PDA

View Full Version : Stop Calling Me!!!!!!

Mrs. Restless22
10-07-2004, 02:57 PM
GRRRRR!!! I put our number on the "do not call" list and Im still getting calls from those frikin annoying telemarketers! :hammerhea

topless
10-07-2004, 02:58 PM
GRRRRR!!! I put our number on the "do not call" list and Im still getting calls from those frikin annoying telemarketers! :hammerhea
I'm sorry, I'll stop. :(

Excessive Force
10-07-2004, 02:58 PM
GRRRRR!!! I put our number on the "do not call" list and Im still getting calls from those frikin annoying telemarketers!
Didnt know you could do that :messedup:

Mrs. Restless22
10-07-2004, 02:59 PM
I'm sorry, I'll stop. :(
Oh hun...if its you just tell me your topless next time and we can talk :devil: :D

MsDrmr
10-07-2004, 03:00 PM
dont ya know that a do not call list really means 'call me please"
Actually, I know thats a pain the butt, I let most of my calls go to my ans mach when I am at home, I pick it up if I want to talk, and to hell with the others :devil:

LHC30Victory
Where do ya think they get their numbers from...LISTS :p

topless
Oh hun...if its you just tell me your topless next time and we can talk :devil: :D
K....... :cool: :D ;) :mix:

Mrs. Restless22
10-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Where do ya think they get their numbers from...LISTS :p
But I thought that list worked to make them stop calling :messedup:

Excessive Force
10-07-2004, 03:02 PM
I should just turn off my house phone, never use it anyway. Always use the cell now adays :lightsabe

MAINEVENT
K....... :cool: :D ;) :mix:
If you call me and tell me your topless i am gonna wanna see :D :idea: :hammer2: ;)

Excessive Force
Its become a way of life

572Daytona
10-07-2004, 03:03 PM
How long ago did you put your number on the list? I found that it takes a month or two for everyone to get the updated list but my experience is that it really works. I'm not getting called at all anymore, it even worked for the fax line as I used to get a bunch of junk faxes, but not anymore.

racecar.hotshoe
10-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Im sorry,Buy the way Would you like to get The LA times!
http://www.voicenet.com/~lydia/pumps.gif

Mrs. Restless22
I was so annoyed I even told one guy that Mr & Mrs. Prindle just died...so STOP CALLING! :burningm:
I know....im horrible :mad: :D

Excessive Force
ok who do you call to get off the list?

Mrs. Restless22
10-07-2004, 03:05 PM
ok who do you call to get off the list?
You want to get off the list? So you want them to keep calling you? :confused:

MsDrmr
10-07-2004, 03:05 PM
But I thought that list worked to make them stop calling :messedup:
wish that were true, to be honest, thats how they make any money at all, they are not going to fold the business by stopping the calls. I am not sure how they manage to get around it, but they somehow do.

572Daytona
10-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Go here: https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

topless
10-07-2004, 03:07 PM
I thought if you requested to be taken off their call list, they by law have to do it. Am I wrong? :idea:

unleashed
10-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Mrs. Restless, They call you all the time cause they know you are Hot! :devil:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

572Daytona
10-07-2004, 03:11 PM
From the website:
Q: If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?
A: No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most, but not all, telemarketing calls. You may still receive calls from political organizations, charities, telephone surveyors or companies with which you have an existing business relationship.
I was still getting calls from Citibank trying to sell me crap I didn't(who I have a credit card with so they would be exempt from the law) and I just asked them to quit calling me and they did. I still get an occasional call from the Fraternal Order of Police or Police Benevolence Society or somesuch like that and I'm guessing they are exempt under the charity loophole

Jbb
10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
From the website:
Q: If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?
A: No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most, but not all, telemarketing calls. You may still receive calls from political organizations, charities, telephone surveyors or companies with which you have an existing business relationship.
I was still getting calls from Citibank trying to sell me crap I didn't(who I have a credit card with so they would be exempt from the law) and I just asked them to quit calling me and they did. I still get an occasional call from the Fraternal Order of Police or Police Benevolence Society or somesuch like that and I'm guessing they are exempt under the charity loophole
Yeah...butthead...That was me you hung up on the other day...soliciting donations for a trip to the optomitrist to look at this minor"eye" thing... :boxingguy

uvindex
10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Telemarketers have a better chance of breaking into Fort Knox than getting ME to answer one of their calls. We have caller ID, and just plain don't answer any calls from callers we don't recognize. We also have Call Intercept so if the caller doesn't give us caller ID info, the phone system intercepts them, and makes them speak their name, then it calls us and we get to hear the name and decide if we want the call to come through or get rejected. Technology can be our friend. :)

Mrs. Restless22
10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
We also have Call Intercept so if the caller doesn't give us caller ID info, the phone system intercepts them, and makes them speak their name, then it calls us and we get to hear the name and decide if we want the call to come through or get rejected. Technology can be our friend. :)
That sounds awesome....Im gonna look into that one :wink:

topless
10-07-2004, 03:16 PM
:crossx: Yeah...butthead...That was me you hung up on the other day...soliciting donations for a trip to the optomitrist to look at this minor"eye" thing... :boxingguy
LMAO...........................................I just noticed that thing.

plaster dave
10-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Go here: https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
thanks 572 for the link maybe I can get those f***** to stop calling. :D

572Daytona
10-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah...butthead...That was me you hung up on the other day...soliciting donations for a trip to the optomitrist to look at this minor"eye" thing... :boxingguy
Sorry, You are definitely a charity case :p Don't you also represent the Pink and Teal Boat Preservation Society?

Jbb
10-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Sorry, You are definitely a charity case :p Don't you also represent the Pink and Teal Boat Preservation Society?
...Got a little problem with colors....as one might expect.... :D

topless
10-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Sorry, You are definitely a charity case :p Don't you also represent the Pink and Teal Boat Preservation Society?That boat was blue..............Right Brian? :smile:

Mandelon
10-07-2004, 03:45 PM
GRRRRR!!! I put our number on the "do not call" list and Im still getting calls from those frikin annoying telesex guys! :hammerhea
I can't help it. I am going to keep calling. :p

Havasu Hangin'
10-07-2004, 04:07 PM
I use the privacy manager from Pac Bell and the do not call list.
Between the two...no more calls.

Mrs. Restless22
10-07-2004, 05:19 PM
I can't help it. I am going to keep calling. :p
You can call anytime :wink:
Someone is a real asswipe. They gave me a red cookie for this....WTF is your problem? You can even sign it? You PU**Y!!!! :lightsabe

Dave C
10-07-2004, 05:35 PM
sorry that was me calling at 3 a.m. that hung up.... drunk! :rollside: :smile:
what you don't have a caller ID phone??... its a must have item!!

Mandelon
10-07-2004, 05:54 PM
You can call anytime :wink:
:p :devil: :p :devil:

Debbolas
10-07-2004, 06:00 PM
As soon as I tell them we are on the list they appologise and hang up.
You can go to the website and list the companies and their phone numbers if they call you. I think they have to pay a fine or something. :wink:
If you have donated in the past, they can call you. :2purples:
The police that call I thought that was a scam?!? :hammerhea

Desert Rat
10-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Ask the name of the company that is calling (telemarketer/non profit etc) and tell them to remove you from their list. If you get called from the same org after 30 days you can sue in small claims court here in California for i think $1000. There is a guy in SoCal, Acton I think that has been on TV making some change on this.

Misogynist
10-07-2004, 06:30 PM
I joined the "no call list" back when it first was available... I still get bullsh!t calls once in a while... plus I get junk faxes too... Pisses me off..... Just yesterday I was informed that I had won an all expenses paid trip to Mexico on a Carnival cruise... yeah... right... :sqeyes:

DAB
10-07-2004, 07:58 PM
MrsR 22, this was happening to us and we are also on the do not call list...so I ended up going to the site and completing the form along with the Ph# that was calling and that shit ended two days later... good luck

CEO
10-07-2004, 09:00 PM
I still get those bastards bothering me, I try to be polite get their name and phone #, then I ask for a supervisior and get all over their SHIT.
I won't booty call you anymore:)

moneysucker
10-07-2004, 09:03 PM
I joined the "no call list" back when it first was available... I still get bullsh!t calls once in a while... plus I get junk faxes too... Pisses me off..... Just yesterday I was informed that I had won an all expenses paid trip to Mexico on a Carnival cruise... yeah... right... :sqeyes:
I'll take that trip if you don't want it. :devil: I don't get these. They don't tend to call hotels much and they don't leave messages. I don't even know my home #. That is what 2 cell phones and office and a fax # is for. My e-mails more than make up for the lack of calls to the house though.