PDA

View Full Version : New Hot Boaters event....your thoughts

Kwicherbichen
10-05-2004, 03:21 AM
I've been on this board and others for a few years and have had the pleasure of seeing how groups of us have come together to meet and start events like OP6C, freeboard Challenged, Classic Boat Beach Bash, and others. I've had fun at some of them and have heard good things about the others that I haven't been able to attend.
These events are fun but there are a few small problems. I never seem to meet everyone for one reason or another. I have to limit my alcohol consumtion if I'm driving the boat and the drive to the river cuts down on my play time.
This got me thinking, what if we all rode in the same boat with a designated driver for the event? Confused? I'm talking about a 3 day hot boaters group cruise on a luxury cruise line out of Long Beach.
I've been on two so far and had a great time. The ship leaves Long Beach at 5:30 pm Friday and returns Monday at 8:00 am. Everything is included except your cocktails and a few other specialties. The food is excellent and is served 24 hours. There are a ton of activities you can participate in. Got kids? No problem they can go to. The ship has an awesome child activity center. The greatest part is, we can booze it up all day and night and we don't have to worry about the driving or getting the boat out of the water.
You might be thinking, sounds cool but what does it cost? Generally this cruise runs around $349-$399 per person and up. Since I am trying to get a group rate the cost should come down but I'm not sure how much at this point. I'm also not 100% on the date just yet. I'm thinking the begining of summer maybe June 2005. I will also put up a few pics of my last cruise when I get a chance.
I will also be trying to contact sponsors so that we can have some nice prizes for a raffle but the main purpose of this post is to build an interest and contact list. PM or email me with the following.
Screen name:
Email:
How many in your party:
Your info will be safe and will not be given to anyone else.

Jbb
10-05-2004, 03:36 AM
Great Idea Bri....
Does the cruise ship have a death row section...?.. :D

Kwicherbichen
10-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Great Idea Bri....
I thought so too. It could be pretty cool if a couple hunded members got together to party like rock stars on the high seas. The ship stops in Ensenada and I can personally tell ya that Papas & Beer goes off.
As for the Death Row section I assume that is in reference to "Long Beach"?

Havasu Hangin'
10-05-2004, 03:54 AM
I've done a few...and will probably do another next summer.
Great times (and not too expensive). As for the booze, I just setup the "Costco bar" in my room... :idea:

Kwicherbichen
10-05-2004, 04:07 AM
I've done a few...and will probably do another next summer.
Great times (and not too expensive). As for the booze, I just setup the "Costco bar" in my room... :idea:
Definately not expensive. I never thought about a BYOB situation. Next time I'm hittin Costco up :idea:
Does this mean your in?

Havasu Hangin'
10-05-2004, 04:16 AM
Definately not expensive. I never thought about a BYOB situation. Next time I'm hittin Costco up :idea:
Does this mean your in?
Yeah...they never used to care about bringing booze on board. Last year, they told us that we weren't supposed to. They never checked my luggage, so shame on them.
When I first get on there, I usually just buy a drink (with a big glass), and free refills all weekend!
Remind me to tell you the story about the guys next to us one year (soccer players from Fresno State). At the end of the cruise, they were trying to wake them up to give them a plaque for the "highest barbill on the trip"...over $3,000. Not sure if they do that anymore...
I can use some points for a free cruise...so I am going with or without you guys! If the timing is right, I'm in.
Who's gonna wipe it down?
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/das_boat.jpg

Kwicherbichen
10-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Heres a few of my pics from the last cruise
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise4.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise5.jpg

JetBoatRich
10-05-2004, 04:58 AM
This would be a fun event :cool: :cool: keep us posted :cool:

Garrddogg
10-05-2004, 05:22 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise4.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/104cruise5.jpg
We were on this boat a month ago.. :D

Kwicherbichen
10-05-2004, 05:28 AM
I went Aug 6th-9th

OGShocker
10-05-2004, 06:20 AM
All those swimmers and NO line for the bathroom? :skull: :yuk: :eek: :hammerhea

Parker Dreamin
10-05-2004, 08:13 AM
We went on the same trip last year..... you are correct in saying that Papas N Beer goes off..... funny how the place keeps growing and how they can move the walls......

mbrown2
10-05-2004, 08:31 AM
With enough notice, my wife and I would do it....sounds like it could be fun with enough people...

Aqua Boogie1
10-05-2004, 08:34 AM
If you get it going........count the aqua boogie1's in.

MudPumper
10-05-2004, 08:38 AM
This can only result in somebody getting pregnant. :smile: Great Idea Brian.

Up 4 River
10-05-2004, 08:42 AM
I agree that this would be a fun trip if we could get it organized and planned in advance. I'm going on this exact trip in February 2005 and would be up for another one with the ***boat crew later next year.
U4R

Phat Matt
10-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Are you bringing them? http://www.kwicherbichen.com/images/160x106/LA_group_160x106.jpg

superdave013
10-05-2004, 08:54 AM
so if we go does that mean I get to see you puke over the side of another boat?? :D Oh and pass out with your head in the middle of an inner tube :D :D I still have some good pics of that. lol

Rev. Williams
10-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Count Me and the Girlie in.....
If you can plan this on the same ship they do the BOOB Cruise then we'd really have something !!! :D :D

Hustler
10-05-2004, 09:02 AM
so if we go does that mean I get to see you puke over the side of another boat?? :D Oh and pass out with your head in the middle of an inner tube :D :D I still have some good pics of that. lol
Too funny Dave, I'll make sure the Fufu is there just for that :D
Keep us posted Brian, this would be blast

Johnwithjm
10-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Sounds like a great idea. If the dates are right for me I would love to go.

MsDrmr
10-05-2004, 09:14 AM
that would be cool, I took my first cruise in May to mexico, got sicker n a dog, :yuk: I would be up for trying again with some different meds ;)

BajaMike
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Sounds like fun! I'm, with 2 to 6 others.
:D

OutCole'd
10-05-2004, 10:09 AM
If the dates work, were in on this. Sounds like a great time.
Can you imagine all the HB peeps running around with digital cameras looking for the scoop?? MRS.V would have here own poparrazzi(sp)

PlyaPlya22
10-05-2004, 10:29 AM
PlyaPlya22<=======might have to make this trip :cool:

Mr.Havasu
10-05-2004, 10:39 AM
I've been thinking about trying to organise the same thing for a few months now. I've never been on a cruise and thought it would be fun to go with a large group of friends.
If you need any help organizing let me know. We should probably do a poll on the best dates to see who prefers when etc.
Also, I was thinking (that could be dangerous), with alot of these get together, you sometimes have alot of people say they are going who don't show up. If we can get a good group rate based on a certain number showing up, we need to make sure we can count on who signs up to show up. Maybe someone knows or is a travel agent who can collect the fees in advance. I have a merchant service account and could collect the fees in advance through credit cards if we need to but would rather have it go through a travel agent.
Anyway, I think it's a great Idea and John & I are in for sure and possibly our grown kids and there "mates" as well.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-05-2004, 12:04 PM
We're interested. June will be the Sportin' Woods' 15th anniversary.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-05-2004, 01:13 PM
sounds like a plan I'm in

Mandelon
10-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Sounds good. Does it stop in SD?

Phat Matt
10-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Sure, I'll tell them to pull over. Just wait for us at the docks with your bouys. :eek:

OGShocker
10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
I've been thinking about trying to organise the same thing for a few months now.
I knew this sounded like a GREAT idea.....
OG <suckin' up> Shocker

RiverDave
10-05-2004, 01:25 PM
I'd definatley be in for it Brian!! :) Just give me a little notice!
RD

Hustler
10-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Sure, I'll tell them to pull over. Just wait for us at the docks with your bouys. :eek:
LOL, those better be some big ass bouys :jawdrop:

RiverDave
10-05-2004, 01:27 PM
I've been thinking about trying to organise the same thing for a few months now. I've never been on a cruise and thought it would be fun to go with a large group of friends.
If you need any help organizing let me know. We should probably do a poll on the best dates to see who prefers when etc.
Also, I was thinking (that could be dangerous), with alot of these get together, you sometimes have alot of people say they are going who don't show up. If we can get a good group rate based on a certain number showing up, we need to make sure we can count on who signs up to show up. Maybe someone knows or is a travel agent who can collect the fees in advance. I have a merchant service account and could collect the fees in advance through credit cards if we need to but would rather have it go through a travel agent.
Anyway, I think it's a great Idea and John & I are in for sure and possibly our grown kids and there "mates" as well.
Gina coming? :D
RD

Phat Matt
10-05-2004, 01:29 PM
LOL, those better be some big ass bouys :jawdrop:
Hustler, are you going to Mohave this weekend?

Scream
10-05-2004, 01:36 PM
This sounds like another Signature ***boat forum event alright. We're in, I hope, just have to squeeze it into the calendar is all..
Scream
I remember the last time I did a cruise like that, I was so drunk...Well, that's a story for another day...

Mr.Havasu
10-05-2004, 03:19 PM
So where is the sign up sheet? or should we start another thread for that in like... the test forum or somewhere where it won't get burried on a back page? I'll start
Screen Name ................... Real Name ...................... # in Party
1. Warlock25 ............. John & Michele Bravata .................. 2
who else is in?

Mr.Havasu
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Gina coming? :D
RD
we will have to wait until she is done on the show but I bet it won't be hard to talk both girls into it :mix:

RiverDave
10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
we will have to wait until she is done on the show but I bet it won't be hard to talk both girls into it :mix:
Nice... :D Can't wait to see her.. ;)
RD <--- been on a roll lately don't ya know

RiverDave
10-05-2004, 03:30 PM
So where is the sign up sheet? or should we start another thread for that in like... the test forum or somewhere where it won't get burried on a back page? I'll start
Screen Name ................... Real Name ...................... # in Party
1. Warlock25 ............. John & Michele Bravata .................. 2
who else is in?
I'm not sure how you listed that deal becuase when I quoted it nothing lined up?
but RiverDave aka Dave Johnson 2 people.

Kwicherbichen
10-05-2004, 11:40 PM
OK, it sounds like there are some folks that are interested so I will put the wheels in motion to get this started.
Let me answer a few questions and provide some more info.
There is one that stops in SD but it's the 4 day cruise and that one is during the week which would make folks have to take off more work days.
I've been thinking about trying to organise the same thing for a few months now. I've never been on a cruise and thought it would be fun to go with a large group of friends. If you need any help organizing let me know. We should probably do a poll on the best dates to see who prefers when etc.
I probably will need some assistance but I'm just not sure exactly what I'll need at this point. I was thinking about a possible on board raffle with prizes provided by sponsors. Contacting the sponsors is something I will definately need help with. There will be flyers and info mailers. You get point. This post was just to gauge interest and the next one will have sign up info. I have the sign up and collection covered already with a travel agent that specializes in cruises. Essentially folks will make a secure deposit or pay all fees via a website or by phone.
We can start a poll and maybe one of the moderators will pin it for us so it doesn't get buried. I'm thinking we should do it during the summer we just need to determine which month so I can find out how much of a group discount we get.
If you can plan this on the same ship they do the BOOB Cruise then we'd really have something !!!
Do you have details abot that ship?
so if we go does that mean I get to see you puke over the side of another boat??
I've been working with my therapist trying to forget that day. I was almost there until you brought it up again :yuk: It's only happen once and I don't expect it to happen again but ya never know :messedup: <----Me at OP6 Havasu
Are you bringing them?http://www.kwicherbichen.com/images/160x106/LA_group_160x106.jpg
I am working on that possiblity ;)
As far as having enough notice goes, you should have plenty because this won't happen until next summer and I'm getting it started now. We could do it earlier but I think it's nicer when it's warm. So the possible months I will be looking at are June, July, or Aug 2005. September is a possiblity but some folks that have children will be ramping up for them to return to school.
A lot of people PM'd me to sign up and a few asked about kids on the boat. I say it's up to you but it's no problem either way. The ship I was on had an excellent child care system for all ages. I brought my 17 year old and 7 year old and they both had an awesome time. I probably won't bring them for this one, only because I want to get a little loose.
If you have more questions just post them here of PM me and I'll be happy to answer them.
I'm putting the wheels in motion and I will post more details as I get them. In the mean time keep adding your name here if you are interested and I will add it to the master list I'm keeping.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-05-2004, 11:54 PM
I'd hit it :eek:
Keep me posted as well!

KACHINA KEN
10-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Great Idea Bri....
That would be on deck 6 right?

Daytona100
10-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Count the wife and I in sounds like a blast. Always wanted to go on a cruise. All the fun without the responsibility. I dont drink and boat but Ill make an exception on that tugboat.

Kwicherbichen
10-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Excellent! I'll start a thread soon to determine a particular month Jun, Jul, Aug 2005

DryHeatOnly
10-06-2004, 10:59 PM
This sounds real good. We'd definetely be interested in going to this. I'll keep a lookout for the details.
Kwich - Get it posted as a sticky in Hot Spots West ;)

Kwicherbichen
10-07-2004, 11:14 PM
The initial response is pretty good for something that is at least 6 months away. 40 people have signed up and there are at least 2 in every party. :D

Doug H.
10-08-2004, 05:14 AM
This would be our first cruise too, we're also interested !!!!....

Lightning
10-08-2004, 10:19 AM
I think this would be awesome, count me in.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-08-2004, 02:52 PM
The initial response is pretty good for something that is at least 6 months away. 40 people have signed up and there are at least 2 in every party. :D
Sounds like a good party! With so much advance notice, maybe we can get some shirts made. Hot Boat Forums booze cruise 2005 or something.

Mrs. casean
10-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Would love to go on a cruise w/ you all... but I doubt we could afford it since I'll just be getting out of college in May :(... sounds like it will be a great vacation for you all!

IN2-IN2MX
10-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Sounds fun. Keep us posted.

Debbolas
10-08-2004, 07:04 PM
I want to go!!
(can I drive the boat?)
LOL :D

Kwicherbichen
10-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Would love to go on a cruise w/ you all... but I doubt we could afford it since I'll just be getting out of college in May :(... sounds like it will be a great vacation for you all!
Ah, hate to hear that. I know that college can drain the funds. Maybe you could save about $60 a month and you'd be set by then? If not we understand. We'll just have to do another in 2006. I'd like to make it an annual thing.
Sounds like a good party! With so much advance notice, maybe we can get some shirts made. Hot Boat Forums booze cruise 2005 or something.
T-shirts are a definate must. I've been tossin around some possible names.
Kwicherbichen's Big Ass Boat Cruise
Kwicherbichen's Booze Cruise
Hot Boaters Big Ass Boat Cruise
Hot Boaters Booze Cruise
Feel free to submit other names though. I have to admit I like seeing my name in lights :D
I say "Hot Boaters" because it's actually open to everyone at all the forums. I've posted it here, RRL, RRX, HD's, and LVHB's so far.
Can I drive the boat
We'll have to talk with the Captain
http://timstvshowcase.com/loveboat8.jpg

RP1
10-09-2004, 06:35 AM
I want to go!!
(can I drive the boat?)
Yes, fast, really fast... all day :D

RP1
10-09-2004, 06:36 AM
count me in with 4

wsuwrhr
10-09-2004, 06:49 AM
I'm thinkin' Christie and I would go. We have talked about a cruise a few times. I have a few peeps in mind that would show up also.
Brian

SoCalOffshore
10-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Sounds like fun, but when?

WetWillie
10-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Me and the wife would be interested.
Can we get on in San Diego?? :D
W

Longtime Lurker
10-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi all, my husband and I are online all the time,but have always been a little nervous to post. I read the thread and had to step up. I am a Travel Agent for AAA in Whittier and would like to offer my services with your group. AAA doesn't charge any fees and you don't have to be a member to use the Travel Agency. There are some great benefits to organizing a group, I don't know if you have any experience in it, but if you are interested or even if you have already started with another travel agent and just have questions or need help let me know. I also work on the DMV side and a couple of other departments so feel free to pick my brain whenever!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-09-2004, 10:03 AM
I want to go!!
(can I drive the boat?)
No. You can back the trailer. :D

AZKC
10-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Hi all, my husband and I are online all the time,but have always been a little nervous to post. I read the thread and had to step up. I am a Travel Agent for AAA in Whittier and would like to offer my services with your group. AAA doesn't charge any fees and you don't have to be a member to use the Travel Agency. There are some great benefits to organizing a group, I don't know if you have any experience in it, but if you are interested or even if you have already started with another travel agent and just have questions or need help let me know. I also work on the DMV side and a couple of other departments so feel free to pick my brain whenever!
Welcome and Thank You :D

Kwicherbichen
10-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey Longtime, I really appreciate your offer of assistance. I am already working with someone that specializes in these type of group cruises but perhaps you can PM or email me and we could bounce around some ideas that I may have not yet thought of? I live in La Mirada so it should be easy for us to be in touch if neccessary.
Me and the wife would be interested.
Can we get on in San Diego?
Sorry bud, this one doesn't stop in SD. They do have a 4 day cruise that stops there but I don't think they let more passengers on.
Sounds like fun, but when?
I will be posting a poll to determine the best time. I was shooting for June just as things get underway for the summer.
The interest list is getting really solid and ths is definately going to be one rollin party :rollside:

billet racing
10-11-2004, 07:02 AM
We'd make the trip. Count us in for two. when can I send Money? that would get this going.
Will they paint flames on the ship in our honor?

Charley
10-11-2004, 07:15 AM
we'd go... with enough notice... I think its a great idea!

2sand2
10-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Great idea!
We would love to do a trip like this. Add two to the list.
As for the name,... The Annual Ultimate OP6C Mega Booze Cruise

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-11-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm in for two......
:cool:

FastTimmy
10-11-2004, 11:48 AM
I'm there, that sounds killer.. It will cost the same as a havasu trip and I don't need to clean the boat!!!!!
Timmy

Kwicherbichen
10-11-2004, 11:17 PM
We'd make the trip. Count us in for two. when can I send Money? that would get this going.
Will they paint flames on the ship in our honor?
Excellent question. I'm getting that part set up. Since this posting was just to see how many folks would be interested there are some things still in the process. I'm awaiting the official cruise schedule for 2005. At that point I will start a poll to determine which month to choose. After I have a date locked I will provide info about how and where to pay.

Totally IncapASSitated
10-19-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm definitely interested also!!
A bunch of my friends and I usually go on this cruise every year and have a kick ass time. We just went back in July and there was about 40 of us.
Count me in!!!

Three Days Only
10-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Count me in, I cant mess a trip to hang out with my favorite friend Charley