PDA

View Full Version : Kidsvater Props

cracker
10-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Harold has a new finish that he has available for his props, it rocks.

garrett
10-07-2004, 04:22 PM
What is it? Does it protect against rust?

cracker
10-07-2004, 05:09 PM
some sort of a ceramic coating that is REAL hard comes in a crome finish and seems to really hang on.

Kindsvater Flat
10-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Dude you spelled Kindsvater wrong!!! Harold's props kick ass. The ceramic coating is hard as a rock. Tom might see this and comment on it also.

kipperps28
10-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Can you still check them with dye penetrant with the coating? Or do you have to mag to check for cracks?

cracker
10-07-2004, 06:30 PM
dude sorry about miss spelling Harolds name wasnt watching the keys as I typed... We just pulled the boat out of the lake after 4 months and the prop looks good. only two small dime sized spots of surface rust, usually totally rusted. Showed it to Harold the other day and I think he liked it....

V-Drive Tom
10-08-2004, 06:24 AM
Harold Kindsvater and I started testing this out two years ago. Its a satin silver finish that is very thin, VERY durable and best part is that it does't change the balance of the prop like chrome.(chrome on propellers is nothing but BAD. We haven't done it for 20 years.)
You can't check for cracks through this.
We have a lot of them out there with very good satisfaction rate.
I think this process should only be done if you keep your boat in the water for LONG periods of time. Otherwise a guy should just be a good V-Drive Hot Rodder and keep his propeller CLEAN.
Its not hard to do. Just clean it with 600 paper and WD 40 or whatever product you like. TOM.. :D

voodooCanoe
10-08-2004, 07:41 PM
sounds good for a ski prop, but you better leave it home on race day. Won't let you run if its coated.