of spider? The girl I see was apparently bit by one, she has been using neosporin and was told today not to use that. The doctor gave her antibiotics but it looks bad. This happened about a week ago. Any suggestions. Will it leave a bad scar?
if it was a brown recluse.. the tissue will die then they will have to remove the skin and do a skin graph.. I think.

Kilrtoy
10-04-2004, 04:38 PM
YEP, my buddys dad got bite by one in the leg , almost lost his leg and was in the hospital for a week. Did lose some tissue and muscle in his leg ..
May want to keep in constant doctors care....

ratso
10-04-2004, 04:39 PM
if it was a brown recluse.. the tissue will die then they will have to remove the skin and do a skin graph.. I think.
:jawdrop:

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-04-2004, 04:40 PM
:jawdrop:
if it was a brown recluse usually within 48 hrs the tissue is dead.. so hopefully it wasn't since it was a week ago.. ;)

ratso
YEP, my buddys dad got bite by one in the leg , almost lost his leg and was in the hospital for a week. Did lose some tissue and muscle in his leg ..
May want to keep in constant doctors care....
:2purples:

Rexone
brown recluse = nothing to f around with. Get medical attention for sure. You can lose body parts with these bastards.

jbtrailerjim
10-04-2004, 04:42 PM
If it was really a brown recluse, those things are really bad. I've heard that they leave a nasty scar. Your skin around the bitten area starts to rot. They are a very nasty spider and I wouldn't want to get near one. I'd say if the antibiotics are not working, tell her to go back to the doctor asap.

ratso
10-04-2004, 04:43 PM
She thinks it was a week ago right before she went to Minneapolis. It has a real deep hole now and you can see way up in it... It's red around it too.

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-04-2004, 04:44 PM
I brought a thread up.. check it out. ;)

Rexone
10-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Do a search on google or yahoo. There's lot of info on this with pics of bites etc. Don't take it lightly. They're one of the most poisonous spiders to people known.

ratso
10-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Got it mrs vee...thanks
I'll pull that up Rexone...I appreciate it...

taxman
10-04-2004, 05:10 PM
It has a real deep hole now and you can see way up in it... It's red around it too.
HUMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOUNDS KINDA FUNNY

H20Advantage
10-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Posted this on the other thread reference the Brown Recluse Spider:
This was over at RRL a couple of weeks ago. Shows the initial bite through the skin graph.
Warning: Graphic
http://www.rochedalss.eq.edu.au/reclusebiteleg.htm

Infomaniac
10-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Electric shock will neurtalize the poison. After a week is probably too late.

JetBoatRich
10-04-2004, 06:03 PM
:yuk: :yuk:
My sister was bitten years ago by one :skull: it was nasty looking
Make sure your friends gets it taken care of :(

mike37
10-04-2004, 06:25 PM
probably not a brown recluse but some other type
the other type of recluse spiders have way less potent venom you need to get some quality help or she will end up with a bad scar
don't trust you local doc you need hi for prescription but he don't know shit about spider bites get info for one of the links posted for the right treatment