PDA

View Full Version : Nos ?

Taylorman
10-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Question about installing a small (100-150) hp nos kit. I want to use one fuel pump and one pressure regulator for the engine and nos. I was thinking about running fuel from the fuel pump, to a dual outlet fuel pressure regulator, then to carb and fuel solenoid. Assuming the fuel pump can supply enough fuel to both systems, can this be done. Also, what fuel pressure must be maintained for the nos. Im thinking 6-7 psi to the carb and nos should be ok. The engine will be about 500-550 hp then another 100-150 worth of nos.

IDK
10-05-2004, 05:30 PM
If you are going to run one pump it had better be a big one I dont think a hi volume mech pump is going to be safe.You are going to have to run two regulators whatever you do, the pressure on the fuel for the nitrous system is very critical and depending on what system you use the pressure will very some systems use a wider spread on the jets than others and some systems recomend higher bottle pressure than others. if you get the fuel set right you will be able to spray a lot of bottles without hurting it . I hope I helped Roger

Taylorman
10-06-2004, 06:34 AM
I do plan on using a good electric pump. Why not use the same pressure regulator? Nos sells a regulator for use with nitrous and they say its the same regulator that comes with their Holley blue pump. As long as the pump can supply enough fuel volume and pressure to keep fuel pressure at 6-7 for the carb and nos, why wouldn't it be ok to use the same regulator?

PLACECRAFT20
10-06-2004, 07:43 AM
Hey Taylorman,
I am running a edelbrock 175hp shot on mine. I am sure some will say you need to pumps but here is how mine is set up. I run a Holley marine 130gph mechanical fuel pump. I drilled and tapped the AN fitting comming out of the fuel pump and connected my NOS fuel line there. I then ran 8AN to the 850dp carb. The carb has one of the pre-made Russel dual feed setups that cuts down to 6an. The carb has about 7 1/2 lbs of pressure at idle and 8lb at full throttle. This set up works great. I am assuming the NOS has the same pressure.
I originally set mine up like you are talking about but, when I hit the NOS there was a big pressure drop out of the regulator. I adjusted the regulator to its max with no success. The regulator was a $100 Barry Grant. I am not sure why the regulator dropped so much. I sure wish I had tryed the above setup first because I would have saved a ton of money in AN fittings and that damn regulator. The regulator is for sale by the way.

Taylorman
10-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Got any pictures? Your not to far from me. May have to meet up one day.

PLACECRAFT20
10-07-2004, 05:55 AM
I will see if I can get a few shots today and post them. I had noticed you were not to far away. We usally go to Brokenbow Ok. to run the boat but, we do spend a little time locally. Brokenbow is about 2hrs north of me. My wife has been pregnant this summer so my boat did not see to much action. I sure will be ready for next summer.