Singapore
Slovakia
South Korea
675 (3,000 on way)
Thailand
Tonga

KACHINA KEN
10-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Oh BTW, The South Koreans are BAD ASS MOTHER ****ERS!

steelcomp
10-05-2004, 10:18 PM
I trained with some ROK soldiers. They're too serious... :confused: No sense of humor! :D

KACHINA KEN
10-05-2004, 10:20 PM
I trained with some ROK soldiers. They're too serious... :confused: No sense of humor! :D I dont think it's the soldiers, it's a cultural thing maybe??? just dry, like toast....

KACHINA KEN
10-05-2004, 10:22 PM
But seriously, God bless all these folks y'know, every one one of em.....

Jordy
10-05-2004, 10:22 PM
I still say the Israelis are the baddest bastards in the sand... Been doing it for 1000's of years and never seem to miss their target. ;)
*edited for the bad mofo content.
my bad

KACHINA KEN
10-05-2004, 10:23 PM
I still say the Iranians are the baddest bastards in the sand... Been doing it for 1000's of years and never seem to miss their target. ;)
I can't seem to find them on the list Jordy :p

Jordy
10-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Sorry, my bad. F Iran, but the Israeli's are the ultimate sand dwelling peeps. Who was the terrorist cell that they sniped the leader, the new guy stod up and said he was in charge and he was room temp a day later? you don't hear much from those guys anymore. These guys have played in the sand for a long time and are hard to beat. :cool:

KACHINA KEN
10-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Sorry, my bad. F Iran, but the Israeli's are the ultimate sand dwelling peeps. Who was the terrorist cell that they sniped the leader, the new guy stod up and said he was in charge and he was room temp a day later? you don't hear much from those guys anymore. These guys have played in the sand for a long time and are hard to beat. :cool:
Both the men and women in their army are bad ass , yes.

Essex502
10-06-2004, 07:02 AM
You won't either...they tend to take our gifts of money and protection but when we want something back from them they tend to ignore the request. I personally think we should cut off all aid to Israel completely and let them defend themselves. I also believe much off the discord in the Middle East is directly related to the State of Israel existence. Not that I am advocating ridding the world of Israel.

Steve 1
10-06-2004, 07:56 AM
You won't either...they tend to take our gifts of money and protection but when we want something back from them they tend to ignore the request. I personally think we should cut off all aid to Israel completely and let them defend themselves. I also believe much off the discord in the Middle East is directly related to the State of Israel existence. Not that I am advocating ridding the world of Israel.
No when the Rat Carter crapped on the Shah and personally set forth the “Iranian Revolution” Which caused the de-stabilization of the entire Middle-East creating the Major Terrorist state Iran which lead to the Iran-Iraq war/Russians in Afghanistan/Taliban traceable right up to the WTC Now they have a nuclear program and a Missile delivery system.
That same Smiley faced Whacko with Bent Bill and Albright created the N Korea situation giving then Reactors,Money,Food,Oil..
Behind every evil on Earth there is a Rat DemocRat

BUSTI
10-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Essex your comment about discord is telling about how you feel towards Israel. You see right thinking people believe the opposite of you! All the discord in the middle east is because of all the arab Islamic countries governed by either facist dictators or fanatical muhllas. Not because of the only free democratic society in the middle east...........ISRAEL!
OH AND BY THE WAY I DO ADVOCATE THE "RIDDING" OF THE WORLD OF THESE SCUMBAG TYRANTS THAT ARE THE ENEMIES OF THE CIVILIZED WORLD! :hammerhea

KACHINA KEN
10-06-2004, 02:38 PM
If you think about it they probably weren't even invited, it would fuel too many other fires and would complicate things way worse. Think of what the Isrealis would do if they were shown footage of one of their soldiers getting beheadesd? No way we would be able to hold em back, it would be a whole seperate war within a war for sure.

OGShocker
10-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Hey Froggy': Do you have any ROC Marine stories? Well, ones you can tell? :2purples:

Essex502
10-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Essex your comment about discord is telling about how you feel towards Israel. You see right thinking people believe the opposite of you! All the discord in the middle east is because of all the arab Islamic countries governed by either facist dictators or fanatical muhllas. Not because of the only free democratic society in the middle east...........ISRAEL!
OH AND BY THE WAY I DO ADVOCATE THE "RIDDING" OF THE WORLD OF THESE SCUMBAG TYRANTS THAT ARE THE ENEMIES OF THE CIVILIZED WORLD! :hammerhea
No I support the right of people to be free from attack. What I don't support is the United Nations seizing land and giving it to another people for a homeland because the world felt guilty over the Holocaust. Read the history of how Israel was created. What I do advocate is when we give money and support to our so-called "friends" we should get something back in return other than them spying on us, ignoring our efforts to broker a peace treaty, turning up the rhetoric thus inflaming the entire Arab world, etc., etc., etc.
We give Israel billions each and every year but we get little to nothing in return.

HighRoller
10-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Which countries are providing military support
United States
Britain
Albania
Australia
Azerbaijan
Bulgaria
Czech Rep.
Denmark
Dominican Rep.
El Salvador
Estonia
Georgia
Hungary
Italy
Japan
Kazakhstan
Latvia
Lithuania
Macedonia
Moldova
Mongolia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Singapore
Slovakia
South Korea
675 (3,000 on way)
Thailand
Tonga
How can this be? I heard John Kerry say in his TV commercial that GW Bush is spending 200 billion on IRAQ because "he chose to go it alone". Surely Mr. Kerry wouldn't try to deceive the American people.....

OGShocker
10-06-2004, 03:11 PM
How can this be? I heard John Kerry say in his TV commercial that GW Bush is spending 200 billion on IRAQ because "he chose to go it alone". Surely Mr. Kerry wouldn't try to deceive the American people.....
You calling Ken a liar???? :D

Dave C
10-06-2004, 03:13 PM
uh oh... careful what you start....
you know a lot of christians and jews will "insist" (rightfully so) that the land that you called "seized" belonged to the jews.
Look back a little farther and you will see their argument.
But I don't think we want to start that argument. :rollside:
No I support the right of people to be free from attack. What I don't support is the United Nations seizing land and giving it to another people for a homeland because the world felt guilty over the Holocaust. Read the history of how Israel was created. What I do advocate is when we give money and support to our so-called "friends" we should get something back in return other than them spying on us, ignoring our efforts to broker a peace treaty, turning up the rhetoric thus inflaming the entire Arab world, etc., etc., etc.
We give Israel billions each and every year but we get little to nothing in return.

Essex502
10-06-2004, 03:13 PM
I heard him say the same thing but what I think he meant is that with those "friends" we still are virtually alone - Britain excepted. :D

Essex502
10-06-2004, 03:15 PM
uh oh... careful what you start....
you know a lot of christians and jews will "insist" (rightfully so) that the land that you called "seized" belonged to the jews.
Look back a little farther and you will see their argument.
But I don't think we want to start that argument. :rollside:
Dave...
That land in holy to all three religions back thousands of years. The Christians, Jews and Arabs all lay claim to it in some way. What Seems to be so upsetting is the creation of a nation in the midst of the predominantly non-Jewish peoples and the dispossing of the lands.

Dave C
10-06-2004, 03:39 PM
so when Kerry acknowledged today that France and Germany won't go to Iraq with him... therefore Kerry is virtually alone too.

Dave C
10-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Like I said WE probably don't want to start this argument BUT I think the crux of the argument is who dislocated whom first.......
some might argue its the other way around.... (and I would agree with them)
Dave...
That land in holy to all three religions back thousands of years. The Christians, Jews and Arabs all lay claim to it in some way. What Seems to be so upsetting is the creation of a nation in the midst of the predominantly non-Jewish peoples and the dispossing of the lands.

HighRoller
10-06-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm still confused about Kerry's assertion that "Bush decided to go it alone". Did we not ask Germany, France and Russia to join us in Iraq? Did they not turn us down? Just because other countries are too cowardly or corrupt to stand beside us doesn't mean WE decided to leave them out. And the fact that we have undertaken this war didn't "turn our friends against us"....it revealed the fact that they weren't our friends in the first place.

Dave C
10-06-2004, 05:25 PM
and we kissed the entire U.N.'s ass for 10 months before going, etc. etc......
now France and Russia and the U.N. are caught up with the Oil for Food scandal with Iraq
PLUS France and Russia have a great deal of loans made to the Butcher in Iraq for weapons they sold him that probably won't be paid back.
so I say France and Russia have a vested interest in staying out of the conflict.
hmmmm great choice of partners John Kerry... doing business with France whom sold weapons to our enemy.

BUSTI
10-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Essex,
You couldn't be more wrong about the creation of Israel! You have either spent to much time reading leftist/liberal history revisionists or to much time listening to college/university professors!
Lets review just some of the facts! Palestine has never existed as country in moderen times. The territory now known as the Palestinian territories although home to the yes ethnic Palestinians was also home to 100,000's of Jews and Christians for over 1900 years and 5400 for the Jews alone. The Muslim Palestinians were never even identified as a national group until Arafat created his Palistinian Liberation Organization in 1966. The territoritory now known as Israel and the Palestinian territory has been governed by foriegn armies for over 150 years including the Turkish Empire, the British, the Jordanians, the Egyptians, and the Syrians.
Not with standing the Turks and the Brits foreign Arab armies occupied these lamds for the most of the last 200 years. Guess who occupied and governed this land up until the UN granted the Jews their application for their own country? Not the Palestinians they didn't exist as a country and or a national group. It was Egyprt on the south for decades occuping and ruling the Gaza Strip. It was Jordan occuping and ruling with there army and tanks the central part of the now so called Palestinian territoryincluding Jerueslim, and the country of Syria with its brutal dictator Asad occuping and ruling the Golan Heights and all of the northern land to the Sea across the Lebanonese border.
All three nations ruled these lands as facist dictators! The so called Palestinians were denied property rights, sovreignty, and all civial liberties including the right to self determination! They couldn't vote...and if they could who would they vote for they were just an unincorporated bunch of bedouins according to there fellow Arab/Muslim occupiers not worthy of their own country. The rest of the Arab world treated them as second class people. And after all why not they weren't a country. the Arabs considered them something akin to what the American Indian was in America. A "PEOPLE" BUT NOT A PEOPLE WITH A COUNTRY.
Now fast forward to the UN creating Israel. Thank God they did create Israel for the Palestinians lucky enough to be incorporated into the newly created country. Yeah your right some people did lose their property by way of the new countries creation. But for the first tine in these bedouin /Palestinians history they had the right to civil liberties, equal justice under the law, self determination and for the vast majority of them some thing new never extended to them before.............P R P O PE R T Y R I G H T S!
The creation of a modern nation is a violent and sometimes very bloody catyclizmic event. There hasn't been a nation created in the last 1,000 years that wasn't created by the point of a gun, the firing of a cannon or the throwing of a spear nor shooting of an arrow....................Israel and our country included!
That is because people that want to be free from those that enslave them must usually die and do alot aof killing to throw off the shackles of tyranny. So when you say that the Palestinians were screwed you are so wrong! I will tell how wrong you are. Did you know that over 20% of all the people residing in Israel our Arabs of Palestinian heritage? And did you know that travel for citizens of Israel including Palestinians is free just like it is for Americans.. They are free to come and go as they please.
Those Palestinians living as Israelli citizens could immigrate to any Arab country of their choice. They are free to live anywhere. Did you know how many Arab Isaelli citizens applied for permanent immigration status to another Arab country in 2003? U H W E L L DO Y A!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT PHUCKING ONE!!!!!!!!!
Thats how bad their lives are under Israelli rule.....so bad nobody wants to leave. Oh sure they come to America or even Eroupe but none of them want to go other Muslim countries! What the hell does that say about how good they are treated in Israel? They have more freedom, civil rights and prosperity in Israel than they could get in the surrounding Arab facist muslim state.
So please quit talking out your ass and repeating bullshit you read in some leftist rag, or please quit repeating what you here from other demorats and please learn your shit about freedom and its wonderful impact it has had on the middle east and it started in Israel. and for Gods sake quit repeating what the Arab puke Muslim sympathisers say as they just anti=semites.
Please take this info and do your own your own research and take it from a man whose family has first hand knowledge of what they are talking about as I have family....of Palestinian heritage that attest to how wrong you are!!!!!!!!
Get your shit together!
Freedom is what the Palestinians got when Israel was created and the Palestinian cause is just a fake agenda for the Arabs to further their hate of Jews!

Essex502
10-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Busti - Which history are you reading? The region was first established by the Caananites in approximately 3,000 B.C. The Israelites invaded and conquered the Caananites in approximately 1,250 B.C. The regions was conquered at various times by the Asyrians, Persians, Alexander the Great and the Romans which incorporated Palestine into its empire in 63 B.C. The Byzantines ruled the region from about 300-600 A.D., give or take a few, until it was liberated by the the Arab tribes who ruled it until the Crusades in 1099 A.D. The Ayyubis (Arab) displaced the Crusaders - sending them back from whence they came and ruled until Palestine was incorporated into the Ottoman Empire (Arabic again) in 1516. The Ottomans ruled Palestine from then until 1917. In 1917 the Arab revolt against the Ottomans freed Palestine from the Turks. Also that year...the Brits declared the support for a Jewish state in the region under the Balfour Declaration. 1918 the Brits occupy Palestine.
The first British census in 1922 found that 78% of the residents of the region referred to as Palestine were Muslim Arabs. 11% were Jews and a little more than 9% were Christian Arabs. By 1931 the numbers were 73% Muslim Arabs, 17% Jews and 9% Christian Arabs.
Heavy immigration by European Jews continue to swell the Jewish population. The Region was administered by the British from 1918 until 1947 when they decided it was too big of a headache and turned the "problem" over to the U.N. That same year the U.N. decided to partition the region into a "Jewish state" and an "Arab State". The partitioning was not supported by the Arab League.
In 1948 the US asked the U.N Security Council to suspend the partitioning plan and called for a General Assembly session to discuss the Palestine "issue". The Arabs accepted the U.N. trusteeship and the Jews rejected it. Later that same year, the Jews declared an independent state which was recognized by both the U.N. and the United States over the objection of the Arab States. The state comprised approximately 55% of the Palestine region. War breaks out between the Arabs and Jews and approximately 200,000 Arab refugees flee. U.N. brokers a truce. Lebonon invades, Syria invades. Complete mess. At the end...Israel ends up with 100% of the former Palestine.
What part of the above history is incorrect?

MagicMtnDan
10-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Pardon me for saying this but you are a ****ing moron!
1. Israel already defends themselves and does so quite nicely without anyone's help!
2. We provide them with support because they are the only democracy in that part of the world. Without our support Israel could cease to exist (but they sure as hell would take millions of Muslims with them before the country was terminated).
It's people like you who make it very clear to me that there are too many morons in this country who don't appreciate what we have (freedom) and the price that was paid to get it and keep it. Based on your ignorant statement I can assume you think that the Palestinians want peace and don't have it only because of Israel and the US.

Essex502
10-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Pardon me for saying this but you are a ****ing moron!
1. Israel already defends themselves and does so quite nicely without anyone's help!
2. We provide them with support because they are the only democracy in that part of the world. Without our support Israel could cease to exist (but they sure as hell would take millions of Muslims with them before the country was terminated).
It's people like you who make it very clear to me that there are too many morons in this country who don't appreciate what we have (freedom) and the price that was paid to get it and keep it. Based on your ignorant statement I can assume you think that the Palestinians want peace and don't have it only because of Israel and the US.
It's sad that you've lost all respect from me with your childish name calling. You and the other "chest thumpers" on here don't want discourse and discussion you only want to promote your platform right or wrong. I won't even try to respond to someone like you from now on.
Oh...by the way...how's your boat doing?

RealDarthPoncho
10-07-2004, 10:17 AM
so when Kerry acknowledged today that France and Germany won't go to Iraq with him... therefore Kerry is virtually alone too.
Putin of Russia said in an interview he hopes President Bush wins a second term.
France and Germany are both pushing for a world dominate European Union, a stated goal of which is to replace the U.S. dollar as the worlds most accepted currency. Those two countries are the key creators of a Union thats sole purpose is to put Europe back in control of the world economy and Kerry wants to alter America foreign and domestic policies so they will like us more, when the only way they will be happy is when America is a colony again!
Than we have Canada who's military had to charter an Airbus to get their troops over to Afghanistan. NATO grounded their airforce and pulled troops during the early campaign in Bosnia because their planes and ground forces communications equipment was so out of date they could not communicate with other nations personnel. They have yet to update their military. The Canadian Navy cannot find spare parts to run the majority of their ships because the former Soviet satalite nations no longer produce parts that old! That and they have not enough crew members to run them. The other interesting thing about Canada; Al Sadrs second in command in Iraq is a Canadian. It's really sad that we have not recinded Carter's excec order forbiding the CIA to spy in Canada without authorization from the Canadian government! This is a country that just recently and reluctantly put Hezzbollah on their terrorist group list! Friends like this we don't need and if they continue with their policies of open immigration we need a President that will call them to task like George Bush and even close the border if neccessary! Kerry wants to let these nations decide if it's ok for us to protect ourselves, not bright!!!!

Dave C
10-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Essex... whoa nelly! :rollside: . I told you that you don't want to bring this up!! Dang.
Anyway... there has always been a larger concentration and population of jews in the greater Judea area, which is a small area around present day Israel. It does get diluted if you incorporate the much larger palestine as your post indicates.
IMO there should be a free and democratic Palestine because they do outnumber the jews there. Besides Israel anexed the west bank following the wars in the late 60's as a security buffer due to the strategic military value.
Besides if they were allow to hold free and democratic elections in Palestine, some of the violence might actually stop.
However the U.S. cannot just abandon Israel. They are the only democratic government in the whole region and if we did abandon them, the arabs could be emboldened to put a "hurt" on Israel. Israel would make them pay for it but it would still be a tragedy that would be on our heads.
I'm not convinced that the arabs could wipe out Israel but one reason they don't try is because of our backing.
Its just unfortunate that they all can't just "get along"

Mullet
10-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Can you imagine the uproar if Israel troops were on Iraqi soil (sand).
I think it would have brought more trouble to the region by having them there.
Wouldnt you think we should support a country that can actually lead the Muslim people instead of a country that is so hated by the Muslims? For democracy to work in the reqion, we need more support from our "good friends" Saudi Arabia.

Mullet
10-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Tonga
Yeah but they are as big as a 100 person army.

Mullet
10-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Than we have Canada who's military had to charter an Airbus to get their troops over to Afghanistan. NATO grounded their airforce and pulled troops during the early campaign in Bosnia because their planes and ground forces communications equipment was so out of date they could not communicate with other nations personnel. They have yet to update their military. The Canadian Navy cannot find spare parts to run the majority of their ships because the former Soviet satalite nations no longer produce parts that old! That and they have not enough crew members to run them. The other interesting thing about Canada; Al Sadrs second in command in Iraq is a Canadian. It's really sad that we have not recinded Carter's excec order forbiding the CIA to spy in Canada without authorization from the Canadian government! This is a country that just recently and reluctantly put Hezzbollah on their terrorist group list! Friends like this we don't need and if they continue with their policies of open immigration we need a President that will call them to task like George Bush and even close the border if neccessary! Kerry wants to let these nations decide if it's ok for us to protect ourselves, not bright!!!!
Canada just bought a couple subs.
I think it may have been made by Aftershock.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041008/wl_canada_afp/britain_canada_submarine

Mullet
10-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Where are the Saudi's?

Jeanyus
10-08-2004, 02:28 PM
If the Arabs could take Isreal they would do it. The problem that they have is that the Isreali army, that was out numbered, whipped Egypt, Syria, and Jordan, all at the same time, The 3 Arab countries put up a fight for a mere 6 days. And what did the UN do about it, nothing. I say hats off to Isreal, what a buch of fighting fools. They are the big boys of the sandbox. Arabs will not attack them directly as the will get destroyed. But they can muster up the courage to tape a bomb to a woman and bow up a bus full of civilians.

Mullet
10-08-2004, 02:33 PM
But they can muster up the courage to tape a bomb to a woman and bow up a bus full of civilians.
sometimes you do what you can for what precieve as right. Palestine was a lot of poverty and uneducated people. Hell if I thought that when I died I'd get a bunch of virgins then I may actually consider blowing myself up too. But I wont blow myself up because I wouldnt want backforty to miss me.....plus how couldn't give him all that negative karma stuff.

Dave C
10-08-2004, 07:13 PM
but blowing yourself up and killing innocent civilians does not make it right no matter what your cause is.....
sometimes you do what you can for what precieve as right. Palestine was a lot of poverty and uneducated people. Hell if I thought that when I died I'd get a bunch of virgins then I may actually consider blowing myself up too. But I wont blow myself up because I wouldnt want backforty to miss me.....plus how couldn't give him all that negative karma stuff.

Mullet
10-08-2004, 07:17 PM
but blowing yourself up and killing innocent civilians does not make it right no matter what your cause is.....
You never know. I have never been and I doubt you being an American have ever been put in that situation. If Mexico had a strong army and was able to take over Havasu, I am willing to bet there would be some people from this board going to extremes.
Not that I agree with it or condone it. Sometimes what people are willing to do for they feel will help there family and future family will come to no end.

RealDarthPoncho
10-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Canada just bought a couple subs.
I think it may have been made by Aftershock.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041008/wl_canada_afp/britain_canada_submarine
Kerry thinks they are a good source of perscription drugs! Just another example actuelly of Kerry thinking being dependant on a foreign nation is better for America!

Mullet
10-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Kerry thinks they are a good source of perscription drugs! Just another example actuelly of Kerry thinking being dependant on a foreign nation is better for America!
That is not totally fair to say.
I hate Canada only second to the french. But if we can get prescribtion drugs at a cheaper rate then that would be benefitial to everyone.
To say being dependant on other countries on what not......well we are dependent on other countries for oil, China for manufacturing and so on and so on, so it isnt just what Kerry thinks.

steelcomp
10-08-2004, 08:11 PM
That is not totally fair to say.
I hate Canada only second to the french. But if we can get prescribtion drugs at a cheaper rate then that would be benefitial to everyone.
To say being dependant on other countries on what not......well we are dependent on other countries for oil, China for manufacturing and so on and so on, so it isnt just what Kerry thinks.
Like Bush said, he hasn't blocked the bill yet, he's just trying to make sure the drugs are legit, and don't KILL you! I see nothing wrong with that. He also said that there's going to be a lot more emphasis on generic drugs at a much lower cost.

little rowe boat
10-08-2004, 08:12 PM
I still say the Israelis are the baddest bastards in the sand... Been doing it for 1000's of years and never seem to miss their target. ;)
*edited for the bad mofo content.
my bad
Thats who should be hunting Osama.

Mullet
10-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Like Bush said, he hasn't blocked the bill yet, he's just trying to make sure the drugs are legit, and don't KILL you! I see nothing wrong with that. He also said that there's going to be a lot more emphasis on generic drugs at a much lower cost.
Didnt Kerry point out that he said that 4 years ago?

steelcomp
10-08-2004, 08:15 PM
I dont think it's the soldiers, it's a cultural thing maybe??? just dry, like toast....
You're right, Ken. Their soldiers, like ours reflect their culture.
I thnk we should take the handcuffs off Israel and let them clean up the whole area. We could split the oil, and they wouldn't even break a sweat.

steelcomp
10-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Didnt Kerry point out that he said that 4 years ago?
You think maybe he's been a little busy? Even without all that's going on, these things take time.
You really don't get it, do you? :hammerhea

572Daytona
10-08-2004, 08:17 PM
More hypocrisy by the Kerry campaign, buying drugs from foreign countries = good, US Drug firms outsourcing the manufacturing of drugs to foreign countries = bad, I would take the second choice anyday, at least some of the money stays at home.

Mullet
10-08-2004, 08:23 PM
More hypocrisy by the Kerry campaign, buying drugs from foreign countries = good, US Drug firms outsourcing the manufacturing of drugs to foreign countries = bad, I would take the second choice anyday, at least some of the money stays at home.
How do you figure?
If I can save 20 dollars on a 40 dollar drug, isnt the money that is in my pocket that will be spent on my renewal subsrciption to ***boat better off than a corporate conglomerate that really doesnt do anything for the people?

Mullet
10-08-2004, 08:23 PM
You think maybe he's been a little busy? Even without all that's going on, these things take time.
You really don't get it, do you? :hammerhea
I forgot that Bush actually did everything himself, my bad.

572Daytona
10-08-2004, 08:33 PM
How do you figure?
If I can save 20 dollars on a 40 dollar drug, isnt the money that is in my pocket that will be spent on my renewal subsrciption to ***boat better off than a corporate conglomerate that really doesnt do anything for the people?
Corporations are owned by many people, i.e. stockholders. Profits that they make are shared by all of the stockholders. You would still end up paying less since the drug manufacturers cost of goods are cheaper but the profits on the sale would also stay at home. The stock boom of the 90's was driven in a large part by corporations becoming more efficient and a lot of this was from outsourcing. This translated into lots of new millionaires in this country (stockholders) and that in turn translated into robust sales of luxury goods such as hot boats. And to add to the hypocrisy, why are so many people that are in favor of cheaper Canandian drugs against discounters such as WalMart that pass the savings of foreign goods on to the consumer? Btw, I'm not against being able to buy drugs from Canada, but if you want a free economy, it has to be free in all areas. I believe Kerry would increase tariffs on a lot of other foreign goods.

Mullet
10-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Corporations are owned by many people, i.e. stockholders. Profits that they make are shared by all of the stockholders. You would still end up paying less since the drug manufacturers cost of goods are cheaper but the profits on the sale would also stay at home. The stock boom of the 90's was driven in a large part by corporations becoming more efficient and a lot of this was from outsourcing. This translated into lots of new millionaires in this country (stockholders) and that in turn translated into robust sales of luxury goods such as hot boats. And to add to the hypocrisy, why are so many people that are in favor of cheaper Canandian drugs against discounters such as WalMart that pass the savings of foreign goods on to the consumer? Btw, I'm not against being able to buy drugs from Canada, but if you want a free economy, it has to be free in all areas. I believe Kerry would increase tariffs on a lot of other foreign goods.
I dont like Walmart. I have shopped there a couple of times but wont go back.
With goods becoming more and more expensive, I think a good area to start allpeople spending money again within the US would be for the cheaper drugs. The corporations making the money only effects a minority of people. In this case, I think that cheaper drugs would be a huge start to get this economy back on pace.

steelcomp
10-09-2004, 07:54 AM
I forgot that Bush actually did everything himself, my bad.
Well, what is all this criticizm about, then? Didn't your accusation insinuate that the responsibility rested soley on Bush's shoulders? You said "didn't HE say this 4 yrs ago?"
OK...let me rephrase...hasn't the Bush administration been a little busy? I think when he suggested it we hadn't been attacked yet, and weren't at war.
C'mon. You're smarter than that. Besides, all this is arguing semantics anyway.