PDA

View Full Version : Can Am????

slated36
04-06-2002, 07:40 AM
I am currently getting ready to purchase my second Jet Boat and the Hull is a Can AM or Canam. I am 24 years old and the hull is a 1969 i cant seem to find anything or anyone on this particular hull company. I did however find out something about they were making bikes like quads and cycles. But anyways i was curious to know if anyone of you guys have heard or knew of a Can Am/Canam.
Thanks,
Slated

quig
04-06-2002, 09:02 AM
if I'm not mistaken I belive Can-am was a product of Bombardier (sea-doo manufacturer) but that is only because I owned a can-am MX6 250 moto-x'er when I was 15 years old .Don't know if this helps but it might get you started...
quig.

canuck1
04-06-2002, 09:43 AM
Thats exactly what it is. they have not been made in 20 plus years in eastern Canada

slated36
04-06-2002, 07:22 PM
So is that a good thing or bad???? I was curious to know if the hulls that they made were decent. As far as reliable or any weak areas from manufacturing, problems when it comes to modifications,or even their reputation.

LeadFootTheRabbit
04-06-2002, 08:21 PM
There are alot of boat builders that built boats 20-30years ago that are no longer around. That doesn't mean they made a bad product. Some of the quality builders today may not be around in 5-10 years. Boating trends change and the economy changes. And so it goes.
If your not sure about the boat take it to a boat shop and have them look at it. If the current owner objects, maybe its because he is hiding something. The boat I'm rebuilding is a 1969 Glastron V-174 Superjet. Paid $500 and by the time it hits the drink next month I'll have another grand into it. Good luck and have fun.
LDFTRBT

canuck1
04-07-2002, 04:07 PM
There wasn't that many around Western Canada but my dads memory of them was that his V would blow them away he also said that the hulls were as good as any and they had good glass work

slated36
04-07-2002, 06:55 PM
Thanks for all the info. I am going to run it Mon. or Tues. hopefully if the weather cooperates. It has been cool here and rained this last weekend but maybe just maybe the wind will die, the water will settle, and i know no one will be on the water but us. Thank you guys for all your help.