PDA

View Full Version : Puddingstone lake ?

bchbum
10-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Does anyone boat there ? What's the rules , speed , drinks ,etc...Any overnite slips ? We're camping there with our church over Thanksgiving If it's any good I'll drag the boat there .

ChumpChange
10-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Does anyone boat there ? Only once, when I was testing a boat to buy What's the rules , speedNo Wake before 10:00am and only 35mph after , drinks ,etc...Any overnite slips ?Nope We're camping there with our church over Thanksgiving If it's any good I'll drag the boat there .
It is a very small lake that you can go in a circle on. Probably 1/4 mile long. It's not too fun. Enjoy!

Second "PLACE"
10-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Does anyone boat there ? Only once, when I was testing a boat to buy What's the rules , speedNo Wake before 10:00am and only 35mph after , drinks ,etc...Any overnite slips ?Nope We're camping there with our church over Thanksgiving If it's any good I'll drag the boat there .
It is a very small lake that you can go in a circle on. Probably 1/4 mile long. It's not too fun. Enjoy!
The LE are worse than NAZI's.....not worth the trouble for THAT lake.

ChumpChange
10-05-2004, 04:37 PM
The LE are worse than NAZI's.....not worth the trouble for THAT lake.
I got in trouble for driving at the ducks!

Second "PLACE"
10-05-2004, 04:44 PM
I got in trouble for driving at the ducks!
I belive it. Bastards.

Bob Hostetter
10-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Several years ago we went to Puddington to test a flatbottom I was looking at buying. After clearing the bouys I gave the go pedal a small tap just to get it up on plane and was immeadaitely pulled over and thrown off the lake. Don't think I broke 30mph..................

bchbum
10-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Well I guess the boat will stay at home this trip, Don't like talking to L.E. to much .Thanks for the headsup

RiverForUs
10-05-2004, 11:12 PM
back in the day they used to use an even/odd system. Boats on even numbered days and pwc on odd days. Or was it the other way around? Been a long time.

Garrddogg
10-06-2004, 06:58 AM
back in the day they used to use an even/odd system. Boats on even numbered days and pwc on odd days. Or was it the other way around? Been a long time.
Yeah what River said!
If youre only pullin from lakewood Id take it just if only to have sumpthin to float in..

ChumpChange
10-06-2004, 07:49 AM
That's the way it is for the summer months. That's over now.

Uplink
10-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Does anyone boat there ? What's the rules , speed , drinks ,etc...Any overnite slips ? We're camping there with our church over Thanksgiving If it's any good I'll drag the boat there .
Puddingston Rules:
1) NO laughing
2) NO talking
3) NO smiling
:D Mark

Tom Slick
10-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I live about an 1/8 mile from there, it it is pretty worthless unless you want to do a little late afternoon wakeboarding after work. 35mph limit, 1/2 mile circle, no drinking, etc. Like I said, it is pretty cool if you live as close as I do and want to wakeboard for an hour before dark.

Mrs Luvnlife
10-06-2004, 03:17 PM
The only thing Puddingstone is good for is the drag boat races, IMO. :D

76BARRON
10-06-2004, 06:55 PM
I go there if I need a quickie! It help's if you know how to "PLAY" the "GAME"!!!
so here are some tip's.......
1. ALWAYS know were patrol boats are!
2.Do speed runs going towards or away from patrol boats never crossways.
(they cant see the speed that way!)
3.Always give room to skiers and when skier is in the water "RAISE YOUR HAND" as you go by(nobody does this any more!)the PATROL guys love that!!!
If you can play like this ?Then YOU like ME can click off a 70+mph blast when
conditions are right/met :D :D :D I do it many times each day! I should be thrown of that lake every trip but not yet!
The life guard's there have always been polite to me and I to them!!
The life guards out there are looking for the jerk's so just make sure you dont
stand out and you'll do fine!
Yes it's not much of a lake but it's close and cheap!
even -odd system is BOAT's even days & P.W.C.'s odd days from april 1 to sep 30.
both Boats and P.W.C's from OCT till MARCH.
TAKE YOUR BOAT! the worse that could happen is you don't use it!
and besides you could turn out to be HERO with your group!!and /or the KID'S
Post a reminder a week or two before and maybe ill drag my boat out too! :D GO FOR IT!

LUVNLIFE
10-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Chick knows what she's talking about. :wink:

TRG
10-06-2004, 07:46 PM
really only good for "TnT" (test n tune)
on the contrary to what others have said,...i run there frequently and usually have NO problems with the POLICE but they sure make their presents evident!i think they have three bright ass yellow boats that are moored by the launch and are constantly getting on the rule breakers!
just my opinion though, oh yea!...i have over transom headers and have never been told to leave! they usually just come by and see if everything is OK!
Todd

Moneypitt
10-06-2004, 07:50 PM
We ran circles there back in the early 90s, not a bad race venue except for the stupid re fueling rules. We had to leave our fuel way over in a dirt canyon and take the boats up and down a curb to add fuel between heats, or during a race if it was red flagged for any reason. Another heads up is WATCH YOUR STUFF CLOSELY..........................MP

Tom Slick
10-06-2004, 08:31 PM
True that, I wish they would bring the races back!

TRG
10-06-2004, 09:19 PM
i was told a while back the reason for the stop of racing on puddlestone was because of the lack of attendance?
is that right?...because when i went out there last summer the law said that someone was trying to get the racing back....
is ther any validity to what the puddlestone law provided?

MudPumper
10-06-2004, 10:21 PM
I wish IHBA would come back to Puddingstone. Those were the days.

Mrs Luvnlife
10-07-2004, 06:46 AM
I wish IHBA would come back to Puddingstone. Those were the days.
I do too!! :( Castaic would be even better, but I'd settle for Puddingstone! :D

Moneypitt
10-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Castiac sucks......The cooler NAZIs ruined a good thing. Alcohol is banned unless you pay their price at the beer stand, then its okay? Money grabbing promoters, bullshit rules for spectators, moronic security personel, should I go on? How about some good old fashioned, bring your picnic, the kids, WITH your icechest, and make a day of it on a budget, drag racing!!!!!! Not something that cost an average family the same as a trip to Disneyland..............MP

Mrs Luvnlife
10-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Yea.....I was kinda saying Castaic only because it's REALLY convenient :D seeings how that's where I live and it's walking distance from my house. I never had a problem with any of the IHBA events at Castaic, always did my fair share of boozing it up and never had a problem!!! I'm fine with the IHBA events at Firebird anyhow.

kingsransomracing
02-09-2006, 08:14 AM
We used to run the IHBA circuit back in the 90's, but because of the lean towards capsules in the fast bracket class we decided to get out of it. Glad we did, since then no more puddingstone and castaic, in fact I think the IHBA circuit now includes Texas its just a lot of money to run. I remember back when we were racing it was: Puddingstone, Castaic, Red Bluff, Chowchilla, Lake Ming, Pheonix. Back in the 90's the super eliminator catagory was 20-30+ boats, last time I went to pheonix to watch, it was really sad. The amount of boats there was pathetic. And now the pro eliminator (previously super eliminator) is an all run field, when we were racing, there was 30+ boats at the world finals all trying to qualify in the top 16 in order to race on sunday.
Puddingstone is an extremely dirty lake, I talked to a diver one time for the IHBA, and he said that when they were setting up buoys you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. I remember when the late Denver Mullin was killed there at puddingstone, and it was a starting line crash at not a tremendous amount of speed. I heard rumors that they had a hard time finding the capsule in that water.