PDA

View Full Version : Lake NoAssHoles - Does it exist?

probablecause
10-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Has anyone ever heard of it? Does it exist?

JetBoatRich
10-06-2004, 02:35 PM
never heard of it :jawdrop: not to say it does not exist :hammer2:

WUTWZAT
10-06-2004, 04:09 PM
ya know I have come pretty close, when I went to CBBB. Everyone was so cool from that group and we pretty much out numbered everyone else so they all just backed off. I am hoping for the same thing this weekend out in Big River at the FreeBoard Challenged. It seems like a lot of the same people, and thats a good thing to see some old / new friends. And a lot of its a state of mind not to let others ruin it for you.
Jason

jbtrailerjim
10-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Nope, I don't think it exists. But if you find it be sure and let us know.

roostwear
10-06-2004, 05:36 PM
ya know I have come pretty close, when I went to CBBB. Everyone was so cool from that group and we pretty much out numbered everyone else so they all just backed off. I am hoping for the same thing this weekend out in Big River at the FreeBoard Challenged. It seems like a lot of the same people, and thats a good thing to see some old / new friends. And a lot of its a state of mind not to let others ruin it for you.
Jason
Fc2 is a little different than CBBB. Similar mindset, but a little more HP oriented (well, except in my case :D ). It'll be everything from speedpasses to hanging in the cove. I will post a "schedule" tomorrow, but don't expect it to rule your day... FC isn't that way. Just enough so everyone knows where the others are if they choose to check it out. Beach action, passes, or the cove... it's all good. The great part about Big River is it's all in one area.
FYI, Roostwear and SB Products are not responsible for random acts of stupidity on the water this weekend.
*****IT'S UP TO US TO POLICE OURSELVES AND BE RESPONSIBLE BOATERS****
End of soapbox until Saturday night............

rvrtoy
10-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Lake Huntington in the High Sierra Mountains is as close as I have ever come to a lake with no a$$holes. Everyone is always courtious and cautious. I have to say it is one of my favorite places to boat. :messedup:

voodoomedman
10-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Once you get to the wide part of lake Mojave all the drunks and pwc's are behind you. Seems only levelheaded boaters and the few levelheaded pwcers launch at Cottonwood Cove. And it's beautiful past Cottonwood and not crowded. Just beware that that big part of the lake can get pretty choppy. Have a good sized boat and be ready for some fun on the way back anytime after noon or launch at Cottonwood.

Dribble
10-07-2004, 06:18 AM
Tahoe.

Three Days Only
10-07-2004, 07:41 AM
Lake Pacifica!!! Theres not to many A-Holes out there, well except for Bling & myself!!!

jas0502
10-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Once you get to the wide part of lake Mojave all the drunks and pwc's are behind you. Seems only levelheaded boaters and the few levelheaded pwcers launch at Cottonwood Cove. And it's beautiful past Cottonwood and not crowded. Just beware that that big part of the lake can get pretty choppy. Have a good sized boat and be ready for some fun on the way back anytime after noon or launch at Cottonwood.
SSSHHHHHH.............lets keep that to ourselves. But seriously...we only launch at Cottonwood from June-August. :rollside:

shueman
10-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Lake Huntington in the High Sierra Mountains is as close as I have ever come to a lake with no a$$holes. Everyone is always courtious and cautious. I have to say it is one of my favorite places to boat. :messedup:
Shaver, on the way up to Huntington, is our fav....already booked for next season.....

RADDONKEY
10-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Tahoe.
You got to be kidding! I'm sorry I love Tahoe but they have more A-Holes per capita than any other lake on the west coast. :rollside: RD

Havasu_Dreamin
10-07-2004, 10:32 AM
DAMN cold though! Shaver Lake was as close as I have come but have not been back there in 7-8 years.

Dribble
10-07-2004, 05:23 PM
You got to be kidding! I'm sorry I love Tahoe but they have more A-Holes per capita than any other lake on the west coast. :rollside: RD
Everytime I've boated there I've met up with really friendly people. Never seen so much as a toothpick on the ground or in the water muchless a beer can. Watched boaters pick up and take their dogs poop home with them. And never met up with an asshole.
I'll say it again
Tahoe http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0080-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/365IMG21-thumb.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0077-med.jpg

voodoomedman
10-07-2004, 06:20 PM
SSSHHHHHH.............lets keep that to ourselves. But seriously...we only launch at Cottonwood from June-August. :rollside:
I launched this year at Katherine but at 6:30 am. Come back before the chop but stay close to the basin and get in by two to avoid the wait. Next year the condo will be done and I'll have to deal with Havasu but will try and stay away from Saturday's.

SSTahoe
11-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Come on it's not that bad there are alot of nice people here!! Every time somebody post that they are heading up this way I let them know I will help with anything they need. I have lived here since 1979 and I LOVE IT..............of course it's colder the sh*t right now so I might second think that last statement :). Any Hot Boater that would like to get together up at Lake Tahoe for the summer of 2005 let me know.

Dribble
11-10-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm there.
:cool:

SSTahoe
11-10-2004, 08:13 AM
I'm there.
:cool:
Right on let me know I would like to get some Hot Boaters together for some runs up here, that are not just poker runs. Just a bunch of people boating, camping, hanging out, just having a good time!! When it gets close I or somebody should start a thread to get a date going to get together the 4th is nice but really crowded but anytime July is really nice.

Squirtin Thunder
11-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Everytime I've boated there I've met up with really friendly people. Never seen so much as a toothpick on the ground or in the water muchless a beer can. Watched boaters pick up and take their dogs poop home with them. And never met up with an asshole.
I'll say it again
Tahoe http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0080-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/365IMG21-thumb.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0077-med.jpg
But that water is really cold !!! :cry:

SSTahoe
11-10-2004, 08:31 AM
It's only cold after the first foot or so... :2purples:

spectras only
11-10-2004, 10:20 AM
SSTahoe , your lake is a beauty ,but rather cold even in the summer :2purples: . Our glacier fed lakes lake Pitt and Harrison are cold but nice in the summer :cool: .The only lakes you find a....holes here [ Cultus , Osoyoos and Okanagan ] are the warm ones with a lot of PWC's . I've heard there are some snobs [ classic mahogany club crowd :shift: ] there who hate outboards :wink: .My friend restored a nice Riva Rudy that's owned by the president of that club.

jackpunx
11-10-2004, 10:26 AM
But that water is really cold !!! :cry:
thats why he's wearing a sweatshirt.. :D

Boatmaster
11-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Northern Cal LAKE SHASTA! Can't be beat for friendly safe place to boat.

jackpunx
11-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Northern Cal LAKE SHASTA! Can't be beat for friendly safe place to boat.
I have heard the same thing.. but it only works really well for the EFI guys.. :D

eliminatedsprinter
11-10-2004, 12:53 PM
As the elected Head of All Assholes, I can state that it does not exist. :notam: But then, it would be just like a true asshole (like me) to be wrong. ;)

jackpunx
11-10-2004, 12:58 PM
As the elected Head of All Assholes, I can state that it does not exist. :notam: But then, it would be just like a true asshole (like me) to be wrong. ;)
Steve.. Just because your wife calls you that.. dosnt really mean your an asshole.. :D

simple
11-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Lake Mead at the North end of Gregg Basin called Sandy Point. This is 60 miles from Hoover Dam & 20 miles from Temple Bar.

eliminatedsprinter
11-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Steve.. Just because your wife calls you that.. dosnt really mean your an asshole.. :D
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... She reads these things.... :wink:

switchin'addiction
11-10-2004, 10:06 PM
It does exist, but it's located in the midwest.

LVjetboy
11-11-2004, 03:57 AM
"Lake NoAssHoles - Does it exist? Has anyone ever heard of it? Does it exist?"
Depends on what you mean by AssHoles? Assuming you mean that lake with jet skiers circle endlessly in front of your campsite washing wakes over your hot boat's transom? Not to mention that annoying leafblower racket going on and on and on as they circle and circle and circle again with no apparant goal other than circling one more time?
Or that lake with wake barges swerving within feet of your anchored boat completely oblivious to their wake or anything else except the coolness of their wake jumping buddies?
Or maybe you mean that lake with idiots on the launch ramp with no clue on how to launch their boat? Or how long they block the dock loading the kids, a couple dogs, oops who forgot the ice...let's all wait while we walk back up the ramp to get ice for the cooler...oh now the engine won't start...on and on. Oblivious to those waiting to launch behind them.
Or how about those Aholes who pull up right next to you on a beach not big enough for both of you then crank Wayne Newton?
Or how about that Ahole water cop who insists on pulling you over no matter what just looking for a bust?
Aholes come in many flavors.
I say it doesn't exist. BUT, every lake has it's less Asshole time of the week and month. Some more than others. Assuming you don't have the option of boating the less Ahole lakes, the best bet is boat your local lakes at the less Ahole times. NOT WEEKENDS copy?
jer

SSTahoe
11-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Copy that LVJetboy

HighRoller
11-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Havasu before MTV.

Boatmaster
11-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Jackpunx Shasta is under 1000ft no EFI needed there! I spend alot of my summer at Shasta, it's hard to beat.

SSTahoe
11-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Jackpunx Shasta is under 1000ft no EFI needed there! I spend alot of my summer at Shasta, it's hard to beat.
Is it better in the spring mid summer at Shasta because I heard in the late summer some areas have some trees sticking out of the water you have to avoid??

jackpunx
11-11-2004, 08:49 AM
I'll see you guys up there for the Cat attack this year.. :D
BTW.. I was able to make it up to your side of the state.. I got to meet Stoker and Norcal..
Norcal gave us a tour and a nice little ride on his STV..
thanks bro.
I look forward to seeing you guys again.
Mark :D

Boatmaster
11-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Sounds good Jackpunx The Cat Attack is always a great trip. Depending on a head count I may have room for you if you need a place to crash on the houseboat. I'll be at the BBSP again this year with R52 and Hulshot, should have a better idea on room by then. SSTahoe if we have a good winter the lake is great all summer. The only arm with the trees is the Pit River.

jackpunx
11-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Sounds good Jackpunx The Cat Attack is always a great trip. Depending on a head count I may have room for you if you need a place to crash on the houseboat. I'll be at the BBSP again this year with R52 and Hulshot, should have a better idea on room by then. SSTahoe if we have a good winter the lake is great all summer. The only arm with the trees is the Pit River. :D sounds good
thanks

a catered life
11-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Tahoe http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0080-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/sdata/500/365IMG21-thumb.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0077-med.jpg[/QUOTE]
if this is tahoe then count me in great looking water got a resort up there but alway go in the winter is this what i have been missing

SSTahoe
11-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Yes that is Tahoe,Thats what I have been trying to tell people it's a great place!! A little cold but not bad in the mid summer.

Raisin Wake
11-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Is it better in the spring mid summer at Shasta because I heard in the late summer some areas have some trees sticking out of the water you have to avoid??
I go to Shasta every August. The lake was down 80 feet this year. Not a real problem. Lots of great water. It's a great lake.