PDA

View Full Version : Gil exhaust...........

Gerard
10-07-2004, 03:20 PM
This is a 2 part question....
I have 2 Gil exhaust that I am selling, I have been offered $1,500.00 for both sets. Is this a reasonable price??
I have (2) 1997 HP500 carb motors that I am selling. The accessories are in really good condition and the motors are really clean for having 700 hours on them. The top end(s) were rebuilt 300 hrs ago.The Gil exhaust are on these motors. One motor has a valve problem (needs rebuild) and the other is running but could use a freshening as well. Any takers?? Would you sell the motors with or without the exhaust??
What do you think the motors are worth?

Gerard
10-07-2004, 04:18 PM
doesn't anyone want a HP500 to rebuild? It would cost approx. $6K to rebuild the motors (each). Thats alot cheaper than buying new!!
I just bought 2 500EFI's with 65 hrs on them for $28K

Gerard
10-07-2004, 07:15 PM
anyone going to help out??

Gerard
10-08-2004, 08:32 AM
ttt

Unforgiven
10-08-2004, 08:50 AM
what do YOU want for your motors???what accesories come with the motors

Jordy
10-08-2004, 08:56 AM
You'd probably get more response in the "Gear Head" forum. Not to mention, the title Gil Exhaust doesn't exactly portray what message you're trying to get across. Just some suggestions to help you out. :D

Gerard
10-08-2004, 09:09 AM
what do YOU want for your motors???what accesories come with the motors
The motors are 100% complete (including exhaust)---they both need rebuilds. I honestly don't know what they are worth. I would guess approx. $5K for the running motor and $3K for the damaged one.

Gerard
10-08-2004, 09:10 AM
You'd probably get more response in the "Gear Head" forum. Not to mention, the title Gil Exhaust doesn't exactly portray what message you're trying to get across. Just some suggestions to help you out. :D
Thanks for the input.....I'll try that

Jordy
10-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the input.....how do I change the title of this thread?
I'd just leave this one and start a new one in the gearheads forum. You can't change the title of this one now. This forum gets the most traffic, but it's also the most b.s. filled of all of them except the bench racers. Lots of people who would be able to give you an honest opinion won't come near this part of the forum.

Gerard
10-08-2004, 09:51 AM
I'd just leave this one and start a new one in the gearheads forum. You can't change the title of this one now. This forum gets the most traffic, but it's also the most b.s. filled of all of them except the bench racers. Lots of people who would be able to give you an honest opinion won't come near this part of the forum.
thanks!! :D