PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP.....Vacation - Catalina Island

Sane Asylum
10-06-2004, 04:18 AM
We're gunna try and make the ATDRII then off to San Diego'ish to do Legoland and Catalina for a couple of days......
Need some help.....Does anyone know best place to launch that can take my boat off the trailer and put it in the water. (without dippin my pristine painted steel trailer that's never seen salt). I'm Ok with traveling a few miles out of the way (water or land) to get this done...
Would also like to leave the boat there whilst we take the tater tots to legoland. A nice secure marina or boat store wouldn't hurt my feelings.....
If anyone has any other suggestions for fun while we're over there....Please, Please let us know....... :D :D
Gracias........

Quality Time
10-06-2004, 07:14 AM
This question came up a while ago. A few folks had suggestions on sling launching, but overnight slips are hard to come by. FYI, dip the trailer and rinse it off at the wash racks before you head out. Wash and rinse when you return. You will not have any problems. Which Sunsation you runnin?

Sane Asylum
10-06-2004, 07:47 AM
QT.... 02' 32' Dominator w/496HO's, bravo 1's all amsoiled up......
How bout u??

Steamin' Rice
10-06-2004, 08:11 AM
I don't know of any places that can launch a 32' boat without dipping the trailer. You can try calling the Lido Dry Stack to see if they will launch for you, but I don't think they will launch a boat that is not being stored there. I would just launch the boat and rinse the trailer off well right after launching. There is fresh water available at the ramps and you can rinse off the salt water immediately. I like to launch in Newport at the Dunes. They have secure short term/long term storage and maybe a few slips.
http://www.newportdunes.com/Pages/Marina/Marina-Intro.html

Havasu Cig
10-06-2004, 12:41 PM
If the Lido won't sling the boat for you and you end up dipping the trailer I would suggest Dana Point Marina. It is much closer to Carlsbad where Lego Land is located (about a 40 minute drive) and they have vary nice guest slips with shower and restroom access. The ramp is also very nice with fresh water for flush and wash down.

Quality Time
10-06-2004, 02:21 PM
How bout u??
Same, 32' dominator with HO's. Steamin' Rice and Havasu Cig have pretty much given the low down. I launch at the Dunes due to close proximity to my house. Dana is also a great place to launch. Can't go wrong either way. Get that thing salty, rinse and enjoy :smile:

KACHINA KEN
10-06-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't know of any places that can launch a 32' boat without dipping the trailer. You can try calling the Lido Dry Stack to see if they will launch for you, but I don't think they will launch a boat that is not being stored there. I would just launch the boat and rinse the trailer off well right after launching. There is fresh water available at the ramps and you can rinse off the salt water immediately. I like to launch in Newport at the Dunes. They have secure short term/long term storage and maybe a few slips.
Lido wont do it unless you are a member, which I will be for the month of July next year.

Sane Asylum
10-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Steamin......Thanks! I checked the website and called em'.
May have to bite the bullet and just wash off my freaggin trailer.
BTW......That's one bad ass ride I saw comin out of the mold......Those graphics are sweet :rollside:
Put some more pics up when you get a chance.....

LHC30Victory
10-06-2004, 06:24 PM
How bout u??
Hey S/A check out the mobil oil thread at offshore.com since yo have that amsoil thing going on. You may want to change next time. but then again maybe not.

Sane Asylum
10-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Hey S/A check out the mobil oil thread at offshore.com since yo have that amsoil thing going on. You may want to change next time. but then again maybe not.
LHC.......That dude obviously works for mobil one.. :D .....it's good oil but I used to run amsoil in all of our road race bikes for almost 8 plus years....with a lot of 24 hour races (two a season) and motors were like brand new during tear downs.....4 strokes spinning 14-15k rpm for 24 hours....you tell me :cool:
I'm an amsoil dealer too....but I ain't pimpin my chit like that.....Actually Mobil-1, amsoil, royal purple and redline are all good.....
can't go wrong.......only bad thing about the amsoil is the smell - that s h i t stinks.......

burtandnancy
10-06-2004, 10:08 PM
There is a sling at Sunset Aquatic at Huntington Harbor (the end of Edinger) that may help. I think the others are right for your plans, try Dana Point, its in either So Orange County or North San Diego County. If you can stay overnight at Catalina, try the Inn at Mt Ada (or Aida or Edna). Its a bed and breakfast at the old Wrigley Mansion. Very nice, but there are also a lot of nice lodges in Avalon.