PDA

View Full Version : Read This Before You Run It Harder

taxman
10-07-2004, 07:18 PM
I went to the doctor today because I am an old 38 yrs. I went because I have not been feeling like myself. He took my blood pressure and it was 130 over 100. He looked me over and said these words to me I dont know what you have been doing in your 38 years of life,but you are beat to hell. That made me feel great he also said I had irreagular heart beat. I could go on but I think you get the moral of the story. I can't believe my wake up call came so early. I have a eight year old boy and all I could do was think about him and how all the years of abuse fighting drinking and everything else I did could now directly hurt him. Be careful kids ya never know!!!! I can no longer run it hard.

racecar.hotshoe
10-07-2004, 07:37 PM
I went to the doctor today because I am an old 38 yrs. I went because I have not been feeling like myself. He took my blood pressure and it was 130 over 100. He looked me over and said these words to me I dont know what you have been doing in your 38 years of life,but you are beat to hell. That made me feel great he also said I had irreagular heart beat. I could go on but I think you get the moral of the story. I can't believe my wake up call came so early. I have a eight year old boy and all I could do was think about him and how all the years of abuse fighting drinking and everything else I did could now directly hurt him. Be careful kids ya never know!!!! I can no longer run it hard.Is everything going to be OK?

taxman
10-07-2004, 08:24 PM
I hope so going for physical next week and also prostate for bleeding **** what a day. Never new I was going to have this happen so soon

taxman
10-07-2004, 08:25 PM
kinda ironic im the school nurse of Beaumont

racecar.hotshoe
10-07-2004, 08:28 PM
kinda ironic im the school nurse of BeaumontDont let your mind do more damage!See what the doc says,And run with it,Mark

JustDawn
10-07-2004, 08:29 PM
I went to the doctor today because I am an old 38 yrs. I went because I have not been feeling like myself. He took my blood pressure and it was 130 over 100. He looked me over and said these words to me I dont know what you have been doing in your 38 years of life,but you are beat to hell. That made me feel great he also said I had irreagular heart beat. I could go on but I think you get the moral of the story. I can't believe my wake up call came so early. I have a eight year old boy and all I could do was think about him and how all the years of abuse fighting drinking and everything else I did could now directly hurt him. Be careful kids ya never know!!!! I can no longer run it hard.
Hey, at least you were lucky enough to get the wake up call now and in his office as opposed to a year from now in an ER after a massive coronary or stroke. It's a bitch to make lifestyle changes but at 38 you still have plenty of time to do what's necessary. And I'm guessing that your son is motivation enough! :) Good luck................. :clover:

Tom Brown
10-07-2004, 08:29 PM
I had a health scare a couple of years ago. It turned out it was just a cold but it scared me into taking much better care of myself. Now I'm in the best physical condition I've known in more than a decade.
If you start taking care of yourself, you might find good health brings you more pleasure than you would expect. :cool:

ahhell
10-07-2004, 08:37 PM
life style change is sometimes eminent, i had the same thing, to a degree, happen a couple years ago at 40, high BP, cholesterol over 300...yada yada doc said change or risk stroke ,heart attack etc. not too hard to do. the key word is "moderation" in everything, but still have a blow out every once in a while :D
never thought id have the little brown bottles in the cupboard :confused: :redface:

IN2-IN2MX
10-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Everything will work out for you. Think positive. :)

mbrown2
10-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Tax, better late then never.....38 is still young enough to change your ways...diet, exercise, rest and a positive outlook....I know easier said then done, but you played hard to get to this point, just have to change the plays...good luck and keep us posted. :)

Tom Brown
10-07-2004, 08:42 PM
I advocate bran.
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/bran.jpg

HCS
10-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Don't freek out! Your 38! That's it? What do you look like! you live in Beaumont? :D
Hell.....I'm 45 young and getting younger dude. :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/637Picture_012-med.jpg

Boozer
10-07-2004, 09:19 PM
More people need to have the attitude mentioned below. It would make life a LOT more fun.
Don't freek out! Your 38! That's it? What do you look like! you live in Beaumont? :D
Hell.....I'm 45 young and getting younger dude. :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/637Picture_012-med.jpg

racecar.hotshoe
10-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Everything will work out for you. Think positive. :)Thats what my ex said when I went for an aids test......... :D

moneysucker
10-07-2004, 09:20 PM
You will be OK. I would reccomend the Gym a few times a week and I did atkins and lost 50 Lbs and feel better than I ever did. Like the others have said. Stress will hurt your health worse than anything else, so wait until the physical comes back then make the necessary changes. Hopefully no-one gives you negative rep points for this thread. JK.

Boozer
10-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Thats what my ex said when I went for an aids test......... :D
So at that point getting diagnosed with genital warts was a blessing?

HCS
10-07-2004, 09:29 PM
More people need to have the attitude mentioned below. It would make life a LOT more fun.
Thanks Boozer. That's what keeps me going.
Don't let the doctors freek you out.
Exercise and party young. You'll be OK. :smile:

racecar.hotshoe
10-07-2004, 09:45 PM
So at that point getting diagnosed with genital warts was a blessing?Thats what I said............. :rollside:

HCS
10-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Thats what I said............. :rollside:
That's what I thought. :wink:

Misogynist
10-08-2004, 12:18 AM
I made a lifestyle change at 38... got into shape... lost 50 lbs... Now I work out twice a week... ride my bike three times a week for a total of 60 miles... no pussy rides either... lots of hills... I didn't want to follow my father's footsteps and die at 43 from a heart attack... I'm now 50 and in better shape than when I was 25. ....... :wink:

FRENCHIE
10-08-2004, 05:06 AM
keep you head...up!! and i advocate plenty of execise!!! :wink:

Mrs.Racer277
10-08-2004, 06:19 AM
I hope everything turns out OK. Better to know now then have an emergency. You are very young (my age) and have time to take control of your situation. The hardest part is doing it. Once the mind frame is there it get easiler every step of the way. The greatest inspiration is your son. Good Luck.

taxman
10-08-2004, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2-IN2MX
Everything will work out for you. Think positive.
Thats what my ex said when I went for an aids test.........
I just laughed my ass off!!!! I have worked out in the past just about 2 yrs ago I broke up with my woman. Since I have run wild like a dog with rabies in Beaumont!!!! I will get back to the gym train run and not look back the cream always rises to the top. Thank you all for the nice words it helped!!!! Have fun on the water this weekend!!!!!!!!